PDA

View Full Version : Tough loss to swallow, but we are not alone

Phil Hellmuth
05-23-2006, 03:33 PM
Hope all these games that I got from another thread help you cope with our depressing game yesterday. We aren't alone...

1998 WCF: Stockton hits Game 6 three-pointer while Barkley is fouled

I stagger in disbelief as my clearly better team is beaten by a bunch of flopping douchebags who get a lot of rediculous calls and no-calls. And the Rockets haven't been in the second round since.

2003 ALCS RED SOX YANKEES - YANKEES WIN 4-3

I couldn't believe it, I hadn't really cried in years. But I went up to my bed ( I think I got into my room and locked the door before the home run hit the seats), and just cried. It felt so close, I thought we were gonna win it, and like that, Grady Little and Aaron Boone snatched it away.

The next day I walked around dazed, thinking I was gonna puke all day. I actually had a friend who's a Yankee fan come up and hug me, ask me if I was ok, I looked that bad.

Why I went to class, I'll never know, ebcause I can assure you that there was no retention of any knowledge that day.

Shit, I was too depressed to drink.

2002-03 NFL Playoffs: 49ers 39, Giants 38

Giants up 38-14 in the 3rd quarter. Niners make a huge comeback and win

Webber - The timeout

"Most devastating sporting event in my life"

The LJ four-point play"

it took me until November when the next season started to get over it.

1993 Phils-Jays World Series (game 2 giving up that huge lead, game 6-Joe Carter, nuff said)

"1993- Duke's loss to California in the 2nd round of the playoffs"

Bobby Hurley deserved a better final game than that one. He was my favorite player at the time, so that was some really sad shit. It's even sadder in retrospect.

Falcons 30, Vikings 27: NFC Championship Game

1998 was our best shot of winning a Super Bowl, perhaps for the rest of eternity. I still haven't seen Morten Anderson's field goal that won it, and I refuse to watch it. That would be like admitting it happened.

"The number of game 7's, game 5's and absolute playoff chokes we've lived through since 1993 is disgusting"

Pacers:
1994 game 7 ECF vs Knicks
1995 game 7 ECF vs Magic
1998 game 7 ECF vs Bulls
1999 game 3 ECF vs Knicks and the bullshit 4 pointer
2000 game 4 Finals vs Lakers, OT loss to go down 3-1 instead of tie 2-2
2002 game 5 1st vs Nets - Reggies bankshot 3 to go to OT, 2 handed slam to go to double OT, only to then lose
2005 game 6 2nd vs Pistons - Reggie's retirement game

davidbowie
05-23-2006, 06:13 PM
swallow....hehe