PDA

View Full Version : The Pop Show Today

Kori Ellis
05-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Listen Live. It's starting in the next segment.

http://ticket760.com/main.html

Kori Ellis
05-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Interesting thoughts.. He said they need to figure out who the backup point guard will be, be it Beno or someone else.

And that they need to work out their situation with the bigs.

They are talking about looking for a young, athletic guy who is 6'9/6'10 to keep up with teams like Dallas and Phx next year.

He's talking about Javtokas, saying he is a big banger to work underneath .. not the athlete they are talking about.

He said Mahinmi isn't ready yet.

polandprzem
05-23-2006, 04:47 PM
Last time they've blocked my popup or somethink like that :pctoss

Please keep us informing. Thanks

Slinkyman
05-23-2006, 04:48 PM
pop called Javtokas a "rock 'em sock 'em kind a guy" :lol

whottt
Ya...I picture Javtokas as a Malik Rose hustle type with better shotblocking and hopefully better rebounding, and he can get up in the air...but I've never seen anything to indicate he has any business being out on the perimeter. He is generally regarded as the best defensive C currently playing in Europe though. I will be surprised if Javtokas isn't on the roster as the back up C next season.

Kori Ellis
He said that he went with Nick over Beno because Nick gave good minutes where Tony could rest, giving them good time without turnovers and running the offense well. He said they were hoping he could give them shots as a bonus (as he had in past playoff performances).

Beno hadn't had the playing time and it wouldn't have worked.

timvp
05-23-2006, 04:50 PM
Beno hadn't had the playing time and it wouldn't have worked.

Beno hadn't had the playing time because every time we put him in he turned the ball over in the backcourt.

whottt
05-23-2006, 04:51 PM
NVE lost confidence in his shot...he was afraid to shoot. When that happens to NVE one of the great balls shooters in NBA history...it is time for him to hang it up.

I don't want to remember Nick the Quick, Nick the Clutch, like he looked in this series...it's just sad. He was a much greater player than he showed in this series and hopfully no one will remember this part of his career when they are remembering Nick Van Exel.

SPARKY
05-23-2006, 04:51 PM
Props to Holt Cat for running off the one big who could play small ball at the 4.

degenerate_gambler
05-23-2006, 04:52 PM
He also said he sees that SA needs an athletic type player, a 'Derrick McKey' type as Pop described it

ploto
05-23-2006, 04:52 PM
I found it interesting that when potential bigs were mentioned- Javtokas, Ian, and Scola- that Pop never addressed the Scola issue.

timvp
05-23-2006, 04:53 PM
Comment of the show so far is Pop saying the Spurs need a Derrick McKey type. For those who don't remember McKey, he was a long three.

Long three!

Finally :drunk

BgT
05-23-2006, 04:54 PM
He is generally regarded as the best defensive C currently playing in Europe though.
:lmao :lmao This guy, Javtokas, SUCKS! Have you seen him playing lately? Have you? I have. I said it in one other thread, I will repeat it here:
Javtokas is the most overvalued player amongst spurs fans. You expect so much , but... :depressed Trust me, I'm telling the truth.

polandprzem
That's interests me.

How come KVH could get some playing time and contibute ?
Devin harris?

Desagna Diop is not that fantastic of a basketball player but he got so much time and it pay off. How come the Pop's spurs bench can't do that?
Is Pop is affraid of taking a risk?
he just saying it wold have not worked , it would have not worked.... rolleyes twice

Kori Ellis
He is saying that Tony lost some confidence in his jumper in the playoffs and that Pop was trying to get him to shoot it even more.

He said over the summer he expects Tony to probably even add a 3 point shot and improve again.

Now talking about Horry.

doldrums
05-23-2006, 04:55 PM
Pop felt tony lost confidence in his outside shot in the playoffs. He doesn't know why.

ploto
Horry- tough series- not as tough a match-up as for other bigs, but still not his "thing".

Kori Ellis
:lmao :lmao This guy, Javtokas, SUCKS! Have you seen him playing lately? Have you? I have. I said it in one other thread, I will repeat it here:
Javtokas is the most overvalued player amongst spurs fans. You expect so much , but... :depressed Trust me, I'm telling the truth.

Have you?

I don't think he's overvalued. No one thinks he's starting quality, just a role player.

whottt
05-23-2006, 04:56 PM

Actually I haven't seen him play since the end of last season...

He must have gone backwards since then, because he looked good to me at that time...

EDit: Let me clear on what that means...he looked better to me than Rasho or Nazr...mainly because he appears to be more agressive and physical than Rasho and not as much of a dumbass as Nazr.

This does not mean that I think he is going to give David Robinson a run for his money...just that he'll probably be a better fit for this team than the two lumps of shit we have been trotting out at the C position the last couple of years.

polandprzem
Comment of the show so far is Pop saying the Spurs need a Derrick McKey type. For those who don't remember McKey, he was a long three.

Long three!

Yeah isn't it 6 years now?

Kori Ellis
He talking about Nazr/Rasho and said he doesn't regret not playing them.

He's saying Nazr still has value to the team .. they aren't playing Dallas every day.

ploto
05-23-2006, 04:57 PM
Any regrets about series- not playing bigs?

Not a bit. Impossible for those guys to guard in this series.

If we played the Clippers- they would have needed bigs to match-up. Pop said you have to be versatile in the NBA now for all possible match-ups.

BgT
05-23-2006, 04:59 PM
Actually I haven't seen him play since the end of last season...

He must have gone backwards since then, because he looked good to me at that time...
He is very athletic guy, looks ok on photos. But during the game he reminds me... :depressed ... Nazr! :depressed

objective
05-23-2006, 04:59 PM
This guy, Javtokas, SUCKS! Have you seen him playing lately? Have you?

I saw game 4 of Rytas vs. Zalgiris, his last game, and I really liked what I saw, except the free throws. The free throws looked like he was playing dodgeball with the rim.

Kori Ellis
05-23-2006, 05:00 PM
He said that all players whine too much :lol and that he wishes they wouldn't. But that every player on every team does.

(This was in reference to Del Harris thinking Timmy whines too much)

whottt
05-23-2006, 05:00 PM
I saw game 4 of Rytas vs. Zalgiris, his last game, and I really liked what I saw, except the free throws. The free throws looked like he was playing dodgeball with the rim.

This automatically means he has Spurs potential....

Das Texan
05-23-2006, 05:01 PM

He's saying Nazr still has value to the team .. they aren't playing Dallas every day.

ya to get someone of use in trade when nazr signs elsewhere.

BgT
05-23-2006, 05:02 PM
Have you?

I don't think he's overvalued. No one thinks he's starting quality, just a role player.
Hmmm. From the posts around here I got the impression that people think HE is the solution of the "bigs problem". He is not.

doldrums
05-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Defended Manu, said he is something special and that sometimes his instincts take over and sometimes get the best of him, but that they wouldn't have gotten there without him. Said he has the guts to take the clutch shots. Said something to the effect that he would enter a foxhole with him.

ploto
05-23-2006, 05:04 PM
ya to get someone of use in trade when nazr signs elsewhere.
It was in response to a question about whether Nazr would be back. Pop gave the standard answer that they will talk to his agent this summer and that Nazr still has value to the team.

objective
05-23-2006, 05:05 PM
I'm one who thinks Javtokas is better out on the court than Rasho or Nazr.

And I've seen enough to convince me. Not just of Javtokas, but of Rasho.

whottt
05-23-2006, 05:05 PM
Hmmm. From the posts around here I got the impression that people think HE is the solution of the "bigs problem". He is not.

I think he's part of the solution...the guys not a total stiff like you seem to think he is, I know this from watching him, he plays hard, he plays agressive...that alone makes him a rare bigman in todays NBA. That alone makes him part of the solution for this team.

The guy was in a motorcycle wreck and wasn't expected to even be able to walk right ever again, much less ever play basketball again...that alone tells you what kind of effort he puts out on the court and what kind of character he has...

So I know already part of your asessment is full of shit. And he can still freaking jump and he knows how to block shots...these things will translate to the NBA, as will effort.

Whether or not his rebounding will translate and if he has the speed to guard NBA players...those are the questions about him.

Russ
05-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Pop said you have to be versatile in the NBA now for all possible match-ups.

Agreed, but why doesn't Dallas have to be versatile?

Don't forget, Pop, you're Vince Lombardi at heart -- let 'em know what you're going to do, let 'em try to adjust, and let 'em try to stop it.

Easy for me to say.

leemajors
05-23-2006, 05:08 PM
i've seen javtokas play in several games that were tape delayed on nbatv. he moves really well, has good hands, and boxes out very well. not the greatest shooter, but that's not what we need at that position - he also defends farily well. like any other euro there will probably be an adjustment period as far as officiating, but he's a solid player, which is what we need. he's quicker than rasho, and has way better hands than nazr.

BgT
05-23-2006, 05:09 PM
It was in response to a question about whether Nazr would be back. Pop gave the standard answer that they will talk to his agent this summer and that Nazr still has value to the team.
Yes, but I think Das Texan said it ok. Why would Pop said "Nazr sucks, we don't need him." if he doesn't have to? Sign&Trade should always remain a possibility.

Russ
05-23-2006, 05:10 PM
Defended Manu, said he is something special and that sometimes his instincts take over and sometimes get the best of him, but that they wouldn't have gotten there without him. Said he has the guts to take the clutch shots. Said something to the effect that he would enter a foxhole with him.
Manu Ginobilli isn't a basketball player, he's a force of nature. Any Spurs fan who criticizes him in the least . . . Well. I'll stop.

boutons_
05-23-2006, 05:12 PM
"NVE lost confidence in his shot"

He never had a shot, only cocky-self confidence.

He's another SJax, a career shitty 35% - 36% 3G shooter and 41% FG shooter, who hit some big shots in big games that obscured that he has never been an efficient shooter. For perspective, the worst team in the NBA shoots a team FG% of about 42%.

NVE has put on weight and has elbow bone spurs. He was finished a year ago.
Pop sounds like he wanted Nick as a low-TO, pass-first PG, but Nick's frequent, early shot clocks bricks were effectively TOs for the Spurs. I guess ball-handling TOs look worse/hurt more than poorly-selected, bricked-shot T0s.

Sad that Nick is the best backup PG the defending Champions could suit up.

I would have loved Nick to be the Nick of Mavs Playoffs 03, but that was the last effective Nick we'll ever see.

FromWayDowntown
05-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Agreed, but why doesn't Dallas have to be versatile?

I think it's pretty clear by now that Dallas is versatile. Besides, with the rules as they are, they did the right thing in forcing matchups.

This is the point that I don't understand from the Rasho/Nazr camp -- it's not as if playing those guys was going to force the Mavs to go big on the defensive end. Neither Rasho or Nazr is a particularly strong offensive player. AJ could have played Dirk on either of those guys and not had to concern himself with any sort of fouling issues or the need for double teams. Since playing those guys wouldn't have forced Dallas to matchup on the offensive end (any differently than they did), and since those guys wouldn't have had anyone to defend on the defensive end, what good does playing them do?

It seems to me that such a choice would have been far more stubborn than prudent.

polandprzem
Okay it is a perfect time to go to sleep. Nobody listening to me :(

Seeya. I'll be back in 8-10 hours.

ducks
I think if tony was healthy in the beginning of the series against mavs he would have had more confidence in it.

AND GUESS WHAT SPUR FANS
POP WANTED TP TO SHOOT EVEN MORE JUMPERS IN THE POSTSEASON

THAT SHOULD GET THE FIRE POP PEOPLE FIRED BACK UP

BgT
05-23-2006, 05:15 PM
I think he's part of the solution...the guys not a total stiff like you seem to think he is, I know this from watching him, he plays hard, he plays agressive...that alone makes him a rare bigman in todays NBA. That alone makes him part of the solution for this team.

The guy was in a motorcycle wreck and wasn't expected to even be able to walk right ever again, much less ever play basketball again...that alone tells you what kind of effort he puts out on the court and what kind of character he has...

So I know already part of your asessment is full of shit. And he can still freaking jump and he knows how to block shots...these things will translate to the NBA, as will effort.

Whether or not his rebounding will translate and if he has the speed to guard NBA players...those are the questions about him.
I wasn't wrong about Nazr and I'm not wrong about Javtokas. This topic is bookmarked and I will request a "back-off post" when the time comes. ;) Just tell me one thing, coz I'm new here. Were you one of those, who thought Nazr was the god-given miracle after the last season PO's? Simple yes or no would be enough. Other Javtokas fans could maybe also answer to this question? Thanks.

whottt
05-23-2006, 05:16 PM
Were you one of those, who thought Nazr was the god-given miracle after the last season PO's? Simple yes or no would be enough.

No. In fact I was probably the most anti-Nazr guy on the board.

I think he does some things better than Javtokas...but he does play stupid sometimes, he's not really a good shotblocker or defender, and he has lousy hands.

Nazr is an inconsistent garbage man.

Vashner
05-23-2006, 05:18 PM
Nazr GOOD but there is Some magic missing.. you know those great centers... GREAT... UBER..

Where the heck did they all go??

BgT
05-23-2006, 05:19 PM
I think it's pretty clear by now that Dallas is versatile. Besides, with the rules as they are, they did the right thing in forcing matchups.

This is the point that I don't understand from the Rasho/Nazr camp -- it's not as if playing those guys was going to force the Mavs to go big on the defensive end. Neither Rasho or Nazr is a particularly strong offensive player. AJ could have played Dirk on either of those guys and not had to concern himself with any sort of fouling issues or the need for double teams. Since playing those guys wouldn't have forced Dallas to matchup on the offensive end (any differently than they did), and since those guys wouldn't have had anyone to defend on the defensive end, what good does playing them do?

It seems to me that such a choice would have been far more stubborn than prudent.
It was said 1000 times. Here is 1001st: rebounds, esp defensive rebounds, and block the drive-in-layup railroad Dallas had.

BgT
05-23-2006, 05:20 PM
No. In fact I was probably the most anti-Nazr guy on the board.

I think he does some things better than Javtokas...but he does play stupid sometimes, he's not really a good shotblocker or defender, and he has lousy hands.

Nazr is an inconsistent garbage man.
Ok, thanks.

leemajors
05-23-2006, 05:32 PM
It was said 1000 times. Here is 1001st: rebounds, esp defensive rebounds, and block the drive-in-layup railroad Dallas had.

they way the game was being called nazr and rasho would have fouled out just as fast as damp and diop, making them ineffective and giving the mavs more free throws. no one wants that.

CosmicCowboy
05-23-2006, 05:39 PM

He jumped over a car in a bet with his coach this year...the coach had to give the whole team the rest of the day off in practice if he could do it...and he did.

DDS4
05-23-2006, 05:47 PM
Small ball is here to stay. Even if we got past Dallas, Phoenix would be there waiting for us. Diaw is their "center" for chrissakes.

Twin tower ball is dead. We need to change that philosophy and retool.

leemajors
05-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Small ball is here to stay. Even if we got past Dallas, Phoenix would be there waiting for us. Diaw is their "center" for chrissakes.

Twin tower ball is dead. We need to change that philosophy and retool.

we have proved we can beat phoenix by taking away a lot of their 3 point attempts and stopping them in key situations. i wasn't worrried too much about phoenix. dallas drives a lot more than phoenix so the same defensive philosophy wouldn't apply. we match up better vs phoenix than dallas.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-23-2006, 06:10 PM

Dumbass. Someone should point out the points in the paint and rebounding, see how he feels then.

BgT
05-23-2006, 06:42 PM
He is just stubborn. He hasn't learn a thing in this season, so I'm very pesimistic about the next one.

Vashner
05-23-2006, 06:46 PM
Tall ball is not dead lol....

If you took say Jason Kidds mind.. and UPLOADED it into Nazr...

ERASING DOG BRAIN>> STAND BY>>> UPLOADING NBA GENIUS SERIES...

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Last year we rolled Phoenix (who was playing small ball) with Tim and Nazr both starting and playing side by side.

The only thing that changed from last year to this Mavs series was Pop got stupid.

Fabbs
05-23-2006, 07:08 PM
Did Pop comment on leaving the obviously tired Duncan etc in for the entire Overtime?

Fabbs
05-23-2006, 07:10 PM
Also when we got the prayer foul call to make it 115-111 instead of 115-110, why did he insist on going for the three pointer?

Sure two 115-113 puts a lot of pressure on the Mavs foul shooter.

The final play drawn up to have Tim shoot the three pointer. :lol :elephant
Was that a broken play or more of Pops strategy?

BgT
05-23-2006, 07:10 PM
Did Pop comment on leaving the obviously tired Duncan etc in for the entire Overtime?
If he'd bench the best player in the league for the last 5 minutes, I would personally cut off his balls. He can't be THAT stupid!!

ploto
05-23-2006, 07:21 PM
Pop did say that Tim had to stay at the arena for two hours after the game and get a couple of bags of IV fluid. His whole body was cramping up, but you still don't take him out.

SequSpur
Manu hadn't done shit all year.

Beno and Rasho have both sucked since they were wet dreams.

I don't understand why oh fuckin why we have to get to this point for Popovich to understand.

K-State Spur
Last year we rolled Phoenix (who was playing small ball) with Tim and Nazr both starting and playing side by side.

The only thing that changed from last year to this Mavs series was Pop got stupid.

Last year Pop could put Tim on Pheonix's 2 guard and let Amare tear apart Nazr, because the Suns weren't going to play defense and weren't a great rebounding team.

When Avery went to the two point guard line-up, even with his foot looking better, Timmy can't run around with Terry, Harris, or Howard.

Plus, Dallas will play some defense, and isn't bad on the boards, which means we needed stops. We couldn't just let somebody eat Nazr alive on the defensive end.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-23-2006, 07:26 PM

There was no problem leaving Dunca in for all of OT. The problem was running every single play on offense for him when he was obviously gassed.

Plus, Dallas will play some defense, and isn't bad on the boards, which means we needed stops. We couldn't just let somebody eat Nazr alive on the defensive end.

And then you eat them alive at the other end with your size like we did to Phoenix last year, and have better rebounding and shot blocking around to boot.

Fabbs
05-23-2006, 07:36 PM
There was no problem leaving Dunca in for all of OT. The problem was running every single play on offense for him when he was obviously gassed.

And then you eat them alive at the other end with your size like we did to Phoenix last year, and have better rebounding and shot blocking around to boot.

Thank you. Yeah the 112-108 offensive play especially. Real momentum killer when Tim was too gassed to toss it three feet to the rim. Manu, why the *&^% did you have to foul Dirk at end of reg?

E20
05-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Is there anyway to re-listen to this?

ducks
05-23-2006, 09:18 PM
it should be online tomorrow
bumb it and it will remind me to look for the link for you

K-State Spur
05-23-2006, 09:19 PM

This is where the regular season can be used as a measuring stick. Neither Nazr or Rasho showed the ability to eat Dallas alive at any point during the first 4 meetings.

While Dirk will never be confused with a great defender, I can't see Nazr or Rasho dominating him in the low post. And he's more discipline than Amare was last year, who would go for the block on every drive and leave a lot of open dunks/lay-ups to be had by the Spurs bigs.

Truth be told, since we did lose, I would have rather gone down playing with our best line-up than playing Dallas on their terms. But if the Spurs don't do basically everything wrong after Manu's 3 last night, we'd just be hearing about another situation where San Antonio adjusted and beat an opponent at their own game.

E20
05-23-2006, 09:23 PM
it should be online tomorrow
bumb it and it will remind me to look for the link for you
Thanks. :duck

intlspurshk
05-23-2006, 09:27 PM

Long three!

So it means Pop like Hedo..........or Hedon't

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-23-2006, 10:08 PM
Neither Nazr or Rasho showed the ability to eat Dallas alive at any point during the first 4 meetings.

12/1/2005: Spurs win 92-90.

Rasho with 6 and 7.
Nazr with 10, 5, and a block.

3/2/2006: Spurs win 98-89 (note this is when Pop was starting Nazr)

Nazr: 10 points, 5 boards, 1 block.

You wouldn't have taken 10, 5, and 1 when Horry was giving us 4 points, 3 boards, and 0 blocks in this series?

:lmao

Spurologist
05-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Can anyone give a quick recap of the pop show?

T Park
05-23-2006, 10:13 PM

Or, maybe, Dallas is better?

nahh.

T Park
05-23-2006, 10:13 PM

Rasho with 6 and 7.

You wouldn't have taken 10, 5, and 1 when Horry was giving us 4 points, 3 boards, and 0 blocks in this series?

Both games, no Devin Harris.

ducks
05-23-2006, 10:14 PM
dirk is better
he will never be this good again in postseason

BOOK IT

K-State Spur
05-24-2006, 07:43 AM

Rasho with 6 and 7.

:lmao

10/5/1 is not dominating. And Nazr/Rasho would have given up much more than that in the difference on the other end. And with Dallas' line-up adjustment, they (or timmy) would have been forced to guard a shooter, it would have pulled them away from the hoop and negated much of that rebounding advantage (for two centers who aren't great on the defensive boards as is).

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-24-2006, 08:06 AM
I never said 10/5/1 was dominating, I just said it would have been more than we were getting from Horry, and enough to pick up one of those close losses we suffered.

Some of you I give up on. What we were doing didn't work. Why not at least try something different instead of letting Dallas kick our teeth in time after time?

travis2
05-24-2006, 08:08 AM
Damn, we still have some fucking idiots masquerading as Spurs fans...:rolleyes

travis2
05-24-2006, 08:10 AM
I never said 10/5/1 was dominating, I just said it would have been more than we were getting from Horry, and enough to pick up one of those close losses we suffered.

Some of you I give up on. What we were doing didn't work. Why not at least try something different instead of letting Dallas kick our teeth in time after time?

Why don't you just fucking give up completely? If you truly believe that putting either Nazr or Rasho in was going to help us, you are a complete moron. The reasons have already been given ad infinitum.

travis2
05-24-2006, 08:12 AM

FWDT shows his usual brilliance. Too bad there are so many fucking-idiot-poser-Spurs fans trying to either ignore him or shout him down. Or maybe they just can't comprehend it?

Whatever. His post bears repeating. As often as necessary.

K-State Spur
05-24-2006, 08:53 AM
What we were doing didn't work.

You say that with the benefit of hindsight. With 30 seconds left in the game Monday night, a strong argument could have been made to the contrary.

MoSpur
05-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Why didn't the Spurs ever go into a zone? Just a question.

mabber
05-24-2006, 09:22 AM

Now here's someone that understands the current NBA game. Excellent post!

blaze89
05-24-2006, 09:26 AM
Why didn't the Spurs ever go into a zone? Just a question.

They would have attacked the zone with their quickness, I believe.

strangeweather
05-24-2006, 09:27 AM
They would have attacked the zone with their quickness, I believe.

Or shot over it all day long. If you play off Dallas's shooters, they'll make a ton of uncontested jumpers.

blaze89
05-24-2006, 09:32 AM
Or shot over it all day long. If you play off Dallas's shooters, they'll make a ton of uncontested jumpers.

True, also if the Spurs went zone, all the pro-Nazr/Rasho posters would have gone ballistic. That new server Ms. Ellis have in placed would have melted.

ducks
05-24-2006, 10:48 AM
my internet is going down
please post the link if you do not I will post it when it is working

ata
05-24-2006, 11:47 AM
You just can't play zone against shooters!
First rule how to play against zone is: shoot from outside and with shooters Dallas have, Pop would cancel zone faster as T Park flops.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-24-2006, 12:39 PM
If you truly believe that putting either Nazr or Rasho in was going to help us, you are a complete moron. The reasons have already been given ad infinitum.

What reasons were those? Do you feel that Horry and Bowen rotating at PF worked out well?

+25 offensive rebounds for Dallas says it all.

Sasha
05-24-2006, 12:46 PM
NVE lost confidence in his shot...he was afraid to shoot. When that happens to NVE one of the great balls shooters in NBA history...it is time for him to hang it up.

I don't want to remember Nick the Quick, Nick the Clutch, like he looked in this series...it's just sad. He was a much greater player than he showed in this series and hopfully no one will remember this part of his career when they are remembering Nick Van Exel.

Thanks for this post, Whottt.

I remember NVE so well. I used to love to watch him play - at one point I even said we should put a hit out on him, he was so good. He's had a terrific career and I'll always be a fan of his, even though his last season, for the most part, was lousy.

He has nothing to be ashamed of. It's just time for him to retire and find something else to do that he can be fabulous at. It happens to all of us.

mabber
05-24-2006, 12:52 PM
Thanks for this post, Whottt.

I remember NVE so well. I used to love to watch him play - at one point I even said we should put a hit out on him, he was so good. He's had a terrific career and I'll always be a fan of his, even though his last season, for the most part, was lousy.

He has nothing to be ashamed of. It's just time for him to retire and find something else to do that he can be fabulous at. It happens to all of us.

NVE was absolutely CLUTCH when he played for the Mavs. Watching him play in this series kinda made me sad cuz I hardly recognized him cuz he was playing so timidly.

travis2
05-24-2006, 01:03 PM
What reasons were those? Do you feel that Horry and Bowen rotating at PF worked out well?

+25 offensive rebounds for Dallas says it all.

Try reading. FWDT and CosmicCowboy presented excellent explanations. I reposted FWDT's post on this and one other thread.

And no, it doesn't say it all. Try expanding your horizons outside of the box score.

ducks
05-24-2006, 05:11 PM
http://spurs.woai.com/main.html

deespur
05-24-2006, 08:28 PM
So what was the story with Del Harris? Was something said to Duncan during the game?

deespur
05-24-2006, 08:44 PM
He said that all players whine too much :lol and that he wishes they wouldn't. But that every player on every team does.

(This was in reference to Del Harris thinking Timmy whines too much)

So what happened? Did Del Harris say something to Duncan?

alamo50
05-25-2006, 02:22 PM
Those links to part 1 and 2 have not been working for me since the last show.
What's up?

CubanMustGo
05-25-2006, 03:20 PM
Del Harris was quoted in the Dallas paper a few days ago saying Tim was a whiner.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42094

Bruno
08-23-2006, 05:13 PM
They are talking about looking for a young, athletic guy who is 6'9/6'10 to keep up with teams like Dallas and Phx next year.

Three months later : no sign of a player like that (and don't tell me that Melzer is our Dallas stopper :lol ).

I won't judge the offseason before the end but I start to wonder if Spurs will fill what was our biggest need.

diego
08-23-2006, 06:54 PM
I'm getting into this discussion late but I dont think dallas has that many shooters anymore. In 03 they had NVE, nash, finley, dirk... in 06 just Dirk, KVH (who is gone now). Terry and stack I dont consider dependable shooters, harris and howard less so. Plus the clutch factor (two young guys, two unstable guys in terry and stack)... I think we definitely should have tried playing a zone on them.

ALVAREZ6
08-23-2006, 07:01 PM
I would consider both Terry and Stack shooters, when they are on, they are on, and will light a team up. And it's not like they are rarely making their shots, these guys can shoot.

orhe
08-23-2006, 09:21 PM
we really need Hedo back