PDA

View Full Version : A favorable matchup for Dallas found!

Mavs<Spurs
05-23-2006, 04:39 PM
I think that I found 1 favorable matchup for Dallas vs. Detroit.

AJ > Flip !!!!

LOL. :lol :lol :lol

Won't matter. Detroit's players win regardless of the coach!!!
With or without Larry Brown and with or without Flip!!!

Its the players that make the team!!!

Go Pistons!!!

Shank
05-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Sell-out.

Wu banga
05-23-2006, 04:51 PM
So if detroit can beat dallas no matter what then wouldn't that mean the could beat san antonio no matter what? Or was last night just a fluke. The spurs couldn't even pull off 1 win during the regular season, we pulled of a 37 pointer breaking their undefeated record early on in the season.

mavsfan1000
05-23-2006, 04:56 PM
Pistons lose to the mavs. The mavs are quicker than the pistons in almost every position and have the best player on the court in Dirk.

Pistonsfan01
05-23-2006, 04:56 PM
So if detroit can beat dallas no matter what then wouldn't that mean the could beat san antonio no matter what? Or was last night just a fluke. The spurs couldn't even pull off 1 win during the regular season, we pulled of a 37 pointer breaking their undefeated record early on in the season.

early in the season is right,coming off a b2b.Dude please dont be a Pacer-like mavs fan and say that beating us in the regular season means you will beat us should we meet.Try to use that thing behind your eyeballs first before the mouth opens and the fingers type

Pistonsfan01
05-23-2006, 04:57 PM
Pistons lose to the mavs. The mavs are quicker than the pistons in almost every position and have the best player on the court in Dirk.

Rip could out run anyone on your team,and our defense would shut Dork down to the point the refs would have to bail him out ...AGAIN.Mavs our defense would smash you down.BELIEVE IT :fro

CosmicCowboy
05-23-2006, 04:59 PM
I will be honest with you Detroit fans...I have watched you guys in the playoffs so far...based on what I have seen you may have some difficulty scoring enough every game to keep up with Dallas.

mavsfan1000
05-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Spurs defense>Pistons defense. Harris is quicker than Hamilton, Howard quicker than Prince, and Dirk is quicker than Rasheed. Mavs bench>Pistons bench.

himat
05-23-2006, 05:01 PM

okay :rolleyes . Pistons are going to own the mavs. Spurs are the only team that could beat us and now that they lost it's all Pistons.

mavsfan1000
05-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Pistons play too slow and don't have that unstoppable player like the spurs do in Duncan. If the mavs can beat the spurs than why not the pistons. They got more experience now to add on to it.

leemajors
05-23-2006, 05:04 PM
harris isn't that consistent, i don't think you can depend on him for a whole series. hamilton can get his shot off whenever he wants, billups can too, and post up terry and harris if he has to. for every quickness advantage, detroit also has an advantage at those positions. quickness won out vs the spurs, but the pistons are younger and don't only have one threat down low. assuming they both get to the finals, which is far from a given, it's an interesting matchup. if the mavs sacrifice defense for offense like they did against the spurs, the pistons could score with them too.

Wu banga
05-23-2006, 05:04 PM
early in the season is right,coming off a b2b.Dude please dont be a Pacer-like mavs fan and say that beating us in the regular season means you will beat us should we meet.Try to use that thing behind your eyeballs first before the mouth opens and the fingers type

I'm not saying that we should beat you just becasue of a 37 point victory in the regular season. I'm sayin that we can. I was responding to this dumb statement:

"Won't matter. Detroit's players win regardless of the coach!!!
With or without Larry Brown and with or without Flip!!!

Its the players that make the team!!!"

Coaches do matter, if they don't then why pay them?

himat
05-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Mavs suck. The Spurs just couldn't matchup because Duncan needed to stay in the paint. We can put Tay on Howard and Ben on Dirk to slow down the Mavs. Chauncey will own Terry. Tay and Rip will own Stack and Howard. Lindsey will show Devin harriss what speed is all about. Dice will destroy Diop, and Sheed will be owning you inside and he'll be dropping 3's on you like it's his job.

Pistonsfan01
05-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Spurs defense>Pistons defense. Harris is quicker than Hamilton, Howard quicker than Prince, and Dirk is quicker than Rasheed. Mavs bench>Pistons bench.

dude pistons defense is better then the spurs lol even they will admit that,we can win games where we dont score 80 points how about you?,and I doubt you have actually seen the pistons play to not see the Rip is faster then anyone in the league.Howard might be faster then prince but prince has length.And you can say what u want about mavs bench >ours but our starting 5 is so above yours its not even funny.I know your scared of us ,but its ok well kill ya quick :elephant

mavsfan1000
05-23-2006, 05:07 PM
Against the Pistons I would put Terry on Billups and Harris on Hamilton. Billups though will probably have a couple big games but will also struggle since he is mainly a perimeter player. I actually think the suns will give the mavs more problems than the pistons.

Pistonsfan01
05-23-2006, 05:08 PM
Pistons play too slow and don't have that unstoppable player like the spurs do in Duncan. If the mavs can beat the spurs than why not the pistons. They got more experience now to add on to it.
we play slow because we FORCE the tempo into being slow,which Dallas wont be able to handle.You dorks think you are a championship team? think again

Pistonsfan01
05-23-2006, 05:09 PM
Against the Pistons I would put Terry on Billups and Harris on Hamilton. Billups though will probably have a couple big games but will also struggle since he is mainly a perimeter player. I actually think the suns will give the mavs more problems than the pistons.

Suns will beat you in 6 or 7,wed beat you in 5.Yeah Id say you should be more worried about suns right now

himat
05-23-2006, 05:09 PM

You should definantly not be a coach. Why in the world would you put devin harris on rip? Unless you want to lose even more against us. How about you put a bigger guy on him? Rip would take Harris to the paint every possesion.

mavsfan1000
05-23-2006, 05:11 PM
we play slow because we FORCE the tempo into being slow,which Dallas wont be able to handle.You dorks think you are a championship team? think again
Better get by Miami before you think you can win a championship. Miami is playing with a lot of confidence right now. Detroit struggling on offense against the Cavs can't happen against a great half court team in Miami.

Pistonsfan01
05-23-2006, 05:11 PM
You should definantly not be a coach. Why in the world would you put devin harris on rip? Unless you want to lose even more against us. How about you put a bigger guy on him? Rip would take Harris to the paint every possesion.

hes a delusional mavs fan who has to be put in his place,not at the championship level us and the spurs have.Mavs are big wet dreamers and playoff screamahs!

mavsfan1000
05-23-2006, 05:12 PM
It didn't happen for Rip during the regular season against Harris. Hamilton beats players by speed so match speed and force him to play differently. He isn't that strong.

Pistonsfan01
05-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Better get by Miami before you think you can win a championship. Miami is playing with a lot of confidence right now. Detroit struggling on offense against the Cavs can't happen against a great half court team in Miami.
let me be frank with you.Miami and Pistons are the championship series this year since if either of us would smoke your no defense playing arses :smokin I think after screaming at your TV wondering how the fugg the pistons defense is that good youll soon appreciate us more

Mavtek
05-23-2006, 05:15 PM
Are the pistons really that good? I know I'm going to piss of a few Detroit fans with this, but honestly they haven't done shit this postseason except almost get beat by the Cavs. I'm willing to bet that they lose to Miami this year.

They had the NBA's best record because they got to play the Knicks, the Celtics, the Bucks, the 76ers, the Hawks, the Bobcats, and Toronto 4 times. They only had to play Dallas, SA, Sacremento, Phoenix twice..........

Pistonsfan01
05-23-2006, 05:17 PM
Are the pistons really that good? I know I'm going to piss of a few Detroit fans with this, but honestly they haven't done shit this postseason except almost get beat by the Cavs. I'm willing to bet that they lose to Miami this year.

They had the NBA's best record because they got to play the Knicks, the Celtics, the Bucks, the 76ers, the Hawks, the Bobcats, and Toronto 4 times. They only had to play Dallas, SA, Sacremento, Phoenix twice..........
the pistons merely lost focus.Ill admit that playing weaker teams and beating them so soundly went to their heads.But after seeing that same old toughness in finishing off the cavs that made them champs is still there and has reawakened.Expect a solid thrashing if miami

mavsfan1000
05-23-2006, 05:22 PM
How could the Pistons lose focus after Rasheed put the pressure on them to win game 4. The pistons looked beatable the whole time. The mavs offense is unstoppable because they spread the floor out so well and yet they are a good rebounding team to go with it.

himat
05-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Wow I never would of thought this would happen. Spurs lose in their own building in Game 7 where they are basically invincible, and the Mav fans think they're the favorites to win the Championship. If you haven't realized the Pistons are still going to have to face the heat and i wouldn't be surprised if Steve Nash schools Dirk and gets the Suns to the Finals. SUNS in 6!

leemajors
05-23-2006, 05:28 PM
damn pistons/mavs smack is highly entertaining.

himat
05-23-2006, 05:30 PM
damn pistons/mavs smack is highly entertaining.

:lol . I'm enjoying myself. Join in you can still talk about how Dallas almost lost a 3-1 series lead and a 20 point lead in Game 7. Spurs are still btter 3 Championships to zilch

Shank
05-23-2006, 05:30 PM
We're not even 24 hours out and the Spurs bandwagon is 70% lighter.

himat
05-23-2006, 05:36 PM
What are you talking about? There are still a lot of Spur fans here. After the Pistons are done with you there will be no Mavs fans here.

pussyface
05-23-2006, 05:38 PM
History is relevent to this argument. You Detroit people remind me of how me and other Spurs fans felt prior to our series with Dallas.

In all my years of basketball, I've never seen a team that is truly superior to their opponent lose a game to that opponent by 37 points, regular season or otherwise. As a nonpartisan observor, that is a clear indication to me that the Mavs match up at least fairly well with Detroit.

As for the "early in the season" excuse, I recall Dallas winning at Detroit late last season when both teams were struggling down the stretch for playoff positioning in their respective conferences.

Overlook this Dallas team at your own risk.

mavsfan1000
05-23-2006, 05:40 PM
What's entertaining is the mavs beat the best team and yet Piston fans are totally ignoring it like it is nothing. The Pistons are going to have to score over 100 points to beat the mavs. I just don't think they have enough offense. Diop and Dampier will be able help out on defense again instead of having to be stuck on Duncan.

pussyface
05-23-2006, 06:08 PM
History is relevent to this argument. You Detroit people remind me of how me and other Spurs fans felt prior to our series with Dallas.

In all my years of basketball, I've never seen a team that is truly superior to their opponent lose a game to that opponent by 37 points, regular season or otherwise. As a nonpartisan observor, that is a clear indication to me that the Mavs match up at least fairly well with Detroit.

As for the "early in the season" excuse, I recall Dallas winning at Detroit late last season when both teams were struggling down the stretch for playoff positioning in their respective conferences.

Overlook this Dallas team at your own risk.

TonyC
05-23-2006, 06:23 PM
:lol . I'm enjoying myself. Join in you can still talk about how Dallas almost lost a 3-1 series lead and a 20 point lead in Game 7. Spurs are still btter 3 Championships to zilch

You sound like a spur fan with that comment. If I had a nickel for everytime I heard that one....hell....I could buy the ATT center. Be afraid of the mavs...be very afraid!

SPARKY
05-23-2006, 06:24 PM
So the Mavs are to be feared because they beat the champs but fans can't enjoy those championships? Um, ok.

texas84
05-23-2006, 06:27 PM
Mavs suck. The Spurs just couldn't matchup because Duncan needed to stay in the paint. We can put Tay on Howard and Ben on Dirk to slow down the Mavs. Chauncey will own Terry. Tay and Rip will own Stack and Howard. Lindsey will show Devin harriss what speed is all about. Dice will destroy Diop, and Sheed will be owning you inside and he'll be dropping 3's on you like it's his job.

Ben on Dirk??!! I can't wait to see that one. If thats Detroit's plan, please God let this series happen!

TonyC
05-23-2006, 06:27 PM
So the Mavs are to be feared because they beat the champs but fans can't enjoy those championships? Um, ok.

I would actually say it's more like 2 1/2 championships. But it's cool. We'll get ours. Stay tuned

SPARKY
05-23-2006, 06:28 PM
Call it whatever you want, it's still better than none.

himat
05-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Ben on Dirk??!! I can't wait to see that one. If thats Detroit's plan, please God let this series happen!

Ben will shut down Dirk. Dirk is a wimp and can't play inside even though he's 7 feet tall.

himat
05-23-2006, 06:34 PM
You sound like a spur fan with that comment. If I had a nickel for everytime I heard that one....hell....I could buy the ATT center. Be afraid of the mavs...be very afraid!

Thtas because the spurs are better than the mavs so I said something good about the Spurs.

jamezyjamez
05-23-2006, 06:54 PM
Thtas because the spurs are better than the mavs so I said something good about the Spurs.

Yep the Spurs are better than the Mavs - makes perfect sense.

jamezyjamez
05-23-2006, 06:56 PM

That would be great - Ben out on the perimeter and it's I-35 for the Mavs all the way to the hoop.

Awesome defense and defenders are not so awesome without a shot-blocker to funnel your man into. Ask Bowen.