PDA

View Full Version : Bulls number 2 pick?

El_Mago
05-23-2006, 07:10 PM
Is it possible for the Spurs to package Mohammed and Barry for the Bulls number 2?

With that, the Spurs can get their long SF in Adam Morrison, who can shoot and drive to the basket.

While, the Bulls who already have enough young talent...get their center and a championship veteran in Barry to mix with the youth.

Tobias
05-23-2006, 07:17 PM
of course not. =P

Kori Ellis
05-23-2006, 07:18 PM
The Bulls will likely use their #2 pick and some of their youngsters to try to get KG. That was the rumor before the lottery.

loveforthegame
If the Bulls are dumb enough...but I won't hold my breath.

ducks
bulls can sign nazr without doing a sign and trade
nazr may want to force them to because he could get paid more that way
but a number 2 pick is not likely

Phil Hellmuth
05-23-2006, 07:19 PM
Morrison can't rebound for a lick..

No thank you!

El_Mago
05-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Yeah, Minny would then have 3 number 1 picks. (If Bulls throw in their second)

So, would it be the Bulls 1st rounders, Ben Gordon, and Chandler?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Morrison isn't exactly the quickest, and doesn't exactly rebound.

Plus, the Bulls would never give up a #2 pick like that.

T-Pain
05-23-2006, 07:32 PM
I would pick Bowen over Morrison if you ask me

El_Mago
05-23-2006, 07:39 PM
The Morrison criticism is fair.

I just ask because the Spurs lack a first rounder and more than ever it would be great if they had one. Even if it was in the later round.

Josh Howard was there in the late first a couple years back. And with the Spurs scouting I have no doubt they could find a gem in the first to give us that athletic SF, but at the 59th pick that will look nearly impossible. (Although we did land Manu in the later 2nd)

Sway
05-23-2006, 07:52 PM
The Bulls will likely use their #2 pick and some of their youngsters to try to get KG. That was the rumor before the lottery.

Didnt know this one^^^but word is Minnesota may trade KG and start rebuilding. This trade could make both teams happy...

pussyface
05-23-2006, 08:06 PM
The Bulls would laugh that offer of the table.
Barry has very limited value in a trade, especially after his no-show in the Dallas series. Same for Nazr. Maybe we could get the Bulls 2nd rounder for one of em.

El_Mago
05-23-2006, 08:12 PM
You're right...it would not be to appealing.

However, the Bulls do hold a 2nd 1st rounder.....so maybe a straight up deal either one would not be too bad, if the Bulls do not trade them away.

Straught up for a 2nd round pick....no thanks.

Despot
05-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Is it possible for the Spurs to package Mohammed and Barry for the Bulls number 2?

With that, the Spurs can get their long SF in Adam Morrison, who can shoot and drive to the basket.

While, the Bulls who already have enough young talent...get their center and a championship veteran in Barry to mix with the youth.

Did I miss something? Is Isiah taking over the Bulls?

Leetonidas
05-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Brent Barry is wanted in New Orleans/OKC for Smith. We need to focus on what we know can still happen rather than a pipe dream of taking the #2 pick.

Horry For 3!
05-23-2006, 09:04 PM
Morrison doesn't play any D, he is a scorer but he can't score that well if someone who is bigger than him is on him or a physical type of player

Despot
05-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Brent Barry is wanted in New Orleans/OKC for Smith. We need to focus on what we know can still happen rather than a pipe dream of taking the #2 pick.

I'm not sold on the fact that that will happen. I'd would love it though. The problem is that the cover has been blown, everyone is aware of what Smith could have been had for, and NO will get several offers.

T Park
05-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Adam Morrison = Dennis Hopson

pussyface
05-23-2006, 09:16 PM
JR Smith for Barry? This is wishful thinking at its best. If the New Orleans GM made that move it would be the biggest injustice perpetrated on an embattled people since "brownie your doing a heck of a job."

Despot
05-23-2006, 09:31 PM
JR Smith for Barry? This is wishful thinking at its best. If the New Orleans GM made that move it would be the biggest injustice perpetrated on an embattled people since "brownie your doing a heck of a job."

ummm....If it had not been for a funeral, it would have happened. Trade deadline ring a bell?

Spurologist
05-23-2006, 09:54 PM

:tu Spurologist approves this message

That would be interesting.
Bulls would then be lock for top 3 in the east with a legit shot to get to the finals.

TDMVPDPOY
05-23-2006, 09:56 PM
wtf would the spur draft morrison when they are lookin for a replacement for bowen, that dude does he play defense?

Tigole Bitties
05-24-2006, 01:18 PM
No kidding. They should use their second round pick on PJ Tucker.

rayray2k8
05-24-2006, 01:21 PM
Reeeeally??
Interesting.

degenerate_gambler
05-24-2006, 01:21 PM
wtf would the spur draft morrison when they are lookin for a replacement for bowen, that dude does he play defense?

No.

But he can sure cry with the best of 'em.

ArlingtonSpursFan
05-24-2006, 01:25 PM
Can the Spurs convince the Bulls to do a sign-and-trade with the Spurs sending Nazr Mohammed and the rights to Luis Scola for Tyson Chandler and Darius Songalia?

CosmicCowboy
05-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Can the Spurs convince the Bulls to do a sign-and-trade with the Spurs sending Nazr Mohammed and the rights to Luis Scola for Tyson Chandler and Darius Songalia?

:lmao

Lets just ignore the fact that the numbers don't even come close to matching...

Bulls would love to get rid of Chandlers contract but if you think the Spurs would take on his 6 year 64 million contract you are on drugs.

SenorSpur
05-24-2006, 01:44 PM
Morrison isn't exactly the quickest, and doesn't exactly rebound.

Plus, the Bulls would never give up a #2 pick like that.

Morrison also doesn't play any D to speak of. Forget him. The Spurs should try and pry away Luol Deng or Tyson Chandler from the Bulls ina potential Mohammed S/T scenario.

CosmicCowboy
05-24-2006, 01:50 PM

The Bulls would be absolutely crazy to tie up future cap space by doing that trade. They have a bunch of great young talent that is just starting to learn how to play together. Add LaMarcus Aldridge to the frontline from the draft this year @ #2, plus pick #16, then they still have New Yorks next year first round pick from the Curry trade...

Bulls could be a top 3 in the East starting next year without making ANY moves...with an incredibly bright future...

MoSpur
05-24-2006, 02:03 PM
The Bulls would be absolutely crazy to tie up future cap space by doing that trade. They have a bunch of great young talent that is just starting to learn how to play together. Add LaMarcus Aldridge to the frontline from the draft this year @ #2, plus pick #16, then they still have New Yorks next year first round pick from the Curry trade...

Bulls could be a top 3 in the East starting next year without making ANY moves...with an incredibly bright future...

I agree with this take somewhat. Taking on KG is good for a lot of teams, but when you have a chance at talking Aldridge, you do it. He isn't going to cost you that much. KG has a huge contract. Plus you'd have to give up a lot to get him.

The Bulls should continue to work with what they have and pick someone really good with that #2 pick.

TDMVPDPOY
05-24-2006, 02:03 PM
the bulls are shippin duhorn, lets take him for barry

Leetonidas
05-24-2006, 02:05 PM
Would they be interested in Scola's rights?

strangeweather
05-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Would they be interested in Scola's rights?

Since he can score, Scola might be a nice complement to Chandler, but I doubt he's worth anywhere close to the #2 pick.

MoSpur
05-24-2006, 02:07 PM
Just curious as to why there are a lot here who want to trade Scola's rights? A couple of seasons back there were many who were all over this guy.

Leetonidas
05-24-2006, 02:08 PM
Just curious as to why there are a lot here who want to trade Scola's rights? A couple of seasons back there were many who were all over this guy.

It would be great to have him and I would be fine if we did, but he's not exactly what we need.

spur219
05-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Hell no. But I want the Bulls to workout a sign and trade that will send Mohammed to the Bulls in exchange for Tyson Chandler. The Bulls I think will use their pick to draft Tyrus Thomas anyway.

A healthy Chandler will be helpful for the Spurs. He is a great defender and can guard players like Nowitzki. He is versatile and if the Spurs need to run and gun he can do that. A player like him would of been very helpful for the Spurs in this past series

TDMVPDPOY
05-24-2006, 02:28 PM
scola for nacioni :D

CosmicCowboy
05-24-2006, 02:43 PM
Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I think all you guys talking about trading Scolas right for existing NBA players are missing something...as far as I know you can only do that if you are under the cap...and Spurs aren't...

strangeweather
05-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I think all you guys talking about trading Scolas right for existing NBA players are missing something...as far as I know you can only do that if you are under the cap...and Spurs aren't...

My understanding is that we could still do it if

(1) the other team is under the cap, or
(2) we also include cap filler

Also, is signing him to an agreed figure before trading him for a comparable amount an option?

El_Mago
05-24-2006, 02:52 PM
Apparently, the Bulls picks are not good enough to get the attention of the Wolves. They don't feel there is a superstar in this years draft, and the only superstar they would even consider is Kobe or LeBron.

So, do the Bulls get only younger and just try to grab Nazr with their cap room, since they don't need to use the MLE? Do we sign and trade Nazr for the Bulls 2nd 1st rounder?

Kori Ellis
05-24-2006, 02:57 PM
Apparently, the Bulls picks are not good enough to get the attention of the Wolves. They don't feel there is a superstar in this years draft, and the only superstar they would even consider is Kobe or LeBron.

Where did you hear that?

CosmicCowboy
05-24-2006, 02:58 PM

So, do the Bulls get only younger and just try to grab Nazr with their cap room, since they don't need to use the MLE? Do we sign and trade Nazr for the Bulls 2nd 1st rounder?

Nazr would be an awful use of the Bulls cap space. They have a lot of rookie contracts ending in the next two years...Nocione and Hinrich in '07 and Gordon, Deng, and Duhon in '08. They will want to resign as many as possible. Bulls are not known for paying lux tax so I don't see the being even remotely interested in the longer contract Nazr will be looking for.

El_Mago
05-24-2006, 03:05 PM
It's in the papers, Kori.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/rozner.asp?id=192451

I don't know what connections this guy has or how credible he is, but Minnesota has been content in saying that they will keep KG

I don't think Minnesota trades KG, unless KG demands the trade, which some people think he has too much pride to do that and others think he is near that breaking point where he will....

baseline bum
05-24-2006, 03:16 PM

Let's save Nazr and Brent to package for Greg Oden next year instead.

T-Pain
05-24-2006, 03:54 PM
the bulls are shippin duhorn, lets take him for barry
:tu