PDA

View Full Version : did pistons forget their d tonight

ducks
05-23-2006, 09:24 PM
:madrun

bdubya
05-23-2006, 09:54 PM
No; they shot 38% and lost by 5. They just forgot where the basket was. Bummer, but that's why they were fools to slack off against Cleveland; tired legs = lousy shooting, and Miami was well-rested and well-coached enough to take advantage and compound the problem. The Heat role players showed up, which was suprising, and Riley had the team very well-prepared, which was no surprise at all.

Oh, no, now we gotta win at least one in Miami. However on earth shall we EVER do THAT? :eyebrows

T.F. Storm
05-23-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm not worried. If they lose Game 2 I'll be worried, but right now...I'm not worried.

6 days off for the Heat who cruised through NJN, Pistons just 2 days off of a grueling 7 game series....Losing by 5 is nothing. We SHOULD have won this game, but I have alot of faith in my Pistons.

dieman8686
05-23-2006, 09:58 PM
What happened to the team that will wake up his monster after dealing with the Cavs? People saying they would OWN the Mavs and sweep them, yet they can't take care of business once more...tell me when they wake up please!!

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-23-2006, 10:01 PM
What happened to the team that will wake up his monster after dealing with the Cavs? People saying they would OWN the Mavs and sweep them, yet they can't take care of business once more...tell me when they wake up please!!

Saying they would or wouldn't own the Mavs is pure conjecture...

DDS4
05-23-2006, 10:05 PM
The Pistons were missing open looks all over the place. A little spent from the Cavs sereis. No D, No O.

I look for them to bounce back in game 2.

E20
05-23-2006, 10:07 PM
I wouldn't count out the Pistons just after 1 Game. :lol

They'll be sure to bounce back. Great teams have stretches where they can't shoot for shit all the time.

Pistons < Spurs
05-23-2006, 10:08 PM

Miami scares me much more the Dallas does to be honest. But hopefully we'll both advance and get to find out!

T.F. Storm
05-23-2006, 10:09 PM
I wouldn't count out the Pistons just after 1 Game. :lol

They'll be sure to bounce back. Great teams have stretches where they can't shoot for shit all the time.
Yeah, they were just tired and the Heat were rested and ready to shoot. Just like others have said, Tired = Jumpshots don't fall. Rested = Fresh legs, jumpers fall.

Losing by 5 under the circumstances isn't really all that bad, considering how crappy we played.

Shaolin-Style
05-23-2006, 10:11 PM
If the pistons get down 3-2 to miami I wouldn't bet any money on them comin back like everyone did against the cavs.

I've picked miami to win it all personally now that the spurs are gone :(

GoSpurs90899
05-23-2006, 10:12 PM
The pistons are going to lose until they stop thinking that all they have to do is show up and they will win. Where is the intensity? Even their crowd wasnt into it. Even the MJ bulls took their opponents seriously, and despite the all star farce, they aint no MJ bulls.

RON ARTEST
05-23-2006, 10:20 PM
The pistons are going to lose until they stop thinking that all they have to do is show up and they will win. Where is the intensity? Even their crowd wasnt into it. Even the MJ bulls took their opponents seriously, and despite the all star farce, they aint no MJ bulls.
yeah they think they are gods gift to basketball. they are a great team but they arent as good as they think.

ducks
05-23-2006, 10:22 PM
heat shot very well all game
tired legs from detroit
pistons shot very poorly and got beat by a whole 5 points
if I am heat I am scared

wade and payton could not miss and they still only won by 5

JamStone
05-23-2006, 10:28 PM
After the first quarter, the Pistons were pretty good at the defensive end. Miami was very fresh and very sharp at the beginning of the game.

Pistons defense showed up for most of the rest of the game after the first quarter.

No excuses. Miami was much, much better tonight. Pistons couldn't even capitalize when Wade and Shaq got into foul trouble and went to the bench.

Have to play much better to beat a very good team.

GoSpurs90899
05-23-2006, 10:33 PM
Miami didnt play that great a game I thought. Shaq and D-Wade each had a bunch of turnovers while the pistons had 5 total. All in all, both teams could do better, but the pistons need to shoot more than 30%. Unlike the 1 man cavs and bucks, they're not going to be able to win on defense alone while shooting atrociously.

nkdlunch
05-23-2006, 10:54 PM
I'm not worried. If they lose Game 2 I'll be worried, but right now...I'm not worried.

yeah, that's what we said when Dallas beat us in game 2.

sorry but Pistons better bring their A game and then some 'cause it's not looking good.

Fucking pisses me off, cause I hate the Heat. I'm done watching NBA this season. but secretly I'll still root for the Pistons. It's the team I less hate out of the remaining top 3.

go pistons!!!!!

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-23-2006, 11:00 PM
heat shot very well all game
tired legs from detroit
pistons shot very poorly and got beat by a whole 5 points
if I am heat I am scared

wade and payton could not miss and they still only won by 5

if im detroit, im scared coz the refs took Wade (and Shaq in the 1st half) out of the game and they still lost
:smokin

i remember alot of people at Spurstalk rubbishing heat fans coz of the moves the team made to get walker, payton, posey etc.......

all of a sudden they are in the ECF with homecourt and the Spurs are fishing :lol

SpurForLife
05-23-2006, 11:09 PM
if im detroit, im scared coz the refs took Wade (and Shaq in the 1st half) out of the game and they still lost
:smokin

i remember alot of people at Spurstalk rubbishing heat fans coz of the moves the team made to get walker, payton, posey etc.......

all of a sudden they are in the ECF with homecourt and the Spurs are fishing :lol

I agree with that part. Regardless, should be a great series.

JamStone
05-23-2006, 11:13 PM
yeah, that's what we said when Dallas beat us in game 2.

sorry but Pistons better bring their A game and then some 'cause it's not looking good.

True, but every series will unfold its own way.

The Heat lost the first game in round 2 against the Nets pretty convincingly, and they went on to win the next four games.

Sure, it was disheartening to lose a game in which Wade and Shaq were saddled with foul trouble.

It was also somewhat encouraging that the Pistons were able to keep it close for much of the game despite the Heat shooting so well and the Pistons shooting so poorly.

The series has started as the Heat stole the homecourt advantage.

Time for the Pistons to knuckle down and start playing better.

mike detroit
05-23-2006, 11:21 PM
Pistons played quite good d on many occasions in this one. their offense, however, was pitiful. credit where credit's due, the heat played great perimeter d on this one. Pistons seemed exhausted, lots of shots hitting the front of the rim(or worse). still, no excuses, we got outplayed. Just got to pick it up on thursday.

ducks
05-23-2006, 11:22 PM
pistons by 15 next game WATCH

FreshPrince22
05-23-2006, 11:39 PM
The part the pisses me off most is the first 5-10 minutes of these games. Guys are just walking into the lane for uncontested layups. One after another. This whole team just plays "ehh.. We've got 3 quarters to come back" defense for the first quarter.

You would think after the Cavs series that they would learn to play every quarter like a must win in the playoffs. Though, I guess they'll never learn. '03 against the Magic. '04 against the Nets. '05 against the Spurs (bit them in the ass that time). Then the Cavs series. Now they're doing it again.

And the fact that they're playing on tired legs just compounds the problem. Usually they could stick in the game with good outside shooting, and get away with it. Not anymore.

If this team goes out like a bunch of punks, I hope Chauncey is the first guy to see the door. His lazy-ass attitude is killing this team on both ends of the floor.

mike detroit
05-23-2006, 11:41 PM
The part the pisses me off most is the first 5-10 minutes of these games. Guys are just walking into the lane for uncontested layups. One after another. This whole team just plays "ehh.. We've got 3 quarters to come back" defense for the first quarter.

You would think after the Cavs series that they would learn to play every quarter like a must win in the playoffs. Though, I guess they'll never learn. '03 against the Magic. '04 against the Nets. '05 against the Spurs (bit them in the ass that time). Then the Cavs series. Now they're doing it again.

And the fact that they're playing on tired legs just compounds the problem. Usually they could stick in the game with good outside shooting, and get away with it. Not anymore.

If I was flip, i wouldn't even practice them tommorow. let them rest, or at most have just a full on shooting clinic. this schedule makes it tough to catch up on a fatigue issue.

Bob Lanier
05-23-2006, 11:44 PM
shooting clinic.
:tu

mike detroit
05-23-2006, 11:47 PM
:tu

even that though, the way their shots were missing indicated fatigue. every thing was short. one play in particular, chauncey jacked up a three that looked like he was tossing a shot put. I'm not sure that anything but rest is really what they need.

Budkin
05-24-2006, 12:09 AM
Pistons will win this series without a doubt. They are a much better team than Miami.

DarkReign
05-24-2006, 09:41 AM
Bah, they were sooooo tired in the first half, it was obvious. Miami was ready to rock and they did.

DWade will not shoot like this all series. Nor will he be in the foul trouble he was.

Shaq will be Shaq. 25-10, 5 fouls.

GP will not shoot the lights out like he did. Nor will White Chocolate or whatever-the-fuck-that-supid-whiteboy-calls-himself.

All in all, the Pistons sucke major ass and lost by 5. Who is sweating?

tlongII
05-24-2006, 09:50 AM
Bah, they were sooooo tired in the first half, it was obvious. Miami was ready to rock and they did.

DWade will not shoot like this all series. Nor will he be in the foul trouble he was.

Shaq will be Shaq. 25-10, 5 fouls.

GP will not shoot the lights out like he did. Nor will White Chocolate or whatever-the-fuck-that-supid-whiteboy-calls-himself.

All in all, the Pistons sucke major ass and lost by 5. Who is sweating?

You should be. Detroit definitely is not playing with an edge like the last couple of years. I believe Miami will win this series relatively easily.

Vizzini
05-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Game two winner = series winner

plain and simple.

MadDog73
05-24-2006, 10:39 AM
Game two winner = series winner

plain and simple.

No, Heat can lose Game 2 and still win series.

Pistons won't have advantage again until they win in Miami.