PDA

View Full Version : What are you expecting from our Euro guys?

SsKSpurs21
05-23-2006, 09:35 PM
not all of them can be the next manu. so i ask, what are you expecting from luis scola, viktor sanikadze and robertas javtokas?

from javtokas iam expecting a big man who can bang downlow and isnt afraid to muscle his way to a rebound or a putback.

from sanikadze iam looking for a LONG SF hopefully someone who can take bowens spot.

from scola, iam looking for an energizer. someone like malik who isnt afraid to bang down low and is capable of scoring.

Despot
05-23-2006, 09:36 PM
Role players for the first two years, anything above that is icing on the cake

SsKSpurs21
05-23-2006, 09:39 PM
that is a fair assessment. see the problem i see from most people is that we are really emotional right now and we might be expecting too much from these guys and are basing alot from what we hear. i just dont want to get my hopes up and have these guys not produce to what we expect and be let down.

exstatic
05-23-2006, 09:39 PM
Mahinmi will be real good eventually, Javtokas will block shots and rebound, Sanikidze could be AK47 reloaded.

SsKSpurs21
05-23-2006, 09:41 PM
wow sanikidze an AK47 type player would be crazy. i really hope he can reach that potential.

Spurologist
05-23-2006, 09:42 PM
Javtokas should be priority number one. We need a tough banger inside. I am hoping for a bit more domanation than Oberto provided. That's not asking much.

Despot
05-23-2006, 09:52 PM
And don't get me wrong, Compared to the rest of the NBA, we are at the top when you evaluate the prospects the Spurs own the rights to. it's just extremely hard to predict how their game will translate to the NBA.

strangeweather
05-23-2006, 09:52 PM
I am hoping for a bit more domanation than Oberto provided. That's not asking much.

You're right. That's certainly not asking much. :lol

TDMVPDPOY
05-23-2006, 09:57 PM
if javtokas starts 5ppg 10rpg is good enough, any higher is a bonus

Despot
05-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Javtokas should be priority number one. We need a tough banger inside. I am hoping for a bit more domanation than Oberto provided. That's not asking much.

Personally I loved the way Oberto played when he got the time, he goofed up a bit, but showed quite a few flashes. I'm not ready to give up on him yet. It's not his fault that the media and fans expected him to be starting within the first two weeks of the season. Those are pretty high expectations for a 30 year old rookie in the NBA, much less on a team contending for a title.

strangeweather
05-23-2006, 10:04 PM
Personally I loved the way Oberto played when he got the time, he goofed up a bit, but showed quite a few flashes. I'm not ready to give up on him yet. It's not his fault that the media and fans expected him to be starting within the first two weeks of the season. Those are pretty high expectations for a 30 year old rookie in the NBA, much less on a team contending for a title.

I don't want to give up on him -- I think his second season has potential to improve quite a bit on his first. But he didn't exactly spend a lot of time "dominating" this year.

jamezyjamez
05-23-2006, 10:06 PM
I don't want to give up on him -- I think his second season has potential to improve quite a bit on his first. But he didn't exactly spend a lot of time "dominating" this year.

His beef jerkey is dominating the market though.

SsKSpurs21
05-23-2006, 10:07 PM
it's just extremely hard to predict how their game will translate to the NBA.

i understand. noone expected manu to be the player he is. BUT there was some hype around manu before he came when he led argentina to beat the US team in the 2002 world championships. there is also alot of hype around scola. will that translate into another allstar player, who knows?

Spurologist
05-23-2006, 10:07 PM

Those flashes were great. He played good D and got some good put backs on occasion but I was hoping he'd be a regular part of the rotation. Maybe if he played better during the regular season, he could have seen time against Dirk in the series. He will definately be back next year. TP should relieve some of Chip's services to Oberto. Oberto is building brick houses out there on the court. Funny thing is I saw a practice video of him where he made like 5 or 6 threes in a row. Go figure. The experience has helped him. He just needs to provide more for next year.

Despot
05-23-2006, 10:08 PM
But he didn't exactly spend a lot of time "dominating" this year.

:lol I figured that was understood.

ducks
05-23-2006, 10:09 PM
could careless where they are from as long as they can bail
can be from nigeria who give a rats ass

T Park
05-23-2006, 10:09 PM
Oberto is not an NBA player.

Simple truth.

Javtokas and Sanikidze? While Im VERY excited, VERY, I hope they don't rely JUST ON THESE GUYS.

Scola? Im on the fence on him, if he comes great, if they trade his rights, whatever.

Get what you need, in whatever way possible.

Trade Barry, trade Udrih, trade Mohammed.

Whatever, don't care, just get it done.

jamezyjamez
05-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Forecast for the Euros is mostly hairy with scattered flopping.

Tobias
05-23-2006, 10:16 PM
Mahinmi can be great.

Id really hope Sanikidze is good and even ready next season (but I doubt the later).

Scola too expensive ='(

Javtokas, Malik Rose redux.

Karaulov, we can probly trick someone in a trade that hes someone really good :lol

BgT
05-23-2006, 10:24 PM
I don't expect anything from these guys, they will be somewhere around Fabricio. Except Scola. He is the only one that could bring something valuable to our team. Could bring.

SequSpur
05-23-2006, 10:39 PM
Cotton Candy Sellers.

Buddy Holly
05-23-2006, 10:48 PM
Scola too expensive ='(

Huh?

Javtokas, Malik Rose redux.

What?

ducks
05-23-2006, 10:51 PM
if scola was the full mle
he is to expenisve PERIOD

kobyz
05-24-2006, 12:39 AM
i think scola and duncan on front can be a excellent combination in the offensive side, scola is the best big man in euro, he is excellent scorer and rebounder, i really think that they can be graet together.

velik_m
05-24-2006, 12:59 AM
i expect them to be decent bench players.

intlspurshk
05-24-2006, 04:57 AM
I only have high hope on Ian. All the others are question mark to me. I have no doubt that they are good players but NBA is different from Euro game.

Nevertheless, I am interested in Karaulov. No one talks about him despite playing summer game. He is a raw 7 ft center. He should attract some hype, indeed