PDA

View Full Version : Heat Vs Mavs In Finals

ducks
05-23-2006, 10:18 PM
WOULD SUCK :depressed :depressed

RON ARTEST
05-23-2006, 10:21 PM
why would it suck? that would be an exciting series. or are you saying that because you dont like those teams?

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-23-2006, 10:22 PM
I don't think Miami has the overall team speed or athleticism to kepp up with the Mavs...

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-23-2006, 10:23 PM
why would it suck? that would be an exciting series. or are you saying that because you dont like those teams?

its coz they cant let go of the fact that last years finalists wont be there again :lol

its time for a change, some exciting bball

ducks
05-23-2006, 10:25 PM
shaq lowers his shoulder and should foul out in 5 minutes
cuban does not deserve a title because he acts like a baby
sorry dirk you do

RON ARTEST
05-23-2006, 10:28 PM
its coz they cant let go of the fact that last years finalists wont be there again :lol

its time for a change, some exciting bball
yeah i dont think i could take another pistons spurs finals. :vomit: the final scores would be something like 71-64. god that would have been boring. :lol

RON ARTEST
05-23-2006, 10:29 PM
I don't think Miami has the overall team speed or athleticism to kepp up with the Mavs...
i dont think so either. we saw what ben gordan and kirk did to them. :lol imagine what terry and harris would do against them.

Bob Lanier
05-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Dallas has the single ugliest offense in the NBA, and Miami's (or any team featuring O'Neal) isn't far behind.

But that series would be over pretty quickly in the Mavs' favor.

GoSpurs90899
05-23-2006, 10:40 PM
Barkely is going to kill himself if that happens, cuz either nowitzki or antoine walker would win a championship.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Barkely is going to kill himself if that happens, cuz either nowitzki or antoine walker would win a championship.

good, its something he never could do. He is a fool :lol

Mavtek
05-23-2006, 11:10 PM
Dallas has the single ugliest offense in the NBA, and Miami's (or any team featuring O'Neal) isn't far behind.

But that series would be over pretty quickly in the Mavs' favor.

Interesting Dallas' ugly offense posted 119 points on the Spurs in game 7 where as Detroit's pretty offense posted 74 on the Exchamps in game 7 of the Finals.

Wait a minute, what were you saying?

JHoLove
05-23-2006, 11:29 PM
That would be one of the most boring finals ever. Mostly because Miami matches up horribly against Dallas. And, I think it would be a quick series.

mike detroit
05-23-2006, 11:35 PM
Interesting Dallas' ugly offense posted 119 points on the Spurs in game 7 where as Detroit's pretty offense posted 74 on the Exchamps in game 7 of the Finals.

he said ugly, not low scoring. they're not the same thing. look at phoenix, they score like crazy, and watching them play is a step below getting a root canal.

Bob Lanier
05-23-2006, 11:38 PM

I didn't say your offense doesn't put up points. Your offense is effective, and efficient. That doesn't mean it's fun to watch. I don't think 48 minutes of perimeter isolation plays, weaves, that one damn screen/roll the Mavs run to death, and/or parades to the free throw line are particularly entertaining.

Fifteen assists on 42 buckets and 119 points? Beautiful. The sixth-fewest APG over a single season in the last 40 years? How fluid. Seventy combined free throw attempts in a game? Almost enthralling enough to make me stop watching the game and try to figure out what Cuban really said about the Riverwalk.

mike detroit
05-23-2006, 11:45 PM
I know I already posted here, but on second thought, anything we say will sound like sour grapes after tonights(admittedly dissapointing) game. so let's just let them have their fun.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-24-2006, 12:06 AM
he said ugly, not low scoring. they're not the same thing. look at phoenix, they score like crazy, and watching them play is a step below getting a root canal.

if u dont enjoy watching the Suns play, its no wonder you are a Pistons fan :hat

run and gun sure beats the heck out of a slow, bogged down defensive game

Mavtek
05-24-2006, 12:10 AM
I didn't say your offense doesn't put up points. Your offense is effective, and efficient. That doesn't mean it's fun to watch. I don't think 48 minutes of perimeter isolation plays, weaves, that one damn screen/roll the Mavs run to death, and/or parades to the free throw line are particularly entertaining.

Fifteen assists on 42 buckets and 119 points? Beautiful. The sixth-fewest APG over a single season in the last 40 years? How fluid. Seventy combined free throw attempts in a game? Almost enthralling enough to make me stop watching the game and try to figure out what Cuban really said about the Riverwalk.

Just because we don't get the most assists in a game doesn't mean we don't have a pretty offense. I guess we all have our opinions, but the reason why we don't have that many assists is because we depend on our guards to both handle the ball and score, we depend on our forwards to do the same, it's just unique that's all. A testament to our unique talent.

samikeyp
05-24-2006, 12:15 AM
It wouldn't suck for Mav fan...they would win that series.

whottt
05-24-2006, 12:27 AM
I don't think Dallas can beat Miami...Shaq will flat out destroy them.

But if these two teams should meet...

Go fucking Mavs Go.

I will never root for Shaquille O'Neal to win anything.

DDS4
05-24-2006, 12:42 AM
Hey! Maybe Pat Riley will sit down Shaq and go for small ball.

whottt
05-24-2006, 12:47 AM
Pat Riley will bust out thugball, Knicks style circa 1995....Mavs won't be able to handle it.

MANU GINOBALKI
05-24-2006, 12:56 AM

NO DOUBT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MANU GINOBALKI
05-24-2006, 12:59 AM
I don't think Dallas can beat Miami...Shaq will flat out destroy them.

But if these two teams should meet...

Go fucking Mavs Go.

I will never root for Shaquille O'Neal to win anything.

Dallas would win that series. But the Pistons are beating Miami so it doesn't matter.

What I want to know is how could anybody root for Shaq???? (Especially Spurs fans)

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-24-2006, 04:09 AM
I think it'd be would be cool to see Wade at the Finals start balling and kill the Mavs...but I don't like the Heat this year..Not when they got Walker, Williams on that team...Ugly stupid ball. Chuck up shots, no brains...bleh....

Detroit can beat Miami...

Miami has Wade and Shaq combo to possibly upset Detroit...

If Miami wins... SUNS ALL THE WAY...that'd be hella exciting

But Detroit needs to keep the championship warm for the Spurs.

Darrin
05-24-2006, 05:02 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/pacers/rmiller2_295_040522.jpg
May 22, 2004

Jeff Foster did a handful of little things before Reggie Miller made another big shot.

Miller added another clip to his postseason highlight film, drilling a tiebreaking 3-pointer with 31 seconds left that gave the Indiana Pacers a 78-74 victory over the Detroit Pistons in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals.

Miller's clutch shot - his only basket of the game - was set up by a pick from Foster, a 6-11 center whose contributions down the stretch were not as obvious but just as important.

Foster spent most of the contest fighting a losing battle with Ben Wallace and was scoreless until getting loose for a driving layup that pulled the Pacers into a 74-74 tie with 1:23 to go.

"The series could hinge on the little things," Foster said. "Rick talked to us about that - rebounding, getting on the floor for loose balls. Stuff like that is what is going to win games."

"Foster was big for us, hitting the layup and then getting the offensive rebound on the next play," Miller said.

On Indiana's next possession, Jermaine O'Neal missed a jumper, but Foster leaped to tip it back to O'Neal. The Pacers reset their offense, and Foster set a hard screen on Richard Hamilton that freed Miller for a 3-pointer from the right wing.

"I told Jeff, 'Just put a body on Rip (Hamilton),'" Miller said. "I just need half a second of daylight."

http://www.palacenet.com/images/online/trophy_400_040601.jpg

Remember that 'Heart of a Champion?' There are seven players in the Conference Finals with an NBA Championship ring. Six of them are on the Detroit Pistons' roster (Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Tayshaun Prince, Rip Hamilton, Chauncey Billups, and Lindsey Hunter).

Until they're dead, don't count them out.

pache100
05-24-2006, 08:03 AM

http://i4.tinypic.com/10idjmg.gif

I want Phoenix to win the West. If the Mavs do somehow fool around and win it, I will enjoy so much seeing them hit the BUZZ SAW in Detroit. :lol I will get such a kick out of seeing dallas introduced to some REAL LIFE DEFENSE that will cut their stupid little running game right out from under them.

Texas_Ranger
05-24-2006, 08:36 AM
DET - PHX, that woul be the best, Offense vs defense

MadDog73
05-24-2006, 08:51 AM
DET - PHX, that woul be the best, Offense vs defense

Bwah-ha-ha. No, Detroit would destroy the Suns. That would be the lamest Finals possible.

I think the best Finals are the ones that go the longest, ie, the Pistons/Spurs last year.

EDIT: Changed my mind:

A Mavs/Heat Final would be the most fun to watch. Mavs have nobody to defend Shaq, but Heat has no one to defend Dirk. Should be fun.

Second wish list: Mavs/Piston final. I don't think the Mavs would be destroyed like many think, I see that going to seven games, with game 7 being anybody's game.

Third: Suns/Heat. I think Heat wins this series in 6.

Fourth: Suns/Pistons. Pistons in 4 or 5.

PaceMonster
05-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Why does everybody keep underestimating the Miami Heat....they just won Game 1 on the road with Wade playing 26 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!Detroit is the most over-rated team in sports....defense my ass....whenever Gary Payton is balling on your point guard(which in this case happens to be about 10 years younger)then you know your defense is horrible....im a very confident fan right now and i kno i will get bashed for saying this but if you guys were all Heat fans you would understand....Shaq also played 29 minutes....this is a good prediction of the score if Wade had played his normal 40 minutes a game....Pistons 90.....Heat 101....if the Heat take game 2 i would bet on a sweep...no matter how weird it sounds

himat
05-24-2006, 03:20 PM
That wasn't the Pistons. They camn play much better.

Wu banga
05-24-2006, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=MadDog73]

A Mavs/Heat Final would be the most fun to watch. Mavs have nobody to defend Shaq, but Heat has no one to defend Dirk. Should be fun.

QUOTE]

I think posey could do battle with dirk defensively, and you can't get much better defensively at the center postion a combo of diop and damp vs shaq.

Burn531
05-24-2006, 03:45 PM
Why does everybody keep underestimating the Miami Heat....they just won Game 1 on the road with Wade playing 26 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!!Detroit is the most over-rated team in sports....defense my ass....whenever Gary Payton is balling on your point guard(which in this case happens to be about 10 years younger)then you know your defense is horrible....im a very confident fan right now and i kno i will get bashed for saying this but if you guys were all Heat fans you would understand....Shaq also played 29 minutes....this is a good prediction of the score if Wade had played his normal 40 minutes a game....Pistons 90.....Heat 101....if the Heat take game 2 i would bet on a sweep...no matter how weird it sounds

:lol

Darrin
05-24-2006, 04:15 PM

Why are the Heat overlooked? Well, look into the history of your franchise. Homecourt advantage or not, the Miami Heat have yet to beat a 50-win team in the playoffs (when playing at full strength), much less a 60-win team.

1997: Beat Magic (45-37) - 3-2.
1997: Beat Knicks (55-27) - 4-3*.
2000: Beat Pistons (42-40) - 3-0**.
2004: Beat New Orleans (41-41) - 4-3.
2005: Beat New Jersey (42-40) - 4-0.
2005: Beat Washington (45-37) - 4-0.
2006: Beat Chicago (41-41) - 4-0.
2006: Beat New Jersery (49-33) - 4-1.

* - A fight broke out in game 5 (Heat down 3-1) that ended with series-long suspensions for Patrick Ewing, Larry Johnson, and PJ Brown.
** - Grant Hill breaks ankle in Game 2.

They became the 2nd team in NBA history to lose to an 8th seed. They are 0-5 in playoff series they do not have homecourt advantage. They've lost two game 7s on their home floor, they have won exactly 8 playoff series in the 18-year history of the franchise. The Pistons have more playoff series wins in the last 3 years than the Heat have in the time the Palace of Auburn Hills has been open (1988-89 - coincides with the Heat's birth).

Because the Pistons are two-time Conference Champions who have never lost a game seven on their homecourt, have beaten Shaq-led teams in each of the last two playoff runs. They have been down 1-0 in the Conference Finals before and came back (and didn't have homecourt advantage). Because the Heat a 2-1 and 3-2 series lead last season and the Pistons didn't lose the series, and the Heat won a game in the Palace in that series as well.

It's no disrespect, but a two-time Conference Champion with an NBA title, a 4-time Defensive Player of the Year, and 64-win, the most in the NBA since the 1999-00 Champions, they are going to be heavily favored. Respect is earned, and the Heat are going to have to take this from the Pistons before they will get any respect.

Let's not forget what the Heat did in the last round - a 12-point loss that should've been bigger to the New Jersey Nets who came out of that game looking unbeatable. That was the Nets last win of the season, despite playing 4 more games. The Heat are talented and have a legitimate chance to be Conference Champions, but until there are 4 wins, the Pistons aren't out of this thing.

MadDog73
05-24-2006, 04:19 PM
I think posey could do battle with dirk defensively, and you can't get much better defensively at the center postion a combo of diop and damp vs shaq.

Hopefully we'll get to see how this turns out. But I honestly don't see how Diop and Dampier could "defend" Shaq, unless AJ steals hack-a-Shaq from the Mav playbook...

T Park
05-24-2006, 04:47 PM
Id root for a Phoenix Miami series.

Diaw vs Shaq? :lmao

PaceMonster
05-24-2006, 05:07 PM
Why are the Heat overlooked? Well, look into the history of your franchise. Homecourt advantage or not, the Miami Heat have yet to beat a 50-win team in the playoffs (when playing at full strength), much less a 60-win team.

1997: Beat Magic (45-37) - 3-2.
1997: Beat Knicks (55-27) - 4-3*.
2000: Beat Pistons (42-40) - 3-0**.
2004: Beat New Orleans (41-41) - 4-3.
2005: Beat New Jersey (42-40) - 4-0.
2005: Beat Washington (45-37) - 4-0.
2006: Beat Chicago (41-41) - 4-0.
2006: Beat New Jersery (49-33) - 4-1.

* - A fight broke out in game 5 (Heat down 3-1) that ended with series-long suspensions for Patrick Ewing, Larry Johnson, and PJ Brown.
** - Grant Hill breaks ankle in Game 2.

They became the 2nd team in NBA history to lose to an 8th seed. They are 0-5 in playoff series they do not have homecourt advantage. They've lost two game 7s on their home floor, they have won exactly 8 playoff series in the 18-year history of the franchise. The Pistons have more playoff series wins in the last 3 years than the Heat have in the time the Palace of Auburn Hills has been open (1988-89 - coincides with the Heat's birth).

Because the Pistons are two-time Conference Champions who have never lost a game seven on their homecourt, have beaten Shaq-led teams in each of the last two playoff runs. They have been down 1-0 in the Conference Finals before and came back (and didn't have homecourt advantage). Because the Heat a 2-1 and 3-2 series lead last season and the Pistons didn't lose the series, and the Heat won a game in the Palace in that series as well.

It's no disrespect, but a two-time Conference Champion with an NBA title, a 4-time Defensive Player of the Year, and 64-win, the most in the NBA since the 1999-00 Champions, they are going to be heavily favored. Respect is earned, and the Heat are going to have to take this from the Pistons before they will get any respect.

Let's not forget what the Heat did in the last round - a 12-point loss that should've been bigger to the New Jersey Nets who came out of that game looking unbeatable. That was the Nets last win of the season, despite playing 4 more games. The Heat are talented and have a legitimate chance to be Conference Champions, but until there are 4 wins, the Pistons aren't out of this thing.

Keep the subject in this season...lets not look back in history beacuse i also can bring back memories of the pistons being a 20-62 record team...but that doesnt matter to me because it is not in this season....Miami was supposed to lose to the Bulls in 6....they shut all the analysts up when they won that series....also we were supposed to lose in 6 to the nets too.....hmm thats weird because somepeople were also thinking sweep after they won the first one in miami....that ended up being heat in 5....and now with most analysts saying pistons in 5 and how the heat will be lucky to take one at the triple A....they prevail and shut the analysts up again....i think the heat deserve more respect....but its your decision

Darrin
05-24-2006, 05:37 PM
Keep the subject in this season...lets not look back in history beacuse i also can bring back memories of the pistons being a 20-62 record team...but that doesnt matter to me because it is not in this season....Miami was supposed to lose to the Bulls in 6....they shut all the analysts up when they won that series....also we were supposed to lose in 6 to the nets too.....hmm thats weird because somepeople were also thinking sweep after they won the first one in miami....that ended up being heat in 5....and now with most analysts saying pistons in 5 and how the heat will be lucky to take one at the triple A....they prevail and shut the analysts up again....i think the heat deserve more respect....but its your decision

Perceptions aren't formed in one season and the question you asked was about people's perceptions of the team. The Heat may change their roster, but the Pistons haven't and that has to be considered in the Pistons being a known quantity and the Heat are not. The Pistons have a track record winning together, the Heat don't (Seven-game dropoff from last season, mid-season replaced coach, 2-14 in regular season versus top 5 teams in the league, blew a 2-0 series lead to the Bulls).

I'd still argue that if this season were in a vacuum, and you evaluated Payton, Mourning, Shaq, Williams, Wade, Haslem, Walker, and how they played together versus Hunter, McDyess, Ben, Billups, Hamilton, Rasheed, and Prince - I'm certain the Heat don't look like the favorites.

And for what it's worth, I have thought the Heat were the only legitimate threat in the East outside the Pistons. I thought the Heat were going to kill off the Bulls, and it would take effort, but not a lot of games. I was stunned when they went 2-2 in the first 4 games. I thought the Nets and the Heat would go 6 games, but that the Heat would prevail. So I'm not speaking personally from my own beliefs. I was attmepting to give some perspective on the perceived slight of Miami.

PaceMonster
05-25-2006, 07:34 AM
yea i kno i was stunned wen the cavs=pistons went 3-2 in the cavs favor