PDA

View Full Version : You have to admit, Cuban....

texas84
05-23-2006, 11:23 PM
is genious. He causes such a buzz (sometimes good, sometimes bad) with media, the NBA, with other teams, with other teams fans, etc... The old saying is that "any publicity is good publicity" is true with him.

As a Mavs fan, you take the good with the bad. We'd still be a lowly cellar dweller if not for him, and he has created such an atmosphere around this team. If I were an opposing fan, I would hate him, just because he does so much crap that IS MEANT to grate on the other teams nerves.

Every sport needs an owner like him, but thank god not EVERY owner is like him. That would be hell.

I'm sure I'll get bashed by plenty of Spurs fans for saying this, but it's true.

Vashner
05-23-2006, 11:24 PM
BEEP Cuban...

That is all... move along...

ducks
05-23-2006, 11:24 PM
is genious.

no he is not

he did not pay for airline tickets

Despot
05-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Financial and business genius, sure. I liked Cuban until this series, actually I do admire him for his commitment to seeing his team win.

DuncanInYourFace
05-23-2006, 11:26 PM
is genious.

Brilliant

leemajors
05-23-2006, 11:26 PM
if you're talking about broadcasting hdtv over the net, that is genius. the rest, not really. plenty of owners have hired the right people to make moves for them in every sport.

texas84
05-23-2006, 11:27 PM
[QUOTE=texas84]is genious. QUOTE]

Brilliant

whoops! correction... genius. Thanks for being my spell check.

Despot
05-23-2006, 11:28 PM
is genious.

no he is not

he did not pay for airline tickets

The fact that he got credit for that without actually buying them is pretty smart.

milkyway21
05-23-2006, 11:28 PM
:stfu :stfu :stfu :stfu

I don't care!

robb2676
05-23-2006, 11:29 PM
cuban a genius....lol,lol

that guy is a moron..... but he can buy it

texas84
05-23-2006, 11:30 PM
See how much attention a Cuban thread draws? Proof is in the pudding.

Spurologist
05-23-2006, 11:30 PM
My thoughts about Cuban involves gorillas and them gang raping him.

leemajors
05-23-2006, 11:31 PM

so dennis rodman was a genius too?

DuncanInYourFace
05-23-2006, 11:31 PM

Proof that he's a jackass.

ducks
05-23-2006, 11:33 PM
you have to admit cuban acts like a spoiled brat and thinks money can buy him everyone
NOT

Despot
05-23-2006, 11:33 PM

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that our teams were just in an epic series? Or that this is a very popular forum with a lot of traffic? Post this in an Cavs forum and see how much of a response you get.

texas84
05-23-2006, 11:34 PM
so dennis rodman was a genius too?

Yep, he knew how to draw attention... and he knew how to win.

texas84
05-23-2006, 11:36 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that our teams were just in an epic series? Or that this is a very popular forum with a lot of traffic? Post this in an Cavs forum and see how much of a response you get.

How many fans in Cleveland are directly affected by Cuban recently?? None.

How many fans know who Mark Cuban is and his personality?? Most.

texas84
05-23-2006, 11:37 PM
And hello!! Read the original post. I never said Mark was perfect. Some of the things he does I do not agree with.

But as a whole, Cuban is good for the NBA and the Mavs.

ducks
05-23-2006, 11:39 PM
the only think he does that I like is he trades players away all the time
creating NO LOYALTY with his players and it bit him in the dust with nash

Despot
05-23-2006, 11:40 PM

How many fans in Cleveland are directly affected by Cuban recently?? None.

You just proved my point, and negated yours.

Despot
05-23-2006, 11:43 PM
And hello!! Read the original post. I never said Mark was perfect. Some of the things he does I do not agree with.

And read my original post, I gave him credit for being so commited.

texas84
You just proved my point, and negated yours.

Read buddy... read.

NuGGeTs-FaN
Cuban was a smart man to get rid of Finley.........now Finley is fishing, Mavs have moved on and he saves $17mil in tax

i bet Fin is wishing he signed with the heat now lol

texas84
05-23-2006, 11:44 PM
And read my original post, I gave him credit for being so commited.

Wasn't speaking directly to you.

ducks
05-23-2006, 11:47 PM
Cuban was a smart man to get rid of Finley.........now Finley is fishing, Mavs have moved on and he saves $17mil in tax

just maybe he likes texas and did not want to move to miama with their drugs
and just maybe he likes pop and their system and class unlike heat and mavs class

Despot
05-23-2006, 11:48 PM
Read buddy... read.

I did, You contend that Cuban is a genius because he attracts so much attention (which by the way is better known as being a drama queen), yet you say later that NOT ONE Cleveland fan was affected by his shennanigans.

Nbadan
05-23-2006, 11:51 PM

Anytime you pay a player to play for another team, that's not smart.

Cuban has made his share of horrible NBA deals that can attest to his 'genius'.

shelshor
05-23-2006, 11:52 PM

If you like infantile bush league operations

Shank
05-23-2006, 11:53 PM
He makes the Mavs organization look like a bunch of cocks, which they aren't. Sadly, people get the impression that he represents the players and behaves as they would.

ducks
05-23-2006, 11:54 PM
aj is acting more like cuban now then he when he was spur^^^^

milkyway21

But as a whole, Cuban is good for the NBA and the Mavs.Cuban is an embarrassment to the world of Sports esp the NBA. Trying to intimidate the media, players, and almost everyone around the it with his immature comments. He's an immature rich 10-yr old brat in an old man's body.

I'm glad he's not the owner of the team of my favorite player Tim Duncan.

Nbadan
He makes the Mavs organization look like a bunch of cocks, which they aren't. Sadly, people get the impression that he represents the players and behaves as they would.

Avery is the perfect example for his players. Cuban is the anti-Avery.

Shank
aj is acting more like cuban now then he when he was spur^^^^

How so? I don't see it.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-23-2006, 11:55 PM
Anytime you pay a player to play for another team, that's not smart.

he didnt make the rule up that allowed people to be waived. Its not a bad choice when you save $17 mil and when you know the player in question wont be anything more than an old role player who wont make a huge difference to the team.

Cuban didnt know he would goto the Spurs but in the end it didnt matter, he saved money and Fin moved on.

I think it was a good chance to move Fin and save money while he could, other young players are benefiting from it as well which is better for them rather than having old guys take the PT away

Solid D
05-23-2006, 11:56 PM
Cuban loves attention...however, he's a fan first when it comes to the Mavericks. He was on the 1310 the Ticket in Dallas today being interviewed by Norm Hitzges and Mark was still going off on Tim Duncan and his fouling technique of trying to knock the arms off when he makes his post moves. He's an intense fan, first and foremost.

ata
05-24-2006, 12:00 AM
is genious. He causes such a buzz (sometimes good, sometimes bad) with media, the NBA, with other teams, with other teams fans, etc... The old saying is that "any publicity is good publicity" is true with him.

two words: Paris Hilton

milkyway21
05-24-2006, 12:10 AM
he didnt make the rule up that allowed people to be waived. Its not a bad choice when you save $17 mil and when you know the player in question wont be anything more than an old role player who wont make a huge difference to the team.

Cuban didnt know he would goto the Spurs but in the end it didnt matter, he saved money and Fin moved on.

I think it was a good chance to move Fin and save money while he could, other young players are benefiting from it as well which is better for them rather than having old guys take the PT awayFinley paid the salary the Spurs paid him playing for the team. Every penny of it. He didn't miss a game or two, didn't complain if he started or benched and from what I read a good locker room personality with his new teammates with Cuban paying most of his salary.

only the team fell short from winning it all.

But it was not a mistake signing him. He was cheap. And contributed something for us winning 63 this season with Duncan dealing his PF,& Manu missing a lot of games due to injury.

BTW, you talk as if the Mavs are winners already. It's still a looooooong way for them right now.

Melmart1
05-24-2006, 12:21 AM
I don't understand why Mavs fans are still here a day later seeking validation. Does it matter if we think he is a genius or not? Who cares? You won! Be happy. As a Spurs fan, I could care less what fans of other teams think of the Spurs. But maybe that is just me.

Louie Vega
05-24-2006, 01:35 AM

Look at this butt nuggets fan talking shit about a team that beat their ass in the playoffs last year. You have absolutely no room to talk shit. The butt nuggets were completely taken apart by the Clippers!!! The Clippers !!!! LOL !!
Your team was beaten so severely that now Stuttering Kenyon Martin wants out and Keke's ass is on his way out too. This is the same team that wanted Manu badly. Remember this asshole. Karl is a Spur.

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-24-2006, 01:41 AM
You have to admit, Cuban....

...is a cockface.

Louie Vega
05-24-2006, 01:42 AM
....is a crossdresser.

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-24-2006, 01:43 AM
....is a douchebag, this one goes without saying, but had to be said

ShoogarBear
05-24-2006, 07:43 AM
My thoughts about Cuban involves gorillas and them gang raping him.
Cuban? Been there, done that.

pache100
05-24-2006, 07:53 AM
You have to admit, Cuban is genious...I'm sure I'll get bashed by plenty of Spurs fans for saying this, but it's true.

He is a business genius. He is a personal asshole. He has no business on the court with a professional basketball team; he should show some class and dignity and stay the hell in his seat. He has no business running to the league and the media every time he gets a bad taste in his mouth or has gas. He needs to grow up, get a life (and quite living vicariously through grown men trying to do their jobs), get over himself and :stfu . And those who think he's cute or a "genius" need to do the same.

strangeweather
05-24-2006, 08:55 AM
two words: Paris Hilton

:lmao

Mark Cuban is so the NBA's answer to Paris Hilton. But please, God, don't ever let there be a sex tape. :vomit:

DarrinS
05-24-2006, 09:17 AM
Children use the same technique as Mark Cuban. When adults won't pay attention to them, they "act out" in some negative way. They figure, negative attention is better than nothing.

Same thing with Mark Cuban. He goes around pissing people off so they'll listen to him. He seems like someone who's DYING for attention -- even writing some stupid blog that he believes people want to read.

Hopefully, he doesn't create legions of Mavs haters.

klonoa
05-24-2006, 09:39 AM
He is a business genius. He is a personal asshole. He has no business on the court with a professional basketball team; he should show some class and dignity and stay the hell in his seat. He has no business running to the league and the media every time he gets a bad taste in his mouth or has gas. He needs to grow up, get a life (and quite living vicariously through grown men trying to do their jobs), get over himself and :stfu . And those who think he's cute or a "genius" need to do the same.

:lol

exstatic
05-24-2006, 06:46 PM
Is an asshole? Yes, I'll agree to that.

Actually, he's more of a child than anything else. He thinks you can treat people like shit to make headlines, and then send someone to apologize to them and everything is okey dokey.

SenorSpur
05-24-2006, 06:52 PM

...and you're probably wishing Kenyon Martin was in New Jersey.....lol

Jules
05-24-2006, 06:59 PM
Cuban's like an obese woman in spandex… you don’t want to see it, but you can't help looking.

jmard5
05-24-2006, 07:03 PM
It was situational. Just maybe, if the Spurs won against the Mavs then people will say it was a bad decision getting rid of Finley. Now that the Spurs lost, then people say that it was good that Cuban got rid of Finley.

Considering that it was a close series, people's opinions are usually based on the outcome.

About Cuban? His passion for the game is way out of bounds.

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-24-2006, 07:05 PM

....is a ginormous douche

strangeweather
05-24-2006, 07:07 PM
About Cuban? His passion for the game is way out of bounds.

His passion for the game? More like his passion for making the game all about him.

EVAY
05-24-2006, 07:07 PM
Cuban is a smart businenssman. He is a dreadful human being. His business success in no way translates to him being competent in any other aspect of hislife, including basketball.

I have known this for a long time but have never said it because it sounds highfalutin...but it is true. From a clinical standpoint, Cuban has more neuroses than most groups of individuals have. His need for being the center of attention is pathological...his desire to "belong" to a group of young professional athletes smacks of a sad youth of being bullied, and his attempts to convince people that his wealth makes people like him because they think he is "cool" is simply pathetic. He should be embarrassed by his behavior, and the fact that he is not is another clinical indicator of arrested development. Sorry.

ducks
05-24-2006, 07:20 PM
Cuban is a smart businenssman

really? he is LOSING MONEY LIKE CRAZY with the mavs

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-24-2006, 07:22 PM

.....is a pompous ass

jmard5
05-24-2006, 07:25 PM
His passion for the game? More like his passion for making the game all about him.

Ok. I stand corrected. :lol

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-24-2006, 07:30 PM

.....needs to be shot in the face multiple times with a BB gun

Knoxville Spur
05-24-2006, 08:25 PM
Cuban is a smart businenssman. He is a dreadful human being. His business success in no way translates to him being competent in any other aspect of hislife, including basketball.

I have known this for a long time but have never said it because it sounds highfalutin...but it is true. From a clinical standpoint, Cuban has more neuroses than most groups of individuals have. His need for being the center of attention is pathological...his desire to "belong" to a group of young professional athletes smacks of a sad youth of being bullied, and his attempts to convince people that his wealth makes people like him because they think he is "cool" is simply pathetic. He should be embarrassed by his behavior, and the fact that he is not is another clinical indicator of arrested development. Sorry.

Excellent analysis. I predict Cuban will be bankrupt one day. It seem like all he does is screw around with the team.

If you want to forget about losing, think about Eric Dampier's contract, 5 years @ $50 million! And we thought Rasho's was bad!

boutons_
05-24-2006, 08:32 PM
The huge difference is that Damp actually played vs Spurs, while Rasho watched.
Damp, as klutzy and useless as he is, is effectively better than Rasho.