PDA

View Full Version : Answer me this...

adrienne
05-24-2006, 12:33 AM
This is a serious question, so don't take it to mean anything other than exactly what it says...why is it that some of you want the Mavs to LOSE so badly? I understand that you don't like them, but I know after losing to the Spurs in previous years I wanted the Spurs to win...why should I want another team to be able to beat them if my team couldn't? Personally that makes more sense to me, but maybe I'm alone in that idea.

P.S. This is mostly in reference to "If the Mavs lose, will you laugh your ass off?" It just doesn't make sense that you would laugh that the Suns could beat the Mavs, but the Spurs couldn't.

DDS4
05-24-2006, 12:34 AM
That thread is stupid and juvenile. Don't worry about it.

flipcritic
05-24-2006, 12:36 AM
Blame Mark Cuban. I actually like Nowitzki. But I'm not from San Antonio so I can't fully appreciate the animosity between Dallas and SA fans.

Despot
05-24-2006, 12:36 AM
I'm not rooting for the Mavs to lose, per say, just that I feel that the Spurs interests are served better if Detroit wins it all. Other than that I could care less as I won't watch another NBA game this year. To me, the NBA season ends when the Spurs Season ends.

spurs=bling
05-24-2006, 12:38 AM
:stirpot:

Solid D
05-24-2006, 12:39 AM
In this forum, there are all kinds.

The Mavs troll invasion the past couple of weeks may have been a swing vote for some people. :lol

~Sweetmelody~
05-24-2006, 12:40 AM
This is a serious question, so don't take it to mean anything other than exactly what it says...why is it that some of you want the Mavs to LOSE so badly? I understand that you don't like them, but I know after losing to the Spurs in previous years I wanted the Spurs to win...why should I want another team to be able to beat them if my team couldn't? Personally that makes more sense to me, but maybe I'm alone in that idea.

P.S. This is mostly in reference to "If the Mavs lose, will you laugh your ass off?" It just doesn't make sense that you would laugh that the Suns could beat the Mavs, but the Spurs couldn't.

adrienne, I don't think you should take some of these posts seriously, but that said---

I have always cheered for other Texas teams, but with this series, Mark Cuban with all his dumb-ass comments and the countless Mavs Fans that were here, acting like 12 years olds have me cheering for anyone but them. It really shouldn't be that way being since I like the Mavs and at least if Dallas wins the big one I can justify it in my mind. I don't know maybe I will feel differently in a few days or not.

adrienne
05-24-2006, 12:41 AM
Oh, I'm not taking it seriously exactly, it just got me thinking about it. I've heard it before, and I just don't get it.

Despot
05-24-2006, 12:44 AM
Were you a Mav fan in 2003? Did you root for the Spurs after that? I'm not trying to be condescending, I know you have a good history on this board, I'm asking cause I am truly curious.

adrienne
05-24-2006, 12:47 AM
I didn't "root for" them. I think there is a difference, I didn't actively root for anyone, still wouldn't be caught dead in a Spurs jersey.:) But I did want them to win, I think it's easier to take if you lost to the best, and not just another team that came in second to the champs.

2centsworth
05-24-2006, 12:50 AM
I didn't "root for" them. I think there is a difference, I didn't actively root for anyone, still wouldn't be caught dead in a Spurs jersey.:) But I did want them to win, I think it's easier to take if you lost to the best, and not just another team that came in second to the champs.
It would be easy to root for the Mavs if it wasn't for Mark Cuban.

timvp
05-24-2006, 12:54 AM
Why not Dallas?

1. Their fans are annoying and don't know basketball.
2. It'd be bad for the game. Small ball needs to die.

infinite styles
05-24-2006, 12:59 AM
I just don't like Dallas never have never will. Sorry but I'm a Spurs fan and believe that they are the only team in Texas. I really don't want to see any of the remaining teams but I know that one has to and I would rather not have my next door neighbor win so that they can come over and gloat. Sorry....but thats just my take on it.

Oh yeah...plus I hate Cuban!

Winnipeg_Spur
05-24-2006, 01:00 AM
I'd just rather not see the fans in AAC celebrating a championship, especially after they boo a guy for being:

1) cut
2) punched in the groin

T Park
05-24-2006, 01:05 AM
3. Mark Cuban is the worst owner in sports

What owner goes and curses out a player from the opposing team.

JHoLove
05-24-2006, 01:08 AM
I understand the hate for Cuban. He was the definition of un-classy in this series. With that being said, it just sucks that that is whats keeping the majority of people wanting the mavs to win. Cuban is the face of the Mavs and thus we are being judged by a jerk.

SA Gunslinger
05-24-2006, 01:10 AM
Mark Cuban sux big, burro ballz.

KEDA
05-24-2006, 01:18 AM
lets see

1. Mark Cuban, what he said about MY city was uncalled for, totally disrespectful

2. Mark Cuban, what he said about Michael Finley was uncalled for, totally disrespectful

3. Avery Johnson, bringing Armstrong in to purposley knock Ginobili down at the end of
the half was BUSH LEAGUE, uncalled for, and totally disrespectful

4. Jason Terry, punching, yes a closed fist consists of a punch. Michael Finley did
nothing mut jump for a loose ball and Terry punches him in the stomach this is yes,
you guessed it, uncalled for and totally disrespectful

I hate the Mavs, the reason for it, their owner, and the way he conducts himself and his team.

GO ANYONE ELSE BESIDES DALLAS GO!!!!!

Duncanoypi
05-24-2006, 01:22 AM
3 reasons

1. Mark Cuban
2. Mark Cuban
3. Mark Cuban

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-24-2006, 01:24 AM
I don't know why I want the Mavs to lose.

timvp
05-24-2006, 01:25 AM
When I die, I want to be buried in a Dirk Nowitzky jersey, so there's 1 less Mavericks fan

:lol

T-Pain
05-24-2006, 01:27 AM

Hey Adrienne, its been awhile! :spin

to answer your question, Im one of those who want the Mavs to go down because they are our in-state rival and I cant go for a team that brought down mine. But thats just me. I want the Pistons to win it all!!! Id rather see them hold our trophy than the mavs

T Park
05-24-2006, 01:33 AM
With that being said, it just sucks that that is whats keeping the majority of people wanting the mavs to win. Cuban is the face of the Mavs and thus we are being judged by a jerk.

Not only him.

Thank your fellow fans.

TonyC
05-24-2006, 01:35 AM
In this forum, there are all kinds.

The Mavs troll invasion the past couple of weeks may have been a swing vote for some people. :lol

Good....we want you to hate us....if SA would have won...I would hope that you guys got swept in the next round....just so I wouldn't fall asleep during the nba finals...

milkyway21
05-24-2006, 01:35 AM
Mark Cuban
AJ
Stackhouse
Jason Terry
& Mavs Fans annoying Spurs fans in this forum

but hey, i like you Adrienne, i can still remember what you said the day we signed Finley. U still like Finley, right?

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-24-2006, 01:36 AM
Not only him.

Thank your fellow fans.

:tu

TonyC
05-24-2006, 01:36 AM
lets see

1. Mark Cuban, what he said about MY city was uncalled for, totally disrespectful

2. Mark Cuban, what he said about Michael Finley was uncalled for, totally disrespectful

3. Avery Johnson, bringing Armstrong in to purposley knock Ginobili down at the end of
the half was BUSH LEAGUE, uncalled for, and totally disrespectful

4. Jason Terry, punching, yes a closed fist consists of a punch. Michael Finley did
nothing mut jump for a loose ball and Terry punches him in the stomach this is yes,
you guessed it, uncalled for and totally disrespectful

I hate the Mavs, the reason for it, their owner, and the way he conducts himself and his team.

And did you not read the Mark Cuban article....SA express news was talking shit about Dallas before Cuban ever said that.....stop being so blind to the facts just to make your loss easier to take!

Trainwreck2100
05-24-2006, 01:39 AM
And did you not read the Mark Cuban article....SA express news was talking shit about Dallas before Cuban ever said that.....stop being so blind to the facts just to make your loss easier to take!

I didn't know the EN had any affiliation with the team.

milkyway21
05-24-2006, 01:40 AM
:tunice avatar :tu

Despot
05-24-2006, 01:45 AM
I want to clarify that I have no animosity towards the Mavs, sure, I want payback, but on the scale of animosity from 1 - 10, The Mavs are currently a 1, the Lakers were a 10 until their demise.

milkyway21
05-24-2006, 02:34 AM
I didn't "root for" them. I think there is a difference, I didn't actively root for anyone, still wouldn't be caught dead in a Spurs jersey.:) But I did want them to win, I think it's easier to take if you lost to the best, and not just another team that came in second to the champs.that's why i cannot accept it. Bec we lost not to the best team(Pistons), but just another team who won 60 games in the WC.

I'd hate to lose to a team who think they're the best bec they beat the Spurs.

the Spurs is still the best for me. 63 wins just didn't happen because of accident huh? We earned it.

ponky
05-24-2006, 02:55 AM
You know what's weird? I don't care who the Spurs fans wanna root for but I just perused the Suns fan forums and so many Suns fans were rooting for the Mavericks during the last series and talking smack about individual Spurs players so I don't really get why some Spurs fans would wanna root for them but whatever.

timvp
05-24-2006, 03:06 AM
You know what's weird? I don't care who the Spurs fans wanna root for but I just perused the Suns fan forums and so many Suns fans were rooting for the Mavericks during the last series and talking smack about individual Spurs players so I don't really get why some Spurs fans would wanna root for them but whatever.

The Suns fans were celebrating because they owned the Mavs last year and the Spurs swept them.

:pctoss

milkyway21
05-24-2006, 03:22 AM
You know what's weird? I don't care who the Spurs fans wanna root for but I just perused the Suns fan forums and so many Suns fans were rooting for the Mavericks during the last series and talking smack about individual Spurs players so I don't really get why some Spurs fans would wanna root for them but whatever.because they think they have the chance of making it to the NBA finals if they play the Mavs than the Spurs.

Because Duncan(33pt/game semis stats), is more lethal than Dirk.

Because they think Cuban's bubbly mouth is funnier than Sarver's chicken dance, they might get upstaged but they want to entertain the media at halftime and at postgame interviews.

they're still trying to figure out how to stop Manu.

dav4463
05-24-2006, 03:51 AM
Mark Cuban is the main reason. The other is the smug, gloating Maverick fans that I know. The ones who come up to me and say...."Spurs suck" and I cannot believe they have no respect for a team that has been great for years.

zocool16
05-24-2006, 03:53 AM
Perhaps it's because we wanna be able to confirm that it was indeed just bs that we lost to them, it's like if they lose now we'll be like 'see? i told you if it wasn't for those stupid refs in games 3 and 4 we'd still be playing'

Slomo
05-24-2006, 04:09 AM
Why not Dallas?

2. It'd be bad for the game. Small ball needs to die.I specially agree with the second point.

I can't belive anybody owning a team would behave like Cuban did.

And just to clarify things: for me the WCF come down to
Mike "Dasani" D'antoni on one side
and
Mark "muddy waters" Cuban on the other

I guess that for the first time I'll be watching the East more.

Please_dont_ban_me
05-24-2006, 04:40 AM
Cubans comments.

Terry's punch.

Other than those two things, I have nothing against the Mavs. Other than Dirks "I just smelt shit" facial expressions.

dunkinduncan
05-24-2006, 04:41 AM
i hate the mavs.

1 they cheat
2 they own the refs
3 dirk is a cheater
4 cuban is always doing stuff abnd saying stuff and the fines he does get arent as big as they should be
5 mavs fans are the biggest jerks they are awlays acting like they are better than spurs fans when they know that that is not true
6 im tired of the nba giving the mavs all the calls because they think they are a better team let the teams decide it if the mavs and the spurs were to play street ball the spurs would win every time.
7 dallas players and coaches whine too much. they are always acting like the refs screwed them over when you can knowck down ginobli without ever a call. timmy was fouled at teh end of teh game i have proof.
8 it is a well known fact that the mavs are the dirtiest players in the league. im just glad somebody finally caught jason terry. next they should get stackhouse for his dirty plays. you dont believe me ask parker.
9 when it gets right down to it the mavs are the least talented team left in the playoffs. they mighty not even win one more game.

Wes99
05-24-2006, 08:24 AM
hate the mavs.

1 they cheat
2 they own the refs
3 dirk is a cheater
4 cuban is always doing stuff abnd saying stuff and the fines he does get arent as big as they should be
5 mavs fans are the biggest jerks they are awlays acting like they are better than spurs fans when they know that that is not true
6 im tired of the nba giving the mavs all the calls because they think they are a better team let the teams decide it if the mavs and the spurs were to play street ball the spurs would win every time.
7 dallas players and coaches whine too much. they are always acting like the refs screwed them over when you can knowck down ginobli without ever a call. timmy was fouled at teh end of teh game i have proof.
8 it is a well known fact that the mavs are the dirtiest players in the league. im just glad somebody finally caught jason terry. next they should get stackhouse for his dirty plays. you dont believe me ask parker.
9 when it gets right down to it the mavs are the least talented team left in the playoffs. they mighty not even win one more game.

WHATS FUNNY TO ME IS THAT U BELIEVE THAT THE MAVS ARE PLAY MORE DIRTY THAN THE SPURS, EVERY TIME THE SPURS FOULED BIG TIMMY ACTED LIKE A KID THAT PISSED HIS PANTS, DONT BLAME THE REFS BLAME UR TEAM FOR NOT SCORING MORE DUDE SAY WHATEVER U WANT ABOUT THE MAVS WHAT IT COMES DOWN TO IS MAVS WIN IN GAME 7 WHEN IT COULD HAVE BEEN A SWEEP IF THE REFS DIDNT CHEAT FOR U GUYS IN GAME 1, BET U DIDNT THINK ABOUT THAT MAVS SWEEP THE CHAMPS, BUT THE TALK OF LOSERS NEXT YR THE MAVS THIS THE MAVS THAT WE ARE GONNA BEAT THE MAVS BLAH BLAH BLAH THATS ALL U GUYS CAN DO NOW IS THINK ABOUT NEXT YR!! JASON TERRY THE NUT CRACKER!!!! HAHA

adrienne
05-24-2006, 08:29 AM
Um, wow. This is not at ALL what this thread was supposed to be. I wanted an answer to a question, not a laundry list of everything you hate about Dallas.

SPURS-SUCK
05-24-2006, 08:33 AM
here is the 1 and only reason y spurs lost!!!

spurster
05-24-2006, 08:51 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing the Mavs win as long as Shaq or Ben run over Cuban first.

pache100
05-24-2006, 08:57 AM
Here are the reasons I cannot root for the Mavericks for anything (said so well by others):

Why not Dallas?

2. It'd be bad for the game. Small ball needs to die.

I just don't like Dallas never have never will. Sorry but I'm a Spurs fan and believe that they are the only team in Texas. I really don't want to see any of the remaining teams but I know that one has to and I would rather not have my next door neighbor win so that they can come over and gloat. Sorry....but thats just my take on it.

Oh yeah...plus I hate Cuban!

I'd just rather not see the fans in AAC celebrating a championship, especially after they boo a guy for being:

1) cut
2) punched in the groin

lets see
3. Avery Johnson, bringing Armstrong in to purposley knock Ginobili down at the end of the half was BUSH LEAGUE, uncalled for, and totally disrespectful
4. Jason Terry, punching, yes a closed fist consists of a punch. Michael Finley did nothing mut jump for a loose ball and Terry punches him in the stomach this is yes, you guessed it, uncalled for and totally disrespectful

Mark Cuban
AJ
Stackhouse
Jason Terry
& Mavs Fans annoying Spurs fans in this forum

Side note: I just remembered something a couple of days ago that gave me a reason to distance myself a little from Avery; did you know that he refused to go to Tim Duncan's wedding? Because he'd just been released by the Spurs, he was angry. He said he had too much to do and had to get to Denver to find a house and look at schools for his kids. Give me a frickin' break, AJ! Are you a grown man or are you a whiny assed baby girl? What on earth does the Spurs cutting you have to do with your friendship(?) with Timmy? And you can't tell me you can't take a couple of days out of your busy schedule of house/school-hunting to go to a good friend's wedding...IN THE BAHAMAS! Give me a break, AJ.

Side note: I won't be rooting for the Suns' fans; I will be rooting for the Suns. I don't give a rat's ass what their fans do or do not do.

i hate the mavs.
1 they cheat
2 they own the refs
3 dirk is a cheater
4 cuban is always doing stuff abnd saying stuff

polandprzem
05-24-2006, 10:12 AM
Side note: I just remembered something a couple of days ago that gave me a reason to distance myself a little from Avery; did you know that he refused to go to Tim Duncan's wedding? Because he'd just been released by the Spurs, he was angry. He said he had too much to do and had to get to Denver to find a house and look at schools for his kids. Give me a frickin' break, AJ! Are you a grown man or are you a whiny assed baby girl? What on earth does the Spurs cutting you have to do with your friendship(?) with Timmy? And you can't tell me you can't take a couple of days out of your busy schedule of house/school-hunting to go to a good friend's wedding...IN THE BAHAMAS! Give me a break, AJ.

WtF? First time I hear it.
Damn him for that :cuss

spur219
05-24-2006, 10:21 AM
Damn you guys are talking about how it should of been a sweep. Well if the refs wouldn't of cheated out game 3 and 4 the Spurs would of finished it in 5.

Geezerballer
05-24-2006, 10:26 AM
How about:

1) Mark Cuban is a sissy bitch who got a lot of money but no class to go with it.
2) Avery Johnson is an overrated coach who lacks self control and will burn out with his team in record time. (write that one down)
3) Dirk is a great offensive threat but I don’t like his game. He looks like a queer falling away on a jump shot. (you’re 7 ft tall for Christ sake!)
4) The City of Dallas is a stinking pile of crap and nobody lives there on purpose.

dmac
05-24-2006, 10:41 AM
I understand the hate for Cuban. He was the definition of un-classy in this series. With that being said, it just sucks that that is whats keeping the majority of people wanting the mavs to win. Cuban is the face of the Mavs and thus we are being judged by a jerk.
It would be a lot easier to root for the Mavs (and the Texas connection) if that POS owner wasn't such a douchebag. If he had 1/10 the class that Peter Holt has, it would be no problem to cheer for the Mavs.

Cuban's a jerk, Go Suns.

MadDog73
05-24-2006, 10:45 AM
I've asked this question before:

Why do Spurs fans want the Pistons or Shaq to get 4 rings before the Spurs?

Because, if the Suns beat the Mavs, that's whats going to happen.

Go Mavs!

Shank
05-24-2006, 10:48 AM
The real Spurs fans come out in this thread. Bunch of fucking idiots signing up just to lay down their ridiculous conspiracy theories. Some of you old-timers should be ashamed. Dunkinduncan and geezerballer are just plain retarded. To bring up anything about a forced DA-Ginobili foul at the end of the first half (watch the tape, even Kerr said it wasn't a foul) and then to blab on and on about some alleged referee favoritism is just asinine and delusional.

Side note: Just where are all of those Pistons fans today? You know - the ones whose dicks you were sucking just 24 hours ago?

bull62400
05-24-2006, 11:06 AM
in response to ur question, i want the mavs to win it all this year. I love avery johnson and i think its about time dallas get a ring. by the way, i have noticed the mavs fans are alot different from spurs fans. this is coming from a die hard spurs fan college student in Dallas. mavs fans are everywhere and i am surrounded. however, i have not met one mavs fan (with the exception of one, and he doesnt live in dallas) who can name another player besides dirk. i have not met a mavs fan who keeps on track with the season as well as the playoffs. bottom line, dallas loves the cowboys ten times more than they love the mavs, my point of view. it seems most of thses fans hop on the bandwagon. to further strengthen my point, in game 7 i was at an opera in Canada and was forced to go because i was on a school trip and it was part of the package, believe me, i could have cared less about anything on that stage, i kept checking my phone seeing if my girlfriend sent me a text on what the score was. all the other people with me were mavs fans. they were talking shit alllll week. then i would ask them simple questions like "but seriously, u think avery is the best thing that ever happened to u guys" or i would mention people like josh howard and jason terry. NONE OF THEM KNEW WHAT THE HELL I WAS TALKING ABOUT. one person even said exact word "oh, i dont know anybody on the team, i just want them to win."

there is this paper we get at our school thats kind of a mini-newspaper. i forget what its called. anyways, when asked questions about the mavericks over the spurs, they had the most apathetic responses. its mind numbing. dont get me wrong, i like the mavs. it is just super super annoying when a fan talks shit and says go mavs all the time and they dont know shit about the franchise or the occuring season. spurs fans seem to be more loyal, maybe its cuz we dont have a football team, i dunno, but ill tell u this, spurs fans are more loyal than mavs fans and they annoy the shit out of me. but aneways, u beat us, congradulations and i will be rooting for u to win it all! Go Mavs 2006!!

clambake
05-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Avery Johnson is a whiny assed baby girl???? Getting beat by him must really sting!

J.T.
05-24-2006, 11:15 AM
I've asked this question before:

Why do Spurs fans want the Pistons or Shaq to get 4 rings before the Spurs?

Because, if the Suns beat the Mavs, that's whats going to happen.

Go Mavs!

I would rather the Pistons or Shaq get 4 before any Mavericks player gets 1. Besides WGAF? We'll get 5 before they do.

pache100
05-24-2006, 11:41 AM
Avery Johnson is a whiny assed baby girl???? Getting beat by him must really sting!

We know Avery far better than you ever will.

milkyway21
05-24-2006, 07:56 PM
Here are the reasons I cannot root for the Mavericks for anything (said so well by others):

Side note: I won't be rooting for the Suns' fans; I will be rooting for the Suns. I don't give a rat's ass what their fans do or do not do.

well, that's certainly a SIGN OF IMMATURITY. Now I know why Cuban likes AJ... :lmao

now, I respect Malik, Tim's bestfriend even more for being so professional dealing with the Spurs' trading him to NY.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-24-2006, 08:01 PM
To answer the original question...

I work in Dallas, am surrounding by Mavs fans, and I'd love to see them come crashing down to earth from the high they're on.

I've got buddies at work who want Miami because they think that Dampier can kick SHaq's ass.

That's how fucked up they are in the head right now.

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-24-2006, 08:02 PM
To answer the original question...

I work in Dallas, am surrounding by Mavs fans, and I'd love to see them come crashing down to earth from the high they're on.

I've got buddies at work who want Miami because they think that Dampier can kick SHaq's ass.

That's how fucked up they are in the head right now.

Sounds like mavs fans

samikeyp
05-24-2006, 09:12 PM
I can only speak for me Adrienne...but I want any team the Spurs play to lose badly...the Mavs just happened to be the most recent opponent.

For those who don't know...Adrienne has been here and repping the Mavs since the beginning..props to her for sticking with her team.

T Park
05-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Adrienne has been here and repping the Mavs since the beginning..props to her for sticking with her team.

yawn