PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Carlos Delfino

intlspurshk
05-24-2006, 03:34 AM
He is not in good term with the team. Maybe he can negotiate a termination clause with Piston.

He maybe a little bit selfish but, since SPURS seem to be interested in Argentina players, he may be an acceptable addition at low cost. Not sure whether he is a quick and aggressive defender though.

I think the team now have more time to find the next Boris Diaw. :lol

TDMVPDPOY
05-24-2006, 04:44 AM
his lookin towards gettin paid, spurs cant afford that

SenorSpur
05-24-2006, 05:31 AM
He is not in good term with the team. Maybe he can negotiate a termination clause with Piston.

He maybe a little bit selfish but, since SPURS seem to be interested in Argentina players, he may be an acceptable addition at low cost. Not sure whether he is a quick and aggressive defender though.

Enough with the collective assortment of Argentine players. There's more talent out there to mine that just them.

johngateswhiteley
05-24-2006, 05:47 AM
carlos delfino would not be more helpful to the spurs than a speedy claxton. speedy made 3.6 million last year, don't know what he wants this year. but maybe we could give him around 3-3.5 and save the rest for javtokas or whatever. then trade scola's rights w/a sign trade of nazr or whatever to fill in the rest. i don't know all the possibilites or how...but i know it's possible.

bdubya
05-24-2006, 07:20 AM
I don't know where the "selfish" tag came from. In the rare minutes he got through the season, he did what he was asked; play tough defense and share the ball. Occasionally, like in the last Washington game, when he had the green light to score, he showed he could light it up with precisely the kind of attack the Pistons lack (and really could have used last night). Nobody knows if he's on the outs with the team or what the problem is, but I'm pissed about how he's gone unused. I'd like him to stay in Detroit, but I expect he'll be available this summer. :cuss

Spurologist
05-24-2006, 07:23 AM
Next

WalterBenitez
05-24-2006, 08:02 AM

Okey not everything we produce in ARG is good quality, starting with politians ... but, Delfino is a young player that need to calm down and show why he was selected in 1st round, he has the skills but I don't think he has the rigth mentality and for sure his attitude sometimes isn't the best.

Delfino & Darko were an experiment ... probably sending him to Orlando he'll find the rigth environment to develop, as Darko said once even the mascot know that he'll have its minutes daily ... Carlos and I don't; that's a sad story or whatever, but my point is that Spurs needs more cocked guys; btw Delfino play in the same position that Manu, and I prefer to keep Finley, Brent, Bruce, Manu as the core for that position.