PDA

View Full Version : Mavs' Path Overwhelmingly Difficult

pussyface
05-24-2006, 12:58 PM
Although they might not be the greatest ever, if Dallas wins a title this year they may have a legitimate claim at toughest road to a championship ever.

1st round: 49 win, veteran lead team
2nd round: defending, 3 time recent champs coming off of all time greatest regular season performance (63 wins).
3rd round: MVP, league's most vaunted offense
4th round: potentially Detroit, next most recent chamption...or Shaq not so bad to beat either.

Either way, nothing for us to laugh at here...the most difficult road our team is on now is the rural one to the nearest lake to go fishing.

DarkReign
05-24-2006, 01:12 PM
If Dallas wins, yeah, you could definately say it was a long, hard road.

Big IF.....

kalikot_boy_kr
05-24-2006, 01:26 PM
But.... Mavs Cannot Win.... I Guarantee U That! They Are Jsut Lucky But Not The Best Team..hahahaha!

kalikot_boy_kr
05-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Big If..wide If...high If......mavs Win If Cuban Buy The Ref....hahahha!

DarkReign
05-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Big If..wide If...high If......mavs Win If Cuban Buy The Ref....hahahha!

:elephant :lol :elephant :blah :elephant :lol :elephant :blah :elephant

Burn531
05-24-2006, 03:54 PM
The NBA want the Mavs to win it. They also want the Heat there. 12 million viewers for the Finals makes Sterns blood boil.

Crookshanks
05-24-2006, 03:59 PM
Screw David Stern - he changed the rules to favor teams like the Suns and Mavs because so many of the fans don't understand good basketball and all they want to see is fancy passes and reverse slam dunks.

Teams like the Pistons and Spurs have an uphill battle all year long - and the officiating in the playoffs proves my point.

I don't necessarily like the Suns - but right now I'm rooting for them because I HATE the Mavs with a burning passion and I want them to get their arrogant butts kicked all the way back to Dallas!

ponky
05-24-2006, 04:03 PM
Burn531 and Crookshanks: Waaaaaaaaaah, waaaaaaaaa-waaaaaa! Way to make excuses, especially after that gift-wrapped game 7 from the refs that your team couldn't capitalize on. Keep on whining, hopefully, it will carry over to next season.

MadDog73
05-24-2006, 04:21 PM
The NBA want the Mavs to win it. They also want the Heat there. 12 million viewers for the Finals makes Sterns blood boil.

Conspiracy theories are so 1990's...

If the NBA "wanted" the Mavs to win, the Spurs wouldn't have had a chance to win Game 7.

JHoLove
05-24-2006, 04:40 PM
It's ridiculous if you think the Spurs have put up with crap this year.

mavsfan1000
05-24-2006, 04:42 PM
The spurs got more calls than the mavs in this series and yet the mavs won. I am loving it.

Vashner
05-24-2006, 04:48 PM
PLEASE everyone omfg.. that's why the call it playoffs.. You know a little ball and a hole in the sky...

let it get settled there...

If Dallas wants the rings the will win... period. There is not overwhelming path bs.. it's pro ball.. deal with it.

Burn531
05-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Conspiracy theories are so 1990's...

If the NBA "wanted" the Mavs to win, the Spurs wouldn't have had a chance to win Game 7.

I'm not preaching a conspiracy. I'm just saying the NBA would love better looking teams that score a lot in the Finals. Teams that regular viewers would want to watch. If Stern had his way he would have the Cavs vs Miami in the Finals.

pussyface
05-24-2006, 05:20 PM
I did not mean "overwhelming" as in untenable.
Its just that if this team goes the distance, they will have gone through a 4 daunting series and earned their way into the conversation of elite teams of the post-Jordan era.