PDA

View Full Version : Expectations for 2006-07

dknights411
05-24-2006, 01:49 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I'm always thinking ahead when it comes with the Spurs. And to be quite honest, I'm very happy right now. Tim is fine now, and he'll return to MVP form next year with a fresh start. Tony was superb throughout most of the season, and he looks poised to dominate again next year. He just needs to polish a few things from his game and he'll be fine. Manu had a very rough year, and an even rougher post-season. Using this as motivation, Manu WILL return with a vengance next year (kinda scary if you think about it). Moreover, Bruce will be back, and that says enough from there. From there, it's up to Pop, R.C. and company to fill in the blanks, which they have done so well in the past. So I have the utmost trust in them. (BTW, who exactly is coming back next year outside of the core group?)

All in all, the Spurs will have another 60 win season next year (61-64 most likely), and will look even stronger using this devestating loss as motivation to dominate the entire league next year to the NBA title (BTW, I thought the same thing after .4 ). Those are my two cents, and I am pumped to get it on again. But I was wondering what do you guys expect from the Spurs next season.

MadDog73
05-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Spurs usually rebound after a defeat. The only exception was 2001 and 2002, but I think that Monkey's off our back now.

Listening to post-game comments, I'm psyched for next year's run...

TDMVPDPOY
05-24-2006, 01:54 PM
73-9 season ftw

gospursgojas
05-24-2006, 01:55 PM
Spurs will have another 60 win season next year (61-64 most likely),

Man is the NBA moving to a 125 game season next year :lol

dknights411
05-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Man is the NBA moving to a 125 game season next year :lol

I meant between 61 and 64 games. What do you think this is? Baseball?!? :lol :lol :spin

strangeweather
05-24-2006, 02:02 PM
Mostly what I want to see is a Spurs team that spends the season looking like they're on a mission to take their title back.

I want to see guys knocked to the floor when they drive to the basket. I want to see a couple of new young guys with some spark out there. I want to see some better rebounding than we got last year. I want to see ball movement and assists. I want to see TP seeing the floor better with another year of experience. I want to see Ginobili play with consistency for a whole season.

And I want to see the Spurs bury the Mavs on their way to the Finals.

lilmads
05-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Mostly what I want to see is a Spurs team that spends the season looking like they're on a mission to take their title back.

I want to see guys knocked to the floor when they drive to the basket. I want to see a couple of new young guys with some spark out there. I want to see some better rebounding than we got last year. I want to see ball movement and assists. I want to see TP seeing the floor better with another year of experience. I want to see Ginobili play with consistency for a whole season.

And I want to see the Spurs bury the Mavs on their way to the Finals.

Hell yeah baby :smokin

FromWayDowntown
05-24-2006, 03:13 PM
The expectations will be the same as they've been every year since Tim Duncan arrived. The expectation is to be a title contender; the hope is to win the title.

I'd think, with the right off-season tweaks, that the hope will be extremely well-founded.

CosmicCowboy
05-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Actually, in the Spurs cycle of perpetual dominance it is time for Timmy, Manu, and Tony to fake injury and tank the season so we can get the #1 pingpong ball and the next superstar to carry us through 2020...:lol

ShoogarBear
05-24-2006, 03:21 PM
I expect that "Y'all Ready For This" will have another year-long run.

George Gervin's Afro
05-24-2006, 03:26 PM
I want to see a hungry team. That is my expectation..

baseline bum
05-24-2006, 03:28 PM

SA210
05-24-2006, 03:29 PM
I expect that "Y'all Ready For This" will have another year-long run.
:shootme

dknights411
05-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Actually, in the Spurs cycle of perpetual dominance it is time for Timmy, Manu, and Tony to fake injury and tank the season so we can get the #1 pingpong ball and the next superstar to carry us through 2020...:lol

:lol I was wondering when that would happen! :spin :spin

mabber
05-24-2006, 03:33 PM
Spurs, Mavs and Suns (w/Amare back) will all have good years and team that is healthy and playing the best in the playoffs will win the west. I know that's not going out on a limb but that's the way I see it.

samikeyp
05-24-2006, 03:38 PM
not much of a limb but its a good prediction.

Dre_7
05-24-2006, 04:14 PM
team that is healthy and playing the best in the playoffs will win the west.

:lol Really??

Dre_7
05-24-2006, 04:15 PM
I also expect Finley to have a regular season much like his playoffs were. Fin was great for the Spurs. But shots and big plays when they were facing elimination.

E20
05-24-2006, 04:41 PM
Finish with around 65 wins. Maybe more. :lol

Win the 'ship.