PDA

View Full Version : Kings: Cause of Exit?

Sacramental
05-24-2006, 02:59 PM
I deeply believe that the Sacramento Kings caused the spurs to lose this series. Playing 6 hard games instead of 4 takes its toll sooner or later. Mavs had MUCH more time to prepare for the Spurs, too. If the kings weren't the main cause, they're definitely a part of it.

RON ARTEST
05-24-2006, 03:01 PM
maybe. but the spurs just couldnt matchup with the mavs. even if the spurs swept the kings it wouldnt change the fact that the spurs couldnt matchup.

MadDog73
05-24-2006, 03:03 PM
yeah, I was talking about this today.

Sour grapes, but we got screwed by the Schedule. While the Mavs we're sweeping away the Grizz, we get stuck playing probably a 4th seed team in the 1st round.

Then, we play the number 2 seed in the second round, with only one day break.

You can see it with Detroit and the Heat: I'd rather have rest than homecourt. Next year, hopefully, the seedings will be better and we'll actually play lesser quality teams in the opening rounds.

FromWayDowntown
05-24-2006, 03:04 PM
I think it had more to do with giving up crucial offensive rebounds at the ends of Game 3 and 4 as well as in overtime of Game 7 than with fatigue from playing Sacramento.

There may have been some fatigue that lead to the Game 2 loss, but Dallas deserved to win that game and the Spurs were able to fight back and give themselves a chance to overcome that problem.

Ultimately, the Spurs made some mistakes in crunch time and the Mavs made some plays when they had to; that's the way a series goes sometimes.

DarrinS
05-24-2006, 03:09 PM
Having a tough series against the Kigns certainly didn't help.

Other than Finley, we really didn't have any help off the bench. In each season that the Spurs won a championship, at least one bench player has been huge.

baseline bum
05-24-2006, 03:12 PM
Is that the Kings championship now?

DarrinS
05-24-2006, 03:14 PM
By the way, if you guys don't need Bonzi next year, we'll take him.

With some minor attitute adjustments, he'll fit right in. :hat

Despot
05-24-2006, 03:19 PM
It certainly didn't help. But are you trying to insinuate that the Kings actually defeated the Spurs?

baseline bum
05-24-2006, 03:20 PM

Bonzi Wells sucks and I would never want him on my team. Look at the crap he pulled in Memphis.

degenerate_gambler
05-24-2006, 03:28 PM

Don't we have too many white guys on the team for Bonzi's tastes?

mabber
05-24-2006, 03:28 PM
I think it had more to do with giving up crucial offensive rebounds at the ends of Game 3 and 4 as well as in overtime of Game 7 than with fatigue from playing Sacramento.

There may have been some fatigue that lead to the Game 2 loss, but Dallas deserved to win that game and the Spurs were able to fight back and give themselves a chance to overcome that problem.

Ultimately, the Spurs made some mistakes in crunch time and the Mavs made some plays when they had to; that's the way a series goes sometimes.

That f..ked up playoff seedings certainly benefited the Mavs even though going in all us Mav fans felt it sucked that we were gonna have to play the Spurs in the 2nd round instead of the WCF. I only noticed Spur's fatigue in game #2. Parker & Ginobli looked like they were running in sand that game.

DarrinS
05-24-2006, 03:51 PM
Bonzi Wells sucks and I would never want him on my team. Look at the crap he pulled in Memphis.

He's a talented player, but I guess he has too much baggage.

It's a good thing he and Rasheed never got their act together in Portland. That team had a shitload of raw talent. They even had Jermaine O'Neal, but he was just a rookie then.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-24-2006, 03:54 PM
The Spurs were obviously tired to start out the Mavs series. But if we're going to blame the Kings for the loss we might as well blame the refs as well. Let's blame both!

BillsCarnage
05-24-2006, 04:20 PM
I deeply believe that the Sacramento Kings caused the spurs to lose this series. Playing 6 hard games instead of 4 takes its toll sooner or later.

Really?!? Does that mean if the Suns lose to the Mavs i can used them playing back-to-back 7gm series as an excuse?

that's a silly excuse.

gingko
05-24-2006, 04:20 PM
If there was "screwing", it wasn't by the schedule, it was by Indiana trading Artest to Sac. The kings had the worst record of any western conference team in the playoffs. The only way that the scheduling could be chaged to fix this would be for the top seed to pick which team they want to play from the group of teams that make the playoffs which of course is ludacris.

BillsCarnage
05-24-2006, 04:22 PM
The Spurs lost because in the end Dallas wanted it more. Plain and simple.

Vashner
05-24-2006, 04:25 PM
LOL ? it's pro basketball....

Kings play.. kings lost.. we won.. It's called Basketball...

Dallas Beat the Spurs btw... lol..

Man... talk about grabbing for straws... Kings fantasy here..

DarrinS
05-24-2006, 04:28 PM
The Spurs lost because in the end Dallas wanted it more. Plain and simple.

I don't think they really wanted it any more than the Spurs. A team that comes back from 3-1 AND from a 20 point, game 7 deficit, has a LOT of desire. In the end, Dallas had younger legs and a better bench. I've heard that Tim was so cramped up after game 7, that he had to stay a couple of extra hours after the game to get an intravenous fluids. Tim and Manu played their asses off. I'd say Tony too, but he seemed to fade away a little bit in games 6 and 7.

E20
05-24-2006, 04:29 PM
I'd like to see Bonzi Wells in a Spurs uni. :smokin

RON ARTEST
05-24-2006, 04:46 PM
I'd like to see Bonzi Wells in a Spurs uni. :smokin
all you guys have is the mid level. he said hes sick of moving and that if he doesnt come back to sacto it would be because sac doesnt want him, which they do. bonzi will be back for sure, i cant wait until the maloofs interview pj for the coaching job.

DarrinS
05-24-2006, 04:50 PM
all you guys have is the mid level. he said hes sick of moving and that if he doesnt come back to sacto it would be because sac doesnt want him, which they do. bonzi will be back for sure, i cant wait until the maloofs interview pj for the coaching job.

I just hope Bonzi or Artest don't try to choke him ala Sprewell. :lol

TheSanityAnnex
05-24-2006, 04:59 PM
Bonzi Wells sucks and I would never want him on my team. Look at the crap he pulled in Memphis.And don't forget the shit he pulled on YOUR team either.

Sacramental
05-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Really?!? Does that mean if the Suns lose to the Mavs i can used them playing back-to-back 7gm series as an excuse?

that's a silly excuse.

get a clue. u can't compare suns vs. mavs in finals to Spurs vs. Mavs in semi's. Suns played 7 games, Mavs played 7 games, so it's fair and even. Spurs played 6 games, Mavs played 4, plus a lot more prepare time. Oh and btw, Mavs will beat the suns in 5 or 6, so don't get your hopes up. Suns shouldn't even be int he WCF,..damn playoff seeding.

RON ARTEST
05-24-2006, 05:37 PM
I just hope Bonzi or Artest don't try to choke him ala Sprewell. :lolthats all anyone talks about when they mention pj. :lol
get over it. when people mention him after next season if he joins the kings they will be talking about him helping our team get 50+ wins.

RON ARTEST
05-24-2006, 05:39 PM

that's a silly excuse.
the way the suns play they will never win a title. they will be like dallas in a few years and realize they need defense. do you think they can win a title with the defense they play? im just asking

BillsCarnage
05-24-2006, 05:43 PM
the way the suns play they will never win a title. they will be like dallas in a few years and realize they need defense. do you think they can win a title with the defense they play? im just asking

:lmao :lmao
This coming from a Kings fan?

Sacramental
05-24-2006, 05:45 PM
thats all anyone talks about when they mention pj. :lol
get over it. when people mention him after next season if he joins the kings they will be talking about him helping our team get 50+ wins.

50 + wins is nothing new to this team, and I think they're better than that. At the rate they were playing with Artest, they would've won over 50 already, now imagine this team going thru training camp for chemistry and bringing in a solid bench? this is going to be a damn good team, look for a 60+ season.

CosmicCowboy
05-24-2006, 05:46 PM
He's a talented player, but I guess he has too much baggage.

It's a good thing he and Rasheed never got their act together in Portland. That team had a shitload of raw talent. They even had Jermaine O'Neal, but he was just a rookie then.

:lmao

TLong has been hanging around this core group of posters (on previous message boards) since way back then. Before that season TLong proclaimed that Blazer team to be "The Best Team In The Universe"...LOL

That team broke his heart and turned him into a closet Spurs fan...:lol

BillsCarnage
05-24-2006, 05:48 PM
get a clue. u can't compare suns vs. mavs in finals to Spurs vs. Mavs in semi's. Suns played 7 games, Mavs played 7 games, so it's fair and even. Spurs played 6 games, Mavs played 4, plus a lot more prepare time. Oh and btw, Mavs will beat the suns in 5 or 6, so don't get your hopes up.
And this shows how clueless you are. Playoff seeding or not, the two best teams are left in the WCF's. No one picked the Suns to beat the Lakers. No one picked the Suns to beat the Clips. Yet here they are.

The Suns have NO inside game, yet they keep finding ways to win. The PO's are also about matchups and the Suns matchup rather well with the Mavs despite no inside game.

Suns shouldn't even be int he WCF,..damn playoff seeding.

But they are and the Queenies are fishin. Got anymore lame excuses? Oh wait, yer a Kings fans, so you've probably got plenty.

Baller187
05-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Suns fans have no room to talk, you barely got by 2 teams you were supposed to clobber. I know you were sitting there with your heart palpitations after the Lakers went up 3-1. Now, puff out your chest for a few more hours until it really comes crashing down via the Dallas Mavericks. I kinda feel bad for Stevie, he probably has only one or MAYBE two chances left, and Amare's injury was seriously bad timing for Stevies shot at a ring. Maybe he can get a ring in the World Soccer Championship!

BTW, don't go claiming the Kings a 60 win team, that is an uncommon accomplishment in the NBA and until they do it they are NOT a 60 win team.

RON ARTEST
05-24-2006, 06:22 PM
And this shows how clueless you are. Playoff seeding or not, the two best teams are left in the WCF's. No one picked the Suns to beat the Lakers. No one picked the Suns to beat the Clips. Yet here they are.

The Suns have NO inside game, yet they keep finding ways to win. The PO's are also about matchups and the Suns matchup rather well with the Mavs despite no inside game.

But they are and the Queenies are fishin. Got anymore lame excuses? Oh wait, yer a Kings fans, so you've probably got plenty.
how many titles do you guys have? do you play defense? the queens? were not a soft team anymore, you guys took that title buddy.

RON ARTEST
05-24-2006, 06:24 PM
This coming from a Kings fan?
i can talk because its the truth. :lol my team isnt soft anymore. but your team? :lmao

BillsCarnage
05-24-2006, 06:27 PM
Suns fans have no room to talk, you barely got by 2 teams you were supposed to clobber.
Really? Everyone and their mom, including me, thought the Clips would win.
Jackson had an excellent game plan against the Suns, but they still choked away a 3-1 lead. Suns stepped up when they needed to.

I know you were sitting there with your heart palpitations after the Lakers went up 3-1. Now, puff out your chest for a few more hours until it really comes crashing down via the Dallas Mavericks.
Yer a noob idiot. I don't see any Suns fans on here "Puffing out their chests". It's been an up hill climb all season, this is just another hill to try to climb.

I kinda feel bad for Stevie, he probably has only one or MAYBE two chances left, and Amare's injury was seriously bad timing for Stevies shot at a ring. Maybe he can get a ring in the World Soccer Championship!
You truely are a motard with this kind of post. The Suns are a helluva lot closer then the Kings are.

BTW, don't go claiming the Kings a 60 win team, that is an uncommon accomplishment in the NBA and until they do it they are NOT a 60 win team.
Maybe the Las Vegas Kings will have a better chance than the SUCraMENTAL Kings ever did.

BillsCarnage
05-24-2006, 06:31 PM
how many titles do you guys have? do you play defense? the queens? were not a soft team anymore, you guys took that title buddy.

As many as the Sucramento Kings have and more than the future LV Kings will have. If the Suns are so soft why are they in the WCF's? Oh right, seeding... You still have to win the games.

You're not one to talk about titles.

Sacramental
05-24-2006, 07:34 PM
As many as the Sucramento Kings have and more than the future LV Kings will have. If the Suns are so soft why are they in the WCF's? Oh right, seeding... You still have to win the games.

lol, look at this noob who knows nothing about basketball at all blabber on about the "Sucramento" kings and the "LV" kings. haha. And the playoff seeding DID make a difference for the suns. If they played San antonio or dallas in the semi's, they would'nt be here. Oh yeah and who was it that didn't want to play sacto in the 1st round? yeah the suns lol. Matchup-wise, the Kings are better than Pheonix. The Suns will never win an NBA title, they are a bunch of pussies who go to gay bars like "Faces" in downtown sacramento.

unartested
05-24-2006, 07:56 PM

LOL…. I kinda like this guy……. Have not seen a lot of balls around here thus far…..

I think the reason you…….. that is the Suns are hearing it from the Kings fans is……Kings have been there and done that… No one calls the Kings soft anymore…

Personally many of us Kings fans believed you all would beat the show down…. Even when ya’all were down….. You can go to sacKings.com and see for yourself…

And the Clips….. Just another team from south la…… Please…

Again most Kings fans would of loved that match up and knew that the Suns would run them into the ground…

Good luck in the series………… I think they are going to need it against the Mav’z…

unartested
05-24-2006, 08:04 PM
Back to the topic…………….

I think all that was mentioned was a factor… Such is life in the NBA……..

But was all that great play during the regular season a lot of wear and tear as well???

Lots of the great teams kinda coasted through the regular season, saving it up for the playoffs…. Spurs were out spending it all during the season……

Come playoffs what do they have left in the bank???

Manu, Parker and Tim all had their moments but I don’t recall many times the team seemed to play with much energy??? In either series???

E20
05-24-2006, 08:12 PM
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/1660/mavsnewlogo7qy1bv.jpg