Kori Ellis
05-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Spurs roster breakdown

Web Posted: 05/24/2006 12:00 AM CDT
Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

Brent Barry

Contract status: two years, $10.7 million

What he did: Played well in second half of season and first round. Spurs might not have beaten Sacramento were it not for his 3-pointer to force OT in Game 2. Didn't contribute much offensively in second round with Mavs defenders staying at 3-point line.

What's next: Spurs nearly traded him to New Orleans for J.R. Smith in February, so he'll be back on the market this summer. Smith is younger and more athletic, which is what Spurs want, but he's also extremely raw.

Bruce Bowen
Contract status: two years, $7.9 million (2007-08 season not fully guaranteed)

What he did: Defensive Player of Year runner-up for second season in a row. Ranked ninth in league in 3-point shooting. Improved at putting ball on floor when defenders close out. Started every game since Feb. 26, 2002.

What's next: Turns 35 soon, but still one of league's top perimeter defenders. Will try out for U.S. national team this summer. Figures to begin next season as starting small forward. Team still needs to find heir apparent.

Tim Duncan

Contract status: four years, $79.2 million (2008-09 and '09-10 seasons at his option)

What he did: Bothered by plantar fasciitis in right foot for more than half of season. Averaged career lows in points (18.6), rebounds (11.0) and blocks (2.03) while shooting career-low 48.4 percent. Regained form in playoffs, averaging 32.3 points, 11.7 rebounds against Dallas.

What's next: Will take some time off and let his right foot fully heal, if it hasn't already. Needs to regain confidence in his bank shot.

Michael Finley

Contract status: two years, $6 million (2007-08 season at his option)

What he did: Adjusted to new team and new role, becoming full-time reserve for first time. Shot career-low 41.2 percent during the regular season, but hit big shots in the playoffs. Not a great defender, but worked hard to learn team's system. Played 47, 44, 45 and 47 minutes in last four games against Dallas.

What's next: Figures to again be one of the team's top players off the bench. Turned 33 in March, but Spurs happy with what he gave them. Could take on more of a leadership role next season now that he's more comfortable with teammates.

Manu Ginobili

Contract status: four years, $38 million

What he did: Missed 17 games because of injuries and struggled to find rhythm. With teams intent on keeping him from rim, made career-high 38.2 percent of 3-pointers. Once again, big-game performer in playoffs. Carried team in Game 6 against Dallas and nearly won Game 7.

What's next: Expected to play for Argentina in World Championships this summer. If so, Spurs may reduce his workload at the start of season to keep him from tiring.

Robert Horry

Contract status: two years, $6.9 million

How he did this season: Missed 19 games, most because of hip and abdominal injuries. Had his moments, but none in the playoffs. Decision to play small against Dallas primarily reduced his role to observer.

What's ahead: Hopes to arrive at training camp in better shape. Needs to if he's going to survive in NBA's small-ball era. His minutes might drop — though the team doesn't have a better alternative on its roster — but there always will be room for a big-game shooter.

Sean Marks

Contract status: free agent

What he did: Appeared in a career-high 25 games. Helped beat Toronto with career-high 16 points. Displayed nice touch from midrange and quick trigger. Didn't play in the playoffs.

What's next: May skip opportunity to play for New Zealand in the World Championships. Re-signing him isn't one of the team's top priorities, but it wouldn't be a surprise to see him back next season. Can play when given the opportunity and well liked by teammates.

Nazr Mohammed

What he did: Lost his starting job in training camp, regained it after the All-Star break, then lost it again in the playoffs. He is an effective rebounder, but the coaches were not happy with his help defense. Poor hands also didn't help his cause. Scored career-high 30 points against Phoenix.

What's next: Not expected to be back. Turned down a four-year extension before the start of the season and his role diminished in the playoffs. Should generate interest on the free-agent market. Hometown Chicago Bulls are a possible destination. Sign-and-trade a possibility.

Rasho Nesterovic

Contract status: three years, $23.5 million (2008-09 season at his option)

What he did: Started in place of Nazr Mohammed for first half of season. Good position defender, but struggled against athletic foes. Wasn't a strong rebounder, particularly for a 7-footer.

What's next: Expected to play for Slovenia in World Championships. Spurs will explore trade options for him, but they'll still need some type of center if Mohammed isn't re-signed. Not a bad defensive option given the right matchup — most of which are in the Eastern Conference.

Fabricio Oberto

Contract status: two years, $5 million (2007-08 season at his option)

What he did: Lacked the athleticism to be a high-minute guy and never really received the opportunity to show whether he could produce. Energy player, but sometimes ran into foul trouble. Spent much of season refining his shot.

What's next: Hard to say. His role could increase if Mohammed and/or Nesterovic leave. Or he might be traded to a team willing to give him more playing time. His contract isn't much of a drag on the payroll.

Tony Parker

Contract status: five years, $57.5 million

What he did: Became a first-time All-Star. Led team in scoring during regular season with 18.9 points per game. Despite battling injuries, much more consistent in playoffs than previous years. Became solid mid-range shooter — and dependable free-throw shooter — after working with shooting coach Chip Engelland.

What's next: Will continue to work on his shooting. Would like to become a dependable 3-point threat. Coaches want to see his decision-making and leadership skills improve. Just 24, he has the talent to become an All-Star regular, if not an MVP candidate.

Melvin Sanders

How he did this season: Bounced between the Spurs and NBDL. Signed and cut depending on health of other players. Decent defender, but received usual rookie treatment from officials. Left off playoff roster. Tore his right medial collateral ligament during practice last month.

What's ahead: His knee should be healed by the start of summer league. Expected to play on the Spurs' Rocky Mountain Revue entry. No guarantees after that. Has the work ethic to stick in the league, but needs to polish his offensive skills.

Beno Udrih

Contract status: two years, $2.7 million (2007-08 season at team option)

What he did: Relegated to third-string status, but filled in capably during brief stretches in the regular season. Talented, but his toughness still questioned by some. Didn't play much in the playoffs.

What's next: Expected to play for Slovenia in the World Championships. Needs to earn Popovich's confidence if he wants a future with the team. Could be traded if team wants a tough-minded veteran to back up Parker.

Nick Van Exel

What he did: He did not show up in good shape and battled bone spurs in his left elbow for much of the season. He never was productive enough to cut into Tony Parker's playing time. By season's end, he was fortunate to still have the backup job.

What's next: Possible surgery on his left elbow and a lot of golf. Has already said he's retiring and no one doubts him.

Spurs staff

Status: As of Tuesday evening, Sacramento officials had yet to ask the Spurs for permission to speak with P.J. Carlesimo about their head-coaching vacancy, but that could soon change. The Kings' level of interest in Carlesimo is up for speculation, but the team's owners have made it clear they would prefer a defensive-minded coach.

Denver also could have interest in Spurs assistant general manager Sam Presti, depending on which direction its search for a new general manager goes.

The Spurs hope to avoid having to overhaul their staff for the second year in a row. Director of basketball operations Danny Ferry and director of scouting Lance Blanks left for Cleveland last summer and advance scout Joe Prunty joined Avery Johnson's coaching staff in Dallas.

Kori Ellis
05-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Not that much new information but a good summary.

I hope they don't lose Presti.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Bigs situation.

El_Mago
05-24-2006, 03:30 PM
Come on, Chicago.

We've done trades before....let's do another one this summer.

Bruno
05-24-2006, 03:35 PM
I've posted this article today : http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42463

Nobody like my posts. :lol

Kori Ellis
05-24-2006, 03:36 PM
I've posted this article today : http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42463

Nobody like my posts. :lol

Sorry I thought someone might have, but the Search function is off. :)

Bruno
05-24-2006, 03:39 PM
I like the part on Horry and the training camp.
After 15 years in nba, he has realized that the season starts in novemeber and not in june.

El_Mago
05-24-2006, 03:41 PM
I was really disappointed with Oberto's play this season.

Maybe with some playing time he can get better, but it looks bleak as of now.

Bruno
05-24-2006, 03:45 PM
I've find Oberto not that bad but I think he isn't athletic enough to be a PF and will be better at center.
He will not be a great shotblocker but he can do a better defending center than PF.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-24-2006, 03:47 PM
Who I expect to see on the roster for '06-'07:

Duncan
Manu
Parker
Bowen
Finley
Horry
Rasho (primarily because I don't believe anyone really wants him)
Barry (see rasho)

Those eight core guys are a decent playoff roster in and of themselves. Pop should have the luxury of perhaps taking on some speed and youth for those last few roster spots.

clambake
05-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Great info. Could you give us the mavs breakdown? (not interested in mavs forums)

The one thing you might have overlooked? When Finley feels comfortable his contributions to the team could spiral downward. He may have played well because he needed to. Don't make him a starter.

CosmicCowboy
05-24-2006, 03:53 PM
Come on, Chicago.

We've done trades before....let's do another one this summer.

How can they keep mentioning Chicago unless it's just wishful thinking? The ONLY way I see a S&T with Nazr/Chicago happening is if the Spurs took back Tyson Chandlers awful contract...The only way the Spurs even MIGHT consider that is if they got next years NY first round pick as a sweetener...and I don't see that happening...

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-24-2006, 03:57 PM
How can they keep mentioning Chicago unless it's just wishful thinking? The ONLY way I see a S&T with Nazr/Chicago happening is if the Spurs took back Tyson Chandlers awful contract...The only way the Spurs even MIGHT consider that is if they got next years NY first round pick as a sweetener...and I don't see that happening...

:lol No doubt. I'm not sure how this talk of getting the Bulls 1st round pick is even a plausible argument unless we're discussing trading one of our key guys for it. You can bundle up all of the Nazr/Rasho/Barry combinations you want and that's not going to get the Spurs even a whiff of a lottery pick.

Old School Chic
05-24-2006, 04:00 PM
Rasho needs to go...

Sorry Angel

jabol130
05-24-2006, 04:11 PM
This sounds like a better thread to put my 2cents in about our roster next year than the Marcus Vinicius one. What do y'all think? The idea is to find a way to get Thomas (FA) and Pietrus from Golden State, then bring along Javtokas and Scola from Europe. This is all via getting rid of Nesterovic, Mohammed and Barry. How or in what way, I don't know but it may be possible.
"I know it's super premature but I can't help myself. We would get a Dirk stopper in Thomas and a better offensively Bowen like swingman in Pietrus.
1. Duncan, Javtokas, Oberto
2. Thomas, Scola, Horry
3. Bowen, Pietrus
4. Ginobilli, Finley
5. Parker (he better be much improved defensively), Udrih
And how about getting Speedy back. My wishfull thinking Spurs dream team is complete bring it on Pistons, Mavs or whoever."

strangeweather
05-24-2006, 04:13 PM
This is all via getting rid of Nesterovic, Mohammed and Barry. How or in what way, I don't know but it may be possible.

If you have your players assassinated, that frees up their cap space, right?

Old School Chic
05-24-2006, 04:13 PM
All I know is that we need some pretty good young guys for next season

CosmicCowboy
05-24-2006, 04:14 PM
This sounds like a better thread to put my 2cents in about our roster next year than the Marcus Vinicius one. What do y'all think? The idea is to find a way to get Thomas (FA) and Pietrus from Golden State, then bring along Javtokas and Scola from Europe. This is all via getting rid of Nesterovic, Mohammed and Barry. How or in what way, I don't know but it may be possible.
"I know it's super premature but I can't help myself. We would get a Dirk stopper in Thomas and a better offensively Bowen like swingman in Pietrus.
1. Duncan, Javtokas, Oberto
2. Thomas, Scola, Horry
3. Bowen, Pietrus
4. Ginobilli, Finley
5. Parker (he better be much improved defensively), Udrih
And how about getting Speedy back. My wishfull thinking Spurs dream team is complete bring it on Pistons, Mavs or whoever."

I am going to be uncharacteristically nice in answering your question.

Go here:

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

Read it and then figure out how you could make the trades you proposed happen.

MoSpur
05-24-2006, 04:15 PM
For some reason I think OSC is thinking in some other way.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-24-2006, 04:16 PM
All I know is that we need some pretty good young guys for next season

I'm with you. If we can avoid signing any ugly good young guys I'd be pleased. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing some ugly guy in a Spurs uniform!!!

polandprzem
05-24-2006, 04:16 PM
Man I feel so uncomfortable seeing another polish flag.

In my opinion spurs need some kind of freak.
Mental one or phisycal one

CosmicCowboy
05-24-2006, 04:19 PM
I'm with you. If we can avoid signing any ugly good young guys I'd be pleased. Nothing pisses me off more than seeing some ugly guy in a Spurs uniform!!!

http://news.xinhuanet.com/sports/2004-10/27/xinsrc_1321001270942405206208.jpg

that always pissed me off too!

jabol130
05-24-2006, 04:27 PM
I am going to be uncharacteristically nice in answering your question.

Go here:

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm

Read it and then figure out how you could make the trades you proposed happen.

I'm going to characterically nice in answering yours. Go here: http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

and then let me do some math for you. Next year's guaranteed contracts are at ab 60mil minus Nesterovic and Barry = 48mil. Assuming the cap stays at about 55mil that's 7mil under the cap + the MLE. And who says we can't go over since we did this year.

jabol130
05-24-2006, 04:29 PM
characteristically ;)

Vashner
05-24-2006, 04:31 PM
Ya'll that's fucked up to pick on the big chief....

Ya'll sound like Cuban with that ass comment.
The man has a Spurs champ ring .. DO YOU?

http://news.xinhuanet.com/sports/2004-10/27/xinsrc_1321001270942405206208.jpg

CosmicCowboy
05-24-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm going to characterically nice in answering yours. Go here: http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

and then let me do some math for you. Next year's guaranteed contracts are at ab 60mil minus Nesterovic and Barry = 48mil. Assuming the cap stays at about 55mil that's 7mil under the cap + the MLE. And who says we can't go over since we did this year.

You can't just make guaranteed contracts go away. You have to trade these players to other teams for equivalent contracts and those trades have to meet the very strict guidelines of the CBA.

the link I gave you explains how it works.

polandprzem
05-24-2006, 04:36 PM
jabol and his wish list :rolleyes

:)

Kori Ellis
05-24-2006, 04:37 PM
You can't just make guaranteed contracts go away. You have to trade these players to other teams for equivalent contracts and those trades have to meet the very strict guidelines of the CBA.

the link I gave you explains how it works.

I think he's saying that perhaps you could trade Rasho for example for some sort of expiring contract (say Danny Fortson for example) then next year, you'd have his cap space.

jabol130
05-24-2006, 04:41 PM
I know that. That's what minus Nesterovic and Barry means - is loosing them in a sign and trade (in case of Thomas) or a regular trade in case of Pietrus. We could get other teams involved. If Thomas is really interested in playing for Spurs why not? Pietrus contract is small and he may want to play with Parker.

T Park
05-24-2006, 04:42 PM
Id get whatever you could for

Barry, Mohammed, Nesterovic, Udrih, Oberto

clean house with the bigs, none of them are starting quality

polandprzem
05-24-2006, 04:45 PM
I don't get it why everybody want's to trade barry so badly ? ? ?

Ps. What's the GS cap space? Would Rasho fit to it? And if Rasho's gone then I do not want Nazr as only Bigman in SA team

MadDog73
05-24-2006, 04:46 PM
Id get whatever you could for

Barry, Mohammed, Nesterovic, Udrih, Oberto

clean house with the bigs, none of them are starting quality

That means we'd have to pick up a quality big and backup PG.

Not saying it's impossible, just saying maybe it'd be better to concentrate on getting one or the other?

I'd rather keep Beno and develop him, and get rid of the bigs for one quality big.

CosmicCowboy
05-24-2006, 04:48 PM

Ps. What's the GS cap space? Would Rasho fit to it? And if Rasho's gone then I do not want Nazr as only Bigman in SA team

GS payroll is 64.7 million (12.7 over)

T Park
05-24-2006, 04:49 PM

old

sucks

overrated

overpaid

plus there is a slight possibility you could get a youngin in return for him, so youd do it

El_Mago
05-24-2006, 04:52 PM
I don't think we can afford to get rid of both Rasho and Mohammed.

That would leave a huge gap at the Center position, and the chances of upgrading those positions would be extremely difficult.

Best bet would be to lose one via trade and grab us a SF in exchange.

Pop said Mohammed has value to the team, and we don't play Dallas all the time.

Quite frankly, I believe him. If we were playing Miami or Detriot, and maybe even Phoenix if Amare was there....we would be playing Mohammed.

I would much rather see Rasho leave, than Mohammed. But Mohammed would be easier since he has no contract at the moment, and the team we would be trading him to would actually be okay with the deal he would get.

Kori Ellis
05-24-2006, 04:56 PM
I would much rather Nazr leave than Rasho if we are picking one over the other. If you are going to get another center that is offensive minded, then Rasho is a good guy who can defend to have come off the bench. Nazr hasn't shown any improvement (regression?) on the defensive end in 1 1/2 seasons.

I don't mind losing them both if what we get back is good though.

It will be very interesting to see what happens with the bigs. My ideal team would have an athletic PF type next to Tim in the front court, not a protypical "center".

MoSpur
05-24-2006, 04:57 PM
Dwight Howard is the answer guys. Call up the Magic.

blaze89
05-24-2006, 04:59 PM
I haven't read the entire thread, so I may be off track, however...

...I wouldn't mind losing both if there is an improvement in that position. I'm certain that many of us, don't want to lose both Centers only to get replacement who are worse. In a perfect scenario, bring in a Center/Power Forward who are athletic enough and keep either Nazr or Rasho.

CosmicCowboy
05-24-2006, 04:59 PM

:lmao

blaze89
05-24-2006, 05:00 PM

The Knicks will take anyone, so it would have to be a three-team or multi-team deal.

Vashner
05-24-2006, 05:03 PM
My fantasy.. Timmy Yao Wow baby..

http://home.satx.rr.com/krograth/images/yao02.jpg

El_Mago
05-24-2006, 05:06 PM
I too would be in favor of losing both if something better comes in return, but that seems highly unlikely, unless were dealing with Isiah Thomas.

I like Mohammed's rebounding and actual physical demeanor. He seems a bit more athletic and is not afraid to go up for a put back slam...

Rasho can score, but we have enough scoring with Duncan, Manu, Tony, Finley, and if needed...Bowen from three point land. Rasho's defense is okay, but I personally don't feel his defense is consitent enough.

Actually, neither is real consistent, and thats why they both should leave, but that's unlikely because an upgrade looks bleak right now and we can't afford that big of a gap at the C position.

degenerate_gambler
05-24-2006, 05:14 PM
I would much rather Nazr leave than Rasho if we are picking one over the other. If you are going to get another center that is offensive minded, then Rasho is a good guy who can defend to have come off the bench. Nazr hasn't shown any improvement (regression?) on the defensive end in 1 1/2 seasons.

I don't mind losing them both if what we get back is good though.

It will be very interesting to see what happens with the bigs. My ideal team would have an athletic PF type next to Tim in the front court, not a protypical "center".

What struck me listening to Pop on his show yesterday was the fact that right away he stressed the need for addressing the backup PG situation, then made reference to adding a 'Derrick McKey" type for the 3 position. Then he said, and I'm paraphrasing "...then we'll figure out the bigs."

I can't see Pop getting rid of both Nazr & Rasho in favor of a 'versatile' lineup. But who knows, maybe the staff believes the league is changing and they better change with it.

CosmicCowboy
05-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Any word out of Atlanta on Al Harrington? Is he planning to leave as a FA? it's not like they are stacked at centers...I wonder if there is a deal there?

strangeweather
05-24-2006, 05:29 PM
Any word out of Atlanta on Al Harrington? Is he planning to leave as a FA? it's not like they are stacked at centers...I wonder if there is a deal there?

They reportedly had no interest in Rasho last year, and Nazr used to play for them -- IIRC, they traded him away.

El_Mago
05-24-2006, 05:38 PM
Harrington has expressed interest in staying with Atlanta, but it's not a definite.

He will definitely command more than the MLE and more than likely get it, so him becoming a spur seems a bit unlikely.

Kori Ellis
05-24-2006, 05:40 PM
Harrington made about $7M this season, right?

I don't know if he's worth that much to the Spurs.

SenorSpur
05-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Harrington has expressed interest in staying with Atlanta, but it's not a definite.

He will definitely command more than the MLE and more than likely get it, so him becoming a spur seems a bit unlikely.

He's expressed a strong desire to go to Chicago.

Kori Ellis
05-24-2006, 05:44 PM
I can't see Pop getting rid of both Nazr & Rasho in favor of a 'versatile' lineup. But who knows, maybe the staff believes the league is changing and they better change with it.

I'm not really talking about a versatile lineup with no real center. Timmy is the real center. So I'm moreso talking about adding a real PF next to him. Then maybe having bigs like Javtokas and/or Scola, Horry, etc on the bench. I wouldn't even mind Rasho here to come off the bench too.

El_Mago
05-24-2006, 05:49 PM
Yeah, Harrington has expressed interest in Chicago, Atlanta, and possibly Indiana once again.

Larry Legend might clean out house, and has talked about getting back Harrington.

CosmicCowboy
05-24-2006, 05:49 PM
I'm not really talking about a versatile lineup with no real center. Timmy is the real center. So I'm moreso talking about adding a real PF next to him. Then maybe having bigs like Javtokas and/or Scola, Horry, etc on the bench. I wouldn't even mind Rasho here to come off the bench too.

Yeah...I was just fantasizing about switching Harrington and Rasho in that scenario for about the same amount of dollars. He could be a monster with duncan to take pressure off him...

Bruno
05-24-2006, 05:53 PM

I think he will leave Atlanta and I really like him.
He will be quite expensive (around $50M/6 years) but he should be our starting PF.
I've thought about a way to get him and my better solution is a 3 way trade with Atlanta and Chicago :
Rasho + rights to Scola to Chicago
07 spurs first round pick (lotery protected) to Atlanta
Harrington to SA.

Our big men rotation should be :
PF : Harrington/Horry
C : Duncan/Javtokas/Oberto

ALVAREZ6
05-24-2006, 06:06 PM
Rasho needs to go...

Sorry Angel
I don't think he needs to go, Nazr without a doubt needs to go.

ploto
05-24-2006, 06:13 PM
I think you bring in someone athletic to play alongside Tim and keep Rasho for those situations in which you still need a defensive center. Nazr just never figured out how to do what he was "needed" for. Rasho on the other hand does do what he is supposed to do against those match-ups that are supposed to be his.

I am just amazed that someone said they prefer Nazr because they don't like Rasho's defense!! :lol

One more thing to consider-- people gripe about 3 years left on Rasho's contract- but would you really rather commit to 5 more years of Nazr because that is what he wants. He turned down 4 years and $25M last summer. The truth is that Rasho will be entering the last year of his contract about the time Ian is ready for the NBA. I don't think you still want 3 more years of Nazr after that time.

Bruno
05-24-2006, 06:47 PM
^^ I'm all for keeping Rasho and sign an athletic PF but the trouble with that scenario is that we will have some ddifficulties to stay under the Lux Tax threshold.

To stay under the tax, we have to spend less than $18M for players beside Duncan/Parker/Manu/Bowen/Finley/Horry (the obvious keepers).

- We go with the cheap solution for the backup PG spot : Beno/3rd sting for the min => cost $1.75M
- We go cheap for the end of the bench (only 13 player under contract, a 5th big for the min) => cost $1.5M ($750k fot the 5th big and $750k for the 13rd player)
- Rasho cost : $7.25M

That means that we have only $7.5M for the 4th swingman and for the athletic PF. If you can find a way to trade Barry + Oberto and get two players who fit that description, keeping Rasho and adding an athletic swingman can work.

ploto
05-24-2006, 06:56 PM
I know the salary cap percentage is going up again this year but is the luxury tax percentage going to stay the same? I can't remember.

Bruno
05-24-2006, 06:58 PM
I know the salary cap percentage is going up again this year but is the luxury tax percentage going to stay the same? I can't remember.

I think the tax percentage won't change.
The tax threshold was $61.7M last year and I've taken $63M for the computation.

ploto
05-24-2006, 07:25 PM
What struck me listening to Pop on his show yesterday was the fact that right away he stressed the need for addressing the backup PG situation, then made reference to adding a 'Derrick McKey" type for the 3 position. Then he said, and I'm paraphrasing "...then we'll figure out the bigs."

In Pop's post season comments yesterday earlier in the day, when he used the word versatile, it came after a statement about the nature of the NBA today and how one day you have to play big and the next day you have to play small. I think he is saying you need to try to be built for both. He also said that he is just concerned about positions and having depth at positions. I interpret that to mean what I posted elsewhere that he has in his mind all the roles you need filled to match-up in all the possible ways and how to fill those roles. For example, I would think that you make sure your perimeter guys are not all similar types- or you have 2 centers of different types for differing match-ups. I don't think you can expect each player to be versatile just the entire make-up of the team to be. But then again, I would have always assumed this to be the case.

exstatic
05-24-2006, 07:49 PM
Chopper - Normally I agree with you, but N.O. wanted Barry in Feb, when he was playing like SHIT, and they definitely want to move JR Smith. Barry did nothing but improve his trade stock, and 2/$10M isn't a bad contract.

A NICE trade would be to change it from Smith and crummy Euro for Barry to Smith and a S&T for Speedy for Barry or Barry and Beno. They supposedly want shooters and both our guys qualify and Beno is a cheaper backup for them who wouldn't have to play many minutes with Chris Paul at the helm.

Knoxville Spur
05-24-2006, 08:15 PM
What about Tayshaun Prince as the Bowen succesor?

I think Cassell is worth a look, but what about Bobby Jackson as an economical backup plan?

How about big men Tim Thomas and Keith Van Horn? Neither should be too expensive.

These guys are probably too expensive but you get them if you can: Stoyakovic, Al Harrington, Bonzi.

What about Ilgauskas and Gooden with Cleveland, both potential free agents?

strangeweather
05-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Chopper - Normally I agree with you, but N.O. wanted Barry in Feb, when he was playing like SHIT, and they definitely want to move JR Smith. Barry did nothing but improve his trade stock, and 2/$10M isn't a bad contract.

A NICE trade would be to change it from Smith and crummy Euro for Barry to Smith and a S&T for Speedy for Barry or Barry and Beno. They supposedly want shooters and both our guys qualify and Beno is a cheaper backup for them who wouldn't have to play many minutes with Chris Paul at the helm.

That trade would be a work of art. :tu

ploto
05-24-2006, 09:03 PM
Z just signed a new HUGE contract.

T Park
05-24-2006, 09:05 PM
What about Tayshaun Prince as the Bowen succesor

hittin the whiskey hard today are we?

strangeweather
05-24-2006, 09:10 PM
I think Cassell is worth a look, but what about Bobby Jackson as an economical backup plan?

Cassell is terrific if we want to trade Tony. But after nearly leading an inexperienced team to the WCF, I don't think he's looking for a backup job.

snowboarder
05-24-2006, 09:21 PM
Hey Kori sinceknow you have a lot of basketball knowledge could you possibly give us your input on what you think our lineup will look like next year? Thanks.

BgT
05-24-2006, 09:30 PM
What about Tayshaun Prince as the Bowen succesor?

How about big men Tim Thomas and Keith Van Horn? Neither should be too expensive.

These guys are probably too expensive but you get them if you can: Stoyakovic, Al Harrington, Bonzi.

You are insane.

exstatic
05-24-2006, 09:40 PM
Drew Gooden makes Nazr look like DRob on defense. Ole' doesn't even begin to cover it.

Guru of Nothing
05-24-2006, 09:56 PM
Spurs roster breakdown

Web Posted: 05/24/2006 12:00 AM CDT
Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

Bruce Bowen
Contract status: two years, $7.9 million (2007-08 season not fully guaranteed)

What he did: Defensive Player of Year runner-up for second season in a row. Ranked ninth in league in 3-point shooting. Improved at putting ball on floor when defenders close out. Started every game since Feb. 26, 2002.

What's next: Turns 35 soon, but still one of league's top perimeter defenders. Will try out for U.S. national team this summer. Figures to begin next season as starting small forward. Team still needs to find heir apparent.

According to Miss Bender, Quinton Ross' contract has a team option for 2008.

I'm no salary cap expert, but based upon what I observed this past week, a deal involving (sign and trades perhaps) Radmanovic and QRoss for Nazr appeals to me.

strangeweather
05-24-2006, 10:08 PM
According to Miss Bender, Quinton Ross' contract has a team option for 2008.

I'm no salary cap expert, but based upon what I observed this past week, a deal involving (sign and trades perhaps) Radmanovic and QRoss for Nazr appeals to me.

Why would it appeal to the Clippers? AFAIK, they love Ross.

Mark in Austin
05-24-2006, 10:19 PM

Cap experts, correct me if I am wrong here, but Chicago will be over 20 million under the cap this offseason. That means that they can take back more salary than they send out. If they wanted to, they could send the Spurs Deng for a S&T'd Nazr.

Guru of Nothing
05-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Cap experts, correct me if I am wrong here, but Chicago will be over 20 million under the cap this offseason. That means that they can take back more salary than they send out. If they wanted to, they could send the Spurs Deng for a S&T'd Nazr.

Is Chicago THAT desperate for big?

I assume Deng is not even an option for front-office maneuvers.

Nocioni, perhaps?

strangeweather
05-24-2006, 10:27 PM

If they have 20 million in cap space, they can just sign Nazr outright.

The only advantage to an S&T is that they could give him a 6-year deal, which really isn't that likely.

Mark in Austin
05-24-2006, 10:35 PM
If they have 20 million in cap space, they can just sign Nazr outright.

The only advantage to an S&T is that they could give him a 6-year deal, which really isn't that likely.

I'm just saying it's possible. It wasn't a prediction. I'd be curious who Chicago would give up if they had to choose between Red Bull and Deng this summer, though.

Guru of Nothing
05-24-2006, 10:36 PM
Why would it appeal to the Clippers? AFAIK, they love Ross.

Understandable, but roster issues might arise, with Maggette and Cuttino.

Maybe the Spurs would overpay a bit for Q; maybe not.

leemajors
05-24-2006, 10:37 PM
tayshaun just signed a rather large extension in the last year, he's not going anywhere for a long time.

strangeweather
05-24-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm just saying it's possible. It wasn't a prediction. I'd be curious who Chicago would give up if they had to choose between Red Bull and Deng this summer, though.

Nocioni was a monster in the postseason.

Push comes to shove, they trade Deng. But they want to get someone special back for him.

ploto
05-24-2006, 10:56 PM
I find it interesting that none of these articles ever mention Viktor. Are the Spurs trying to "hide" him- because he is the guy they hold the rights to that plays the spot we most need.

strangeweather
05-24-2006, 11:19 PM
I find it interesting that none of these articles ever mention Viktor. Are the Spurs trying to "hide" him- because he is the guy they hold the rights to that plays the spot we most need.

Remember, he's young and he didn't play at all last year. It's hard to give him too much ink, because nobody knows what he looks like on the court.

We'll see when summer ball rolls around.

Kori Ellis
05-25-2006, 12:07 AM

Didn't the Express-News article just last week say he was going to be in summer league?

SPARKY
05-25-2006, 12:07 AM
I'm seeing guys like Jumaine Jones and Bobby Jackson on the Spurs' radar. If they want to open up the vault at Holt Cat then there are other options.

Why would Chicago S&T with the Spurs if they are $20 mil under the cap?

Radmanovic is too much of a one dimensional shooter for my liking.

Harrington? Hmmm...for the right price he'd be fine. But you can't get him for the right price.

polandprzem
05-25-2006, 05:04 AM
old

sucks

overrated

overpaid

plus there is a slight possibility you could get a youngin in return for him, so youd do it

Yeah. A young who?
I would like to see that young guy in the playoffs.

Fuck. Nobody will be a reliable bench player in the PO (from the ppl you are presenting)

Spurs have no bench right now. Dammit. Horry is worthless, Pop not gonna play Oberto or Marks or beno or Rasho or everybody besides Starting five and 2 worthless players.

TDMVPDPOY
05-25-2006, 07:18 AM
CAVS are seekin to trade Z

exstatic
05-25-2006, 07:53 AM

I'd bite if they take Rasho and salary ballast. He makes big bucks, but he's fairly complete as a player on both ends of the floor.

J.T.
05-25-2006, 08:01 AM
I wonder if there's any chance the Spurs could pry Ben Wallace away from Detroit. He's a FA this season, and the prospect of Wallace and Bowen on the same team would be a Spurs fans wet dream come true. OPP PPG would be like 75. I don't think our Pistons friends here would be too happy about that.

I'll come crashing back down to Earth now.

degenerate_gambler
05-25-2006, 09:10 AM
He makes big bucks, but he's fairly complete as a player on both ends of the floor.

That squirrel he has stapled to his face has got to go though.

T Park
05-25-2006, 09:16 AM
Horry is worthless

spoken like a ture man who doesn't know shit about the game.

Spurs don't win the series vs Sacramento unless Horry plays big minutes.

Id trade Rasho, Oberto, and whoever else to get him.

Illgauskas in the right system is a decent defender and rebounder.

great jumper to free up the middle of Timmy.

Pretty much the player we expected Rasho to become.

leemajors
05-25-2006, 09:17 AM
That squirrel he has stapled to his face has got to go though.

z looks much better with the beard, he needs to keep it.

CubanMustGo
05-25-2006, 10:07 AM
I wonder if there's any chance the Spurs could pry Ben Wallace away from Detroit. He's a FA this season, and the prospect of Wallace and Bowen on the same team would be a Spurs fans wet dream come true. OPP PPG would be like 75. I don't think our Pistons friends here would be too happy about that.

I'll come crashing back down to Earth now.

Umm, in a word, no. Big Ben earned $7.4M this season, you can bet he'll get a good deal more next contract.

CosmicCowboy
05-25-2006, 10:17 AM
I agree that Big Ben will be a Piston next year but with the "new" NBA rules he may not get the huge raise we have all expected. I guarantee every GM in the league is looking at their roster doing +/- evaluations and trying to figure out how they will expend their limited dollars/flexibility to compete in the new era of "offense" basketball.

TDMVPDPOY
05-25-2006, 11:43 AM
TOP 25 FA's
1. Ben Wallace, PF/C, Detroit
2. Jason Terry, PG, Dallas
3. Peja Stojakovic, SF, Indiana (Player option)
4. Al Harrington, PF, Atlanta
5. Mike James, Toronto (Player option)
6. Chris Wilcox, PF, Seattle (Restricted)
7. Nene, PF/C, Denver (Restricted)
8. Drew Gooden, PF, Cleveland (Restricted)
9. Bonzi Wells, SG/SF, Sacramento
10. Matt Harpring, SG/SF, Utah
11. Joel Przybilla, C, Portland
12. Ronald Murray, Cleveland
13. Speedy Claxton, PG, New Orleans
14. Vladimir Radmanovic, SF/PF, LA Clippers
15. Jared Jeffries, Washington (Restricted)
16. James Posey, SG/SF, Miami (Player option)
17. Nazr Mohammed, C, San Antonio
18. Reggie Evans, PF, Denver
19. Keith Van Horn, SF/PF, Dallas
20. Sam Cassell, PG, LA Clippers
21. Alonzo Mourning, Miami
22. Fred Jones, Indiana (Restricted)
23. Ruben Patterson, Denver (Player option)
24. Bobby Jackson, PG/SG, Memphis
25. Francisco Elson, Denver (Restricted)

Take ur pick...james posey seem like a bust with the heat, wasntthe spurs chasin him b4 last season...

johngateswhiteley
05-25-2006, 11:58 AM

that would be one of my number one choices, if possible. i think z has been the second best center in the league until ming took over those honors. but i think he would be amazing next to duncan. if we could do that and somehow get speedy along with javtokas (if ready), i would be happy.

BgT
05-25-2006, 12:41 PM
TOP 25 FA's
1. Ben Wallace, PF/C, Detroit
2. Jason Terry, PG, Dallas
3. Peja Stojakovic, SF, Indiana (Player option)
4. Al Harrington, PF, Atlanta
5. Mike James, Toronto (Player option)
6. Chris Wilcox, PF, Seattle (Restricted)
7. Nene, PF/C, Denver (Restricted)
8. Drew Gooden, PF, Cleveland (Restricted)
9. Bonzi Wells, SG/SF, Sacramento
10. Matt Harpring, SG/SF, Utah
11. Joel Przybilla, C, Portland
12. Ronald Murray, Cleveland
13. Speedy Claxton, PG, New Orleans
14. Vladimir Radmanovic, SF/PF, LA Clippers
15. Jared Jeffries, Washington (Restricted)
16. James Posey, SG/SF, Miami (Player option)
17. Nazr Mohammed, C, San Antonio
18. Reggie Evans, PF, Denver
19. Keith Van Horn, SF/PF, Dallas
20. Sam Cassell, PG, LA Clippers
21. Alonzo Mourning, Miami
22. Fred Jones, Indiana (Restricted)
23. Ruben Patterson, Denver (Player option)
24. Bobby Jackson, PG/SG, Memphis
25. Francisco Elson, Denver (Restricted)

Take ur pick...james posey seem like a bust with the heat, wasntthe spurs chasin him b4 last season...
My pick? Ben Wallace!! :depressed

greens
05-25-2006, 01:41 PM
If it were up to me, I'd keep the CORE five players: Tim, Tony, Manu, Bruce, and Horry....and KEEP the new excellent addition in the form of Michael Finley who has proven to be a great player and a "class act" off court as well. He has truly fitted very well with the other players. And the bad situation with Terry just showed that he is a "class act". Plus he was phenomenal even in the games that the Spurs lost to Dallas. He can shoot threes very easily...

I'd trade everyone else, no matter if they get paid very little, we can still get a good trade...

I'd trade Barry and Rasho for sure because these guys get paid more than Bowen even though Bowen has started every single game since 2002...Bowen's minutes are crazy and he contributes in BIG ways for the Spurs, remember his brilliant blocks on Dirk and Chauncey Billups last year. Yet why does Barry and Rasho get more money? Barry can shoot three point shots...BUT he has made way TOO many mistakes this year and last year. It seems that everytime he is put in the game, right away, he makes a stupid mistake. Truly he is a nice guy who all the Spurs players like...but we need GREAT players on the team...

As for Rasho, why does this guy get paid SO MUCH money for SEATING? He barely has minutes and when he does, does he truly contribute? I don't think so. I haven't seen him do anything spectacular or whatever...

Nick Van Excel has said that he is retiring...so his spot is open...

Beno Udrih hasn't done much for the Spurs this year or last year, let's be honest. And the fact that he is so young and inexperienced can't be used as an excuse anymore. Tony is his age, and yet, look where he is...I know Beno's paycheck isn't big or anything...but still we can get a nice trade, I think...

I don't know about Nazr though because I really like him. I think he's a great player...BUT because he had already refused to sign a four year contract with the Spurs earlier this season, it seems obvious that he does not want to stay with us...so i'm sure he'll be traded...

I'm fine with all those trades as long as my favorite core five stay...now with the addition of Finley, everyone else is expendible...

Why does Bruce have the shortest contract? I don't get it. 2006-2007 year is guaranteed but 2007-2008 is partially guaranteed....Why would Pop not give him a longer contract? Is there actually someone who can do his job better than him? I mean Bruce was the lead vote getter this season in the All Defensive Team...all the coaches know how valuable he is...I mean many other teams would JUMP at the possibility of having him on their team! No one else can guard people the way he does...And so what if he's 34 right now...He certainly does not play as if he were over 30...I mean surely Pop and everyone else will never forget his amazing block on Dirk in Game 5 and his block of Chauncey Billups last year...that's just true talent...I want him to have a contract as long as Manu, Timmy, and Tony...And Horry, he needs a longer contract too...We need "big shot Bobby" on our team...

My fear is that I hope that in two years, the Spurs won't let Bruce and Horry go...The length of their contracts scares me...Just because they are not in their twenties anymore, it does not mean that they are old and don't have anything left. I'd feel a whole lot better if both of their contracts were way longer...

degenerate_gambler
05-25-2006, 01:46 PM
Why does Bruce have the shortest contract? I don't get it. 2006-2007 year is guaranteed but 2007-2008 is partially guaranteed....Why would Pop not give him a longer contract?

He'll be 35 next month.

greens
05-25-2006, 01:55 PM
But Horry is a year older than Bruce...and his contract is also 2 years...except that his second year is guaranteed in his case, but not, in Bowen's...

gospursgojas
05-25-2006, 02:07 PM
What's next: Expected to play for Argentina in World Championships this summer. If so, Spurs may reduce his workload at the start of season to keep him from tiring.

:wtf why cant Manu take some damn time off???

Didn't Pop "ask" Tony not to play in the Olympics, a few years back??? Why cant he do the same with Manu

polandprzem
05-25-2006, 03:23 PM
spoken like a ture man who doesn't know shit about the game.

Thank you!

Spurs don't win the series vs Sacramento unless Horry plays big minutes.
And?

8 seed Sacto - we know how they played the game but they were 8seed.
Vs the mavs? GMAB plus he is older and older. He would be great player if he had 10 yers less then he has now. Face it. the Horry time has passed

Id trade Rasho, Oberto, and whoever else to get him.

Illgauskas in the right system is a decent defender and rebounder.

great jumper to free up the middle of Timmy.

Pretty much the player we expected Rasho to become.

Yeah. maybe Ferry will agree on a deal Gooden + Z for Rasho + Oberto - what do you think?

ploto
05-25-2006, 05:43 PM
People really want to commit 4 years and $45M to Ilguaskas or 5 years and $55M to Chandler!!

Bruno
05-25-2006, 07:03 PM
People really want to commit 4 years and $45M to Ilguaskas or 5 years and $55M to Chandler!!

For Ilgauskas, No.
For Chandler, Yes.

Spurs haven't a lot of trade assets. If we want to change things for next year we have to take some risks :
- either with euros who are rookies.
- either with overpaid players.
- either with injury-prone players.
- either with bad attitutdes players.

We haven't enough quality things to trade to get a perfect player.

greens
05-25-2006, 07:09 PM
For Ilgauskas, No.
For Chandler, Yes.

Spurs haven't a lot of trade assets. If we want to change things for next year we have to take some risks :

I'd take the risk with euros who are rookies. Some young players have incredible talents that people don't even know about yet...

The overpaid players thing, I would not touch. We don't have enough money to just throw it away on one expensive player...

Injury-prone is a huge liability. We might get a player who will be seating on the bench for lots of games due to whatever injury they have...and for us, it does not add to anything...

Bad attitudes players...never...lol...I'm proud of the Spurs players, coach, and the organization because of their values. They have kind and generous people. I would not want to ruin that by adding someone who's got attitude issues because that would create problems within the team and cause drama. I would always take quality over quantity. For me, personality is just as important as talent.

So I LOVE your first option, bring new Euro rookies here...

strangeweather
05-25-2006, 07:18 PM
For Ilgauskas, No.
For Chandler, Yes.

I agree, but the key to all of those is finding overlooked players that become undervalued so you can make smart gambles rather than poor one.

Find Euro rookies that can really develop into players. The Spurs have tapped into this one repeatedly.

Find overpaid players that can be worth their salary in a different situation. Canonical example: conventional wisdom was that Phoenix completely overpaid for Nash, except that he was so valuable to them that he was worth it. Find the perfect piece for your system, and he may be worth the dumb contract. Find overpaid guys that don't fit well together, and you're Isaiah.

Find players who have a bad rap for injuries, but that you have reason to think can make a full recovery and stay healthy. Otherwise, you're sitting on Penny Hardaway's contract.

Find guys who have a bad attitude rep because they didn't mesh somewhere else, but that you think you will fit better on your team. Preferably, they won't simply be stone crazy like Dennis Rodman.

If you make smart gambles on guys, you'll usually come out ahead. If you make random ones based on whoever you can find, you'll just bury the team deeper for next year.

Bruno
05-25-2006, 07:27 PM
If you make smart gambles on guys, you'll usually come out ahead. If you make random ones based on whoever you can find, you'll just bury the team deeper for next year.

When you makes a gamble, it seems always smart.
After it's a story of talent and luck.

strangeweather
05-25-2006, 07:32 PM
When you makes a gamble, it seems always smart.
After it's a story of talent and luck.

I don't disagree with that. And the surest thing in the world can crap out on you.

But some teams are smart and do their homework well, and others don't. Look at the Pistons: they pretty much built that team out of players that any team could have had if they had tried. But the Pistons knew what they wanted and they found the right guys to play together.

Bruno
05-25-2006, 07:41 PM
I don't disagree with that. And the surest thing in the world can crap out on you.

But some teams are smart and do their homework well, and others don't. Look at the Pistons: they pretty much built that team out of players that any team could have had if they had tried. But the Pistons knew what they wanted and they found the right guys to play together.

Every team makes mistakes :
- Pistons have drafted Darko over Anthony/Wade/bosh
- Spurs have signed Malik to a big extension.
- Phoniw has traded Deng and signed Richardson.

My theory is what make the difference between a good front office and a bad front office is that when the good front office make a mistake, it try to solve it while the bad front office sticks with its mistakes.

exstatic
05-25-2006, 08:45 PM
Considering SA paid the following for their centers last year:
Rasho Nesterovic ............. $6,720,000
Nazr Mohammed ................ $5,500,000
Fabricio Oberto .............. $2,325,000

Z averages about 30 minutes, 15-16 points, 8 boards and 2 blocks. Since his deal averages about $11M, it's probably about $9.5M for next year, going up for there. He plays D, has a polished post game and a nice jumper, and shoots between 75-80% from the FT line. If we let Nazr walk, and they'll take Rasho's shorter cheaper deal + ballast, you do the deal.

strangeweather
05-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Every team makes mistakes :
- Pistons have drafted Darko over Anthony/Wade/bosh
- Spurs have signed Malik to a big extension.
- Phoniw has traded Deng and signed Richardson.

My theory is what make the difference between a good front office and a bad front office is that when the good front office make a mistake, it try to solve it while the bad front office sticks with its mistakes.

That definitely has something to do with it. But I still think that batting average has a lot to do with it.

Also, I think some teams are especially good at some aspects of personnel management:

The Pistons built a championship team out of castoffs and second chancers, then finally got a premium pick and made the worst draft blunder since Sam Bowie.

The Spurs have a surprising success rate with foreign players taken with low picks, but they're hit and miss in free agency.

The Knicks have actually drafted fairly well under Isaiah, but it has been dwarfed by their stunning incompetence with trades and free agency.

megamanu
05-25-2006, 09:32 PM
Does anyone think we can aquire Viktor Khryapa from Portland? He seems to be just what the Spurs need- a young long small forward with a good defensive attitude.

Spurologist
05-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Does anyone think we can aquire Viktor Khryapa from Portland? He seems to be just what the Spurs need- a young long small forward with a good defensive attitude.

:lol Is there a "crap" sound in his name.

I saw him in limited minutes this season and I wasn't too impressed. He is only slightly better than Oberto because he has a better jumper.

Welcome to the forum megamanu. Enjoy.

megamanu
05-25-2006, 09:42 PM
Thanks, I'm glad to be here. He's still a young player and will improve, but he at least hustles- one of the few players on that team with a good attitude. He does the little things, and seems like a spurs type of player.

SPARKY
05-25-2006, 10:12 PM
Ilgauskas + Evans? Hmmm...

TDMVPDPOY
05-25-2006, 10:12 PM
james jones anyone? werent the spurs lookin at him at the start of teh season b4 he bolted to the suns, i dont think the suns are goin to resign him since they need to sign diaw...and can they handle 4 max contracts

SPARKY
05-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Thomas would be nice but he's turned down the Spurs already this year.

Leetonidas
05-25-2006, 10:16 PM
james jones anyone? werent the spurs lookin at him at the start of teh season b4 he bolted to the suns, i dont think the suns are goin to resign him since they need to sign diaw...and can they handle 4 max contracts

James Jones would be great, but I'm not sure of his contract situation.

TDMVPDPOY
05-25-2006, 10:18 PM
demarr johnson (DOB 5/5/80) of the nuggetz 6'9 201lbs, another dude who had a car accident, plays no defense, but if under spurs he can play d or improve his game

yaroslav korolev (5/7/87) clippers 6'9 203lbs

TDMVPDPOY
05-25-2006, 10:19 PM
Thomas would be nice but he's turned down the Spurs already this year.

tim thomas? no way, his a guy with alot of potential but he doesnt show it on the court.

TDMVPDPOY
05-25-2006, 10:22 PM
James Jones would be great, but I'm not sure of his contract situation.

dob 10/04/80 26yrs old
6'8 225lbs SF
his contract
05/06 $2,400,000
06/07 $2,652,000
07/08 $2,904,000
08/09 $3,156,000 player option

TDMVPDPOY
05-25-2006, 10:25 PM
demarr johnson is a FA end of this season, we should try and get this bugger, he was earnin the league minimum this year, give him a decent offer, i give him the LLE.

Spurologist
05-25-2006, 10:34 PM
tim thomas? no way, his a guy with alot of potential but he doesnt show it on the court.

Are you watching the playoffs at all this year?