PDA

View Full Version : Jeb Bush The Next Paul Tagliabue?

Nbadan
05-24-2006, 03:37 PM
http://www.rightwingnews.com/jeb.jpg
Better the NFL than the WH

"TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida Gov. Jeb Bush said he was privately approached about his interest in becoming the NFL's next commissioner.

Bush said Tuesday the issue was discussed at a recent meeting with Patrick Rooney Sr., according to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel."

Rooney's brother is Dan Rooney, owner of Super Bowl champion Pittsburgh Steelers and co-chair of the search committee looking to replace the retiring Paul Tagliabue.

"I met with Mr. Rooney and I said, `I'm doing my job until I'm finished and then I'm going to consider other things,'" Bush told the newspaper.

Bush has said he will not run for president in 2008. His final term as governor ends in January, although he doesn't believe NFL officials will hold the position open until then."

LA Times (http://www.latimes.com/sports/football/nfl/wire/sns-ap-fbn-jeb-bush-nfl-commissioner,1,4172794.story)

Talk about Bush league! I guess the NFL is tired of running without constant deficits.

Nbadan
05-24-2006, 03:43 PM
Here is one blogger to the Sporting News (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=94928) thinks:

Don't you all see that this is the best way to expand the sport overseas. Every country that W invades will get a NFL franchise from Jebb. Iraq will have a franchise before LA does. Rumor has it Jebb will announce that the 2015 superbowl is going to be played in Baghdad

JoeChalupa
05-24-2006, 04:03 PM
:lmao

exstatic
05-24-2006, 08:58 PM
In a surprise move, every player on the All NFL team was traded to the Tampa Bay Bucs or the Miami Dolphins who met in the Super Bowl every year for two decades, until Jeb and special assistant Kathleen Harris retired. There was no recount.

Yonivore
05-24-2006, 09:20 PM
In a surprise move, every player on the All NFL team was traded to the Tampa Bay Bucs or the Miami Dolphins who met in the Super Bowl every year for two decades, until Jeb and special assistant Kathleen Harris retired. There was no recount.
Doesn't your brain get tired from alternately thinking of certain people as diabolical and stupid all at the same time?

exstatic
05-24-2006, 09:35 PM
It was supposed to be dry humor. Guess you ducked, and it went over your head. A bit sensitive, aren't we?

Yonivore
05-24-2006, 09:40 PM
It was supposed to be dry humor. Guess you ducked, and it went over your head. A bit sensitive, aren't we?
It's hard to tell. Your dry humor differs little from your critical political punditry.

Guru of Nothing
05-24-2006, 10:17 PM
Let me guess, Isiah Thomas is choice B. ??

JoeChalupa
05-25-2006, 12:22 PM
Jeb will fumble.

sickdsm
05-25-2006, 01:03 PM
Welcome to one year ago.

turambar85
05-25-2006, 01:28 PM
It's a bloody shame that little Jeb won't be running for President. After all, big brother W. said that Jeb would be a "great president," which is, in essence, like the kiss of death.