PDA

View Full Version : Hugo Chavez Taunts 'The Last Days of The American Empire"

Nbadan
05-24-2006, 04:26 PM
http://www.voanews.com/english/images/afp_venezuela_hugo_chavez_15may06_195_1.jpg
stole the Democratic Party platform

Sunday May 14, 2006
The Observer

Venezuela's president Hugo Chavez arrives in London today with an extraordinary promise to offer cut-rate heating oil for needy families in Europe, modelled on a similar campaign in the US which has been seen partly as a bid to embarrass President George Bush.

Last night Chavez also issued a taunting obituary for the 'American empire' on the eve of a visit where he will be shunned by Downing Street but welcomed by London Mayor Ken Livingststone.

Chavez said in Vienna yesterday that the 'final hours of the North American empire have arrived ... Now we have to say to the empire: "We're not afraid of you. You're a paper tiger."

Observer (http://observer.guardian.co.uk/world/story/0,,1774649,00.html)

Yonivore
05-24-2006, 05:01 PM
That fucker's in for one helluva paper cut.

Johnny Cakes
05-24-2006, 05:14 PM
Hugo could use a back rub.

xrayzebra
05-24-2006, 06:16 PM
Folks, don't sell this guy short. He has many folks in his part of the country on his
side. More and more pols in that part of the country are going for that crap.
Mexico could very well be the next. And how many of their citizens are coming here?
Just think about it.

exstatic
05-24-2006, 08:36 PM
Folks, don't sell this guy short. He has many folks in his part of the country on his
Mexico could very well be the next. And how many of their citizens are coming here?
Just think about it.
Mexico WILL be next if we close the border tight.

no jobs + no hope = REVOLUTION. It will be a bigger asshole controlling more oil ON OUR FUCKING DOORSTEP.

As an aside, I got a good laugh driving through my sub the other day. This stupid prick had an anti immigration placard on his lawn, something about 'Stop the invasion!". I wanted to knock on his door and ask if he thought it was a crew of 5-6 US citizens that cuts his lawn for 25 bucks. I'm sure the lawn crew got a laugh too, knowing how fucking clueless he must be.

Phenomanul
05-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Just think about it.

Vicente Fox and Hugo Chavez have very dissenting opinions... to the point where they had a media altercation...

Comparing them, ergo is like comparing apples and oranges...

smeagol
05-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Vicente Fox and Hugo Chavez have very dissenting opinions... to the point where they had a media altercation...

Comparing them, ergo is like comparing apples and oranges...
I believe he is comparing Chavez to the potential successor of Fox, Lopez Obrador, who is another idiot just like Chavez, Morales, Kirchner, etc, etc, etc.

xrayzebra
05-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Fox is on his way out. New elections in July and they have a
commie running for President who, although now losing points,
was a front runner and making all kinds of waves for Fox.

Fox won't meet with one of his would-be replacements

Web Posted: 05/26/2006 12:00 AM CDT

Dane Schiller
Express-News Mexico Bureau Chief

MEXICO CITY — President Vicente Fox rejected a fiery request by populist presidential candidate Andrés Manuel López Obrador that the two meet face-to-face to discuss whether the federal government is using its resources to unfairly and perhaps illegally influence voters.

As Mexico heads toward the July 2 election, López Obrador, who has fallen in most voter opinion polls, is seen as already trying to make his case to the people that if he loses, it will be because the federal government stole the race.

López Obrador contends Fox, who's forbidden by law from being re-elected or campaigning, is using public-service announcements to woo voters for his National Action Party's Felipe Calderón by asking people to continue to support reforms started under the Fox administration.

López Obrador, a former mayor of Mexico City, is the candidate of the leftist Democratic Revolution Party, or PRD.

In a letter, a copy of which was released by Fox's office Thursday, López Obrador is told that his concerns can be aired with Fox's interior minister, who unlike his U.S. counterpart doesn't deal with environmental issues, but with internal government operations.

The letter, from Fox's personal secretary Emilio Goicoechea Luna, goes on to insist the Fox administration is following the law and notes the president has vowed there will be "impartial" elections.

"Apart from the different value judgments expressed in your letter, and the different points of view," the letter states, "there is a shared idea that we are approaching an election by the people in which people believe in the credibility of their vote."

Mexico City political scientist Juan Pardinas said he doubts López Obrador thought his request, which was made via a letter, would result in a meeting with Fox, but that López Obrador is trying find ways to make himself look like the peacemaker and cast Fox as the bad guy.

In the letter to Fox, López Obrador offered his first public apology for comparing Fox to a cackling bird and telling him to shut up.

The insult, repeated multiple times on the campaign trail, is a battle cry for many of López Obrador's supporters, and is printed on bumper stickers sold by the campaign.

The bravado was seized by opponents trying to convince voters that López Obrador would be an authoritarian president, like Venezuelan leader Hugo Chávez, with no patience for disagreement.

"I realize I made a mistake in a moment of anger," López Obrador states in the letter. "It goes against the spirit of my campaign."

In related action, an electoral arm of the federal government ruled this week that the National Action Party has to halt defamatory ads that contend López Obrador is a danger to the nation.

Online at: http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/mexico/stories/MYSA052606.08A.amlo_no.218f19d2.html

Phenomanul
05-26-2006, 10:17 AM
I believe he is comparing Chavez to the potential successor of Fox, Lopez Obrador, who is another idiot just like Chavez, Morales, Kirchner, etc, etc, etc.

Now that I could agree with.... of course, in the eyes of the world (or in this case the mexican public) building a fence doesn't exactly help the US' cause... as it tries to portray itself as a cooperative democratic nation.....

Oh, Gee!!
05-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Hugo could use a back rub.

with extreme prejudice.

Starring Steven Seagall as the Martial Arts Masseur