PDA

View Full Version : JT the Brick... Spurs homer

Budkin
05-24-2006, 09:56 PM
Was listening to JT at halftime and he flat out said the Spurs were better than all four teams left even though they lost a squeaker to Dallas. He said that if they were to get a call next week that they were down 0-3 to the Suns they would go 4-0 and said that he would be proclaiming them champs right now. He mentioned Dallas getting bailed out by a miracle 3 pt play. Take it as you will but it's really annoying me that the Spurs were eliminated already. It just seems wrong on so many levels. Oh well...

dav4463
05-24-2006, 11:27 PM
JT was pretty angry after the refs decided games three and four also. He must subscribe to the theory that Skip Bayless pointed out...that the NBA is trying to rid itself of the defensive minded, pound it inside, style of the Spurs and Pistons because of low ratings.

leemajors
05-24-2006, 11:36 PM
his 8 mile bit last year during the finals was pretty funny.

unartested
05-25-2006, 12:01 AM
Who told you that????

You want to buy a river??? It is real close and you know it always rains in Texas...

unartested
05-25-2006, 12:11 AM
About what?????? THE PLOT????

Ok tell me all about it............

unartested
05-25-2006, 12:11 AM
I hope stern is involved..... I hate that guy....lol

blaze89
05-25-2006, 12:25 AM
Who told you that????

You want to buy a river??? It is real close and you know it always rains in Texas...

Is there a van parked by the river?

unartested
05-25-2006, 12:30 AM
For the right price there could be...lol

DubMcDub
05-25-2006, 01:05 AM
Last I checked, the team that loses a 7 game series does not get the benefit of claiming they are a "better team" than the team that beat them.

Last I checked, the best of 7 system is HOW we determine who the better team is in the first place.

Louie Vega
05-25-2006, 01:34 AM
Last I checked, the team that loses a 7 game series does not get the benefit of claiming they are a "better team" than the team that beat them.

Last I checked, the best of 7 system is HOW we determine who the better team is in the first place.

Last I checked you were and still are an asshole.
Last I checked Spurs have 3 titles and mavs have none.
Last I checked the Spurs never had a series handed to them by Stern and the Refs.

DubMcDub
05-25-2006, 01:36 AM
Last I checked you were and still are an asshole.
Last I checked Spurs have 3 titles and mavs have none.
Last I checked the Spurs never had a series handed to them by Stern and the Refs.

Playing the ref card...nice. I hope that makes you feel better.

As for everything else you said, it's in no way relevant. We're talking about this year, and the ridiculous assertion that the Spurs "still are the better team" THIS YEAR. No, you're not.

T Park
05-25-2006, 01:40 AM
the rediculous thing is you still here posting after being told your not wanted here.

objective
05-25-2006, 03:23 AM
as an aside about JT . . .

back when the Spurs won the 97 lottery, JT was saying the Spurs should trade the #1 pick to boston for the #3 and #6, and that's what he would do.

unartested
05-25-2006, 10:34 AM

:spin Somehow that is not fair........

:spin There must be another way.... :spin :spin

:spin I demand a recount.................. :spin

DDS4
05-25-2006, 10:52 AM
Factoid: This will be the first June since 1998 that the Western Conference is not represented in the NBA Finals by either the San Antonio Spurs or Los Angeles Lakers.

I'm so sad right now.

spur219
05-25-2006, 12:01 PM
After evaluating this. I can't say that the better team won the series. But I cant' also say that the better team lost the series. This series could of gone the other way with the matter of 1 or 2 different calls.

So to say that Dallas is clearly the better team is not a true statement. But to say that the Spurs are the better team is also not a clear statement. Both teams are incredibly even. And its tough to say who the overall better team is. It all depends on who plays better than particular night and who gets the ball to bounce their way at the end.

AlvinRobertsonrocksjail
05-25-2006, 12:26 PM
luck sometimes works in your favor and sometimes it bust your balls..

sickdsm
05-25-2006, 12:35 PM
the rediculous thing is you still here posting after being told your not wanted here.

Heard that one before...........

:lol

A year's gone by now though so your out of my sig.

texlawman
05-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Last I checked the Spurs lost two games on their home floor. The refs had nothing to do with that. Guys you have a great team, but we won fairly.

I'm concerned about Phoenix though. Hopefully we can retool and come out on top.