PDA

View Full Version : The most resilient team EVER!!!

BillsCarnage
05-24-2006, 10:31 PM
That's why they play the games!

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-24-2006, 10:32 PM
Good win and it will shut up Mav Fan for a day...

Dunc
05-24-2006, 10:33 PM
Great game.

JamStone
05-24-2006, 10:47 PM
I won't be impressed until the Phoenix Suns score 200 points in a regulation game.

Dunc
05-24-2006, 10:50 PM
I won't be impressed until the Phoenix Suns score 200 points in a regulation game.

I still think in triple OT it's possible... especially if the Suns play the heat in the Finals :lol

BillsCarnage
05-24-2006, 10:55 PM

Most points, both teams, first half
174-Phoenix (107) vs. Denver (67), November 10, 1990

174 so it was close, and no OT.

Dunc
05-24-2006, 10:56 PM
Most points, both teams, first half
174-Phoenix (107) vs. Denver (67), November 10, 1990

174 so it was close, and no OT.

Numbers in paranthesis are first half? Goddamn, that's sick.

RON ARTEST
05-24-2006, 10:56 PM
wow im so freaking happy right now! what a win for the suns.

BillsCarnage
05-24-2006, 11:00 PM
Numbers in paranthesis are first half? Goddamn, that's sick.

yeah, paranths are 1st half. I was at that game and that's back when Wetzel or Westhead, i think, coached the Nuggets. If you thought todays teams were run and gun with no D, that was nothing compared to that Nuggets team. I think the coach lasted a year or two. Absolutely ZERO defense.

JamStone
05-24-2006, 11:03 PM
In all seriousness, I have officially converted into someone who can realistically see the Phoenix Suns winning it all this year.

Their unconventional line-up and unbelievably fast pace is so difficult to completely shut down. Down nine points with less than what three minutes to go in the game and they score like it's no sweat. That's crazy, even against a team that is only marginally good defensively.

Suns would run all over the Heat.

Suns would tire out the Pistons by game 3.

Rebounding is obviously the key for the Suns, but they seem to hang for the most part against almost any team in the rebounding department.

I'm not saying Suns are the favorite now. But, I can definitely see them having a shot at it.

And, oh how a lot of people, including myself, would be eating crow if Steve Nash was to lead a team to a championship.

Still a long way to get to that point. But, still something to think about ...

Dunc
05-24-2006, 11:11 PM
In all seriousness, I have officially converted into someone who can realistically see the Phoenix Suns winning it all this year.

Their unconventional line-up and unbelievably fast pace is so difficult to completely shut down. Down nine points with less than what three minutes to go in the game and they score like it's no sweat. That's crazy, even against a team that is only marginally good defensively.

Rebounding is obviously the key for the Suns, but they seem to hang for the most part against almost any team in the rebounding department.

I'm not saying Suns are the favorite now. But, I can definitely see them having a shot at it.

And, oh how a lot of people, including myself, would be eating crow if Steve Nash was to lead a team to a championship.

That was going through my head tonight too. Just so hard, if not impossible to shut down. Everybody can shoot from everywhere. They have no fear, either, and for such a good team they play like they have nothing to lose. One thing I can't get over is how they react to big buckets against them. You hit a big three, they immediately score within 4 seconds. Posterize somebody? Open layup at the other end before you can even turn your head to see it. Things that normally change momentum in a game and can force a timeout are immediately reversed on you. It's just bizarre to watch.

BillsCarnage
05-24-2006, 11:12 PM
When there's only four teams left you bet they have a shot. Still the odds are stacked against them.

As much as everyone has touted the Mavs D, they can't - for whatever reason - hold a lead against the Suns. The last reg season game in Dallas the Mavs led by 11 or so with about 3-4min left and the Suns came back to win.

If the Suns get out rebounded by 8-11 boards they'll take that. It's when the difference is @ 20 that they are in trouble.

True, but as you said, still a ways to go. It's only one game.

DDS4
05-24-2006, 11:17 PM

I think the recipe to beat the Suns is partly found in the Western Conference Finals last year when the Spurs beat them in 5. Granted, there are different players, but the system is the same.

The key is transition defense, transition defense, transition defense.

You can run with the Suns. Just do it selectively.

And get stops at the end when you need to.

The Genius
05-24-2006, 11:55 PM
When there's only four teams left you bet they have a shot. Still the odds are stacked against them.

As much as everyone has touted the Mavs D, they can't - for whatever reason - hold a lead against the Suns. The last reg season game in Dallas the Mavs led by 11 or so with about 3-4min left and the Suns came back to win.

If the Suns get out rebounded by 8-11 boards they'll take that. It's when the difference is @ 20 that they are in trouble.

True, but as you said, still a ways to go. It's only one game.

Hmmm. An intelligent post. Indeed.

JMarkJohns
05-25-2006, 12:26 AM
Suns have to do a better job on the defensive glass. They have to limit the total to around 12-15. Anything more and they are begging for a loss.

I figured once Howard went down, Phoenix would really keep things close in reguards to rebounding. If Bell misses time and D'Antoni's forced to play a Nash/Marion/Jones/Thomas/Diaw lineup for 15-20 minutes, it could help some.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-25-2006, 12:53 AM
I admire the Suns scrappiness... TWO 7 Game series, against Tough Matchups that had the defensive upperhand. One progressively tougher than the other...

If Nash actually leads this underdog-Amare-less team to the Finals, then all the critics will shut up.

A Finals appearance will further validate his elite status as a player.

atxrocker
05-25-2006, 01:12 AM
pheonix is playing good ball without amare, if he was playing i would have to say this series would be in the suns favor. i would love to see them do it. diaw had a monster game, if he stays consistent he could be invaluble.

Trainwreck2100
05-25-2006, 01:21 AM
you resilient fuckers better win

Frenchise player
05-25-2006, 02:13 AM
Suns are a tough team for the Mavs.
Avery Johnson was a big part of why the Mavs won against the Spurs. I can see Nash playing the same role.
The only problem is that I don't think Diaw can play that well for 4 games, he is not that dominant yet.
Is there a point where the Suns will be tired? They must have the best phisical condition in the league. Diaw and Marion are averaging more than 40 minutes per game and they have no other "big men".
The Mavs are deeper, healthier, have a lot of confidence after beating the Spurs and they also have the stronger lineup.
It is still Dallas series to lose.

JMarkJohns
05-25-2006, 02:44 AM
you resilient fuckers better win

I'll do what I can :rollin

austinfan
05-25-2006, 08:58 AM
I love the chemistry between Nash, Diaw and Marion. In fact, I just flat out love Diaw's game--he's one of my favorite players in the League and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for him.

Phoenix, pull this one out for us Cuban-haters. :)

MadDog73
05-25-2006, 09:15 AM
I'm done doubting the Suns. I picked them to lose against the Lakers. Then the Clippers. Now the Mavs.

I would not be surprised to see them take the first game against Det or the Heat...