PDA

View Full Version : Mavtalk.com - Always the ass of the sports forums

BillsCarnage
05-25-2006, 12:31 AM
http://www.mavtalk.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=005378

And they wonder why everyone hates them..

RON ARTEST
05-25-2006, 12:34 AM
http://www.mavtalk.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=005378

And they wonder why everyone hates them..
i still think the mavs are gonna win this series anyway. they are a great road team so this game was more important to the suns then dallas.

Kori Ellis
05-25-2006, 12:35 AM
i still think the mavs are gonna win this series anyway. they are a great road team so this game was more important to the suns then dallas.

Who cares about the series. This thread is about them bragging about spamming our forum.

Dunc
05-25-2006, 12:35 AM
Classy fuckers.

Kori Ellis
05-25-2006, 12:36 AM
It's not just Mavtalk.com.. This is from Dallas-Mavs.com the night before Game 7 ...

I'm gonna troll the **** out out both main spurs sites monday night. With the assistance of a dynamic IP.

Losers.

ShoogarBear
05-25-2006, 12:40 AM
Of course they're losers. They're Mavs Fans. One series victory followed by no championship isn't going to change the fact they're losers.

unartested
05-25-2006, 12:41 AM
:hang LMAO!!!!!!!!!!

:lmao :lmao :rollin :lmao :lmao :violin

That is a funny thread.....

Melmart1
05-25-2006, 12:41 AM
Well....I've been trolling for a while. You can see my messages on there. I was named Tony-Mavs, then they banned me. So then I changed it to Tony C, I have a lot of comments on there. I rubbed it in big time. They were talking a lot of trash after their game 6 win and I had to take up for our mavs. Of course they were on there crying about the final play with duncan. Saying that dirk fouled him. I was also at game 2 and 5 in SA wit my dirk jersey and my face painted. I've been rubbing it in for a while. I'm so glad we beat those ****ers!!!

So the loser gets banned, then publically tells everyone that he got around the ban? I think this is that racist asshole that was telling Spurs fans to make him a burrito. Then they wonder why almost nobody here wants the Mavs to win?

PS- Kori I think you should ban him again just on principle ;) Or maybe I just don't like him! :lol

Kori Ellis
05-25-2006, 12:43 AM
So the loser gets banned, then publically tells everyone that he got around the ban? I think this is that racist asshole that was telling Spurs fans to make him a burrito. Then they wonder why almost nobody here wants the Mavs to win?

Well he didn't really getting around getting banned. He got banned with a few other people. Then next morning, I unbanned them all but I saw he had already created another screenname. So I just left it. It's not like he "got over" on anyone.

Ironically, he was almost re-banned earlier tonight for the same racist stuff. But I decided to let him have another chance, so I emailed him and politely asked him to behave.

milkyway21
05-25-2006, 12:44 AM
i never been top any Mavs fans forum.

but this just confirmed it-how bad mavs fans can really be.

what an embarrassment:huh

Pistons < Spurs
05-25-2006, 12:46 AM
lol how pathetic

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-25-2006, 12:53 AM
Expecting less from Mavs fans would be foolhardy.

DubMcDub
05-25-2006, 01:04 AM
I really like the way you all are clamoring about how "lame Mavs fans are" for trolling your forums while completely ignoring the fact that all 3 major Mavs forums were overloaded with Spurs trolls during the series. :lol

Kori Ellis
05-25-2006, 01:06 AM
I really like the way you all are clamoring about how "lame Mavs fans are" for trolling your forums while completely ignoring the fact that all 3 major Mavs forums were overloaded with Spurs trolls during the series. :lol

As far as I know, the Spurs trolls weren't our posters. I constantly discourage anyone from trolling other sites.

And also as far as I know, the Spurs fans aren't on their site calling their site owners "cunt" and expecting not to be banned or anything either.

DubMcDub
05-25-2006, 01:08 AM
As far as I know, the Spurs troll weren't our posters. I constantly discourage anyone from trolling other sites.

And also as far as I know, the Spurs fans aren't on their site calling their site owners "cunt" and expecting not to be banned or anything either.

You of all people, having agreed with me on this in the past, know that every team has its share of bad apple fans.

Just because a Mavs fan came in here and called you a name doesn't mean Mavs fans on the whole are any worse than Spurs fans, Lakers fans, Raptors fans, or any other teams fans. There are jackasses everywhere.

I've had shit thrown at me at the AT&T center, but I wouldn't dare take such an instance and generalize it to an entire fanbase of tens of thousands of people.

BillsCarnage
05-25-2006, 01:11 AM

And the Suns forums welcome opponent fans to come have bball discussion, but if the Suns win a series we don't start a whole new thread bragging about spamming/trolling the oppositions board.

Mavtalk is as shitty as Faker fans. Maybe worse.

Kori Ellis
05-25-2006, 01:11 AM
You of all people, having agreed with me on this in the past, know that every team has its share of bad apple fans.

Just because a Mavs fan came in here and called you a name doesn't mean Mavs fans on the whole are any worse than Spurs fans, Lakers fans, Raptors fans, or any other teams fans. There are jackasses everywhere.

I've had shit thrown at me at the AT&T center, but I wouldn't dare take such an instance and generalize it to an entire fanbase of tens of thousands of people.

I'm not talking about one fan calling me a name.

I don't know if you understand it, but we've had this board for 4 years. Mavs fans were by far and away the worst group of fans that we've ever encountered in any playoff series. It is not even close at all. Of course it's not all Mavs fans. But the percentage of "bad apples" to normal fans is much higher in Mavs fans than any other group of fans ever on the board. There's no team even close to how bad the Mavs fans were during the series.

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-25-2006, 01:13 AM

I don't know if you understand it, but we've had this board for 4 years. Mavs fans were by far and away the worst group of fans that we've ever encountered in any playoff series. It is not even close at all. Of course it's not all Mavs fans. But the percentage of "bad apples" to normal fans is much higher in Mavs fans than any other group of fans ever on the board. There's no team even close to how bad the Mavs fans were during the series.

We don't need facts like that here maam.

BillsCarnage
05-25-2006, 01:14 AM
But the percentage of "bad apples" to normal fans is much higher in Mavs fans than any other group of fans ever on the board. There's no team even close to how bad the Mavs fans were during the series.

Maybe it's peni.... er, trophy envy?

Kori Ellis
05-25-2006, 01:16 AM
And for the record, the Mavs fan who called me a cunt still posts here. So believe me, I'm pretty liberal.

Most of the Mavs fans that were crazily out of control were only banned for one night and the next morning, I unbanned them. Because I really try to find the best in people and there are tons of posters here (even Spurs fans) who started out as nothing but lame trolls and now have something worthy to contribute to the site.

Louie Vega
05-25-2006, 01:16 AM

You're lucky you didn't get your little ass whipped. The last thing you would want to do is fuck around on the East Side.

Sacramental
05-25-2006, 01:20 AM
haha, this thread shows just how classless spurs fans are...making threads that diss Mavs fans who's team just beat you in the semi's is so dumb. If i was a mavs fan I'd be laughing my ass off at this.

DubMcDub

Right, because we're in-state rivals. There's a lot of tension and hostility there. For Mavs fans too, Spurs fans are by far the worst posters on all 3 major Mavericks boards when compared to any other teams fans that show up. It's pretty simple...

Rivals, especially geographically-close ones, always, always, ALWAYS think that the rival teams fans are the absolute worst around. But there's no objective measuring stick for that. It's completely subjective and slanted by our own perspectives.

Thus, it means absolutely nothing when a Spurs fan proclaims "Oh God Mavs fans are so awful", just as it means nothing when a Mavs fan states that "Spurs fans are definitely the worst in the whole NBA."

Kori Ellis
You're lucky you didn't get your little ass whipped. The last thing you would want to do is fuck around on the East Side.

Lame.

Melmart1
05-25-2006, 01:23 AM
Thus, it means absolutely nothing when a Spurs fan proclaims "Oh God Mavs fans are so awful", just as it means nothing when a Mavs fan states that "Spurs fans are definitely the worst in the whole NBA."

So... if it means nothing, why are you still here arguing the point?

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-25-2006, 01:23 AM
Right, because we're in-state rivals. There's a lot of tension and hostility there. For Mavs fans too, Spurs fans are by far the worst posters on all 3 major Mavericks boards too when compared to any other teams fans that show up. It's pretty simple...

Rivals, especially geographically-close ones, always, always, ALWAYS think that the rival teams fans are the absolute worst around. But there's no objective measuring stick for that. It's completely subjective and slanted by our own perspectives.

That wasn't a fan, that was a member of your organiztion. You may think that Spurs have the worst fans, but it's a goddamn fact that title belongs to the mavs. Especially when a rep of your organization insults our city and our fans,

DubMcDub
05-25-2006, 01:24 AM
So... if it means nothing, why are you still here arguing the point?

I don't see anything wrong with defending the Mavericks fanbase. I'm not attacking the Spurs'. Just pointing out the ridiculousness in making blanket statements like "Mavs fans are the worst."

Kori Ellis
05-25-2006, 01:24 AM
Right, because we're in-state rivals. There's a lot of tension and hostility there. For Mavs fans too, Spurs fans are by far the worst posters on all 3 major Mavericks boards too when compared to any other teams fans that show up. It's pretty simple...

Rivals, especially geographically-close ones, always, always, ALWAYS think that the rival teams fans are the absolute worst around. But there's no objective measuring stick for that. It's completely subjective.

Thus it means absolutely nothing when a Spurs fan proclaims "Oh God Mavs fans are so awful", just as it means nothing when a Mavs fan states that "Spurs fans are definitely the worst in the whole NBA."

Excuse it and defend it all you want.

The Lakers were a rival. The Mavs-Spurs rivalry is honestly barely getting started. Most Spurs fans didn't even think of them as a rivalry until this year.

It's not subjective when I can tell you that the actual percentage of Mavs fans that cause problems on this board is much higher than the percentage of any other teams fans that cause problems.

You don't see half of what happens here because about 20 of them are on all-ignore. So they think that everyone can see their posts, but in reality only I can see it. It's some of the worst stuff I've seen on a sports board ever.

T Park
05-25-2006, 01:25 AM
kori is wayyyyy too leniant.

DubMcDub
05-25-2006, 01:26 AM
That wasn't a fan, that was a member of your organiztion. You may think that Spurs have the worst fans, but it's a goddamn fact that title belongs to the mavs. Especially when a rep of your organization insults our city and our fans,

See, that's the thing...I DON'T think the Spurs have the "worst fans." There are no worst fans. Every team has great fans, every team has horrible fans.

Citing an opinion of yours as a "fact" is quite laughable.

Kori Ellis
05-25-2006, 01:28 AM
I didn't say anything about the entire fan base.

I said about the fanbase of the Mavs that has posted on this board.

They are much worse than any other fanbase that has posted here.

Factual.

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-25-2006, 01:29 AM
Right, because we're in-state rivals. There's a lot of tension and hostility there. For Mavs fans too, Spurs fans are by far the worst posters on all 3 major Mavericks boards when compared to any other teams fans that show up. It's pretty simple...

Just because we are in-state doesn't mean we were rivals, your team couldn't hold a candle to anything the Spurs franchise has done. I don't care what you or you little douchebag owner says, rivalries are built on the field, pitch, court. Not cause a bunch of overzealous assholes want to make it so.

DubMcDub
05-25-2006, 01:34 AM
I didn't say anything about the entire fan base.

I said about the fanbase of the Mavs that has posted on this board.

They are much worse than any other fanbase that has posted here.

Factual.

Fair enough. I'm sure you're right.

Unfortunately a lot of the less reasonable people unfairly extrapolate such instances into really broad generalizations and carry a bunch of hate with them for no good reason.

Kori Ellis
05-25-2006, 01:36 AM
Unfortunately a lot of the less reasonable people unfairly extrapolate such instances into really broad generalizations and carry a bunch of hate with them for no good reason.

Unfortunately that's what people do. I always call people on sweeping generalizations.

Anyway, enough of this crap. I don't really care what trash they are posting on their own board. I only care what they do here .. which is why I have given most of them their second chances. So if the racist and other flat out trolling continues, we'll have to end it.

End of thread.