PDA

View Full Version : Could Spurs Land Reddick?

Buddy Holly
05-25-2006, 02:12 AM
I've heard he's a 20 something pick.

Why not trade for a pick.

Barry, Beno, and Nazr for a low 20 high teens pick?

Hell, would JJ be worth it?

Kori Ellis
05-25-2006, 02:14 AM
What would they do with a shooting guard?

RogerIsEatingASandwich
05-25-2006, 02:16 AM
I don't think the Spurs need him.

Horry For 3!
05-25-2006, 02:18 AM
Fuck J.J. ReDICK! He is a shooting SG the size of a PG. No, we do not need him.

timvp
05-25-2006, 02:20 AM
He'd be a good draft pick if the Spurs were trying to turn into the worst defensive team in the league.

Supa Small Ball!

kris
05-25-2006, 02:21 AM
JJ Reddick is not what the Spurs need. He just doesn't fit in with the Spurs to me. I think he's an awesome shooter, but if NBA defender's got him one-on-one he would get murdered. Then on defense, I'm pretty sure he couldn't stop any shooting guards and would have trouble keeping up with the point guards.

That said, I don't think any or all of those players would land Reddick. He is at least a commodity right now because of how well he performed at Duke. Other teams have started to figure out if a player doesn't work on the Spurs, he's probably not going to work. Barry had an ok season, but he's aging, not very dimensional, and has a semi fat contract. Beno has good days, but his low points get really low. Nazr is going to recieve some interest, but I think some other team would probably just sign him outright rather than trade their 1st round draft pick.

T Park
05-25-2006, 02:24 AM
Why would the Spurs want a smaller, and less nastier version of Danny Ferry?

TDMVPDPOY
05-25-2006, 03:00 AM
Duke Players Are Overrated!

Texas_Ranger
05-25-2006, 03:08 AM
Duke Players Are Overrated!

Yu`re right.

caŽlo
05-25-2006, 03:39 AM
Derrick cant play D to save his life.

He can shoot tough.

TxJudsonRocketTx
05-25-2006, 04:21 AM
how do u know? have u actually seen him play? Didnt think so...he plays really good D for only being 6'4'' 190 lbs or so...all the ESPN analysts say so too

So guys like Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless? Thanks, but I would rather go with what I see instead of what guys like that tell me to think.

T-Pain
05-25-2006, 04:37 AM
we dont need redick

polandprzem
05-25-2006, 04:52 AM
we dont need redick

:tu

he is fuckedup kind of guy

lebomb
05-25-2006, 07:12 AM
Im black and I will tell ya this.....Reddick is one of the best shooters Ive ever seen. He may not be athletic or the best defensive player, but dammit.....he can give you exactly what we had in Steve Kerr. I will take that any day.

:king

SPARKY
05-25-2006, 07:22 AM
Just pick up Devin Brown if the Jazz don't exercise their option.

genghisrex
05-25-2006, 07:43 AM
If he was black, everyone would be saying this kid is the next Ray Allen.
Nothing I have seen of Redick leads me to believe that he is anywhere near as athletic as Ray Allen, and that has nothing to do with skin color. Ray may camp out and shoot 3 balls all day, but he's a pretty nasty dunker when he decides to take it inside (or at least he was when he was younger). Redick can only dream of those kind of leaping abilities. I'd say Allen's a much better ballhandler and passer too, and of course he's big enough to actually play SG on both sides of the ball.

TDMVPDPOY
05-25-2006, 07:45 AM
reddick is too small to play sg in nba, his a sg in a pgs body, hell i dont even think his better than heinrich.

exstatic
05-25-2006, 07:46 AM
...he can give you exactly what we had in Steve Kerr. I will take that any day.

So, we'll get 5 mpg off the bench from him? Kerr hardly played in either stint with the Spurs. He was brought in to space the floor so we could get past Utah. Turned out, they imploded and weren't the target any more.

implacable44
05-25-2006, 08:04 AM
So, we'll get 5 mpg off the bench from him? Kerr hardly played in either stint with the Spurs. He was brought in to space the floor so we could get past Utah. Turned out, they imploded and weren't the target any more.

and yet we would have lost to the Mavs if it weren't for Kerr.

JJ Redick is the best shooter on the planet. HE lit up more athletic players in college - remember what he did to Texas? HE will get his shots and he will drill them. He probably won't be a great player because of his size but he will be functional and serve a role. - Tret Tucker - Dale Ellis - Steve Kerr - there is always room on the roster for a shooter - especially the best one on the planet.

degenerate_gambler
05-25-2006, 09:02 AM
we dont need redick

Hell no we don't.

Any red blooded male that would say no to an opportunity to go to the Playboy Mansion and instead rather hang out with Matt Lienart...there's something wrong there.

T Park
05-25-2006, 09:10 AM
and yet we would have lost to the Mavs if it weren't for Kerr

:lol

of course, cause you have the crystal ball and all there.

DirkAB
05-25-2006, 09:18 AM
JJ is going to be a hell of a player. If he was black, everyone would be saying this kid is the next Ray Allen.

Yeah right, Ray Allen that is 2 inches shorter and has 20 lbs. weights around his ankles.

DarrinS
05-25-2006, 09:28 AM
Oh, please God, NO! Reddick will not be a good NBA player. Neither will that cat from Gonzaga.

NEXT.

Dalamar_the_Dark
05-25-2006, 09:38 AM
Everyone said Steve Kerr couldnt guard nobody's shadow. But look at him. How many rings does he have? He made a living shooting. And he lasted a long time in the NBA. So what makes you super duper scouts think that he cant be an NBA player. I think if he falls to the second round. Hes worth a shot. He has NBA 3 range. He wont be a started but if he is a spot shooter, he could be useful in some circumstances.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-25-2006, 09:58 AM
Red dick?

That's f'd up.

Ninja-Defense
05-25-2006, 01:07 PM
If Redick's NBA value was truly taken into consideration for the draft -- and not his vaunted Duke career and the ESPN hype machine -- then dude would be a mid-2nd rounder. He's slow, not that tall for a SG, and unathletic like all get out.

Did you see him dunk in that game this past year? His two-handed "flush" made Reggie Miller look like Fred Jones or something! And I think he had to do one of those stop-plant-then-use-both-legs-to-get-up-kind-of-dunks. Kind of like the way TP dunks on the rare occasion that he throws it down.

But dude will be gone by mid-1st round and some team will probably rue the day.

beachbarbie948
05-25-2006, 04:42 PM
Did you see him dunk in that game this past year? His two-handed "flush" made Reggie Miller look like Fred Jones or something! And I think he had to do one of those stop-plant-then-use-both-legs-to-get-up-kind-of-dunks. Kind of like the way TP dunks on the rare occasion that he throws it down.

...your point being?

he doesn't need to dunk.

he's a damn good shooter

but we definately don't need another guard.

beachbarbie948
05-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Hell no we don't.

Any red blooded male that would say no to an opportunity to go to the Playboy Mansion and instead rather hang out with Matt Lienart...there's something wrong there.

Hell, I'd rather hang out with Matt Leinart...but that's because I'm a girl lol.

But Matt Leinart turned down the invitation too I heard

& There's nothing wrong with him...or so I think...lol

Bob Lanier
05-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Who needs Brent Barry when you can have his smaller, less athletic, less talented kid brother?

degenerate_gambler
05-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Hell, I'd rather hang out with Matt Leinart...but that's because I'm a girl lol.

Just sayin'... :wtf

ALVAREZ6
05-25-2006, 06:01 PM
:wtf

JJ Redick???

Are you kidding me?

I would disown the Spurs if they drafted him.

ALVAREZ6
05-25-2006, 06:03 PM
JJ is going to be a hell of a player. If he was black, everyone would be saying this kid is the next Ray Allen.
If he was black, he might have some athleticism.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-25-2006, 06:17 PM
you should post something about urban development i saidd

Ninja-Defense
05-25-2006, 07:04 PM
My point is the last thing we need is another slow-footed, play-no-D guard out there on the perimeter. Could he be the consistent spot-up shooter that Brent Barry wasn't? I guess so. But I just don't think we need a shooter at the moment.

beachbarbie948
05-25-2006, 08:48 PM
My point is the last thing we need is another slow-footed, play-no-D guard out there on the perimeter. Could he be the consistent spot-up shooter that Brent Barry wasn't? I guess so. But I just don't think we need a shooter at the moment.

exactly

T Park
05-25-2006, 09:10 PM
Don't need shooters.

Ne guys that can rebound and defend.

Reddick cant do either.

Put this thread back on page 2 where it belongs.

E20
05-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Reddick basically gives you a much more lesser un-atheletic Brent Barry. His shot isn't probably as good as Barry's too. This kid isn't gonna be able to hang with the pros.

Spurologist
05-25-2006, 09:15 PM
Reddick basically gives you a much more lesser un-atheletic Brent Barry. His shot isn't probably as good as Barry's too. This kid isn't gonna be able to hang with the pros.

There will always be room in the nba for shooters.

SequSpur
05-25-2006, 11:51 PM
Reddick would be the third best spurs next to Duncan and Parker

Dunc
05-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Maybe he could use a couple years in Europe. Take advantage of the closer 3 point line. Although he was taking 28 ft jumpers early in the clock at Duke too.... yeah, he sounds like an NBA shooter.

lebomb
05-26-2006, 09:14 AM

Say WHAT???? You dont remember Stever Kerr hitting crucial 3s against Dallas and in games that led us to the 2003 championship???

Kori Ellis
06-13-2006, 01:02 PM
J.J. Redick, a likely first-round pick in this month's NBA draft, was arrested for driving while impaired early Tuesday and has was released on $1,000 bond, a Raleigh-Durham, N.C., television station reported.

WTVD, citing a police report, said that Redick was arrested at 1:03 a.m. in Durham, N.C., after the former Duke star made an illegal U-turn to avoid a police checkpoint.

The television station reported that Redick is scheduled to appear in a Durham court on July 17.

The NBA draft is scheduled June 28 in New York City. How an arrest will affect Redick's draft status is unclear.

"I think that these things hurt anybody's draft status," an Eastern Conference GM, who wanted to remain anonymous, told ESPN.com's Andy Katz. "They do in my eyes. I take these things seriously. That's too bad."

Redick had previously pulled out of scheduled workouts with Orlando and Boston this week. Previously, he had worked out for Golden State, Utah, Houston and Seattle.

Among the teams reportedly interested in Redick is Houston, which has the No. 8 pick.

Redick, who won the 2006 Wooden Award as the nation's top college player, shot 47 percent from the field, 42 percent from 3-point range and 85 percent from the free throw line in leading Duke to a 32-4 record. He finished his career with 2,769 points and 457 3-pointers.

Kori Ellis
06-13-2006, 01:02 PM
Idiot.

Who is stupid enough to get a DUI right before the draft? Hold off a couple weeks, dumbass.

Spurologist
06-13-2006, 01:06 PM
Idiot.

Who is stupid enough to get a DUI right before the draft? Hold off a couple weeks, dumbass.

:lol He's showing his toughness. It would certainly get him higher in the draft.

MoSpur
06-13-2006, 01:10 PM
He is overrated and this should really hurt is draft status.

Big Pimp_21
06-13-2006, 01:11 PM
I guess this is part of his audition to get drafted by Portland.

Extra Stout
06-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Adam Morrison will be a decent pro.

J.J. Redick will have the same NBA career as Steve Alford.

P.S. Fuck Duke.

Mavs_man_41
06-13-2006, 01:38 PM
JJ Redick will fail miserably in the NBA. He's too small and slow to play SG in the NBA. He might have gotten away with it NCAA but his game will never translate to the NBA.

LEONARD
06-13-2006, 01:42 PM
:drunk :drunk :drunk

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2006/news/story?id=2482061

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-13-2006, 02:44 PM
With his no-D and his arrest charges he's a bad reputation on legs and a Kyle Korver without the height.

degenerate_gambler
06-13-2006, 02:52 PM
...Redick was arrested soon after 1 a.m. when he turned around as he approached a license check point near the Duke campus, Michael said. He pulled into a parking lot of an apartment complex after police pursued him.

"There wasn't a chase. He didn't run from them," Michael said. "He was pretty cooperative."

AHAHAHAHAHHAAA....

He saw the checkpoint and and thought "Oh shit...!!!"

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-13-2006, 03:07 PM
Maybe you are :drunk ! No way that's ever gonna happen. If he does go to the Spurs he gonna be fightin with Melvin Sanders for the #2 spot in the injured reserve list.

Extra Stout
06-13-2006, 03:24 PM
You only like him because he's a short unathletic white guy.

byrontx
06-13-2006, 03:38 PM
His FT % is way too high. No way he could fit in.

ShoogarBear
06-13-2006, 04:59 PM
I said in another thread:

Trouble = Dukie + motor vehicle

himat
06-13-2006, 05:54 PM
how do u know? have u actually seen him play? Didnt think so...he plays really good D for only being 6'4'' 190 lbs or so...all the ESPN analysts say so too

In the nba he might not be able to though. duke players are overrated like someone said. There is a reason too. Many Duke players are too 1 dimensional and they don't expand there games. Unless he gets on a team with a Shaq, or another big threat inside I don't see him doing well next year.

Sandman52
06-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Oh, yeah, I remembered him when he was Jason Kapono.

Kori Ellis
06-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Reddick is much worse than Kapono.

SPARKY
06-13-2006, 08:06 PM
Could they? Probably.

Should they? Nope.

exstatic
06-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Just what we need: a drunk Dukie. :rolleyes

ashbeeigh
06-13-2006, 11:19 PM

I like your thinking :tu

But for real, I agree with everyone. The Spurs don't need another SG, they should focus on getting on the rebounding and defense during the offseason.

Spurologist
06-13-2006, 11:32 PM
Reddick is much worse than Kapono.

I wouldn't go that far

THE SIXTH MAN
06-13-2006, 11:56 PM
No.

furry_spurry
06-13-2006, 11:58 PM
According to draftexpress-- JJ Redick had failed his physical at the pre-draft camp and has some sort of back problem that could require surgery.

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1341

Kori Ellis
06-14-2006, 02:55 AM
It will be interesting to see if that's true from Draft Express. If I remember correctly, the guy that wrote that got let go from another Draft site for printing quotes from people that weren't true (in other words the people never said the quotes).

Kori Ellis
06-14-2006, 02:59 AM
No I don't.

It was a facetious remark. Neither one of them are good.

T Park
06-14-2006, 03:05 AM
Kapono can't get minutes over a no legged Payton, uhhh no stinks.

Reddick is Matt Maloney, but with more hype.

Kori Ellis
06-14-2006, 03:06 AM
Kapono is a small forward. So he shouldn't get minutes over Payton.

T Park
06-14-2006, 03:08 AM
Well they need shooting ot open it up underneath for Shaq.

What I mean is, he can't steal minutes from him, to force Riley to play Wade at the 1, Posey or whoever at the 2, and him at the 3.

Thats what I meant.

Kori Ellis
06-14-2006, 03:09 AM
I don't think Reddick will make it in the league at all. He's not big or strong enough to play the 2 in the NBA. He doesn't have the ball handling or passing to play the point.

He might bounce around and get some minutes here and there, but he'd have to work his ass off to become a NBA role player.

Maybe he'll do it. But DUI and an alleged back injury right before the draft isn't helping.

Parker 09
06-14-2006, 07:24 AM
It's redick not reddick
having redick has its pros but there are alot more cons
He would add to the effectiveness of a 4 out 1 in as he is an incredible shooter, but his inability to guard anybody in the pros will make him a huge liability.

doldrums
06-14-2006, 07:30 AM

Are you playing with your home lobotomy set again?

TDMVPDPOY
06-14-2006, 07:30 AM
should stay away from duke players

Bruno
06-14-2006, 08:19 AM
should stay away from duke players

cough ... Brand ... cough ... Battier cough...