PDA

View Full Version : The trade Rasho thread

velik_m
05-25-2006, 02:46 AM
I think Rasho makes too much money to be backup C handing out towels. Rasho is too good of a player and too good of a person to just rott on the Spurs bench. Trading him would be the best solution for both him and Spurs.

So here's my suggestion:

Rasho (+draft pick?) for Foster and A. Johnson
Indiana has 3 pg's they will have to get rid of one of them and they need defensive minded C, Rasho is especially valuable as long as Shaq is in the east.
Spurs get a backup C with smaller contract and a solid backup pg, which enables them to package Beno with Barry for that elusive good long 3 without using MLE.

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Jeff Foster
6-11 C from Southwest Texas State
5.9 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 25.1 minutes

Anthony Johnson
6-3 PG from Charleston
9.2 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 4.3 apg in 26.4 minutes
Incoming

Rasho Nesterovic
7-0 C from Slovenia (Foreign)
4.5 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 19.0 minutes
Change in team outlook: -10.6 ppg, -7.4 rpg, and -4.7 apg.

San Antonio Trade Breakdown
Outgoing

Rasho Nesterovic
7-0 C from Slovenia (Foreign)
4.5 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 19.0 minutes
Incoming

Jeff Foster
6-11 C from Southwest Texas State
5.9 ppg, 9.1 rpg, 0.8 apg in 25.1 minutes

Anthony Johnson
6-3 PG from Charleston
9.2 ppg, 2.2 rpg, 4.3 apg in 26.4 minutes
Change in team outlook: +10.6 ppg, +7.4 rpg, and +4.7 apg.

Successful Scenario
Due to Indiana and San Antonio being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Indiana and San Antonio had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

The Trade ID for this scenario is 3104989.

timvp
05-25-2006, 02:56 AM
I want Rasho as a backup center.

Give him Will Perdue tapes and tell him to study this summer.

MannyIsGod
05-25-2006, 02:58 AM
Fuck that LJ. If we find a taker, you unload that mofo. You're telling me Oberto can't do what he's doing now?

I'm all for trading Rasho and unloading dead weight and I think the Spurs are too, it is the rest of the leauge that doesn't want to comply.

BTW, Will Perdue was the shit.

Leeroy
05-25-2006, 03:03 AM
you find a trade for rasho that fills a need you do it in a heartbeat. i wouldn't be inclined to move him just for the sake of it

Texas_Ranger
05-25-2006, 03:07 AM
He earns too much money. I think we need to trade him. He`s got a ring. If he would be tradet in some weaker club he woul play much better.

admiral50
05-25-2006, 03:30 AM
Velik M, se strinjam, da je treba Rasota zamenjat. Ampak nekam dalec. Ker je tip preprosto zaenkurac in si ne zasluzi igrat v NBA. Sploh pa ne v San Antoniu, ki je naredil najvecjo napako v zgodovini, da ga je pripeljal. Sploh pa za tak denar.

Tip ima 10 cm odriva in se enkrat ni bil v fitnesu, pa je ze precej let v NBA. In to kljub temu, da imajo temnopolti igralci naravno boljse predispozicije.

Sploh pa poglej kaksno tekmo. Tip laufa okol kot kaksna picka. Pa se to brez kaksne volje do igre.

Primoz Brezec je pa igralec, ki ima strast do igre. Vedno se bori in da vse od sebe. Povrh vsega ima pa se centrsko igro, ne pa samo neka sutiranja s poldistance z levega ali desnega krila.

Slovenci smo lahko ponosni, da imamo toliko igralcev v NBA, ampak Raso je ze predolgo tam. Ni vec potencial. Dokazal je, da ni kos tej ravni kosarke.

Ima precej veliko pogodbo, mislim, da tretjo najvecjo trenutno v Spursih in samo sedi. Ze sama pogodba bi mu moral zagotavljati nekaj igralnega casa. Ce ne bi bil zaenkurac.

Zato se strinjam ,da ga je potrebno zamenjati, ja.

Brez zamere.

ata
05-25-2006, 03:38 AM
@admiral50: get a shrink

Texas_Ranger
05-25-2006, 03:39 AM
Velik M, se strinjam, da je treba Rasota zamenjat. Ampak nekam dalec. Ker je tip preprosto zaenkurac in si ne zasluzi igrat v NBA. Sploh pa ne v San Antoniu, ki je naredil najvecjo napako v zgodovini, da ga je pripeljal. Sploh pa za tak denar.

Tip ima 10 cm odriva in se enkrat ni bil v fitnesu, pa je ze precej let v NBA. In to kljub temu, da imajo temnopolti igralci naravno boljse predispozicije.

Sploh pa poglej kaksno tekmo. Tip laufa okol kot kaksna picka. Pa se to brez kaksne volje do igre.

Primoz Brezec je pa igralec, ki ima strast do igre. Vedno se bori in da vse od sebe. Povrh vsega ima pa se centrsko igro, ne pa samo neka sutiranja s poldistance z levega ali desnega krila.

Slovenci smo lahko ponosni, da imamo toliko igralcev v NBA, ampak Raso je ze predolgo tam. Ni vec potencial. Dokazal je, da ni kos tej ravni kosarke.

Ima precej veliko pogodbo, mislim, da tretjo najvecjo trenutno v Spursih in samo sedi. Ze sama pogodba bi mu moral zagotavljati nekaj igralnega casa. Ce ne bi bil zaenkurac.

Brez zamere.

Ej to je stran na kateri se pise po angesko, ak ti neznas ADIJO!

I ne seri da Raso nezna igrat. Ti pravis da je Breza pravi center. To je pa sam zat ki gledas statistiko. Da bi Raso bil pri Bobcatsih, al pa pr kaki drugi ekipi (slabsi) bi tudi meu tako statistiko al pa se boljso. Brezec pa nebo meu nikoli uno kaj ma Raso, to pa je obramba, pa tudi prstan. Brezi lak vsak kucne kulkrat ce. Pa se nima niti 0,5 blk na tekmo. :devil

Bruno
05-25-2006, 03:40 AM
velik_m, I don't think Pacers will do this trade. They have 3 PG but johnson is the last they will trade and they like Foster a lot (even if he is injury prone).

objective
05-25-2006, 03:42 AM
I could do with trading either Rasho or Oberto for a conditional 2nd rounder as long as the other team can absorb his salary. All to make room for both Javtokas and Scola.

admiral50
05-25-2006, 03:51 AM
Ej to je stran na kateri se pise po angesko, ak ti neznas ADIJO!

Trust me Texas Ranger that my English is much better than yours. I study abroad so I use it all the time. But I am a little concerned about your Slovenian. Maybe you should read some books or get some privat lessons.

Only blocks are not enough.

Look at Raso`s minutes during the playoffs. He had a lot of chance. Enough to prove his talent. But he is just not good enough for the championship team.

Adijo!

objective
05-25-2006, 03:52 AM
Rasho hasn't been in the regular rotation (even off the bench) for SIX (6) straight playoff series.

Pero
05-25-2006, 03:54 AM
Brezec doesn`t know what defence is.....

Pero
05-25-2006, 03:55 AM
Rasho hasn't been in the regular rotation (even off the bench) for SIX (6) straight playoff series.

That`s not true. He was in the rotation with the T-wolves.

objective
05-25-2006, 03:58 AM
lol. seriously, the last time Rasho got rotation minutes was against the Lakers.

He might get a pass against Denver because of the ankle, I don't even think he was cleared until game 2.

But . . . Seattle, Phoenix, Detroit, Sacramento and Dallas.

2 years, no regular minutes.

All while being paid a legit starter's money.

Texas_Ranger
05-25-2006, 03:59 AM
Trust me Texas Ranger that my English is much better than yours. I study abroad so I use it all the time. But I am a little concerned about your Slovenian. Maybe you should read some books or get some privat lessons.

Look at Raso`s minutes during the playoffs. He had a lot of chance. Enough to prove his talent. But he is just not good enough for the championship team.

Adijo!

Strinjam se s tabo da blokade niso dovolj, no Raso je vseeno nasplosno boljsi v obrambi. Saj jaz sem tudi napisal da bi treba Rasa poslati v kaksen slabsi klub, no to nisem napisal zato ker mi ni dober, ampak zato ker bi drugje dobil vecjo priloznos in popravil bi svojo statistiko.
Pri teni me je razjezilo to da si napisal da nezna igrati kosarke za NBA ligo. S tem se ne strinjam zato ker ko je bil v Minnesoti je odlicno igral, se posebaj v zadji sezoni pri Minnesoti.

Slomo
05-25-2006, 04:01 AM

Adijo!OT

Out of courtesy to other posters We should keep the debate in English.

Even when the Argentinian jump to each others throats they do it in English. :lol

Texas_Ranger
05-25-2006, 04:03 AM
Out of courtesy to other posters We should keep the debate in English.

Agree

Kori Ellis
05-25-2006, 04:04 AM
Thanks, I almost had to pull out my Slovenian Dictionary. :)

admiral50
05-25-2006, 04:08 AM
Pri teni me je razjezilo to da si napisal da nezna igrati kosarke za NBA ligo. S tem se ne strinjam zato ker ko je bil v Minnesoti je odlicno igral, se posebaj v zadji sezoni pri Minnesoti.

Yes, he played good with Minnesota. But look at him now! He is not improving his game. He plays less and less.

I see him play and I see a mediocre center for Europe. Let alone the NBA.

The thing I miss in Raso`s game is PASSION!

Okay, he is not that bad. He could play somewhere else. But NBA is the TOP level of basketball. And San Antonio is the Top level of NBA. But Rasho is not.

Greetings to Slovenia!

POP - LET BENO OUT OF THE CAGE!!!

rascal
05-25-2006, 08:37 AM
I want Rasho as a backup center.

Give him Will Perdue tapes and tell him to study this summer.

Will Perdue didn't even play in the championship series his last year with the spurs.

angel_luv
05-25-2006, 08:44 AM
Or, how about we let Nazr go home to Chicago and promote Rasho back to our starting Center?

Keep the Sho! :D

intlspurshk
05-25-2006, 11:16 AM
PLs check whether the Wolves need a center. This is the only way to trade him.

DarrinS
05-25-2006, 11:21 AM
PLs check whether the Wolves need a center. This is the only way to trade him.

That's were we got Rasho from. Do you think they really want him back?

velik_m
05-25-2006, 11:43 AM
That's were we got Rasho from. Do you think they really want him back?

well they at least made the playoffs with him. ;)

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-25-2006, 11:49 AM

Brez zamere.

I hate it when you fvckers start talking in Spanish! Bastards. :flipoff

velik_m
05-25-2006, 11:55 AM
I hate it when you fvckers start talking in Spanish! Bastards. :flipoff

i'll give you a fast translation:

Rasho worthless vagina.
Brezec is better.
I agree, needs to be traded.

Pero
05-25-2006, 11:55 AM
:lol :lol :lol

zeleni
05-25-2006, 12:54 PM
Go Rasho Go!

You are the ticket for the World Championship. Beno, Raso, Smodis, Nachbar, Brezec, and others will crush those Americans and all will be better.

Vi kmetje pa se umirte, ker sezone ni konec za nobenega od naših igralcev. Beno bo jezen, Jaka bo jezen, Beno in Rašo sta lačna igre, veliko se nam obeta...

Condemned 2 HelLA
05-25-2006, 01:04 PM
If we find a taker, you unload that mofo.

BTW, Will Perdue was the shit.

:tu :clap

ata
05-25-2006, 01:28 PM
Forget Smodiš, he has already decided not to play.

Pero
05-25-2006, 02:41 PM
Forget Smodiš, he has already decided not to play.

Unfortunately true, due to a back injury that is not fully healed...

zeleni
05-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Unfortunately true, due to a back injury that is not fully healed...

OK, but, we still are a good team with players who are hungry for some results. Rasho and Brezec at center, Jaka and Beno on PG, and all of those players in between are a good lineup anyday. Pop didn't liked Rasho on his starting lineup, but he would like him, when he singlehandedly crush Team USA.

I do not believe in loses. We are just waiting for better winnings, and soon! :madrun

France will have their champion in Diaw, Ginobili will rise again like a true champion he is. Parker will be tired as hell.

This is tournament for Slovenia. And then Gregg Popovich will make his move.

Who knows, maybe he will trade Duncan. ;)

angel_luv
05-25-2006, 07:35 PM
Go Rasho Go!

You are the ticket for the World Championship. Beno, Raso, Smodis, Nachbar, Brezec, and others will crush those Americans and all will be better.

Vi kmetje pa se umirte, ker sezone ni konec za nobenega od naših igralcev. Beno bo jezen, Jaka bo jezen, Beno in Rašo sta lačna igre, veliko se nam obeta...

Slovenia is :king

:D

cherylsteele
05-25-2006, 07:41 PM
Thanks, I almost had to pull out my Slovenian Dictionary. :)
I thought it was some kind of secret code or something...or even bad pig latin. :lol

MannyIsGod
05-25-2006, 07:43 PM
I trade both Rasho or Nazr for a cheer stick. I don't even need 2, just one.

angel_luv
05-25-2006, 07:54 PM
I trade both Rasho or Nazr for a cheer stick. I don't even need 2, just one.

Keep the Sho! :)

Slomo
05-26-2006, 04:38 AM
I trade both Rasho or Nazr for a cheer stick. I don't even need 2, just one.WTF?

You know better than that!

All it takes for Rasho to play well is an airplane ticket for me.

Of course, if you we're talking championships here, I can't accept anything less than first class! :spin

Parker 09
05-26-2006, 04:59 AM
well at least rasho can catch a basketball

SA Gunslinger
05-26-2006, 07:13 AM
Desagna Diop only makes 2.1 mil. And I think he's just as good as Nazr or Rasho. Too bad there isn't a guy like that the Spurs could acquire.

1Parker1
05-26-2006, 09:21 AM
Why would anyone want to keep Nazr instead of Rasho? I would think given the choice between the two...going with Rasho would be the obvious one.

Nazr has regressed and not improved after a whole season with the Spurs. In fact, I think his defense has gotten even worse. Moreover, we need a tougher big man inside. Rasho would be fine coming off the bench in a limited back up role, if we play teams like Heat, Rockets, etc. Not Nazr.

strangeweather
05-26-2006, 11:11 AM
Why would anyone want to keep Nazr instead of Rasho? I would think given the choice between the two...going with Rasho would be the obvious one.

Nazr has regressed and not improved after a whole season with the Spurs. In fact, I think his defense has gotten even worse. Moreover, we need a tougher big man inside. Rasho would be fine coming off the bench in a limited back up role, if we play teams like Heat, Rockets, etc. Not Nazr.

At $2.5 million a year, I would never say a bad word about keeping Rasho around as a backup and to match up with teams with big centers. Rasho is basically dependable, and doesn't cause any trouble.

But at $23.5 million over 3 years, his contract is a killer.

This doesn't mean keeping Nazr is a great option either. But if we could find a taker for Rasho, we could hopefully find someone who can do what Rasho does at a more affordable rate.

MannyIsGod
05-26-2006, 02:21 PM
No way in hell I'd want Nazr over Rasho. Rasho's contract is murdering the Spurs right now, but at least he doesn't hurt the team like Nazr does. Nazr is horible on the court, so having him on your team at all is a step backwards.

Goodbye Nazr. Go away, FAR away.

1Parker1
05-26-2006, 02:41 PM
At $2.5 million a year, I would never say a bad word about keeping Rasho around as a backup and to match up with teams with big centers. Rasho is basically dependable, and doesn't cause any trouble.

But at $23.5 million over 3 years, his contract is a killer.

This doesn't mean keeping Nazr is a great option either. But if we could find a taker for Rasho, we could hopefully find someone who can do what Rasho does at a more affordable rate.

Wel, obviously if the Spurs had a choice, I'm sure they'd try to get rid of them both. I was referring to choosing one over the other.

strangeweather
05-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Wel, obviously if the Spurs had a choice, I'm sure they'd try to get rid of them both. I was referring to choosing one over the other.

OK. Totally agree -- I can't imagine a scenario in which bring Nazr back would serve any purpose.

E20
05-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Me gusta los perros calientes con frijoles. Son muy delicioso. Voy Spurs Voy

V-2
05-26-2006, 09:20 PM
Get rid off Rasho, Nazr, and Oberto. Trade them, unload them, go a different direction.
Pop thinks that a call here or there vs Dallas and the Spurs would have prevailed. Thing is that the Suns dictated the tempo last season coming playoff time and we managed to prevail. What happened against Dallas exposed "big" weaknesses.
Our bigs (including TD and Horry) are slow. Horry can't play big minutes anymore, he can't hit a 3 when he spends time trying to defend younger, athletic players. Rasho, Nazr, and Oberto I won't even go there.
What sucked IMO was us trying to match Dallas' "smaller lineup". Truth is that this was our only chance to win the series and we almost succeeded it, without any help from our centers.
If possible, I'd like to see the Spurs trade for a PF that can score, and hit free throws. One or two more friggin FTs made and Mavs would be home resting.
Can the Spurs unload their stiffs and Brent Barry, involve another team, suck it up and get a Rashard Lewis?
Salary cap wise it seems very difficult, but this could send Tim into retirement with 3-4 more rings. The Dallas series proved that Duncan is the most dominant big player in the game. A player like Lewis (rumor is that Seattle is looking to move him) next to TD would make the Spurs unstopable. Hopefully Pop and R.C. will pull offff something good.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-26-2006, 09:21 PM
Rasho for a bucket of chicken? Anyone?