PDA

View Full Version : I absolutely sorry but

Rummpd
05-25-2006, 08:23 AM
I honestly tried for 48 hours +, but I just cannot dig deep enough to root for a Dallas team even though they are from TX and have Avery on the sidelines + Harris (who I followed at Wisconsin).

They still have too much baggage, too wierd of a rich childish owner, too many churlish attitudes among players who cannot hold a jockstrap to Ginobili or Duncan, too many fans that act suspicously like immigrants from Sacremento; and most importantly, I like many fans, hold a still lingering suscipion that the wrong team moved on, period.

I cannot believe in this life I am reduced to rooting for Shaq and Nash right now but life goes on, Spurs will be back and stronger than before. :angel

Bartzini
05-25-2006, 08:29 AM
Yea, i really have a hard time supporting the Mav's. I feel like a traitor supporting the suns, but Mark Cuban is a bane on the Mavericks reputation in my opinion.

:eyebrows

trevcourt
05-25-2006, 08:31 AM
I cannot support the mavs. I don't like the way the play or their players. And they are from dallas.

angel_luv
05-25-2006, 08:45 AM
At least you tried.

I didn't. :)

Go Suns!

gingko
05-25-2006, 08:48 AM
Who would you consider churlish?

englishspursfan
05-25-2006, 08:52 AM
i screamed when nash got them 2 x 3 pointers late on ...go phx!!

CosmicCowboy
05-25-2006, 08:52 AM
I was trying to be neutral last night and just watch the game and try to enjoy it. I really was. I normally can do that...I couldn't help it...a couple of crowd shots of Cuban celebrating in the third quarter and the next thing I knew I was rooting for the purple guys. I actually yelled out loud a couple times in the 4th as the Suns were coming back...

Sorry Avery, but my hate for your owner surpasses my love for you...my Dallas yin/yang is seriously out of harmony...

degenerate_gambler
05-25-2006, 08:56 AM
I couldn't bring myself to watch the game and instead just checked the score periodically. Only when I flipped over and heard Steve Kerr say Phoenix is "the most resilient team ever" did I hang with it and see what was going on. All I know is Diaw wanted that ball at the end and the kid came through. That's a player right there.

Borosai
05-25-2006, 08:57 AM
I agree...I am rooting for the Suns for various reasons, the most important being Cuban...I don't want to see his mug on the tele.

pache100
05-25-2006, 08:57 AM
At least you tried.

Go Suns!

Me, neither. I knew better than to bother. I don't like the whole lot of 'em.

GO SUNS!

dougp
05-25-2006, 09:03 AM
At least you tried.

Go Suns!
I <3 Angel, she's so awesome - such a brain! lol

But I cheer for no one but my Spurs - though deep down I know it will be Suns vs. Pistons. :elephant

jmard5
05-25-2006, 09:06 AM
I was trying to be neutral last night and just watch the game and try to enjoy it. I really was. I normally can do that...I couldn't help it...a couple of crowd shots of Cuban celebrating in the third quarter and the next thing I knew I was rooting for the purple guys. I actually yelled out loud a couple times in the 4th as the Suns were coming back...

Exactly. My thought was to sit back and enjoy the show. But everytime I saw the Suns take it to the rim hard with lob passes, pick&rolls and quick inbound fast breaks... and breaking the Mavs "improved" defense time and time again. I began to root for them.

Cuban again went down to the Mavs bench and celebrated too early.

And, oh, Nowitzki seems lost in the court. :rolleyes

DirkAB
05-25-2006, 09:06 AM
too many fans that act suspicously like immigrants from Sacremento; and most importantly, I like many fans, hold a still lingering suscipion that the wrong team moved on, period.

Whose the immigrant that can't spell Sacramento? Anyways, there is nothing at all wrong with not being able to root for Dallas, why should you? They are your favorite team's rival, and they eliminated you. But let me dispel your "suscipion" that the wrong team moved on, the better team always wins a 7 game series, especially if they manage to do it as the road team. Dallas was the better team, but that should stop you from rooting your ass off against them.

Sportcamper
05-25-2006, 09:07 AM
The guy on the right gets paid over 16 million dollars a year, (this year & next), to help injured Phoenix Suns players off the court...

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20060525/capt.0f427e897a424c22b7d4e51fbe7e0a7c.suns_maveric ks__basketball_dna138.jpg

The Los Angeles Lakers....The Official Goodwill Ambassadors to the NBA

ducks
05-25-2006, 09:12 AM
it was easy to root for suns I am from az

I think suns choke next year because they will have all the pressure on the world to get to the finals with amare back

Oh, Gee!!
05-25-2006, 09:14 AM
I have an easy fix for you. Stop watching until next season. That's what I'm doing, and it's done wonders for my self-esteem. Go me!!

angel_luv
05-25-2006, 09:14 AM
I <3 Angel, she's so awesome - such a brain! lol

But I cheer for no one but my Spurs - though deep down I know it will be Suns vs. Pistons. :elephant

I really wanted our guys to have the trophy. But since that is impossible now, I will turn my hopes to Dallas being denied it. :)

Old School Chic
05-25-2006, 09:18 AM
it was easy to root for suns I am from az

I think suns choke next year because they will have all the pressure on the world to get to the finals with amare back

Ducky,

Are we going to the next Suns vs Mavs game?

polandprzem
05-25-2006, 09:22 AM
Don't let Shaq win this shit.

We all know we hate him.

Go Pistons Go!

Or the frickin Suns Go!

tlongII
05-25-2006, 09:25 AM
The guy on the right gets paid over 16 million dollars a year, (this year & next), to help injured Phoenix Suns players off the court...

http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20060525/capt.0f427e897a424c22b7d4e51fbe7e0a7c.suns_maveric ks__basketball_dna138.jpg

And the Lakers are the ones paying him! :lol

Hook Dem
05-25-2006, 09:26 AM
Mavs fans should ask themselves a question! Would they be pulling for the Spurs to win after they just lost to said team? I didn't think so!!!! Fuck the Mavs!!!!

TMTTRIO
05-25-2006, 09:28 AM
I know. I was rooting all the time for Phoenix. I'm about to leave for a trip to Italy and right now I'm staying in Dallas for two days (perfect timing :rolleyes :depressed). I can't stand it up here. They were already celebrating like they already had won the NBA championship (which they haven't yet), so it was nice for the Suns to give them a taste of their own medicine. On the news this morning they had Bill Walton talking on and on about how good the Mavs were and how Detroit was still the best team on the planet crap. It has gotten so annoying, I'm glad I'm out of here today.

DarrinS
05-25-2006, 09:30 AM
I love that the Mavs lost.

I love that they lost on THEIR court.

I love that they lost on the last posession.

HA FUCKIN HA!

Whew! That felt good.

CubanMustGo
05-25-2006, 09:41 AM
I love that Cuban immediately went to the tape after the game to review it for plays he could complain about. :lol

Phenomanul
05-25-2006, 09:47 AM
I really wanted our guys to have the trophy. But since that is impossible now, I will turn my hopes to Dallas being denied it. :)

It's about Finley now.... I want him to earn his ring before Cuban.

As a Spur of course....

DirkAB
05-25-2006, 09:54 AM
On the news this morning they had Bill Walton talking on and on about how good the Mavs were and how Detroit was still the best team on the planet crap. It has gotten so annoying, I'm glad I'm out of here today.

Annoying because you disagree that the Mavs are that good and the Pistons are the best, or because they weren't talking about the Spurs any more?

pache100
05-25-2006, 10:38 AM
Annoying because you disagree that the Mavs are that good and the Pistons are the best, or because they weren't talking about the Spurs any more?

WTF? The Mavs are good, has anyone here denied that? Just because we're hatin' on 'em right now doesn't mean we don't think they're good; on the other hand, I don't think anyone thinks they're "the best", either. The Pistons are the best of the teams left (and most everyone here, with some exceptions, have said they are rooting for the Pistons to win it all now that the Spurs are out of it). The Spurs are still being talked about locally, are most of the time, during the season and off-season. I don't think anyone here expects them to be discussed much nationally until the new season starts.

ducks
05-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Ducky,

Are we going to the next Suns vs Mavs game?

no I had a friend who was going to pay for me to see the spurs vs the suns
he is a sun fan who wanted to make fun of me because he thought the spurs would lose

since it is the mavs no
it would cost $140 in gas plus tickets
I would rather save my money for a spurs game in sa :fro

angel_luv
05-25-2006, 11:18 AM
I might have been able to root for the Mavs if it weren't for the shenanigans of Dumb and Dumber.

You can apply the names to Avery and Cuban as you see fit. For me it is almost too close to call.

dknights411
05-25-2006, 11:19 AM
I'm rooting for the Oilers! :spin

J.T.
05-25-2006, 11:24 AM
AJ lost his Spur factor after this series. I will boo him forever for the same stupid reasons Mav fans boo Finley, "He could've gone to any team and chose to go to a rival, blah blah blah blah". And the thought of Cuban having a ring, or just being seen by millions on TV for each Finals game is nauseating. I hope Nash and Co. rip them a new one and let them know the Spurs aren't the only team they need to be worried about in the West.

Budkin
05-25-2006, 11:26 AM
God I still can't freaking believe that we lost to those guys. Never mind that we clawed all the way back to be in the position to win. We shoulda torched them on our floor in Game 7. God damn small ball! FUCK!!! :bang

DarrinS
05-25-2006, 11:28 AM
God I still can't freaking believe that we lost to those guys. Never mind that we clawed all the way back to be in the position to win. We shoulda torched them on our floor in Game 7. God damn small ball! FUCK!!! :bang

The small ball think again? That was the only thing keeping us IN that series. Belive me, Avery had his fingers crossed that Rasho or Nazr would come in the game.

boutons_
05-25-2006, 11:33 AM
There are players on the Mavs I like a lot:

Dirk (he's grown into a monster player. His ballsy taking it to the hole rather than a jumper to tie the Spurs game, and his hustle rebounding, epitomizes the Championship/leader/MVP caliber he has achieved), plus Josh and Devin.

Terry and Jerry can go suck donkey balls.

But above all, megalomaniac "it's all about me, me, me" Cuban with a ring makes me want to vomit.

DirkAB
05-25-2006, 11:34 AM
WTF? The Mavs are good, has anyone here denied that? Just because we're hatin' on 'em right now doesn't mean we don't think they're good; on the other hand, I don't think anyone thinks they're "the best", either. The Pistons are the best of the teams left (and most everyone here, with some exceptions, have said they are rooting for the Pistons to win it all now that the Spurs are out of it). The Spurs are still being talked about locally, are most of the time, during the season and off-season. I don't think anyone here expects them to be discussed much nationally until the new season starts.

Honestly, how do you know what he meant? Are you answering for TMTTRIO? And it's not like I generalized the question toward all Spurs fans, I didn't act like Spurs fans in general had that attitude. The way he stated it came across like he didn't think that the Mavs were all that good or that the Pistons weren't the best team in the NBA. How else do you interpret this?

On the news this morning they had Bill Walton talking on and on about how good the Mavs were and how Detroit was still the best team on the planet crap. It has gotten so annoying, I'm glad I'm out of here today.

To me the comment comes accross like he's bothered that the Spurs aren't in the spotlight anymore.

Trifecta
05-25-2006, 11:38 AM

Go Suns!

:tu My point exactly!!!!!!

Its fun to watch Steve Nash operate -- a true point guard who is having fun running circles around his former team!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-25-2006, 11:38 AM
I think with Cuban, Terry, AJ's newly formed arrogance, the bad annoying Mavs fans ( not all, but the stupid ones who wore the Terry Jerseys :bang ) the Mavs need their comeuppance....

Dirk's effort is admirable, but I think it would be kinda funny if Nash eliminated him from that "Finals Appearance" he's been dreaming of. :lol

Budkin
05-25-2006, 11:40 AM
The small ball think again? That was the only thing keeping us IN that series. Belive me, Avery had his fingers crossed that Rasho or Nazr would come in the game.

Without our defense we are nothing. How the hell do we let them come into our building and shoot 80 something percent in the 1st quarter?

gingko
05-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Mavs fans should ask themselves a question! Would they be pulling for the Spurs to win after they just lost to said team? I didn't think so!!!! Fuck the Mavs!!!!

I would be pulling for the Spurs.

pache100
05-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Honestly, how do you know what he meant? Are you answering for TMTTRIO? And it's not like I generalized the question toward all Spurs fans, I didn't act like Spurs fans in general had that attitude. The way he stated it came across like he didn't think that the Mavs were all that good or that the Pistons weren't the best team in the NBA. How else do you interpret this?

To me the comment comes accross like he's bothered that the Spurs aren't in the spotlight anymore.

Whatever, dude. I was not speaking for him, I was speaking for myself, because to me it did sound like a universal appeal from you. That's why I said "anyone". I didn't realize it was a private comment.

DarrinS
05-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Without our defense we are nothing. How the hell do we let them come into our building and shoot 80 something percent in the 1st quarter?

Most of those were perimeter shots, which, Nazr or Rasho, would have nothing to do with.

You could blame our perimeter defenders.

Or, you can just be impressed with how well the Mavs were shooting.

pache100
05-25-2006, 11:51 AM
:tu My point exactly!!!!!!

Its fun to watch Steve Nash operate -- a true point guard who is having fun running circles around his former team!

Exactly. I saw some glances between him and Dirk last night; Dirk was getting a kick of of Nashy in spite of himself. :lol

caŽlo
05-25-2006, 12:08 PM
up to now i still havent watched any conference finals game.

Spurzilla
05-25-2006, 01:26 PM
I honestly tried for 48 hours +, but I just cannot dig deep enough to root for a Dallas team even though they are from TX and have Avery on the sidelines + Harris (who I followed at Wisconsin).

I think the main reason I haven't been able to root for the Mavs is the lack of respect they showed to the Spurs. Avery whining about calls and Bruce's "bear hug D"... Cuban's disrespect in how he talked about Finley, saying that ultimately Fin was "just another person who played in Dallas," etc. When an owner talks about a former player like that, one who spent 8 years in that organization, what must the other players think? Is that how the owner thinks about them too? Cuban's attempt at saying it was all done for "marketing purposes" is lame. Does he really think anyone believes that?

Having a real rivalry has to start with Respecting your opponent. Next is knowing that your rival can beat you -- has beat you -- and has won it all... they are your main obstacle to getting to the Finals and winning the championship.

I remember that the Suns were very respectful last year even though we beat them in the WCF 4-1. I didn't hear D'Antoni whining about how Ginobili was torching them. Pistons were also very respectful throughout the playoffs.

I have no trouble wishing both teams the best and rooting for them.
:cheer

Nbadan
05-25-2006, 01:31 PM
I love Avery, but I don't want the Spurs to be the second best team in Texas. I'm rooting for Detriot.

SenorSpur
05-25-2006, 02:00 PM
I agree...I am rooting for the Suns for various reasons, the most important being Cuban...I don't want to see his mug on the tele.

....only if he has the same "piss and vinegar" look that he had on his face when Manu nailed that 3 pointer in the late stages of Game 7.

Brandon361
05-25-2006, 02:06 PM
how can you like dirk

Nbadan
05-25-2006, 02:10 PM
Love or hate him, if you were holding a shooting clinic for young kids, you'd want them to shoot like Dirk.

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Love or hate him, if you were holding a shooting clinic for young kids, you'd want them to shoot like Dirk.

If you were holding a basketball clinic for any PF above 6'10 you wouldn't want them playing like Dirk

DirkAB
05-25-2006, 02:27 PM
If you were holding a basketball clinic for any PF above 6'10 you wouldn't want them playing like Dirk

Probably because he is more of a natural fit at the SF position. If they ever find players to put next to him that would give them the freedom to switch him between the PF and SF at will, look out. He probably causes more matchup problems than anyone else in the league, he's a nightmare.

Crookshanks
05-25-2006, 02:35 PM
I cannot begin to tell you how much pleasure was derived from seeing the Mavs lose last night. I only watched the last part of the game and I was cheering for the Suns! The look on Mark Cuban's face and AJ's and Dirk's was priceless!

Go Suns!

SAGambler
05-25-2006, 02:42 PM

That "God damn small ball" is what allowed the Spurs to come back....

Those guys would have been lickin their chops, if Nazr or Rasho hit the floor. It would have been a steady parade to the free throw line..

sa_butta
05-25-2006, 02:44 PM
I just cant do it. I dont like Cuban, and I dont really care for Avery too much anymore. Im pulling for the Suns.

SAGambler
05-25-2006, 02:44 PM
I cannot begin to tell you how much pleasure was derived from seeing the Mavs lose last night. I only watched the last part of the game and I was cheering for the Suns! The look on Mark Cuban's face and AJ's and Dirk's was priceless!

Go Suns!
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Yeah, That was priceless. Cuban looked like he was trying to talk and couldn't get the words out, that mouth was moving so fast, and AJ looked like he had just ate a bowl of shit.

word
05-25-2006, 02:55 PM
I could never root for a Dallas team. Too close to and too similar to oklahoma and arkansas.

SA Gunslinger
05-25-2006, 04:10 PM
I am gonna laugh my azz off for a week if the Mavs choke this title away.

Jules
05-25-2006, 05:29 PM

Tim Duncan once said Bryan Grant was "the hardest working cat in the NBA". Grant was a great player (pre-injuries). He is also a great humanitarian.

tlongII
05-25-2006, 05:31 PM
I think Miami will win the title this year regardless of the outcome of the WCF.

ZStomp
05-25-2006, 05:54 PM

They still have too much baggage, too wierd of a rich childish owner, too many churlish attitudes among players who cannot hold a jockstrap to Ginobili or Duncan, too many fans that act suspicously like immigrants from Sacremento; and most importantly, I like many fans, hold a still lingering suscipion that the wrong team moved on, period.

I cannot believe in this life I am reduced to rooting for Shaq and Nash right now but life goes on, Spurs will be back and stronger than before. :angel

Avery? Harris??

Cuban is the reason I'm not rooting for them!

RogerIsEatingASandwich
05-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Yeah, i'm rooting for the Suns to win the west and for Detroit to win it all.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-25-2006, 09:21 PM
I just cant do it. I dont like Cuban, and I dont really care for Avery too much anymore. Im pulling for the Suns.

STEELBOSS
05-25-2006, 09:23 PM
I have been a Mavs fan for 18 years...ever since I moved to Dallas from Houston in 1988. I have always pulled for the Spurs after they beat us because their success made us look better. I can very much understand your feelings vs Cuban and therefore the Mavs. I have four children that were all at one time wild Mavs fans but now two of them cheer for the Spurs...all because of Cuban. My attitude is that the Mavs were my team before they were Cubans...he can't take them away from me. All I would ask is that you forget that Cuban is the owner and concentrate on Avery and the players...they are some fine people...including JET. If we are lucky enough to win it all I will not watch when they present the trophy.

Jdspur20
05-25-2006, 11:45 PM

try living in the dfw area for 13 years, you will hate them real fast.

East Coast Babe
05-26-2006, 02:18 AM
Heck, give us the Suns! We own them anyway!!

DieMrBond
05-26-2006, 03:06 AM
My theory is:

Detroit: Can't barrack for them. It's impossible. We were supposed to meet them in the Finals, so I wouldn't want them to win it without going through the Spurs.

Miami: Shaq, can't barrack for that team at all.

Dallas: As if. They just beat the Spurs, there is no 'transference' of allegiance if you get beat...

so that leaves Pheonix.

If Amare was on the team, I would just be not paying attention. But seeing as he isn't, and Steve Nash is kinda cool - they gain my vote by default.

Rummpd
05-26-2006, 08:25 AM
Dear Sac town - sorry I did not spell your city right or town or whatever it is these days in the hinderlands of CA. :angel

By the way, a Kings fan (or worse a Blazer fan) talking smack? Please win a series once when it matters, Spurs screwed up once (or were hosed take your pick), but at least they have some fine memories.

A least for one year, Mavs fans can talk smack and we have to let them, unless the Suns sweep them = GO SUNS!

tlongII
06-21-2006, 02:12 PM
I think Miami will win the title this year regardless of the outcome of the WCF.

This post is to give myself props. :smokin