PDA

View Full Version : NEW ARTICLE by Manu

Cherry
05-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Interesting
Traslation please!! :spin

Embocarla o no es relativo, pero esa falta no debí cometerla... por Manu / 25-05-06

Ya estoy bien. Mejor. Menos dolorido por esta eliminación. Ya comencé a relajarme. Tampoco voy a arrastrar la mala onda todas las vacaciones. Duele porque teníamos una gran expectativa, una gran ilusión de volver a ser campeones, pero hay que aceptar que nos enfrentamos los dos mejores equipos del Oeste (con Dallas se perdió la serie semifinal 4 a 3) y se nos escapó en el último segundo. Esa serie era una lotería, cualquiera de los dos podía ganar, y nos tocó a nosotros quedar afuera... Ya está. Sólo uno puede ser campeón. Seguro que habrá nuevas oportunidades.

Para la franquicia fue también un golpe doloroso, porque todos sentíamos lo mismo, sabíamos que podíamos ganar el título. Hubo mucha tristeza. También fue duro por Michael Finley, que vino de Dallas a jugar con nosotros porque quería ganar su primer anillo. Hizo un gran esfuerzo y no logró cumplir su sueño. De todos modos esto nos crea un nuevo desafío y provoca más hambre para la próxima temporada.

Hay que aceptar que en una serie tan pareja, donde seis de los siete partidos se definieron en los últimos segundos, un tiro, un rebote o un pitazo definen el resultado. Por ejemplo, muchos dicen que en la última jugada del tiempo regular del último partido Tim (Duncan) recibió una falta después de mi tiro y no fue sancionada. Yo no la vi, no pude verla, pero dos tiros libres a favor cambiaban el resultado. Tampoco la vi en una repetición de televisión.

Los jugadores siempre pensamos que los árbitros nos perjudican. Por eso quedamos todos indignados en el vestuario por ese pitazo que no sonó, pero no creo que los árbitros hayan tenido mala fe. Hubo tantos fallos polémicos en toda la serie, pero siempre desde una óptica particular de jugador.

Lo que acepto es que no debí cometerle falta a Dirk Nowitzki cuando quedaban 21 segundos y ganábamos 104 a 101. Con ese doble más el tiro libre por la falta mía, ellos empataron y fuimos al suplementario. Me hizo enojar y me dio más bronca esa acción que el tiro que fallé en el último segundo. La pelota puede entrar o no. Embocarla o no es relativo, pero esa falta no debí cometerla. Pensé que alcanzaba a bloquearle la pelota, pero el alemán es muy largo y saltó mucho. Se fue muy arriba. No llegué y lo toqué. En otro partido de esta serie, en una situación parecida, arriesgué igual y conseguí quitarle una bola decisiva a Jason Terry. Por supuesto que recibí reproches desde el banco después del foul a Nowitzki, pero fue sólo en ese momento. Después del partido no se dijo nada más. Hay que tener en cuenta que hubo doscientos mil errores en toda la serie, nuestros y de ellos. Bueno, el basquetbol es un juego de errores, así que...

En la jugada final, la del cierre del tiempo regular de ese séptimo playoff, la idea era que jugara uno contra uno, de frente al aro y tratando de consumir todo el tiempo posible para que no les quedara una oportunidad a ellos. Tenía que penetrar y tirar en el último segundo, dejando unas décimas para que Duncan definiera tras un rebote. Y bueno, no se dio.

Si ahora analizo qué hicimos mal, qué debemos corregir para la próxima temporada, sinceramente no encuentro nada relevante. No se puede empezar a cambiar cosas por un tiro que no entró en una serie parejísima y frente a un gran rival. Quiero valorizar eso: Dallas es un gran equipo, que defendió brillantemente y que en algunos momentos tuvo una eficacia terrible. Tampoco escuché que se hablara de nada dentro de los Spurs. Es muy temprano para hablar de cambios o de jugadores que podrían no seguir.

Así que hay que pensar en las vacaciones. Parece que mis mejores años en la NBA son los impares (campeón en 2003 y 2005). También podemos considerar esto algo favorable desde el punto de vista de la preparación para el Mundial de Japón. Voy a llegar más descansado a la selección. Y me va a venir bien, porque ahora, unos días después de terminada la serie con Dallas, el relajamiento empieza a traer algunos dolores físicos.

Imagino que el más contento con mis vacaciones debe ser Sergio Hernández...

Así que estos días los aprovecharé para seguir por televisión la final de la Liga Nacional -no lo hice antes porque coincidían los días de juego-, que mi hermano (Sebastián) está disputando para Libertad, de Sunchales, contra Gimnasia, de Comodoro. Yo no tengo el canal internacional de TyC Sports, pero iré a verlo a la casa de Fabri (Oberto). El problema es que el único partido que vi allí fue el que perdió Libertad en las semifinales con Atenas. Sebastián se tiene mucha fe, aunque poco hablamos del tema porque así como a mí no me gusta que me hablen de basquetbol en una instancia tan importante, trato de no molestarlo con lo mismo. Hablamos de otras cosas.

Manu

polandprzem
05-25-2006, 10:00 AM
Ohh that's fucked up :pctoss

leemajors
05-25-2006, 10:04 AM
gino also posted a bulletin on myspace.

BgT
05-25-2006, 10:05 AM
My professional translation :lol

Embocar it or he is not relative, but that lack I did not have to commit it...
by Manu/25-05-06

I already am well. Better. Less sore by this elimination. I already began to relax. I am not either going to drag the bad wave all the vacations. It hurts because we had a great expectation, a great illusion to return to be champions, but it is necessary to accept that we both faced better equipment of the West (with Scythes semifinal series 4 to 3 was lost) and second escaped to us in the last. That series was a lottery, anyone of the two could win, and it was called on us us to be outside... It already is. Only one can be champion. Surely that will be new opportunities. For the tax exemption it was also a painful blow, because all we felt the same, we knew that we could gain the title. There was much sadness. Also he was hard by Michael Finley, who wine of Scythes to play with us because it wanted to gain his first ring. It delivered a great attack and it did not manage to fulfill his dream. Anyway this creates a new challenge to us and causes more hunger for the next season. It is necessary to accept that in a so even series, where six of the seven parties defined seconds in the last, a shot, a bounce or pitazo define the result. For example, many say that in the last play of the regular time of the last Tim party (Duncan) it received a lack after my shot and was not sanctioned. I did not saw, I could not see it it, but two free shots to favor changed the result. I did not saw either in a repetition of television. The players always we thought that the referees harm to us. For that reason we were left all indignant in clothes by that pitazo that did not sound, but I do not believe that the referees have had bad faith. There were so many controversial failures in all the series, but always from a particular optics of player. What acceptance is that I did not have to commit lack to him to Dirk Nowitzki when they were left 21 seconds and we gained 104 to 101. With that double plus the free shot by the lack mine, they tied and we went to the additional one. He made me anger and he gave to more quarrel that action me than the shot that I failed second in the last. The ball can enter or no. Embocar it or he is not relative, but that lack I did not have to commit it. I thought that he reached to block the ball to him, but the German is very long and jumped much. One went away very above. I did not arrive and I touched it. In another party of this series, in a seemed situation, I risked equal and I was able to clear a decisive ball to him to Jason Terry. Of course which I received reproaches from the bank after foul to Nowitzki, but it was only then. After the party it was not said nothing else. It is necessary to have in account that were two hundred thousand errors in all the series, ours and of them. Good, basquetbol is a game of errors, so... In the final play, the one of the closing of the regular time of that seventh playoff, the idea was that one against one played, front to the hoop and trying to consume all along possible so that they did not have left an opportunity them. It had to penetrate and to throw in the last second, leaving tenth so that Duncan defined after a bounce. And good, one did not occur. If now I analyze what we made, what we must correct for the next season, sincerely not at all excellent nonencounter bad. It is not possible to be begun to in front of change things by a shot that parejísima did not enter a series and to a great rival. I want to valorize that: Scythes are a great equipment, that defended shiningly and that at some moments it had a terrible effectiveness. I did not listen either that it was spoken of anything within the Spurs. He is very early to speak of changes or players who could not follow. So there is to think about the vacations. It seems that my better years in the NBA are the odd numbers (champion in 2003 and 2005). Also we can consider this something favorable from the point of view of the preparation for the World-wide one of Japan. I am going to arrive more rested at the selection. And it is going to me to come well, because now, days after finished the series with Scythes, the relaxation begins to bring some physical pains. I imagine that most contented with my vacations he must be Sergio Hernandez... So these days I will take advantage of them to follow by television the end of National Liga - I did not do it before because the days of game agreed -, that my brother (Sebastián) is disputing for Freedom, of Sunchales, against Gymnastics, of Commodore. I do not have the international channel of TyC Sports, but I will see it the house of Fabri (Oberto). The problem is that the only party that I saw there was the one that lost Freedom in the semifinals with Athens. Sebastián has much faith, although little we spoke of the subject because as well as to me I do not like that they speak to me of basquetbol in a so important instance, treatment of not bothering it with the same. We spoke of other things.

Manu

Phenomanul
05-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Excellent read. :depressed

austinfan
05-25-2006, 10:14 AM
If you give me a few minutes, I can do a non-Babelfish translation of this.

BgT
05-25-2006, 10:17 AM
You can, but I think the translation I gave is not bad. :lol You can understand everything.

Streakyshooter08
05-25-2006, 10:17 AM
gino also posted a bulletin on myspace.

Manu has a myspace site`? Could you tell me the URL? That would be cool.

Thanks a lot!

ObiwanGinobili
05-25-2006, 10:18 AM

take all the mins you need!

Even my partial spanish ability is better than babelfish.. it;s frustrating to read. :lol

1Parker1
^:lol Thanks.

ObiwanGinobili
oh- and Thanks Cherry! :tu

1Parker1
05-25-2006, 10:19 AM

Thanks a lot!

:lol Damn, Manu really loves the internet doesn't he?

BgT
05-25-2006, 10:20 AM
take all the mins you need!

Even my partial spanish ability is better than babelfish.. it;s frustrating to read. :lol
I use babelfish a lot, so I got used to it. :lol It's a whole new language, you know. Babelfish English. you have to learn it. :lol

strangeweather
05-25-2006, 10:35 AM
For the tax exemption it was also a painful blow, because all we felt the same, we knew that we could gain the title.
:lmao

I appreciate you posting the translation, but this cracked me up.

austinfan
05-25-2006, 10:39 AM
I'm doing OK. Better. Not feeling as hurt about this elimination. I've already started to relax. And I don't intend to carry this feeling around with me during the off-season either. It hurts because we had such high expectations for ourselves, a great dream of becoming champions again. But you have to accept that we faced one of the top two teams in the West and it only slipped from our grasp in the final seconds. This series was a roll of the dice, either of us could have won, and it fell to us to be on the losing end...What's done is done. Only one can be the winner. There will certainly be more opportunities in the future.

For the franchise it was also a blow, because we all felt the same, we knew we could win the title. There was a lot of sadness. It was also really hard for Michael Finley, who came from Dallas to play with us because he wanted to win his first ring. He made a huge effort and didn't achieve his dream. Be that as it may, this creates for us a new challenge and instills more hunger in us for next season.

You have to accept that in a series that's so close, where 6 of the 7 games were decided in the final seconds, one shot, one rebound or a whistle define the outcome. For example, a lot of people say that the in the final play of regulation in the last game Tim received a foul after my shot and it wasn't called. I didn't see it, I couldn't see it from my position, but two free throws for us change the result. I didn't see it either while watching a replay on television.

We players always think that the referees are working against us. This is why we feel so indignant in the locker room for a foul that wasn't called, but I don't believe the officials had bad intent. There were so many controversial fouls throughout the series, but always from a particular viewpoint of a player.

What I accept is that I shouldn't have committed the foul on DN when there were 21 seconds left and we were winning 104 to 101. :( With these two points plus the free throw being my fault, they tied and we went into overtime. It made me angry and bothered me more than the shot I missed in the last second. The ball could have gone in or not. Having it go in or no is relative, but I shouldn't have committed that foul. :( I thought that I had managed to block the ball, but the German is very tall and jumped high. He went up very high. I didn't get there and touched him. In another game in this series, in a similar situation, I risked the same thing and managed to commit a major steal on Jason Terry. Of course I received reproaches from the bench after the Nowitski foul, but this was only for one moment. After the game was over, no one said anything. You have to remember that there were 200,000 errors throughout the series, ours and theirs. Well, basketball is a game of errors...

In the final play, the one that ended regulation play of this 7th game, the idea was to play one on one, in front of the hoop and trying to consume all the time necessary so that an opportunity didn't open up for them. They had to penetrate and shoot at the last second, leaving a few seconds for Duncan to grab a rebound. And, well, it didn't happen.

If now I analyze what we did wrong, what we should correct for next season, I honestly don't find anything relevant. You can't start changing things for one shot that didn't go in, in a closely matched series against a great rival. I want to emphasize this: Dallas is a great team, who defended brilliantly and that in certain moments had a tremendous efficiency. I also haven't heard of any changes within the Spurs organization. It's still too early to speak of changes or of players who might not be here next year.

So now I have to think about vacation. It seems like my best years in the NBA have been the odd-numbered ones (champions in 2003 and 2005). We can also consider this favorable from the point of view of preparation for the WCs in Japan. I'll arrive more rested to play in the National Team. And it's going to be good for me, because a few days now after the Dallas series, in relaxing I can already feel some physical pains.

I imagine that the person most happy about my vacation must be Sergio Hernandez. [?]

These upcoming days I'll take advantage of to follow the finals of the National League--I hadn't done this before because they coincided with our games--that my brother (Sebastian) is playing with Libertad against Gimnasia. I don't get the international channel for TyC Sports, but I'll go watch it at Fabricio's house. The problem is that the only game that I saw over there was the one that Libertad lost against Atenas. Sebastian has a lot of faith, although we don't really speak about it, because just as I don't like to talk about basketball on such an important occasion, I try not to do the same thing to him. We talk about other things.

Old School Chic
05-25-2006, 10:40 AM
Manu, Gracias por ser como eres... :makeout

Old School Chic
05-25-2006, 10:42 AM
I just love the vid's on Cherry's Sig... :lol

Timmy reminds me of a little boy.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-25-2006, 10:48 AM
:lol Damn, Manu really loves the internet doesn't he?
I know. :lol He should start posting back on his forum.

I like how earlier in the year he described his down to earth lifestyle, "I like chilling, relaxing at home, surfing the web, favorite sites, IMDB, FIBA, watching t.v., read. " or something like that. What a homebody.

ObiwanGinobili
05-25-2006, 10:50 AM
I know. :lol He should start posting back on his forum.

I like how earlier in the year he described his down to earth lifestyle, "I like chilling, relaxing at home, surfing the web, favorite sites, IMDB, FIBA, watching t.v., read. " or something like that. What a homebody.

:tu thats my kinda guy! :princess

WalterBenitez
05-25-2006, 10:50 AM
My professional translation :lol
Embocar it or he is not relative, but that lack I did not have to commit it...
by Manu/25-05-06

that english is bad as mine :lol

angel_luv
05-25-2006, 10:53 AM
Thanks for post and translation. :)

I am so happy and relieved to hear Gino is doing better. I was worried.

WalterBenitez
05-25-2006, 10:54 AM
We players always think that the referees are working against us. This is why we feel so indignant in the locker room for a foul that wasn't called, but I don't believe the officials had bad intent. There were so many controversial fouls throughout the series, but always from a particular viewpoint of a player.

Don't worry Manu, remember those wise words coming from a poet

"NBA's refs sucks" Mark Cuban

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-25-2006, 10:55 AM
Kudos on the second translation AF...

sorry BgT...That was so Confusing. It got progressively worse.

Did you run that through the translator programs? :lol

Cherry
05-25-2006, 10:56 AM

Thanks a lot!

Manu site www.manuginobili.com (spanish only)

WalterBenitez
05-25-2006, 10:57 AM
"It seems like my best years in the NBA have been the odd-numbered ones (champions in 2003 and 2005)" by Manu

:eyebrows hey Mavs ... be ready

Doc Jerome
05-25-2006, 10:57 AM
Great for Manu. However, this is the reason the Spurs need to acquire J. R. Smith, Manu will be banged up and tired when the season starts. The way this guy plays, if he gets injured during the WC in Japan, he will become a major liability for the Spurs.

We all trust that this guy will preserve himself for another championship run, but the risk is very high. Hopefully he will be fine and this will just serve to sharpen his basketball skills and allow him to come into training camp in shape.

Stay tuned, . . . :fro

angel_luv
05-25-2006, 11:03 AM
I don't get the international channel for TyC Sports, but I'll go watch it at Fabricio's house

:lmao about Gino having to watch t.v. at Fabri's.

Time Warner, what! :lol

Old School Chic
05-25-2006, 11:17 AM
"It seems like my best years in the NBA have been the odd-numbered ones (champions in 2003 and 2005)" by Manu

:eyebrows hey Mavs ... be ready

Spurs 2007 NBA Champions :elephant

BgT
05-25-2006, 11:45 AM
Did you run that through the translator programs? :lol
Yes, why do you ask? :lmao Get outta here, I still say the translation is understandable. It is! :lol

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-25-2006, 11:59 AM
I tearing up in laughter @ Cherry's sig

WHY SPURS WHY DID YOU LOSE?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phenomanul
05-25-2006, 01:10 PM
:lmao about Gino having to watch t.v. at Fabri's.

Time Warner, what! :lol

:lol :lol

Despot
05-25-2006, 03:03 PM
Of course I received reproaches from the bench after the Nowitski foul, but this was only for one moment.

That might have thrown him off for the final shot.

1Parker1
05-25-2006, 03:32 PM
:lmao @ Cherry's sig. I love Tim!

leemajors
05-25-2006, 03:35 PM

Thanks a lot!

www.myspace.com/ginosworld

angel_luv
05-25-2006, 03:37 PM

You guys don't really believe that is him, do you?

I bet it isn't.

http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36198&highlight=spurs+space

leemajors
05-25-2006, 03:39 PM

I bet it isn't.

i have no idea if it is or not. maybe it's some fat old guy.

angel_luv
05-25-2006, 03:46 PM
Next time Gino answers questions on is message board, I will try to remember to ask him. :)

Cherry
05-25-2006, 07:40 PM

Is NOT him at all!! :lol

Manu answers questions only here: http://www.manuginobili.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17494&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

...i want chat wiht him again. :depressed

angel_luv
05-25-2006, 08:17 PM
Is NOT him at all!! :lol

Manu answers questions only here: http://www.manuginobili.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17494&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

...i want chat wiht him again. :depressed

I was pretty sure it wasn't him. :)

I check the chat for Gino but either my timing is bad or he hasn't been in at all in awhile.

adonis827
05-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Manu site www.manuginobili.com (spanish only)
in english too

adonis827
05-25-2006, 11:25 PM
Hey Cherry can i grab the pictures in your signature? I like it a lot! duncan is so playful and ginobili looks funny

adonis827
05-26-2006, 12:48 AM
in english too

ok the forums are in spanish :lol

Typhoon
05-26-2006, 01:46 AM
Great for Manu. However, this is the reason the Spurs need to acquire J. R. Smith, Manu will be banged up and tired when the season starts. The way this guy plays, if he gets injured during the WC in Japan, he will become a major liability for the Spurs.

We all trust that this guy will preserve himself for another championship run, but the risk is very high. Hopefully he will be fine and this will just serve to sharpen his basketball skills and allow him to come into training camp in shape.

Stay tuned, . . . :fro

u make Manu sound like hes 60 years old, the guy is in good shape, next season hes gonna be like the old Manu again ..

This season Manu had some tough injuries at the beggining and keep him to being like he has last year, but at the end of the Spurs-Mavs Manu was in great shape and playing like before .. Im sure the best of Manu is still to come.

Mrs.Tlong
05-26-2006, 09:32 AM
ok the forums are in spanish :lol

2 are in english.

Horry For 3!
05-26-2006, 09:46 AM

I bet it isn't.

It is not him. I got added by that person acting to be Manu. I doubt Manu would randomly add me :lmao

spurschick
05-26-2006, 09:56 AM
Manu is the kind of guy who needs to keep playing. Taking last summer off may have seemed like the right thing to do, but I think it actually hurt him more than helped. He never got into a groove and, when he started to, he would get injured. It was a constant uphill battle and things didn't seem to start rolling for him until the playoffs, and even then he wasn't consistent.

IMO, we're going to see a different Manu at the start of next season. Or perhaps, the Manu we're used to seeing. I think that he gets a lot of his fire and energy from playing with his national team. Since international play is different from the NBA, he gets to unleash the craziness that he has to reign in during the NBA season. There are those, i.e. Pop, that say Manu is the most competitive person they've ever seen. If that is true, Manu will have another All-Star year and will be back in the finals.

angel_luv
05-26-2006, 10:12 AM
:lmao @ Cherry's sig. I love Tim!

:lol Me too!

Timmy is like a bad little kid- although I think Gino is too when he is injured on the bench.

austinfan
05-26-2006, 10:14 AM
I think that he gets a lot of his fire and energy from playing with his national team. Since international play is different from the NBA, he gets to unleash the craziness that he has to reign in during the NBA season.

Very good point. I'm sure there's also a comfort level Manu feels from playing with his Argentine teammates, since they all go way back, that contributes to that freewheeling style. And it probably doesn't hurt to change things up and keep them fresh by working with a different coach for a few months.

Cherry
05-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Hey Cherry can i grab the pictures in your signature? I like it a lot! duncan is so playful and ginobili looks funny

yes :princess

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/7605/manubrent9cb.gifhttp://img106.imageshack.us/img106/3104/tonynst1go.gif

MoSpur
05-26-2006, 01:04 PM
I read that whole thing and I feel better about the loss and exit of the playoffs. Manu knows that he made a mistake and isn't afraid to man up to it. It seems like he is really caring when it comes to how the other players feel/felt. Especially Michael Finley.

Manu wants to win more than anyone. He is the man and I can now forgive him for that mistake. Like he cares.

abelle23
05-26-2006, 04:08 PM
Nice Sig Cherry!! Whred You Get The Clips?

~Sweetmelody~
05-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Nice Interview, Love Manu. :makeout

I can't stop laughing at those animations. :lol

Cherry
05-26-2006, 06:49 PM
Nice Sig Cherry!! Whred You Get The Clips?

from the WOAI video of the team picture.

Manu will be ok soon. We have to be pround of him and enjoy his game for the next 4 years.