PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets

Bartzini
05-25-2006, 10:52 AM
My wife and i are die hard spurs fans, ive been a fan since i saw a spurs v phoenix game as a kid back in the hemisfare arena (dan marjle, charles barkley, kevin johnson!).

I have never really been in a financial situation to buy season tickets untill this year, so i had usually just bought from Ebay or ticket exchange when i had some extra money. I really want to buy season tickets for next year, so i called on tuesday and was told the only seats they have left are in the 200's.

ughh!

What do you have to do, or when do you have to call to be able to get the lower level seats? Is it a tenure thing? Those that have owned season tickets in previous years get better selection?

Im considering just buying the upper deck tickets, but i figure i can probably grab those at a cheaper rate per game from ticket exchange or ebay.

Im not sure..any advice?

SpursWoman
05-25-2006, 11:02 AM
I tried to move to lower-level, too, but right now they are all sold out.

You might want to wait a week or two ... since the Spurs didn't move on there may be some that cancel. You know they are out there. :fro

THE SIXTH MAN
05-25-2006, 11:14 AM
It is a tenure thing, season ticket holders get first dibbs on the rights to the seats they have. I tried last year to get lower level seats, and the same thing happend to me. Like spurswoman said you might want to try again. It all depends on the state of the team, some people might cancel if their not satisfied with off season moves.

Bartzini
05-25-2006, 11:14 AM
Ive been in email talk with a rep from the spurs ticket place..

My wife works Tues through Thurs nights, so she is wanting to just get the 10 game weekend thing, as she would miss a lot, if not all, of the week day games. I just think buying a 10 game package would be a waste, i dunno, doesnt seem like a real deal season ticket.

But...

Section 207 Row 9

Section 209 Row 8

Section 223 Row 8

Section 225 Row 8

For the 25 game pkg are 1100 a seat. That just seems kinda pricey for upper level seats.

Id be curious to know what the lower level ones start at. I dunno maybe i need to change my expectations, i may be thinking in a completely different price bracket.

THE SIXTH MAN
05-25-2006, 11:24 AM
For the 25 game pkg are 1100 a seat. That just seems kinda pricey for upper level seats.

I think thats the price x 25, not 1100 x 25. Divide 1100 by 25 and thats the real price of the seat.

newbiefan
05-25-2006, 11:27 AM
i wait for the beginning of the season, go to ticket exchange, several tickets available from season ticket holders who aren't sure if they're going. buy the lower level seats for games i want to go to. gotta get them early in the season though.

Bartzini
05-25-2006, 11:28 AM
No i understand that..

I just think 44 bucks a seat for an upper level ticket is kinda pricey.

I bought tickets on ebay for some blow off games (atlanta and portland) that were upper level for like 10 bucks for 2 sets of 2 tickets.

i dunno, maybe my thinking is off.

Bartzini
05-25-2006, 11:29 AM
i wait for the beginning of the season, go to ticket exchange, several tickets available from season ticket holders who aren't sure if they're going. buy the lower level seats for games i want to go to. gotta get them early in the season though.

That is probably a great idea...

tlongII
05-25-2006, 11:31 AM
I think thats the price x 25, not 1100 x 25. Divide 1100 by 25 and thats the real price of the seat.

That comes to $44 per seat which sounds about right. My guess is that your lower level seats run around $60-90 per seat for most locations.

AlvinRobertsonrocksjail
05-25-2006, 12:30 PM
sneak in the arena..

kskonn
05-25-2006, 02:41 PM
My lower level seats are 78 per seat per game.

once they playoffs hit they double.

MannyIsGod
05-25-2006, 03:54 PM
SW, if you don't mind me asknig how much are your 2 current seats?

MannyIsGod
05-25-2006, 03:55 PM
I don't think I'm going to buy an entire season. I just don't think I'll be very into it at the begining of the year. I know this year it took me months to get into it.

I think a half season pack is probably the best thing for me. Thats probably what I'll talk to them about.

ShoogarBear
I would get whatever you can right now, which will give you a toehold for upgrading later.

Vashner
Remember.. we are a one stoplight po dunk small market. No one here has any money and we ride horses to work,

Signed Paul Tag,

SpursWoman
05-25-2006, 04:02 PM
SW, if you don't mind me asknig how much are your 2 current seats?

Together they are $2911.50 ... The parking pass for lot 6 is $225

So, $3,136.50.

There are no 1/2 season or 10 game packages available in the lower level as of yet .... we were looking to do that instead, but just ended up renewing these. It's hard to get anything first row on the aisle.

:fro

T Park
05-25-2006, 04:12 PM
Ive had season tickets since the 89 90 season, and I moved UP from the Alamodome.

Its hard to move down.

Im gonna put in my request again this offseason.

Hopefully, I can!

But thats amazing the entire lower bowl is sold out.

Awesome.

nbascribe
05-25-2006, 04:30 PM
The girlfriend and I are going to do the same thing but Club 200 is it right now. I talked to Jimi Olson, he is one of the senior Spurs season ticket reps. He told me that yeah the lower bowl is already sold out but that sometimes what happens is that you get some members who don't want to buy the WHOLE season; they just by a half the season and then go for the playoff package. Call the Spurs season ticket office like around June 15th or so and see where they stand. You never know.

That's what the girlriend and I are going to do for next season; buy the 25 game package x2 tickets and then buy our playoff tickets. The good thing is that I don't hae to pay for PARKING!! lol

MannyIsGod
05-25-2006, 04:52 PM
I'm fine with seats upstairs as long as they are in the first few rows.

ducks
05-25-2006, 04:53 PM
I am fine with tickets in the first row

SpursWoman
05-25-2006, 04:55 PM
I am fine with tickets in the first row

So are we, that's why we renewed. :lol

ducks
05-25-2006, 04:56 PM
I meant first row of the lower section

PakiDan
05-25-2006, 05:09 PM
OK - here it is.... I was formally an account executive with SS&E. There are at times in house manuevering that can be done. If you are serious about purchasing lower level season tickets, let me know. PM me and I will explore all avenues for you. If you have questions as to how I can help, PM me. Thanks!

Carie
05-25-2006, 09:50 PM
That's a nice offer Paki.

One thing to consider about buying per game from TicketExchange, you don't get season ticket holder benefits. I.E. your seats guaranteed for the playoffs.

I feel horrible. We're going to be "one of those" who cancel our season tickets. But it has nothing to do with being out of the playoffs. We'd decided this before the playoffs even started, they were going to be our last horrah. We're trying to save for a house, and renewing our season tickets isn't the way to do it. Seriously, it's one of the hardest decisions we've ever had to make. How sad is that? Anyway, I'm going to feel like a total deserter when I make that call.

T Park
05-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Your not Carie.

That is responsible and smart.

Doesn't make you less of a fan.

nbascribe
05-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Carie that's not making you less of a fan.

The only reason why the girlfriend and I are buying season tickets for next season is the tax write off for my business. The games that I don't work, I can go to with her or she can take her nephew. The other games we can put up on ticket exchange and make some change for the playoff package that I know is going to cost us big time.

Saving for a crib is more important than spending $5.00 for some cotton candy at the 'Barn'.

Carie
05-25-2006, 11:17 PM
Thanks guys. We've only had them for 3 seasons now, we got them when John got his master's to celebrate. This year we moved to the upper deck to try and help, but that's still thousands of dollars. It's still going to feel SO WEIRD to watch all of the games from home. Like we're not part of it, ya know?

I feel like we're doing the right thing, but it doesn't make it suck any less :madrun