PDA

View Full Version : Raja Bell might be done

BillsCarnage
05-25-2006, 12:11 PM
On the local radio today Ivaroni (Suns assistant and the one who took Bobo's spike to the face) said Bell has a mild to moderate calf tear. He said 5-7 days, but that's being VERY generous. I wouldn't be suprised to see him miss the rest of the PO's. Most unfortunate, but someone else will have to step up like they've done all season.

LEONARD
05-25-2006, 12:13 PM
I had that feeling when he went down...he's a tough dude and he went down like a sack of potatoes...

I hate to see anybody get hurt at this point...haven't heard much on Howard...I doubt if he'll play tomorrow though...

BillsCarnage
05-25-2006, 12:18 PM
Only thing with the Suns is this shortens an already short rotation. Bobo or Jones will start in his place - i'd prefer Jones as he's taller and a better perimeter defender.

House really needs to find his shot now.

LEONARD
05-25-2006, 12:20 PM
Howard > Bell overall, but Bell being out definitely hurts the Suns more...no doubt...

BillsCarnage
05-25-2006, 12:22 PM
Howard > Bell overall, but Bell being out definitely hurts the Suns more...no doubt...

Howard is a bigger player and probably more athletic but no doubt Bell would be a bigger loss.

JamStone
05-25-2006, 12:28 PM
And, somewhere in Los Angeles, a 6-foot-6 shooting guard who is changing his jersey number next year is sitting back in his recliner and smiling.

Dunc
05-25-2006, 12:31 PM
And, somewhere in Los Angeles, a 6-foot-6 shooting guard who is changing his jersey number next year is sitting back in his recliner and smiling.

:lmao

Ishta
05-25-2006, 12:41 PM
And, somewhere in Los Angeles, a 6-foot-6 shooting guard who is changing his jersey number next year is sitting back in his recliner and smiling.Now THAT is funny!!

BillsCarnage
05-25-2006, 12:42 PM

With his fishing pole too, right. :lol

BillsCarnage
05-25-2006, 12:46 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2457177

Howard sprained his right ankle midway through the first quarter of the Suns' 121-118 victory. X-rays taken during the game showed no break. The team said Thursday that an MRI revealed a right ankle bone bruise and he is day-to-day.

JamStone
05-25-2006, 12:51 PM
With his fishing pole too, right. :lol

You know what sucks?

His fishing pole cost more than my car. :angel

JMarkJohns
05-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Sucks...

leemajors
05-25-2006, 01:00 PM
i wonder if howard's ability to stay healthy will affect his extension negotiations this summer. you don't want to lose a player like him, but if he can't stay healthy signing him long term is a risk...

JMarkJohns
05-25-2006, 01:40 PM
i wonder if howard's ability to stay healthy will affect his extension negotiations this summer. you don't want to lose a player like him, but if he can't stay healthy signing him long term is a risk...

Dallas is really at the crossroads... Within the next two years, Jason Terry, Keith Van Horn, Josh Howard and Jerry Stackhouse are all free agents.

To reason just two of them longterm will likely launch the Mavericks into the 100 million dollar range. Plus, Dirk has a player option for his final year, so he could possibly be added to that list.

That's a lot of important players in the midst of turnover.

Rip-Hamilton32
05-25-2006, 02:42 PM
howard is only day to day...

RON ARTEST
05-25-2006, 03:25 PM
damn how many injuries can one team have? this is a big loss for the suns.

CubanMustGo
05-25-2006, 03:31 PM
Dallas is really at the crossroads... Within the next two years, Jason Terry, Keith Van Horn, Josh Howard and Jerry Stackhouse are all free agents.

To reason just two of them longterm will likely launch the Mavericks into the 100 million dollar range. Plus, Dirk has a player option for his final year, so he could possibly be added to that list.

Nah. Stack and KVH will be old and let go. And Cubes has money coming out the wazoo, he won't care. Hell, he's paying out nearly $100M this year in salaries. KVH is gone after this year, maybe even if he offers to take a huge pay cut.

Hard to believe, too, that the highest paid Mavs are KVH and Finley .. and that Fin will continue to be paid millions of $$ more than Dirk over the next two years.

LEONARD
05-25-2006, 03:57 PM

KVH is DEFINITELY gone...$15.5M off the books...

Mavs salary situation
http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm

Definitely have to re-sign Terry...

It'll be nice to have guys like Wahad, Eschmeyer, Bradley, and Finley off the books eventually!! :drunk

leemajors
05-25-2006, 04:03 PM
damn i forgot about the esch

JMarkJohns
05-25-2006, 04:20 PM
It's not that I don't think Dallas can't afford to resign Terry, Howard and eventually Dirk and Harris... it's just that having that many important players influx can lead to problems.

Here's an example.

In the 2004 offseason, the Suns signed Quentin Richardson to a contract paying basically 7+ million per year. They then offered Joe Johnson a similer contract, which was promtly turned down because Johnson, being better than Richardson, wanted a better offer. In the 2005 offseason, the Suns offer JJ a contract paying basically 10 per year. However, this came after players like Redd and Hughes got 14-per year contracts. This led to unbelievable turmoil and conflict in reguards to team value, perceived value and market value.

If the Mavs pay Terry 10 million per season, Howard may want the same, if not more. Then when Harris is starting over Terry in three years, he may want a 12 million per contract.. any of these players could end up slighted by Cuban (see Nash)... this could cause resentment if not even a departure amongst this valuable core.

I'm just saying, having this many important, potential high-priced players in flux could lead to some problems down the road.

Suns are the same way. They have Tim Thomas, Boris Diaw and Leandro Barbosa all in need of new contracts within the next two years.