PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about this trade?

superfedja
05-25-2006, 03:02 PM
I believe the Spurs should try to acquire Tyson Chandler. We can do a sign-and-trade with Nazr. If the contracts don't match( I don't know what's Tyson's contract but it must be huge... someone give me the info if you have it), which will probably happen, we can always throw in one of these contracts ( Rasho, Beno, Horry, Barry, Oberto) or we can always try a 3 or 4 team deal with these guys. Anyways I believe that Tyson Chandler would be perfect for the spurs. Every team, in the NBA history, who had 2 good defensive centers has had great success.

Tyson Chandler has the potential to be one of the best defenders in the league. He's extremely young and extremely mobile and athletic for his size. He is probably the best rebounder in the NBA (since he leads the NBA in rebounds per 48 minutes) and he is a good shot-blocker and help-defender (team-defender). His FG% is 56% which means that he doesnt take stupid shots.

What do you guys think about this trade?

I don't know what's his contract but if someone knows post-it.

Thanx I appreciate it.

Texas_Ranger
05-25-2006, 03:03 PM
Rasho and barry for Chandler. This could work.

Bruno
05-25-2006, 03:04 PM
Chandler $55.5M/5 years left on his contract

SsKSpurs21
05-25-2006, 03:09 PM
chandler has alot of potential. he is the shotblocker rebounder we are needing as well PLUS he is young. i say put nazr, beno, barry, and maybe a first round pick for tyson chandler and luol deng. id do that in a heart beat.

SenorSpur
05-25-2006, 03:09 PM
I believe the Spurs should try to acquire Tyson Chandler. We can do a sign-and-trade with Nazr. If the contracts don't match( I don't know what's Tyson's contract but it must be huge... someone give me the info if you have it), which will probably happen, we can always throw in one of these contracts ( Rasho, Beno, Horry, Barry, Oberto) or we can always try a 3 or 4 team deal with these guys. Anyways I believe that Tyson Chandler would be perfect for the spurs. Every team, in the NBA history, who had 2 good defensive centers has had great success.

Tyson Chandler has the potential to be one of the best defenders in the league. He's extremely young and extremely mobile and athletic for his size. He is probably the best rebounder in the NBA (since he leads the NBA in rebounds per 48 minutes) and he is a good shot-blocker and help-defender (team-defender). His FG% is 56% which means that he doesnt take stupid shots.

What do you guys think about this trade?

I don't know what's his contract but if someone knows post-it.

Thanx I appreciate it.

Even though Chandler is "offensively challenged", I'd love having him on our team. He would certainly provide help in the three areas where we need the most - defense, rebounding and shot-blocking.

spur219
05-25-2006, 03:13 PM
That is what I have been saying for this past whole week!

Bruno
05-25-2006, 03:14 PM
Concerning your trade : Bulls have no interest to do a S&T with nazr because they are under the cap.
Chandler isn't a center, he is a PF and can be a great fit with Duncan : he is quick enough to defend on guys like Dirk.

Bulls aren't happy with Chandler : he hasn't a great attitude and has made a bad season. It's possible that they want to trade him.

If we trade for Chandler, we must dump Rasho's contract in the trade to avoid to pay the luxury tax.

The more realistic trade can be something like :
Rasho + rights to Scola to Chicago
Chandler to SA
Barry to Charlotte/New Orleans

maybe Spurs should give more to Bull but that's only the basis.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-25-2006, 03:15 PM
The Spurs wouldn't commit to that kind of money I don't think.

Besides, Tyson Chandler always conjures up images of Charles Smith I in my head for some reason. They don't play the same style (unless uninspired is a style) but I get the same weird feeling about him that I used to get about CS-I.

Bruno
05-25-2006, 03:15 PM
chandler has alot of potential. he is the shotblocker rebounder we are needing as well PLUS he is young. i say put nazr, beno, barry, and maybe a first round pick for tyson chandler and luol deng. id do that in a heart beat.

Deng is a pipe dream.

SenorSpur
05-25-2006, 03:16 PM

Would love to get Deng too. With Chicago now the proud owners of that number 2 pick, they'll probably go after size. With so many young players they won't be able to pay all of them. Provided they don't make a run at KG, perhaps we can work out a deal.

SsKSpurs21
05-25-2006, 03:17 PM
i would really like luel deng in the mix if we can get something to work, unless we can find another long SF who is capable of the same and for a cheaper price.

they ARE looking to fill that big man void. chandler has not panned out and sweetney was no good either, they will look to take their lamarcus aldridge or tyrus thomas. both are capable of taking chandlers spot. IF lemarcus aldridge goes first then they will take tyrus thomas who is a PF so they will probably be looking for a C. this is where our trade could work out in their favor.

How about...

Rasho, rights to scola, barry, and first round pick

for

Chandler and luel deng?

Bruno
05-25-2006, 03:22 PM
How about...

Rasho, rights to scola, barry, and first round pick

for

Chandler and luel deng?

Deng is a pipe dream (bis).

We can't get it without giving up one of the big 3.
You like him, I like him too but we can't get every player we like.

Slinkyman
05-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Tyson Chandler is soft, he lost his starting job in chicago because of that. He was also a non factor against Miami where he had more fouls, 29, then rebounds, 27.

SsKSpurs21
05-25-2006, 03:28 PM
You like him, I like him too but we can't get every player we like.

yea thats true. slinky chandler seems soft but he doesnt have much post help. he is an excellent HELP defender which is what we need. with TD anchoring the post chandler just has to watch his back which he is capable of doing. plus pop is a motivator. he will get the best out of chandler. who are their other SFs? i know for a fact they wont let go of nocioni.

boutons_
05-25-2006, 03:30 PM
"pop is a motivator. he will get the best out of chandler."

... didn't work with Rasho, even after driving into deepest Slovenia to recruit him.

DJ Lean
05-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Someone mentioned earlier that he is not a C but a PF, well in Chicago, he always plays 5 so I'm not sure where that came from. He is 7'1" so he does have size. He's athletic, speed is definitely increased from Nazr/Rasho. Though his contract is large, he is maybe the youth that can boost our Spurs back for the next seasons to come.

Also someone mentioned he had a lot of fouls against Miami, well you also have to factor in the Shaq part. Like others said, he is a nice help defender, and you have to realize he didn't have much help in the paint in Chicago.

Bruno
05-25-2006, 04:14 PM
Someone mentioned earlier that he is not a C but a PF, well in Chicago, he always plays 5 so I'm not sure where that came from. He is 7'1" so he does have size.

False, he played PF when Curry was the center.
He is maybe 7'1" (Garnett is 7'1" too) but he is too skinny to be a center, he played center this year because Bulls lacks of centers this year.
He can play center but his best position is PF even if he hasn't the perimeter game to be a real PF.
I've read too an interview from him : he likes more playing PF than center.

jcrod
05-25-2006, 04:23 PM
I wish people would stop creating these unrealistic trade scenirios.

Bruno
05-25-2006, 07:12 PM
I wish people would stop creating these unrealistic trade scenirios.

It's not unrealistic at all.
Read bulls article and you will learn how ther are pissed with Chandler.
I'm not sure they want to keep him and his $55M contract.

ALVAREZ6
05-25-2006, 07:14 PM
Chandler would be a hell of a player if he could play a quarter of basketball without picking up 6 fouls.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Read bulls article and you will learn how ther are pissed with Chandler.
I'm not sure they want to keep him and his $55M contract.

But the Spurs, notorious for toeing the salary cap line, would be chomping at the bit to take it on :lol

Bruno
05-25-2006, 07:34 PM
But the Spurs, notorious for toeing the salary cap line, would be chomping at the bit to take it on :lol

Chandler has the upside to be worth his contract.
If he can average 10pts/10rbs/2 blocks in 32 min (not far from what he did in 04-05), Spurs won't have any problem to give him $10M/year.

Spurs have no problem to give Duncan $17m/year but have problems $8m/year for Rasho or $5m/year for Barry is bad.
We can stay under the luxury tax even with Chandler.

And Spurs aren't that cheap : we have the 7th highest payroll this year and we will pay the luxury tax.

WalterBenitez
05-25-2006, 07:35 PM
No, nop, nops ... Tyson Chandler a good defender?? come on!

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-25-2006, 07:46 PM
If he can average 10pts/10rbs/2 blocks in 32 min (not far from what he did in 04-05), Spurs won't have any problem to give him $10M/year.

One, put down the crackpipe.

Two, the guy played on a team (Chicago) that their GM has modeled on the Spurs. All he had to do to stay in good graces was hustle, and he couldn't even be bothered, for a playoff team that gave Miami a good fight.

The guy's a loser. An 11 million dollar loser. No thanks.

Bruno
05-25-2006, 07:52 PM
The guy's a loser. An 11 million dollar loser. No thanks.

Ok, it's your opinion. I disagree with that and I think he can be great with us.

midgetonadonkey
05-25-2006, 08:11 PM
I think it doesn't matter what anyone here thinks.

TDMVPDPOY
05-25-2006, 08:45 PM
dude has no offensive game, and his contract is nasty.

Dalamar_the_Dark
05-25-2006, 11:12 PM
Please no Tyson Chandler. His contract will kill us. Holt would never approve.

GO SPurs Go
05-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Even though Chandler is "offensively challenged", I'd love having him on our team. He would certainly provide help in the three areas where we need the most - defense, rebounding and shot-blocking.
DEFENSE, REBOUNDING, SHOT-BLOCKING- SEE SERIES VS. MIAMI. Hell, even Jason Kapono was more efficient than him. He defenatley had more fouls than points in all the games!