PDA

View Full Version : 06-07 Spurs will be back in the NBA Finals

nbascribe
05-25-2006, 03:02 PM
This year's team may get broken up a bit (Nazr, Rasho, Van Exel, etc) but with a majority of the players coming back, they could very well be as dominant as the 2005 champs were.

It takes adversity for thse Spurs teams to get inspired. I guess after you've won three titles, it's kind of hard to have a big chip on your shoulder the following year. Well next year that chip should be as big as Mt. Rushmore; especially for Manu. Right now he is the one player that can be totally linked to a bad playoff performance.

GO SPURS GO -- 2007 NBA CHAMPS!!! (Well maybe!!)

degenerate_gambler
05-25-2006, 03:05 PM
...and don't discount the fact that next year is an odd-numbered year.

It all adds up to a return to the top with vengeance.

SsKSpurs21
05-25-2006, 03:06 PM
i think manu will be back with a vengance! he felt he let the team down with his injuries and bad play and he will be looking to redeem himself. parker is going to work on his shot more, if he can develop a 3 point shot he will be deadly. finley will be determined next year as well, plus another year in the system he will be more relaxed and let the game flow. we need to find 1 or 2 REALLY good pieces and we are set.

GO SPURS GO!

DDS4
05-25-2006, 03:07 PM
Sometimes you need to get knocked on your ass to give you that edge.

They'll have an edge next year.

sa_butta
05-25-2006, 03:08 PM
This year's team may get broken up a bit (Nazr, Rasho, Van Exel, etc) but with a majority of the players coming back, they could very well be as dominant as the 2005 champs were.

It takes adversity for thse Spurs teams to get inspired. I guess after you've won three titles, it's kind of hard to have a big chip on your shoulder the following year. Well next year that chip should be as big as Mt. Rushmore; especially for Manu. Right now he is the one player that can be totally linked to a bad playoff performance.

GO SPURS GO -- 2007 NBA CHAMPS!!! (Well maybe!!)I think they will be great next year, there are only a few gaps to fill in a solid back up PG and a solid C. I like Rasho still as a backup C. The offseason should be interesting.

sa_butta
05-25-2006, 03:09 PM
...and don't discount the fact that next year is an odd-numbered year.

It all adds up to a return to the top with vengeance.Some lady called into the ticket 760 the other day and mentioned that:lol .

SpursWoman
...and don't discount the fact that next year is an odd-numbered year

I was thinking about that same thing earlier today .... :lol

nbascribe
Also keep in mind that next year the playoff seeding allows for an absolute 1-2 match up if teams play to plan.

austinfan
05-25-2006, 03:13 PM
2006-07: Win for Fin.

I think the front office got a little complacent after last year's championship run and didn't add the pieces of the puzzle that would really sustain the intensity needed for a repeat this year. And you have to admit it's hard to do: maintain that hunger when you've just won it all and when everyone is telling you how brilliant you are. It doesn't sharpen your survival instincts. But the Spurs organization is so good, that I don't see them having two dud summers in a row.

Plus Tim's plantar fascitis will be gone, Tony will be on the second year of his project with Chip Engelland, we'll have an infusion of youth, the players will want to get a ring for Finley, and, maybe most important of all, Manu will be on a self-redemption mission. With those ingredients I like our chances.

CubanMustGo
05-25-2006, 03:18 PM
As long as we bring in someone to help with (a) speed and (b) rebounding.

nbascribe
05-25-2006, 03:26 PM
If there was a way to get Speedy Claxton back, i wish they would. The problem with adding pieces is that beause this team is so good, the draft is near useless and free agency is a bear to deal with.

greens
05-25-2006, 03:33 PM
It seems that the Spurs have to really fall in order to truly rise up again. So be it that they haven't been able to repeat two years in a row...Most teams don't even have one championship...and we have THREE in the last seven years...that's amazing.

I agree, Manu will be on a mission. He was born to be a winner. The guy is just not meant to lose. And Tim, even with his foot issue, he still had more than 30 points per game in the playoffs...41 in game 7...So yeah, he'll be back even better if that's even possible. Tony will be back better than ever. He had a great year this season, too. But in the last few games, he was out of fuel...Horry will be back to top big shot Bobby shape...He'll shoot his pressure shots like there is no tomorrow. Brucie will be back doing what he does best: blocking 7 footers! LOL...He'll be back as the best defensive player there is...And Finley will be even more comfortable and at home with the Spurs. His threes would be a killer!

Yes, I do see our win in 2007...Let's get our baby back next season!

boutons_
05-25-2006, 03:35 PM
"knocked on your ass to give you that edge"

.... the anti-formula for repeating.

Jdspur20
05-25-2006, 05:26 PM
i will say one thing, if the spurs can come back from .4, they can get past this. it sucked, but they have seen worse. i expect the spurs to come out with a more chip on there shoulder. i thought finley did well in his first season, and i think he will do better off the bench next year. plus, the core of the team isn't going anywhere.

Jdspur20
05-25-2006, 05:28 PM
It seems that the Spurs have to really fall in order to truly rise up again. So be it that they haven't been able to repeat two years in a row...Most teams don't even have one championship...and we have THREE in the last seven years...that's amazing.

I agree, Manu will be on a mission. He was born to be a winner. The guy is just not meant to lose. And Tim, even with his foot issue, he still had more than 30 points per game in the playoffs...41 in game 7...So yeah, he'll be back even better if that's even possible. Tony will be back better than ever. He had a great year this season, too. But in the last few games, he was out of fuel...Horry will be back to top big shot Bobby shape...He'll shoot his pressure shots like there is no tomorrow. Brucie will be back doing what he does best: blocking 7 footers! LOL...He'll be back as the best defensive player there is...And Finley will be even more comfortable and at home with the Spurs. His threes would be a killer!

Yes, I do see our win in 2007...Let's get our baby back next season!

not only have the spurs got 3 out of the last 7, they have the best winning percentage in any sport franchise since 1997. that shows there a contender every year.

skillz
05-25-2006, 06:50 PM
i see a little more than a championship in 07. Robinson in 87 Duncan in 97 then next great one in 07.

ALVAREZ6
05-25-2006, 06:52 PM
There's not doubt in my mind that the Spurs are back in the 06-07 Finals.

greens
05-25-2006, 07:00 PM
They'll be back with a vengence...This baby was theirs, and the Dallas Mavs cheated and won...I have never seen more ridiculous fouls and calls down by any refs in the world than the ones in Dallas...So I hope we get our baby back in 07....

tlongII
05-25-2006, 07:05 PM
They will have an excellent shot......but so will Dallas, Phoenix, Miami, Detroit, and possibly Cleveland.