PDA

View Full Version : On Around The Horn

RON ARTEST
05-25-2006, 05:36 PM
one of the guys said ben wallace isnt that happy in detroit and might leave after this season. do you pistons fans think this is true or is it just a rumor?

JamStone
05-25-2006, 05:46 PM
Ben Wallace is pissed he doesn't ever touch the ball on offense unless it's an offensive rebound. He does not like the fact Sidney Lowe took him out of the offense almost completely. He doesn't like Flip Saunders much. And, he is a little jealous about the fact that most people feel it's Chauncey's team and not his.

It could make things difficult for Joe Dumars in keeping Ben Wallace. But, ultimately, the likely scenerio is that Ben Wallace stays in Detroit anyway.

clambake
05-25-2006, 05:50 PM
Ben Wallace thinks it's his team? Has he said that? Outloud?

ducks
05-25-2006, 06:01 PM
hummm

I posted something along those lines
and bulls have 15 million in cap space
and that with the bulls he would be the man
and they were a playoff team without him

ALVAREZ6
05-25-2006, 06:32 PM
hummm

I posted something along those lines
and bulls have 15 million in cap space
and that with the bulls he would be the man
and they were a playoff team without him
That would be sick.

Nocioni + Big Ben ...they would grab every single rebound.

ducks
05-25-2006, 06:35 PM
alot of bandwager fans would jump on board with that move

DDS4
05-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Money and winning are the best cure.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-25-2006, 06:53 PM
If someone on Around The Horn said it, it must be true.

ALVAREZ6
05-25-2006, 07:16 PM
If someone on Around The Horn said it, it must be true.
:lol

Pistons < Spurs
05-25-2006, 08:05 PM
LMAO! Ben is NOT going anywhere.

Dunc
05-25-2006, 10:14 PM
Ben Wallace thinks it's his team? Has he said that? Outloud?

This is Ben's team. Nobody will ever argue that. Chauncey is the best player, but this has always been Ben's team.

JamStone
05-25-2006, 11:39 PM
I think Ben would go to the Lakers if they tried to get him.

I think Ben would consider the Atlanta Hawks too. They have the money to offer him a lot. If the Hawks actually do work out a deal to get Iverson, as is rumoured, Ben would be a nice addition to Iverson, Joe Johnson, and Josh Smith. Plus, I really think he liked playing for Mike Woodson. I know Ben said he would only want to go to a contender, but with Ivo and Joe Johnson, the Hawks might be really good.

RON ARTEST
05-25-2006, 11:45 PM
I think Ben would go to the Lakers if they tried to get him.

I think Ben would consider the Atlanta Hawks too. They have the money to offer him a lot. If the Hawks actually do work out a deal to get Iverson, as is rumoured, Ben would be a nice addition to Iverson, Joe Johnson, and Josh Smith. Plus, I really think he liked playing for Mike Woodson. I know Ben said he would only want to go to a contender, but with Ivo and Joe Johnson, the Hawks might be really good.
the lakers have no salary cap space.

Dunc
05-25-2006, 11:45 PM
the lakers have no salary cap space.

Trade or sign and trade.

RON ARTEST
05-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Trade or sign and trade.
but why would the pistons do that? dont they wanna keep him?

Dunc
05-25-2006, 11:48 PM
but why would the pistons do that? dont they wanna keep him?

The only way they would do that is if he wanted to leave, and they needed to get something out of it. I don't know if the player gets to decide what teams to talk to or not, I'm not really sure of the deal, but it would be a last resort. And very unlikely, imo.

I think Jamstone's in here, he probably knows the sign and trade rules.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-26-2006, 12:04 AM
Ben Wallace and Steve Yzerman own Detroit Ben won't leave he has said he doesn't want to go anywhere.

JamStone
05-26-2006, 12:30 AM
I mentioned the Lakers because I think it's the type of franchise Ben would consider going to. It's true the Lakers don't have the cap space this summer, so it would have to be a sign-and-trade.

If Ben makes it clear he wants to sign somewhere else, then the Pistons may want to do a sign-and-trade to accomodate Ben Wallace. And, if Ben likes the Lakers, then it would be in the Pistons interest to sign-and-trade him there as opposed to the chance of Ben playing for Chicago, a divisional foe.

Just a thought.

In a sign-and-trade deal, the player absolutely decides the team, because it's all predicated on that player actually "SIGNING" in order to be traded. Ben could definitely dictate where he goes in a sign-and-trade scenerio.

Dunc
05-26-2006, 12:33 AM
In a sign-and-trade deal, the player absolutely decides the team, because it's all predicated on that player actually "SIGNING" in order to be traded. Ben could definitely dictate where he goes in a sign-and-trade scenerio.

I thought it was something like that, but I didn't entirely understand how it worked. Thanks Jam.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-26-2006, 12:35 AM
I mentioned the Lakers because I think it's the type of franchise Ben would consider going to. It's true the Lakers don't have the cap space this summer, so it would have to be a sign-and-trade.

If Ben makes it clear he wants to sign somewhere else, then the Pistons may want to do a sign-and-trade to accomodate Ben Wallace. And, if Ben likes the Lakers, then it would be in the Pistons interest to sign-and-trade him there as opposed to the chance of Ben playing for Chicago, a divisional foe.

Just a thought.

What are you smoking or drinkin Piston fan he is not leaving. :madrun

Dunc
05-26-2006, 12:44 AM
What are you smoking or drinkin Piston fan he is not leaving. :madrun

It's all theoretical. Anything's possible, but it's not likely.

Darrin
05-26-2006, 02:19 AM
one of the guys said ben wallace isnt that happy in detroit and might leave after this season. do you pistons fans think this is true or is it just a rumor?

Both Dumars and Wallace say a deal is going to get done. It will take Ben Wallace actually at the press conference announcing his signing with another team for me to think he's leaving.

Nationally, Billups may be the biggest thing going, but Ben Wallace is the biggest name in this town. Ben Wallace leaving wouldn't be like Dennis Rodman walking away, it would be like Isiah Thomas walking away or Barry Sanders. I know you have had to seriously contemplate it before, but what if Tim Duncan left the Spurs?

It can happen. Crazier things have happened in sports. But I'll have to believe it when I see it. It would be a huge hit, not only to Big Ben (who would see something like the treatment Larry Brown got in this town), but also Joe Dumars (the first big-name Fish with this organization to walk away).

I think certain teams would like him, and are the source of these rumors. Or Arn Tellam could be up to his old tricks.

FreshPrince22
05-26-2006, 05:06 AM
Who? Woody Paige? :rolleyes

FACT: If it's Flip or Ben. Flip will be fired.

Dunc
05-26-2006, 07:28 AM
Who? Woody Paige? :rolleyes

FACT: If it's Flip or Ben. Flip will be fired.

Agreed. As it should be.