PDA

View Full Version : Another late game special

Spurologist
05-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Pistons

http://www.buzzmachine.com/pix/choke.gif

SlasherX
05-25-2006, 10:02 PM
its the freaking refs omg how obious can it be, pistons are getting grabbed pushed geez. no calls

snowboarder
05-25-2006, 10:03 PM
its over pistons win

Leetonidas
05-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Detroit pulled it out after getting outscored by 10 in the 4th.

Spurologist
05-25-2006, 10:04 PM
This is playoffs. Stop flopping and get open to get the ball.

1Parker1
05-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Pistons need to get their act together...and fast. They are looking nothing like the team that had the best record in the NBA, a team that raised its high powered offense under Saunders, or even like a team with the best starting 5 in the NBA. :pctoss

ABDENOUR POWER
05-25-2006, 10:08 PM
That fourth quarter was absolutely unbelievable, the refs were HORRENDOUS. They were favoring Miami sooo much. I usually try not to complain about refs too much, but they were flat out awful.

T.F. Storm
05-25-2006, 10:08 PM
I usually don't complain about the refs either...But Holy CRAP...

baseline bum
05-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Bavetta strikes again. On that replay it was obvious that Prince called the timeout about a second and a half before Evil Dick whistled the 5-second violation.

Amazing.

Pistons < Spurs
05-25-2006, 10:09 PM
I was happy with tomights performance. It would have been a 12-15 point victory if the officials didn't get involved late in the game.

Dunc
05-25-2006, 10:12 PM
Jesus Christ.... wow, nice try Bavetta. Anybody else hear what Tayshaun said after the game? Bavetta apologized to him, not for not giving him the timeout, but apparently Dick "said something he shouldn't have." For Tay to even bring that up is remarkable. I'd really like to know what he said to Tayshaun.

Spurologist
05-25-2006, 10:14 PM
That could have been a complete meltdown by detroit. One can only wonder if it was sheed inbouding the ball and getting called for a 5 sec call. Two tech. on sheed = tie game.

The only mistake I thought Bavetta made was not calling the push in the back by payton on billups. It was hard to tell if Billups was acting but that's usually an automatic foul

Pistons < Spurs
05-25-2006, 10:14 PM
Jesus Christ.... wow, nice try Bavetta. Anybody else hear what Tayshaun said after the game? Bavetta apologized to him, not for not giving him the timeout, but apparently Dick "said something he shouldn't have." For Tay to even bring that up is remarkable. I'd really like to know what he said to Tayshaun.

Yeah, I thought that was great!

Pistons < Spurs
05-25-2006, 10:15 PM
I only mistake I thought Bavetta made was not calling the push in the back. It was hard to tell if Billups was acting but that's usually an automatic foul

That's the ONLY mistake you saw? :wow

Spurologist
05-25-2006, 10:16 PM
That's the ONLY mistake you saw? :wow

Billups was hoping up and down like he saw the ice cream truck or something. This is the playoffs my friend.

FromWayDowntown
05-25-2006, 10:17 PM
The disparity between the contact that was called with under 10 seconds in Game 4 of SA/DAL and the contact that wasn't called with under 10 seconds in Game 2 of MIA/DET was fairly remarkable.

Again, apologies for my bitterness -- and Mavs fan, you won; congrats.

Dunc
05-25-2006, 10:18 PM
That could have been a complete meltdown by detroit. One can only wonder if it was sheed inbouding the ball and getting called for a 5 sec call. Two tech. on sheed = tie game.

The only mistake I thought Bavetta made was not calling the push in the back by payton on billups. It was hard to tell if Billups was acting but that's usually an automatic foul

You're kidding, right? On that play alone, Bavetta ignored the TO from Prince (the arena was nearly empty because most of the fans left before Dick took the game over, so bullshit on there being too much noise to hear it), then shoved Chauncey aside. I believe it was on the next inbound or perhaps the previous, Posey, I believe, just about tackled Chauncey and deflected the ball out of bounds. The Pistons had execution errors at the end, without a doubt, but it should never have been that close. Bavetta needs to go.

bdubya
05-25-2006, 10:19 PM
I was happy with tomights performance. It would have been a 12-15 point victory if the officials didn't get involved late in the game.

It would have been 20+ if the Pistons hadn't been phoning it in for several minutes at a stretch. I'll take the W, but that kind of effort WON'T cut it on the road.

Spurologist
05-25-2006, 10:27 PM
You're kidding, right? On that play alone, Bavetta ignored the TO from Prince (the arena was nearly empty because most of the fans left before Dick took the game over, so bullshit on their being too much noise to hear it), then shoved Chauncey aside. I believe it was on the next inbound or perhaps the previous, Posey, I believe, just about tackled Chauncey and deflected the ball out of bounds. The Pistons had execution errors at the end, without a doubt, but it should never have been that close. Bavetta needs to go.

I will be the first to sign on that dotted line for him to go, but I'd prefer for players to decide games. I hate when Dirk was given a free pass to two point at the free throw line because a horrendous foul call. I don't think mistakes were made because you shouldn't rely on the call too much to seal the deal. The heat were overloading on the Billups and the pistons wanted him to be the one to get the ball. That is why there was some contact on him. Hamilton/Prince are decent shooters out there. Getting them the ball with a 10 point lead is an almost certain victory. There was some contact but I don't think much warranted a foul because the game was on the line. Notice that Billups pushed off to get one of the passes. This is the playoffs. You do what you have to do to get a win.