PDA

View Full Version : spurs pay roll

ducks
05-26-2006, 08:58 AM
http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

please keep in mind when trying to sign fa's

Spurologist
05-26-2006, 09:06 AM
Will the nba salary cap remain at 49.5 mill for the 06-07 season. That's the only way those ^^ salary numbers would make sense.

Bruno
05-26-2006, 09:40 AM
please keep in mind when trying to sign fa's

You're damn right about that.

Some detail about the salary situation :
- Spurs won't likely pay the luxury tax this year.
- last year Luxury Tax Threshold was $61.7. This year it should be around $62-64M.
- Spurs have 10 players under contract fo $60.9M.
- A team must have at least 13 players under contract.
- A player with a minimum salary will cost $750k against the cap (except if it's a second round pick signed with a minimum contract, in that case the plaeyr will cost $400k against the cap).

To sum up, if Spurs makes no trades and want to stay under the tax, they can only sign players with a minimum salary. Even signing a player like Javtokas to a $2M/year contract will put Spurs over the Luxury Tax.

Bruno
05-26-2006, 09:46 AM
Will the nba salary cap remain at 49.5 mill for the 06-07 season. That's the only way those ^^ salary numbers would make sense.

No. The salary cap was 49.5% of the BRI last year and will be 51% of the BRI this year.
If the BRI stays at the same level, the salary cap will at $51M.
However the BRI changes each year, a 3% raise is a realistic scenario. (even if it could be 5% or 0%). The salary cap should be at $52.5M

Spurs don't care about the salary cap. The Luxury Tax threshold is the number you should have in mind.

nbascribe
05-26-2006, 10:06 AM
Was looking at Dallas' payroll too. Dayum is Fin getting paid or what? lol

No wonder Mark Cuban is mad!! :lmao

degenerate_gambler
05-26-2006, 10:09 AM

The Knicks is the one that made me laugh my ass off.

clubalien
05-26-2006, 10:39 AM
I think our offseason rests in the rumor about ben wallace that was posted and is in my sig

loveforthegame
05-26-2006, 10:47 AM

I'm sure Cuban is mad about having to pay a player to play elsewhere but he has a clause put in the max contracts (it also applies to Dirk and Damp) he gives players. If they're waived then the payments are done over a longer period for about $5 million a year. So while Finley is due about $50 million he gets that over a 10 year period instead of the 3yrs were he still a Mav.

It's kinda funny that he'l be paying Finley long after he's retired.

ObiwanGinobili
05-26-2006, 10:57 AM
this may be an uncharacteristic post fro me but.....

... anyone else feel uncomfortable paying Timmy 22mill for his 12th year in the league?

doldrums
05-26-2006, 10:57 AM
The Bulls are paying nothing to its stars. They are in a great position.

MadDog73
05-26-2006, 11:07 AM
this may be an uncharacteristic post fro me but.....

... anyone else feel uncomfortable paying Timmy 22mill for his 12th year in the league?

You think he's not worth it?

ducks
05-26-2006, 11:21 AM
kg and shaq make that now

ObiwanGinobili
05-26-2006, 11:27 AM
You think he's not worth it?
thats not what I'm saying.

He's gettign the crap beat out of him year in and year out.
presently he is carrying this team.

Do you think he;ll be playing at the 22mil level in 2010?

i think he should be getting the big bucks now.. not towards the end of his career when we'll be needing that dough to secure Duncan part 2.
In 2010 I expect him to be like DRob of 99/00.

besides - thats a shit load of $$. I know I just about puked when the details of Shaq's contract came out.

strangeweather
05-26-2006, 11:31 AM
The Knicks is the one that made me laugh my ass off.

What, you don't think that Allan Houstan and Stephon Marbury are each worth more than Timmy this year? :lmao

ducks
05-26-2006, 11:31 AM
if duncan was making 22 million
manu would be gone dude

the salary cap will be up
the mle will be around 10 a year then
it will bounce everything out

leemajors
05-26-2006, 11:51 AM
teams always backload contracts like that, then freak out at the end of the deal. they worry about the last years of a contract later, and an amenable star can always renegotiate to help out his team - i.e. drob.

greens
05-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Bruce's contract is making me a bit nervous. Next year is guaranteed for him...but the year after that is team option...Now I don't think Pop and the organization is crazy enough to choose not to keep him for a second year...I guess age really makes a big difference. Tony, being the youngest, has the LONGEST contract than anyone else...lol...And Bruce is underpaid...he's 7th in salaries after EVEN Brent and Rasho...what the heck? This guy started in all the games since 2002 and he gets paid way less that Brent who makes errors every time he touches the ball and Rasho who barely has any minutes and does not contribute much to the team! lol...What the basketball retiring age now days? 37?

Emanuel20
05-26-2006, 04:18 PM
Manu should get more money than Tony Parker....parker does not deserve more money than ginobili....

ObiwanGinobili
05-26-2006, 04:23 PM
Bruce's contract is making me a bit nervous. Next year is guaranteed for him...but the year after that is team option...Now I don't think Pop and the organization is crazy enough to choose not to keep him for a second year...I guess age really makes a big difference. Tony, being the youngest, has the LONGEST contract than anyone else...lol...And Bruce is underpaid...he's 7th in salaries after EVEN Brent and Rasho...what the heck? This guy started in all the games since 2002 and he gets paid way less that Brent who makes errors every time he touches the ball and Rasho who barely has any minutes and does not contribute much to the team! lol...What the basketball retiring age now days? 37?

Bruce had taken a pay cut so that the team could afford a ffew more guys.
:tu damn he is awesome.

I agree. he deserves moe money - but i guess he's happy with what he's getting. it's not like he can't feed his family.

ducks
05-26-2006, 04:25 PM
duncan can not rip up that contract

it is against the rules now

Kori Ellis
05-26-2006, 04:28 PM
Duncan's contract isn't backloaded. He just has basic 10% raises.

MadDog73
05-26-2006, 04:42 PM
Manu should get more money than Tony Parker....parker does not deserve more money than ginobili....

Maybe not now, but we'll check back in 2009.

My guess is Tony will be worth more than Manu in 2009.

Dre_7
05-26-2006, 07:00 PM

:lol DAMN!!! Fin is gettin some cheese!!!

Also, Josh Howard is a BARGAIN!!!!!

Despot
05-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Mavs payroll is $96,000,000???

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-26-2006, 11:06 PM
I don't mind paying Timmy that money in his 12th season, he has more than earned it, and since he's one of these big guys who relies on smarts and technique, not athleticism, he may still be playing at a pretty high level then.

Tony and Manu's contracts are about right - remember, Manu only plays 30mins a game, and Tony carried us the entire season this year and will only get better as he adds a 3-ball to his game.

My question is HOW DO WE GET RID OF RASHO? He is the albatross on our cap.

And why do people think we will get anything for Nazr? Can't he just leave? Why would he do us a favour with a S+T?

As for Ben Wallace coming here... YEAH RIGHT! Let me spell this out for you; N O T G O I N G T O H A P P E N. That's one of those silly season rumours we'll hear for the next couple of months. Wanting something to happen does not make it so.

RON ARTEST
05-27-2006, 01:00 AM
hvgbvgnvfvbgbvnvbvgf

gospursgojas
05-27-2006, 01:48 AM
Top 5 paid this year:

Shaq 20,000,000

C. Webber 19,125,000 :lol

A. Houston 19,125,000 :lol

K. Garnett 18,000,000

(tie)A. I. &
Stephon Marbury 16,453,125

ballhog
05-27-2006, 02:07 PM
Biggest waste of money---Rasho. I'll be glad to see Van EX and Nazr go bye-bye.

El_Mago
05-27-2006, 02:48 PM
Tony Parker is the only star left to start off the 2011 season.

I'm sure there will be players around him, but not with huge contracts.

Come the summer of 2011, the Spurs have something near 32million in cap space to play with because they have Ginobili coming off the books at 10million and Duncan at 22million.

They sure have been smart to save some money for Tony, and go out and get him players, if he becomes the star of the team by that time. If he has not turned into a star, then his contract expires that following season, and the Spurs have a lot of cap to play with.

Not bad management.

LEONARD
05-27-2006, 04:13 PM
Spurs need an owner that will spend some cheddar :fro

Mavs payroll is $96,000,000???

Yep, and $29M of it is to guys not on the team. The Mavs have moved a lot of bad contracts in and out over the years...Raef, Walker, etc....but it eventually got them to a group they're happy with. Cuban doesn't care though... :fro

At least KVH drops off next year... :drunk