PDA

View Full Version : funny thing that happened today...

CosmicCowboy
10-12-2004, 06:15 PM
I got my hair cut near lunch time today and when I came out there was a well dressed guy in his late twenties standing out in front of my truck...I couldn't figure out what the hell he was doing...he was kind of bowing towards the car next to me with his arm straight out staring at the car and mumbling...it looked like he was trying to put a hex on the car or something equally nefarious but I didn't see a wand or anything...

I guess he heard me walking up and turned around...and he asked me if I could help him...apparently the battery in the remote on his keychain had died and he couldn't unlock his car...he had just eaten lunch at the restaurant in the shopping center and was locked out of his car...he asked me if I would take him to the Radio Shack down the street to get a new battery...

I guess the look on my face betrayed what I was thinking and he started telling me how bad he needed to get back to work and his lunch hour was almost over...and handed me his keys and said..."look...you try...it doesn't work"...

so I stuck the key in the lock and opened the door...

the dumbfounded look on his face was absolutely priceless... :lol

SpursWoman
10-12-2004, 06:18 PM
so I stuck the key in the lock and opened the door...

I almost caught myself with that one once..... :nerd

Shelly
10-12-2004, 06:20 PM
:lol

I'm so used to the keyless entry, I'd probaby wouldn't have..uh...thought of that either.

CosmicCowboy
10-12-2004, 06:26 PM
;) well you can call me anytime to rescue you darlin... ;)

maxpower
10-12-2004, 06:34 PM
No alarm?

CosmicCowboy
10-12-2004, 06:36 PM
after that I went to lunch with a guy that drives a new BMW745...those suckers don't even HAVE keys...you actually stick the remote/computer thingey in this slot and then hit a "start" button...I was sitting there looking at all the computerized shit on that car and thinking "man...if his battery dies he is WALKING!"...hehehe

E20
10-12-2004, 06:38 PM
BMW's are so sick.
http://www.autoguide.ru/images/catalog_wp/bmw_07.jpg

CosmicCowboy
10-12-2004, 06:38 PM
No alarm?

alarms are only a problem with aftermarket alarms with kill switches...you can overide the factory alarms with the key...just stick it in the ignition switch and turn...

CosmicCowboy
10-12-2004, 06:42 PM
this 745 has a mouse/joystick thing on the console that does everything...with a puter screen in the dash...navigation, phone, radio, climate control etc. is all done with the control...

Slomo
10-13-2004, 04:06 AM
this 745 has a mouse/joystick thing on the console that does everything...with a puter screen in the dash...navigation, phone, radio, climate control etc. is all done with the control...I've recently had the opportunity to test drive the new 7 series BMW (I have no idea how I got on their mailing list - but who am I to refuse a free lunch?). The electronic/computer features are quite impressive and it does look like something out of a Sci-Fi Movie.

When I mentioned this to a computer freak friend of mine he told me that the old BMW7 was quite famous for its software bugs and that it was running a modified version of the WindowsCE OS ("close your windows and re-open them" gets a totally new meaning http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smismile.gif ).
Anyway BMW is saying that the new generation will not have these problems but just for your info there's a nice link: http://www.baselinemag.com/print_article/0,3668,a=35839,00.asp

I can't find the link but I also remember a story about guys hacking the Beamer software and writing new stuff for it and also articles about easter eggs in the BMW software (something about being able to disable the max amount of power output of the engine).

Slomo
10-13-2004, 04:08 AM
Here's the easter egg link: http://www.eeggs.com/items/37996.html

Taco
10-13-2004, 08:20 AM
I stuck the key in the lock and opened the door...

the dumbfounded look on his face was absolutely priceless... :lol :lmao :lmao

Anyhow
I drive a Ford F150 Pickup and if i try to unlock my truck with my key the lock will pop up but when I pull the Handle it'll go back down in the locked position.

Useruser666
10-13-2004, 08:28 AM
One time a friend of mine called for me to pick him up since he locked his keys in his truck. I tried looking in the drivers window for the keys nd then went around the passenger side. Well the passenger door was unlocked! I just opened the door! My friend never checked the other door! He had that kind of happy/embaressed look on his face.