PDA

View Full Version : were mavs the better team or were spurs victims of bad officiating

jaysmooth004
05-26-2006, 06:14 PM
I Mean Lets Not Kid Ourselfs Here First And Foremost Mavs Played Outstanding Basketball. But I Know I Wasnt The Only One Who Saw Dirk Clearly Hammer Duncan In The Back To Cause The Game To Go Into Overtime, It Almost Looked Like An Intentional Foul. Call Me A Poor Sport But That Was By For The Worst Officiating Ive Seen In My Life! Alot Of Those Bad Calls Defeated The Spurs. Just Knocked The Fight Out Of My Boyz. Being Down Twenty And Rallying Back At The End To Snatch It All Away From Dallas, Only To Have Dirk In The Final Seconds Of His Season Get Away With Murder. Oh And I Cant Forget The Time When The Officials Literally Saved The Mavs In Game Five When They Called A Bullshit Foul On Bowen With Seconds Left Only To Send Dirk To The Line And Tie The Game, Those Are Some Of The Calls Thats Made A Huge Impact On That Series. But I See The Mavs Tend To Pull Off Some Stunts In Numerous Occasions, For Instance I Know Alot Of You Saw That Game One Against The Suns, Was That Not A Flagarant Foul Against Damp? Or Am I Just Losing My Mind Here? So Hold On Stackhouse Blantly Commits A Foul And Its Ok For Him To Raise Hell On The Court? Could It Be Possible That Mark Cuban Is Trying To Buy A Championship? And With That Being Said That Sad Part Is Dallas Still Lost Game One.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-26-2006, 06:16 PM
1. It wasn't the officiating.

2. Paragraphs are a great thing.

3. You Don't Need To Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Fucking Word.

mavsfan1000
05-26-2006, 06:16 PM
The spurs were the victim of bad matchups. Simple as that.

jaysmooth004
05-26-2006, 06:19 PM
1. It wasn't the officiating.

2. Paragraphs are a great thing.

3. You Don't Need To Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Fucking Word.

lmao sorry about that playa left caps lock on

CubanMustGo
05-26-2006, 06:31 PM
http://aberratus.f2g.net/absurd_img/whining.gif

td4mvp21
05-26-2006, 07:03 PM
The spurs were the victim of bad matchups. Simple as that.

:tu

Winnipeg_Spur
05-26-2006, 07:08 PM
Mavs were the better team. The Spurs were victims of bad officiating, but so is every team in the league. The officating in the league sucks, so from whatever team's perspective you look at it there's always going to be a bunch of bad calls against your team...

boutons_
05-26-2006, 07:14 PM
The Mavs played better basketball, wanted it more, and didn't make the critical mistakes that the Spurs did.

Dirk has lifted his game this year as much as Tony has lifted his.

Spurs had all they needed to prevail, talent, coaching, experience, but the Mavs wanted it more.

word
05-26-2006, 07:17 PM
Well, as SCB sez, the best team always wins a 7 game series. I agree with him. Spurs had their chance(s) and pissed it away.

Dallas was the better team.

gospursgojas
05-26-2006, 08:24 PM
In a series so evenly matched as this one, the incompetence of the NBA refs comes to surface... Whether or not Mavs or Spurs fans like it, the refs played a big part in the series....

The truth is that nobody wants to call out the refs b/c they know that they will be called crybabies and such...

x0xbillupsx0x
05-26-2006, 08:55 PM
I Mean Lets Not Kid Ourselfs Here First And Foremost Mavs Played Outstanding Basketball. But I Know I Wasnt The Only One Who Saw Dirk Clearly Hammer Duncan In The Back To Cause The Game To Go Into Overtime, It Almost Looked Like An Intentional Foul. Call Me A Poor Sport But That Was By For The Worst Officiating Ive Seen In My Life! Alot Of Those Bad Calls Defeated The Spurs. Just Knocked The Fight Out Of My Boyz. Being Down Twenty And Rallying Back At The End To Snatch It All Away From Dallas, Only To Have Dirk In The Final Seconds Of His Season Get Away With Murder. Oh And I Cant Forget The Time When The Officials Literally Saved The Mavs In Game Five When They Called A Bullshit Foul On Bowen With Seconds Left Only To Send Dirk To The Line And Tie The Game, Those Are Some Of The Calls Thats Made A Huge Impact On That Series. But I See The Mavs Tend To Pull Off Some Stunts In Numerous Occasions, For Instance I Know Alot Of You Saw That Game One Against The Suns, Was That Not A Flagarant Foul Against Damp? Or Am I Just Losing My Mind Here? So Hold On Stackhouse Blantly Commits A Foul And Its Ok For Him To Raise Hell On The Court? Could It Be Possible That Mark Cuban Is Trying To Buy A Championship? And With That Being Said That Sad Part Is Dallas Still Lost Game One.
you were clearly victims of cuban whinning to the nba to get favortism in the series
that is certain!when you have a owner who jumps on the court during every call that doesn't go the mavs way or cry to the media every chance he gets
the calls will natually go his way to make him happy!

WalterBenitez
05-26-2006, 08:56 PM
1. Bad match ups. :rolleyes

2. Smart AJ's coaching. :oops

3. Bad plays from almost every Spurs's player... the last Manu's fault, but previous in the series we had many mistakes. :angel

4. Mavs has the tallent to kick our ass.

5. Refs were a factor, but not for the amount of bad calls, just for the moment when calls were made. :rolleyes

PS: just for the record ... Cuban is stupid :drunk

Spurologist
05-26-2006, 09:01 PM
Here's a visual in case you can't find it

http://mahopa.de/bilder/funny-forum-pictures/caps-lock.gif

intlspurshk
05-26-2006, 09:11 PM
Ref ruined the chance for both teams to show which one is better. Pop and SPURS are punished by the ref for the unfair and inconsistent foul calls and so have to be forced to do different things. Mavs shooting is excellent and clutch but they may not have chance to tie the games at the end when the ref follow the rule to call fouls consistently. Match up is an issue for SPURS to solve but not to the extent that can make Mav a better team than SPURS for sure. Otherwise, there shouldn't be game 7 in the first place. Of course, Mavs coach's decisions are better. In a nut shell, Dirk is shooting god, Mav coach beat Pop & Co and ref suck are the conclusions that I can drawn from my suck assessment.

Anyway, Mav won and winner gets all the praise and loser gets all the blames. Go play your WCF and lose to the SUNs.

sanman53
05-26-2006, 09:22 PM
I thought Game 7 was a great game, even though we lost. The refs seem to let them play. The Mavs were the better team G7, when it counted.

Games 2,3,4 however . . .

I thought the 2ndQ in Game2 took forever. The refs were addicted to their whistles.

SPARKY
05-26-2006, 09:25 PM
Funny how shitty the Mavs look when Nowitzki isn't going to the line 30 times a night.

gospursgojas
05-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Funny how shitty the Mavs look when Nowitzki isn't going to the line 30 times a night.

:lol :tu

GrandeDavid
05-26-2006, 09:53 PM
The Spurs were the victims of two things equally:

1. Bad officiating;
2. Choking in the clutch.

jaysmooth004
05-26-2006, 09:54 PM
you know its funny as im sitting here watching the second game of the suns mavs series, i get called a cry baby for claiming that the spurs were victims of bad officiating but here i am watching the game and it seems like the mavs fans are so spoiled with the whistle that they start boooing and crying when ever the refs dont blow it on a mavs missed shot. :lol

Russ
05-26-2006, 10:08 PM
Another factor -- the Mavs were pointing to the Spurs more than the Spurs were pointing to the Mavs.

strangeweather
05-26-2006, 10:12 PM
you know its funny as im sitting here watching the second game of the suns mavs series, i get called a cry baby for claiming that the spurs were victims of bad officiating but here i am watching the game and it seems like the mavs fans are so spoiled with the whistle that they start boooing and crying when ever the refs dont blow it on a mavs missed shot. :lol

Every fan base anywhere complains during at least some of the games. But at some point, you need to just let it go and admit we got beat.

Pandaemonaeon
05-26-2006, 10:20 PM
lmao sorry about that playa left caps lock on

Your caps lock key depresses after the first alphabet? That's amazing! Where could I get one?

JamStone
05-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Similar records. Close games. Seven games.

The two teams were close in terms of talent and skill, even though they have different styles. Dallas was not clearly better than the Spurs, but they ultimately are the better team because they won the series.

Officiating plays a role in all games, all playoff series. If your team wins, they win despite the bad officiating. If your team loses, they lost because of bad officiating. No win situation for the officials.

It was just a great playoff series between two great teams. One team had to lose. And, the officials sure had an imprint on the series. But, that's part of playoff basketball. Gotta persevere despite it.

TheSanityAnnex
05-26-2006, 10:41 PM
lmao sorry about that playa left caps lock onThen why are other letters not capitalized?

Besides, get the fuck over it.

Drbio
05-26-2006, 10:47 PM
Another thread pissing into the wind about refs? Ugh.

I am very pleased at many of the Spurs fans responses though. Those of you who have posted reasonably are quite frankly the reason I find this site enjoyable.

And are the pisstoon fans always as ignorant as above? wow.

windboy226
05-26-2006, 11:09 PM
Similar records. Close games. Seven games.

The two teams were close in terms of talent and skill, even though they have different styles. Dallas was not clearly better than the Spurs, but they ultimately are the better team because they won the series.

Officiating plays a role in all games, all playoff series. If your team wins, they win despite the bad officiating. If your team loses, they lost because of bad officiating. No win situation for the officials.

It was just a great playoff series between two great teams. One team had to lose. And, the officials sure had an imprint on the series. But, that's part of playoff basketball. Gotta persevere despite it.

In total agreement...and how can ANYONE argue that the officiating in game 2 was the difference? I sympathize with Spurs fans who feel like they were robbed in games 3 and 4 but game 2? That just makes absolutely no sense to harp on and on about it when the team lost by 20.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-26-2006, 11:12 PM
I posted the following in another thread but its exactly what I'd like to say in this thread as well........

as a spurs fan the fact that a lot of other fans are still bitching about the refs is downright sickening. Were there some atrocious calls in the series? absolutely, especially the cheap phantom foul on dirk in game 4 (or maybe 3??) where bowen had a touch foul on dirk that gave him 2 freebies when the refs should just let them play. But at the end of the day when your starting PF gets more FT's than the ENTIRE VISITING TEAM COMBINED, there should be no reaosns for us to blame the refs thinking their against us. The mavs were the BETTER team in the 7 game series. they hit a shitload of clutch shots while duncan was getting a series of "return to sender" from diop in OT of game 7. The mavs had one hell of a gutsy win in game 7, and when the devin harris's of the world are massively outplaying our seasonal (but defnitely not playoff) all star tony parker, well..........you've got problems. I give full credit to the mavs, they were the hungrier more athletic team that got it done. They hit the big shots when it mattered and it was us, the supposedly more experienced team, making the ridicuously middle school dumbass plays, like fouling the shooter when you're up 3 with less than 30 seconds to go. This entire board needs to stop blaming the refs and either face facts that the mavs were the better team, or change the direction of their fingers to the spurs who allowed themselves to lose twice at home, and go down by NINETEEN points on their homefloor in game 7 after winning 2 solid games in a row and coming back from a 1-3 hole. The refs didn't beat us, the Mavs did. And if we don't get some more athleticism for next year as well as 145% better rebounding they'll beat us next year as well

wildbill2u
05-27-2006, 12:03 AM
The Spurs were the victims of two things equally:

1. Bad officiating;
2. Choking in the clutch.

Let's not forget that the Mavs, whether through skill or incredible happenstance, shot 83% in 1st quarter and over 70% for the 1st half.

I don't know how many teams could come back from that 20 points down but our guys did. We simply ran out of good luck and good judgement this time.

temujin
05-27-2006, 03:32 AM
Game 2 Dallas-Suns.

Fouls, Suns 24, Dallas 12 (TWELVE).
FTs, Suns 11, Dallas 34 (THIRTYFOUR).

It is time for Dallas to go to the Finals.

It's now or never.

So who's turn is going to be next year?

temujin
05-27-2006, 03:37 AM
Don't ask yourselves how the Spurs got eliminated.

Ask how so much superior they were in 05 and 03.

SenorSpur
05-27-2006, 07:02 AM
It was a combination of both. Also throw in the fact that the Spurs killed themselves during the crucial moments of each close loss with either costly turnovers, failed execution out of timeouts and/or missed shots that could have won the game.

From Horry's missed shot at the end of Game #3, Duncan's half-hearted, fadeaway 12 ft hook shot at the end of Game #4 to Ginobili's awkward, driving layup attempt and Duncan's failed followup attempt at the end of Game #7.

There's no doubt the Spurs had their share of chances and simply couldn't convert.

Yes the officiating came into play, but that is exactly why the Spurs did themselves no favors by "pissing away" precious opportunities to win those tight ball games. The Mavs flat out performed better than the Spurs, especially during the closing moments of tight ball games.

Champions do not make careless mistakes to beat themselves. Champions execute with "flawless precision" down the stretch of close games. Champions also force the opposition into making costly mistakes that THEY themselves take advantage of. Champions do not allow the opposition to build a 20 pt lead on their home floor in a Game #7 situation.

Much props to our boys for fighting their way back into the series. I hate to admit it and I hate not being able to see them defend their title against the rest of the competition. Simply put, the Spurs are at home for the summer because they did not perform as champions.

smeagol
05-27-2006, 09:05 AM
The Mavs were better.

Lose with dignity.

spurschick
05-27-2006, 09:47 AM
I don't think we lost because of bad officiating, but I think it's a shame that the refs have become such a huge part of the game today.

LEONARD
05-27-2006, 10:01 AM
It's good to see that most of the whining around here has stopped and most are giving the Mavs a LITTLE credit.

Coming back from down 3-1 and coming back from down 20 pts in the 1st half of game 7 show what kind of heart the Spurs have. As b-ball fans, we couldn't have asked for much more out of the series, regardless of who won it. TX b-ball put on a show for the rest of the country :fro

Now hopefully the Mavs can keep moving on and win the title, then at least Spurs fans know they lost to the '05-'06 champs and the 2 best teams are in TX :hat

DampierAmGod
05-27-2006, 10:14 AM
I don't think the refs made Ginoflop blow a layup at the end of game 7 or made the Spurs come out and play like a WNBA team in overtime.

coachtf
05-27-2006, 10:21 AM
The Spurs fought like champs to the very end. I felt from the very start of the season that this team lacked some toughness. They answered some questions in the playoffs this year and they looked very fatigued in the end. I don't know what the answers are but I think it's obvious that Pop and RC will try to add some more youth and some fresh legs. This team may just need some time to get healed but they have got to find a way to limit Manu and Timmys minutes even more in the next few years.

Dallas was the better team in the end. They have done a fantastic job and they have that look of something very special. I would not be at all surprised to see them make it to the finals against a strong Pistons squad and push it to seven and win it all. Both Detroit and Dallas are the two best teams left IMO and I would love to see that matchup.

I give Dallas mad props and glad to see them playing with heart and hunger for Avery. The Spurs showed major balls in the final game and they fought their asses off. All the talk of the silver and black being done is crazy they will be back stronger and rested and with a chip on their shoulders and the Suns and Mavs will be their primary threats in the west again next year.

Good luck to Dallas and Detroit they should have a chance to finish the season to see who is the best team.

temujin
05-27-2006, 01:17 PM
I sympathize with Spurs fans who feel like they were robbed in games 3 and 4.

So which game(s) will the Suns fans be robbed?

3, 4 or both?

Winnipeg_Spur
05-27-2006, 01:29 PM
At the end of the day, the Spurs just couldn't get any separation from the Mavs, and it's hard to win a series like that. 6 close games, split 3-3, so you might say all the breaks, all the bounces, etc. evened out. The difference was game 2, which the Spurs lost by 20+, and could never answer back with a similarly lopsided win of their own.

GoSpurs21
05-27-2006, 02:43 PM
SA pissed away games 3 4 7. They didnt deserve to advance to the next round. Sure the refs sucked, they always do, but Spurs lost the series all by themselves.

dbestpro
05-27-2006, 05:53 PM
This was a great manufactured series. The Spurs, under normal playoff basketball standards wins game 3 and 4 by twenty points. The game changed. It became to be a game where big men were not allowed to play. It became a game where fouls were called as if by the slight of hand.

Now look close or you may not see the card up the sleeve. The top Spur players were called for fouls while the slug Mav players were called for fouls. This was the key component that conjured the appearance of a great series. It was truly manufactured. Those who cannot see this probably believe that taxes are fair and rising gas prices are actually a good thing.

However, it is what it is. A game. So the Mav's win. The Spurs got jobbed, but that's the way life is. As long as San Antonio remains viewed as a small market team we will always have to overcome the desires of big city media and the slight of hand that makes it so.

spurster
05-27-2006, 06:28 PM
The Mavs were better.

Lose with dignity.
:tu

J.T.
05-27-2006, 07:02 PM
My thoughts:

There was bad officiating both ways in that series. What pissed me off the most was the lack of consistency. The 2nd quarter of Game 2 was like the Mavs would do something on not get called, and the Spurs could to the same thing and the whistles are going off. Handchecking foul on Bowen at with 18 seconds left in Game 4? Pure bullshit.

Did the inconsistent officiating cost Spurs the series? No, it didn't. But if the calls were more consistent, most of the games wouldn't have been won by such a slim margin. The series was really anyone's ballgame.

It was an evenly matched series. I'd say both teams are winners, only one gets to move on and that's the Mavs. Took 7 games with the last one being decided in overtime. That's how it should be with two good teams like this, but...doesn't change my opinion that the Spurs should've won Game 7 by Duncan splitting or nailing both freethrows with under a second left and X Mavs Player trying to become Derek Fisher 2.0. This is the kind of shit that happens when Dick Bavetta works a game. But WGAF. Spurs will sweep the Mavs next year and let them know they got some lucky breaks this time and we don't let you get away with the same shit twice. It was a great series, props to the Mavs for playing hard when it counted, but they have not gained any respect from me after the whole Cuban/Finley/Terry thing. Show some fucking class, Mark.

windboy226
05-27-2006, 07:06 PM
Game 2 Dallas-Suns.

Fouls, Suns 24, Dallas 12 (TWELVE).
FTs, Suns 11, Dallas 34 (THIRTYFOUR).

It is time for Dallas to go to the Finals.

It's now or never.

So who's turn is going to be next year?

Did you even watch this game? If you did you would know why there was such a difference...Suns gave away at least 8 free throws at the end of the game and Dallas got all its free throws from driving inside. The Suns took 23 three point shots(where there will almost never be any fouls) and most of its points were from outside shots or easy transition buckets. Phoenix gets to the line the least amount of any team in the NBA. Why is there any surprise that there would be a disparity?

DubMcDub
05-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Anybody who thinks the officiating favored the Spurs must have been in a coma during game 5 in which the Spurs shot 12 more FT's, game 6 in which the Spurs shot 14 more FT's on the Mavs court, and game 7 in which Tim Duncan had shot more FT's than the entire Mavericks team at the start of the 4th quarter.

I find it hilarious how any Spurs fans can make the case that Games 3 and 4 were "given" to the Mavs by the officials as they simultaneously ignore the lopsided officiating in the final 3 games.

Bottom line, the officiating evens out over the course of a 7 game series. Mavs were the better team. They won in OT on the champions home floor in Game 7. I'd say that eliminates any need for debate as to what team was better.

DirkAB
05-27-2006, 07:22 PM
I can't believe how dilusional some of you are, have some fucking dignity! The Spurs have been getting calls from the officials for how many years? And now for once that all the calls didn't go their way, you think that they were screwed? Talk about spoiled fans! Seriously, you have no idea how good you have it as far as getting calls from the officials.

Some of this blame shouldn't fall on you I guess, because when you are used to your team getting all the calls all the time, you probably feel pretty frustrated when that stops. Welcome back to earth! This is the NBA where the officials clearly have favorites, and the Spurs apparently have complained their way right off the refs favorite list. I mean look at this shit.

http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/capt56e16809b8dd4ad4b5d4f358f520135espur.jpg
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/a_bowen_sp.jpg
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/oly_fullgetty57534012cc023_game_4_san_an.jpg
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/captb7c72f17c5f54f0eaab46e1eef9e0280mave.jpg
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/capt1912e16367e7496f94b1bd4052951c7dmave.jpg
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/oly_fullgetty57534035ce012_mavs_spurs.jpg
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/capt05b4199d60c145889a355aa5bb362ac0spur.jpg
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/captsca12004290552spurs_kings_basketball_1.jpg

I realize that every team has players that complain too much in the NBA, it is a real problem that is getting out of control, but as a huge NBA fan I can assure you that the Spurs are the worst offender of all. My team at times has been one of the worst in the league at this, and it just kills me to see it. Does it bother any of you Spurs fans to see your Spurs complain to the officials so much?

They act as if they are entitled to the calls, maybe it is because they have gotten the calls for so long. I went from respecting the Spurs and halfway liking them, to hating them and lossing some respect for them because of the way they act when the calls don't go their way.

Seriously do you think that the Spurs may have complained their way right onto the officials shit list? Complaining and lobbying can only be effective for so long until there is some sort of backlash. I believe it is a problem that starts with the coach, coaches that complain a lot tend to have players that complain a lot. Popavich is the master of working the officials and unfortunately his players have followed his lead.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-27-2006, 09:58 PM
wow, you capitalize every word in this paragraph. that's funny.

BigBinBigD
05-27-2006, 10:34 PM
I can't believe how dilusional some of you are, have some fucking dignity! The Spurs have been getting calls from the officials for how many years? And now for once that all the calls didn't go their way, you think that they were screwed? Talk about spoiled fans! Seriously, you have no idea how good you have it as far as getting calls from the officials.

Some of this blame shouldn't fall on you I guess, because when you are used to your team getting all the calls all the time, you probably feel pretty frustrated when that stops. Welcome back to earth! This is the NBA where the officials clearly have favorites, and the Spurs apparently have complained their way right off the refs favorite list. I mean look at this shit.

http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/capt56e16809b8dd4ad4b5d4f358f520135espur.jpg
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/a_bowen_sp.jpg
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/oly_fullgetty57534012cc023_game_4_san_an.jpg
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/captb7c72f17c5f54f0eaab46e1eef9e0280mave.jpg
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/capt1912e16367e7496f94b1bd4052951c7dmave.jpg
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/oly_fullgetty57534035ce012_mavs_spurs.jpg
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/capt05b4199d60c145889a355aa5bb362ac0spur.jpg
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/captsca12004290552spurs_kings_basketball_1.jpg

I realize that every team has players that complain too much in the NBA, it is a real problem that is getting out of control, but as a huge NBA fan I can assure you that the Spurs are the worst offender of all. My team at times has been one of the worst in the league at this, and it just kills me to see it. Does it bother any of you Spurs fans to see your Spurs complain to the officials so much?

They act as if they are entitled to the calls, maybe it is because they have gotten the calls for so long. I went from respecting the Spurs and halfway liking them, to hating them and lossing some respect for them because of the way they act when the calls don't go their way.

Seriously do you think that the Spurs may have complained their way right onto the officials shit list? Complaining and lobbying can only be effective for so long until there is some sort of backlash. I believe it is a problem that starts with the coach, coaches that complain a lot tend to have players that complain a lot. Popavich is the master of working the officials and unfortunately his players have followed his lead.

Best post I've ever seen on here. I used to have major respect for the Spurs but every person I've talked to around the country echoes these same sentiments. The constant complaining from Pop and every player got really old. Cuban is the only one who complains like this on the whole Mavs side. If you can't see this, it's time for Lasik.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-27-2006, 10:47 PM
I used to have respect for the Mavs, but then their fans booed a guy for being punched in the groin...

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-27-2006, 10:58 PM
Best post I've ever seen on here. I used to have major respect for the Spurs but every person I've talked to around the country echoes these same sentiments. The constant complaining from Pop and every player got really old. Cuban is the only one who complains like this on the whole Mavs side. If you can't see this, it's time for Lasik.

It is the best post you've seen? Cause unless, I'm psychic, I believe I've seen those pictures before.
Spurs lost, how they lost will not be remembered in 20 years, just that they lost, so there's no point in bitching about it.

Bottom line, Cuban's a douche, AJ's a pussy, Mavs fans are assholes.

DubMcDub
05-28-2006, 12:10 AM

:rolleyes

leemajors
05-28-2006, 12:16 AM

every player and every coach on every team complains about calls. avery is constantly 3 feet out into the actual court yelling about every call. if you can't see this, it's because it doesn't help prove your point.

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-28-2006, 12:19 AM
every player and every coach on every team complains about calls. avery is constantly 3 feet out into the actual court yelling about every call. if you can't see this, it's because it doesn't help prove your point.

Excuse me sir, kindly step away from your keyboard sir, facts like that don't matter to Mavs fans.

Spurologist
05-28-2006, 12:21 AM
The spurs were a victim of Cubanism

Trainwreck2100
05-28-2006, 12:23 AM
The spurs were a victim of Cubanism

who cares, it's over, let's not turn into kings fans.

BigBinBigD
05-28-2006, 07:15 AM

Yep, those Spurs fans sure are classy! :lol

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-28-2006, 10:22 AM
Yep, those Spurs fans sure are classy! :lol

Yep, those Mavs fans sure are assholes

ambchang
05-28-2006, 10:23 AM
The Mavs played better when it counts. They won both OT games, they executed better down the stretch, and the Spurs intensity couldn't match.
The Spurs made multiple mental errors in the series (Games 3, 4 and 7) during important moments of games, and there is nobody to blame but themselves (well, except that call in Game 4, still can't getover/believe it). The Mavs deserved to win, the Spurs deserved to lose.
BTW, the Mavs adjusted to the officiating, the Spurs didn't.

DirkAB
05-28-2006, 10:48 AM

Not true, some teams complain worse than others, a whole lot worse. The Spurs piss and moan after every call, even the good calls, I believe it is because they got all the calls for a 2-3 year stretch.

Avery complains to the officials, but he picks his battles. He complains when it appears that the officiating is screwing his team, Popavich is out there complaining whenever the officiating isn't screwing the other team. Huge difference. If you think that Avery is anywhere near the bitch that Popavich is then you are blinded by your bias. Take it from me somebody that can't stand either the Mavs or the Spurs, Popavich and his players complain more than any other team in the league. It's disgusting.

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-28-2006, 10:55 AM
Not true, some teams complain worse than others, a whole lot worse. The Spurs piss and moan after every call, even the good calls, I believe it is because they got all the calls for a 2-3 year stretch.

Avery complains to the officials, but he picks his battles. He complains when it appears that the officiating is screwing his team, Popavich is out there complaining whenever the officiating isn't screwing the other team. Huge difference. If you think that Avery is anywhere near the bitch that Popavich is then you are blinded by your bias. Take it from me somebody that can't stand either the Mavs or the Spurs, Popavich and his players complain more than any other team in the league. It's disgusting.

So that's why you rip off posts from Mavs fan's boards. There is no way you're a Kings fan, I never saw a Kings fan complain about our "whining" Or how we got calls, mostly because we have no history with Kings fans. And our only chapter was this year.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-28-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm gonna be honest.........

there were times where I was borderline ASHAMED at how much ridiculous whining my Spurs were doing. Unbeleivable. Like fuckin 5 year old girls out there. and WTF has gotten into Tim?!? He used to be the player that would NEVER complain about a call and if he did complain then you'd KNOW the refs musta messed up. Now? He WHINES AND WHINES AND WHINES. I love TD but for the love of god someone get him a pacifier. It was bad enough we lost the series, but even worse that we lost it by crying about EVERY single call in the series. Was there some horrific reffing that warranted some complaints? Absolutely, but for a team that has "championship experience" they should know when to shut the fuck up and play through it and not let the refs get to their heads. I totally applaud the effort we gave in that Mavs series but my god the whining and the crying needs to stop cuz even when we DO get the call we still bitch about it. I hope next year's Spurs team let's their play determine the game and not look to the refs for answers

boutons_
05-28-2006, 11:38 AM
"the officiating isn't screwing the other team."

Several close game shots showed Pop seemingly indicate to the refes, "if you call that way on one end, why not call that way on the other end". If the game is called loose or tight, then call it the same way on both ends.

The smoke, beyond the Mavs and Spurs, about bad officiating in the Mavs series was too widespread to be nothing but smoke with no fire.

leemajors
05-28-2006, 11:46 AM
"the officiating isn't screwing the other team."

Several close game shots showed Pop seemingly indicate to the refes, "if you call that way on one end, why not call that way on the other end". If the game is called loose or tight, then call it the same way on both ends.

The smoke, beyond the Mavs and Spurs, about bad officiating in the Mavs series was too widespread to be nothing but smoke with no fire.

well it wasn't just the mavs/spurs series, the officiating has been horribly inconsistent in every series.

leemajors
05-28-2006, 11:46 AM

you are full of shit. avery does not pick his battles, he complains about everything and continues to in the post game.

samikeyp
05-28-2006, 11:51 AM
Mavs played better, they won fair and square.

leemajors
05-28-2006, 12:58 PM
Mavs played better, they won fair and square.

yes they did.

Jdspur20
05-28-2006, 01:01 PM
It's good to see that most of the whining around here has stopped and most are giving the Mavs a LITTLE credit.

Coming back from down 3-1 and coming back from down 20 pts in the 1st half of game 7 show what kind of heart the Spurs have. As b-ball fans, we couldn't have asked for much more out of the series, regardless of who won it. TX b-ball put on a show for the rest of the country :fro

Now hopefully the Mavs can keep moving on and win the title, then at least Spurs fans know they lost to the '05-'06 champs and the 2 best teams are in TX :hat
as much as a good sport your are, i will disagree on a few things. one, i give the mavs full credit, but all they have proven is that they can stay alive so far.
3 out of the 7 games came down to tying by mav free throws late in the 4thQ on ticky tack foul calls. as much as i don't like to complain about officiating, that was ridiculous. there doesn't need to be a thousand wistes called in a series like this, they need to just let them play. a game shouldn't be decided on late game free throws.

Jdspur20
05-28-2006, 01:06 PM
every team complains about calls, that part of the game, singling out the spurs is ridiculous.
yea, cuban is in a class of his own, and thats why no officals or any other owner in the nba likes him.

Nikos
05-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Spurs were victims of chance and poor matchup circumstances. Dallas was not a much better team, but they matched up well, and forced the Spurs to scramble and bend to their small ball game. Either team could have won this series. I really beleive if they played 10 times it would be 5-5. But the Mavs were better in Game 7 when they had to be, and convincingly won Game 2. They were the superior team in the series. I don't really think they were more talented. They had more depth and a type of basketball that was successful under the cirumstances against the Spurs -- but I don't really see them as being a superior overall team.

Either way it doesn't matter now. Dallas will likely be playing in the NBA finals.

strangeweather
05-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Spurs were victims of chance and poor matchup circumstances. Dallas was not a much better team, but they matched up well, and forced the Spurs to scramble and bend to their small ball game.

Matching up better = they were the better team.

DirkAB
05-28-2006, 01:28 PM
So that's why you rip off posts from Mavs fan's boards. There is no way you're a Kings fan, I never saw a Kings fan complain about our "whining" Or how we got calls, mostly because we have no history with Kings fans. And our only chapter was this year.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense, I can't be a Kings fan because I'm extremely bothered by the Spurs childish behavior on the court. Look, I'm a huge fan of the game and I recognize that this behavior has spun out of control in the NBA, and this is never more painfully obvious to me than when I watch the Spurs. I've already stated that my Kings are also at the top of the league when it comes to this behavior, but there isn't even a close second to the Spurs. If you weren't pissing and moaning right along with the players, you might be able to open your eyes for 2 seconds and see how fucking ridiculous their behavior is.

BTW, what post did I rip off from a Mavs board? Are you talking about the pics? I just posted those to emphasize my point. If you can find a group of photos of any other team in the NBA crying to the refs, be my guest and post it. You'll never find a group of pics like that, the closest you'll come up with is Shaq and Kobe's Lakers, they cried like little bitches too. And again, they had a coach that pissed and moaned when the refs weren't giving them all the calls, and like the Spurs they got all the calls.

Fabbs
05-28-2006, 05:37 PM
I don't think the refs made Ginoflop blow a layup at the end of game 7 or made the Spurs come out and play like a WNBA team in overtime.

It was a calculated shot by Manu. He was quoted as saying he knew he could throw it out to Big Shot Bob, at the same time he saw Duncans man cheat over towards him as he started the drive, thus he also knew that enough time was left on the clock that his own missed shot could be put back by Duncan. Duncan clearly had position and the rebound. Any crap about "fighting for the ball" is b.s. More accurate to say Dirk intentionally fouled him over the back. In fact Dirk might have gotten Manu on his shot. Touch foul? Ha! Lets not even go over the touchers Dirk got in two other endings. Anywho, GNob should have never let it come to that with his stoopid foul of Dirk.

It was a gift to the Mavs, pure and simple. While true the reffing always has its ups and downs, Game 3 was a farce in which the Mavs are not even close without Dirks 24FTAs on 3-9 shooting leading to a 50-30 Mavs advantage .

Do i think the Spurs should have never let it get into incompetent refs hands? Yes.

To the threads topic, I think Pop was owned by Avery. That the Spurs "had" to play small ball the entire series is bullball and I think Pop was on an ego trip.