PDA

View Full Version : I *think* I Saw Pop Today

PM5K
05-27-2006, 01:53 AM
So since our season is over and there's not as much to talk about:

I think I saw Coach Pop today, if he drives a black Land Rover then it was probably him, I was driving so I can't say I got the best look at him but the guy I saw definitely looked like Coach Pop, this was near Huebner and Babcock....

gospursgojas
05-27-2006, 01:56 AM
^^^close to Spurs practice facility

PM5K
05-27-2006, 02:00 AM
^^^close to Spurs practice facility

Ah yeah, that's right...

I guess work never stops for Coach Pop........

It was funny because he was having the most animated conversation on his cell (or he's crazy and was talking to himself but I assume he was on his cell) and I looked over, I have a habbit of doing that from time to time, wondering who was driving that particular vehicle as I was admiring how neat the turn signal / break lights looked and there he was, I just nodded...

EDIT: I'm such an idiot, I can't believe I forgot how close the facility is to where we were...

TDMVPDPOY
05-27-2006, 03:31 AM
booty call

J.T.
05-27-2006, 06:15 AM
Speaking of seeing Spurs people, does Tony have or did he ever have a blue Hummer? I am 100% sure I saw him getting gas next to me at the Chevron on Stone Oak & Huebner (close to Reagan HS). This was last year I think. He was sitting up front and some other guy (non-Spurs player) got out to pump the gas. But it was definitely Tony.

nbhagat84
05-27-2006, 09:16 AM
why do you guys make it such a big deal if you see a spurs player, there just regular people like you guys.

Dont over hype it.

J.T.
05-27-2006, 10:43 AM
Well most of us only ever get to see them on TV. I'd imagine it's a big deal for any fan of any team to get to see one of the players in person.

nbhagat84
05-27-2006, 12:26 PM
I mean there just people, so what if there athletes, you see them or you dont.

That doesnt make them better or on a higher scale than anyone else.

Tim Duncan might be the best basketball
right now, but that doesnt make him a higher being

nbascribe
05-27-2006, 12:36 PM
I think Tony did have a blue Hummer. Last time I saw him though he was in his Bimmer.

Nbhagat84 does have a point. If you are on the north side of town near Huebner, Floyd Curl and such, you'll see them all the time. A lot of times I may see Tim at his favorite chinese restaurant over there near Stone Oak and nobody bothers him or his guests.

Speaking of Coach Pop, too bad I can't ask him about wines. I've got a ten day trip to the Napa Valley and don't know diddly squat about wine tasting.

J.T.
05-27-2006, 01:00 PM
A lot of times I may see Tim at his favorite chinese restaurant over there near Stone Oak and nobody bothers him or his guests.

Which one, Buffet King? I used to go there all the time before I moved! I haven't found a Chinese place that even compares to that one here in Austin.
:depressed

And it's not everday Tony Parker gets gas right next to you. True they are just people, but extremely talented people that a lot of their fans admire or look up to. They're not any more or less a person than anyone else in the world but for some people it's a big deal, and for some it's just interesting dinner conversation.

sa_butta
05-27-2006, 01:02 PM
I saw Rasho, Beno and Horry at a bar on Tuesday night.

LuvBones
05-27-2006, 01:02 PM
I saw Robert Horry at Verizon Wireless one day in his pajamas...

J.T.
05-27-2006, 01:08 PM
Well for what it's worth, I saw Tony & Eva at Northwoods theaters on Valentine's Day '05 (they were seeing "Hitch")

I saw Malik Rose get out of his car after coming home from a game last year. My friend went to the game with me and lived in the same neighborhood as Malik (Greystone I think). He asked Malik for autographs and Malik said no. I told him not to ask.

I saw Sean Elliot at the old Wherehouse Music that used to be on 281 & Bitters by EZ's.

And when I was about 8 years old I saw George Gervin at the Diamond Shamrock on Thousand Oaks (close to Jones Maltsberger) and got his autograph on a napkin. Pretty funny moment actually.

Never met Tim or Manu before, but I'd love to. Especially Manu, he seems like a cool guy.

sa_butta
05-27-2006, 01:31 PM
was horry trying to get them chicks or whatHorry was talking to some hot girl and Rasho and Beno were surrounded by chicks.

ShoogarBear
05-27-2006, 01:38 PM
And it's not everday Tony Parker gets gas right next to you.
Which restaurant was this?

angel_luv
05-27-2006, 01:47 PM
Horry was talking to some hot girl and Rasho and Beno were surrounded by chicks.

Although I am officially offended, I can't help but be a little bit proud that my Slovenians were the ones surrounded.

Go you bad boys! :)

Which restaurant was this?

haha Bear! Tony should have taken Beno. :lmao

sa_butta
05-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Although I am officially offended, I can't help but be a little bit proud that my Slovenians were the ones surrounded.

Go you bad boys! :)You should not be offended at all, it was the girls surrounding them. They just sat back and stayed cool taking pics and just having a good time. Horry was really having some conversation with this girl though.

angel_luv
05-27-2006, 01:53 PM
You should not be offended at all, it was the girls surrounding them. They just sat back and stayed cool taking pics and just having a good time. Horry was really having some conversation with this girl though.

I'm not mad... just a little jealous. :angel

But I am really happy they had fun. :)

ShoogarBear
05-27-2006, 01:53 PM
They were asking Beno about good sales on purses.

angel_luv
05-27-2006, 01:55 PM
They were asking Beno about good sales on purses.

:lol

You are awful!!!!!!!! But thanks for the much needed laugh. :)

sa_butta
05-27-2006, 01:55 PM
They were asking Beno about good sales on purses.He did not have the man purse, he must have left it in the car.

angel_luv
05-27-2006, 01:58 PM
He did not have the man purse, he must have left it in the car.

What were they wearing?

Or do you remember?

sa_butta
05-27-2006, 02:00 PM
What were they wearing?

Or do you remember?Beno was in a T-shirt and jeans, he had a kick ass camera phone.
Rasho was in a blue-grey polo shirt and jeans.

angel_luv
05-27-2006, 02:03 PM
Awww.. sounds cute. :)
Blue is Sho's color.

I'm impressed you remembered.

ObiwanGinobili
05-27-2006, 02:13 PM
Blue is Sho's color.

I'm impressed you remembered.

yeah butta, thats kinda gay. do you remeber how they styled thier hair and what drinks they had too?

ShoogarBear
05-27-2006, 02:16 PM
Damn, butta, the pack is circling . . . :lol

sa_butta
05-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Blue is Sho's color.

I'm impressed you remembered.It was funny because we went there, and actually it was a private party. But the bar did not block of the upper level. So we went up there and introduced ourselves. Then after a while a guy approached us and asked us "who are you guys here with?" My buzzed friend replied "were with Rasho" and pointed his way. That worked for about 5 minutes, then a bouncer made us go back down stairs and blocked off the upstairs balcony. Robert Horry was downstairs during all of this so that is how me met him.

sa_butta
05-27-2006, 02:19 PM
yeah butta, thats kinda gay. do you remeber how they styled thier hair and what drinks they had too?It is gay to remember what they wore, I thought that would be intelligence.
trust me girl I aint gay, I was with some hot girls there.

angel_luv
05-27-2006, 02:19 PM
Obi -shh! :lol
So did you talk to Rasho and Beno?

ObiwanGinobili
05-27-2006, 02:40 PM
So did you talk to Rasho and Beno?

:lol ok ok I'll leave you to gab with your girlfriend.

angel_luv
05-27-2006, 02:43 PM
:lol ok ok I'll leave you to gab with your girlfriend.

Stay. Three's company. :)

ObiwanGinobili
05-27-2006, 02:45 PM

actually I'm folding clothes. but thanks sweetie.

sa_butta
05-27-2006, 02:47 PM
So did you talk to Rasho and Beno?I didnt really talk to them, I just went up to each of them, said whats up and shook their hands. It was real loud in there and we were busy drinking and checking out the rest of scenery. Besides I didnt want to really bother them too much, they probably dont like that.

Dutch13
05-27-2006, 02:55 PM
There just normal people like you and I wish everyone would treat them as such. My son went to school with Steve Kerr's son, Danny Ferry's daughters, heck R.C. Buford goes to all local high school games.

sa_butta
05-27-2006, 02:57 PM
There just normal people like you and I wish everyone would treat them as such. My son went to school with Steve Kerr's son, Danny Ferry's daughters, heck R.C. Buford goes to all local high school games.7 feet tall is not normal like you and I.

Dutch13
05-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Well Im 6'7" so yes I guess they are

sa_butta
05-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Well Im 6'7" so yes I guess they areGood for you. Do you play in the NBA too?

Dutch13
05-27-2006, 03:01 PM
Nope. too old, too white :lol

angel_luv
05-27-2006, 03:11 PM
I didnt really talk to them, I just went up to each of them, said whats up and shook their hands. It was real loud in there and we were busy drinking and checking out the rest of scenery. Besides I didnt want to really bother them too much, they probably dont like that.

Horry was talking to some hot girl and Rasho and Beno were surrounded by chicks.

:lmao

ShoogarBear
05-27-2006, 03:34 PM
Nope. too old, too white :lol
If you're really old and white you coulda played with George Mikan.

Jimcs50
05-27-2006, 04:42 PM
So since our season is over and there's not as much to talk about:

I think I saw Coach Pop today, if he drives a black Land Rover then it was probably him, I was driving so I can't say I got the best look at him but the guy I saw definitely looked like Coach Pop, this was near Huebner and Babcock....

Yes that was probably him, that area is near the Nothside Boys Club, he was recruiting next years small ball playoff team.

MissAllThat
05-27-2006, 05:40 PM

I'm totally into the Beno gossip myself. Now as for Rasho...lets not go there.

DannyT
05-27-2006, 05:54 PM
There just normal people like you and I wish everyone would treat them as such. My son went to school with Steve Kerr's son, Danny Ferry's daughters, heck R.C. Buford goes to all local high school games.

i know steve kerrs kid doesnt go to school there or atleast i dont think so but doesnt he have a house in alamo heights?

Buddy Holly
07-10-2006, 03:11 AM
Beno... always clubbin'
http://xs103.xs.to/xs103/06281/beno.PNG

TDMVPDPOY
07-10-2006, 03:39 AM
Beno... always clubbin'
http://xs103.xs.to/xs103/06281/beno.PNG

whose the brunette chick?? :blah