PDA

View Full Version : Wade might bolt?

ducks
05-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Wade for the money

My NBA familyis telling me most in the NBA are looking at the wrong guys when it comes to re-signing this summer.

Most wonder if Cleveland's LeBron James and Denver's Carmelo Anthony will re-up with their respective teams. This is the first time a three-year player can sign an extension with their own club. If no new deal is signed before the end of their fifth season with the club, they can become unrestricted free agents. In this draft class, it would be in 2008.

In reality, the man NBA America should watch out for is Heat star guard Dwyane Wade .

Apparently, it's not a slam dunk that Wade will re-sign with the Heat after the postseason.

And when you think about it, it makes sense.

Center Shaquille O'Neal is near the end of his career. He's closer to retirement than he is to another championship. While Wade loves playing with Shaq -- what smart shooting guard not named Kobe Bryant wouldn't? -- he knows the big fella won't be around much longer.

Wade wants to know what the long-term plans are for the Heat. The last thing Wade wants to do is sign and get stuck with a losing and rebuilding team. The best years of his career could potentially be wasted. The Heat aren't exactly a young team with a big upside. In fact, it's the opposite.

The Heat -- with Shaq, Gary Payton , Alonzo Mourning and Antoine Walker -- aren't an old bunch, but their pregame meal does include sodium-free bacon and a chest X-ray.

The other factor is how Wade plays. The commercial of him crashing to the floor is accurate. Wade, who plays above the rim, isn't guaranteed a long career because of a possible injury. No wonder Wade wants to win sooner than later. And Miami might not be the place for that to happen.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060527/SPORTS08/605270308/1126/SPORTS0101

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-27-2006, 09:07 AM
If Wade wants potential immediate success he should join us.

JamStone
05-27-2006, 09:31 AM
He'd be a perfect fit on his hometeam CHICAGO BULLS. Ben Gordon is a shooting guard trapped in a point guard's body. Kirk Hinrich often ends up guarding guys that are much bigger and stronger than him. While Wade is shorter than the average NBA shooting guard, he has the length and athleticism to hang with any of them.

If the Bulls are patient and draft someone like LaMarcus Aldridge to play along side Tyson Chandler, their only real missing piece is an athletic shooting guard who can carry the scoring load and not be a liability on defense.

It's almost too perfect. Now, add to that the fact that Chicago is currently way under the salary cap, especially if they don't make any other big free agent signings or trades, they could offer Wade a heck of a lot of money.

Let's just say hypothetically that he does sign with the Bulls. Maybe they move Ben Gordon for a veteran player or a future draft pick. The Chicago Bulls roster could look something like this:

Kirk Hinrich>> Chris Duhon >> Jannero Pargo
DWYANE WADE >> Maurice Ager (draft) >> Eric Piatkowski
Andres Nocioni >> Luol Deng
LaMARCUS ALDRIDGE (draft) >> Mike Sweetney >> Othella Harrington
NAZR MOHAMMED (free agency) >> Tyson Chandler >> Malik Allen

Not a bad team at all over the next decade.

PaceMonster
05-27-2006, 09:46 AM
He's not going anywhere....Melo, Lebron, and Wade will not get traded in the next 10 years

JamStone
05-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Who said anything about being traded?

If he waits until he's an unrestricted free agent after next season, the Miami Heat can do nothing to keep him if he really wants to leave.

Extra Stout
05-27-2006, 11:04 AM
"The other factor is how Wade plays. The commercial of him crashing to the floor is accurate. Wade, who plays above the rim, isn't guaranteed a long career because of a possible injury. No wonder Wade wants to win sooner than later. And Miami might not be the place for that to happen."

This is the same journalist-generated bullshit speculation that always emerges about players. If Wade indeed is considered about the length of his career, there is absolutely no fucking way in hell he is going to risk tens of millions of dollars to wait to become an unrestricted free agent, when he can just re-up with Miami and be done with it.

PaceMonster
05-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Who said anything about being traded?

If he waits until he's an unrestricted free agent after next season, the Miami Heat can do nothing to keep him if he really wants to leave.

He loves the Heat, he wont go anywhere unless they trade him(which aint happenin)

Darrin
05-27-2006, 04:55 PM
He's not going anywhere....Melo, Lebron, and Wade will not get traded in the next 10 years

Still, it's more likely with an aging nucleus, that Wade may leave versus Lebron James, in my opinion. Shaquille O'Neal is probably done after next season. He may continue to play out that contract, but he'll be done. Watching him at 36-years-old will be like watching Patrick Ewing in Seattle. Mourning will be the same way.

The Heat have invested in all of these other pieces long-term - Walker, Williams, Posey - that don't play consistent, man-to-man defense. So Wade is staring into the abyss without any further transactions, as the guy asked to carry the team after contending for the first 3-5 seasons of his career. Worse than Kobe Bryant, he's facing the prospect of people thinking "it's all Shaq."

A career comparison if he hits serious injury problems on an average team - Penny Hardaway or Vince Carter. Neither one lasted very long with the pressure to carry a team when they can't even get on the court.

JamStone
05-27-2006, 10:53 PM
PaceMonster,

I don't doubt that Wade loves the Miami Heat and the City of Miami. But, as a competitor, he's going to want to win. And, after Shaq retires in a couple of years, the Heat will struggle to be contenders, most likely.

Put it to you this way, Karl Malone loved the Utah Jazz. Charles Barkley loved the 76ers. But, they each pushed for trades when their respective teams were no longer title contenders.

I'm not saying it's a guarantee that Wade will leave. But, this is professional sports. It's always a real possibility.

PaceMonster
05-27-2006, 11:05 PM
^ :oops i got ya man

ducks
05-27-2006, 11:06 PM
what a stupid thread
then why are in it :lol

The-Wizz
05-28-2006, 02:05 PM
if i was wade id sign with the detroit muscle

samikeyp
05-28-2006, 10:21 PM
If Wade truly cares about a title...he should be willing to go elsewhere for less money. After all, titles mean more than money, right?

I know...who am I kidding? :lol

PaceMonster
05-28-2006, 10:28 PM
HE'S IN HIS THIRD FRIGGIEN YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!he wants to make a championship team...not join a contender...learn basketball

Darrin
05-28-2006, 10:47 PM
HE'S IN HIS THIRD FRIGGIEN YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!he wants to make a championship team...not join a contender...learn basketball

If I had to handicap it right now, I'd say there's a 75-85% chance that he re-signs with the Heat.

PaceMonster
05-28-2006, 10:52 PM
id say a 99.9% chance he signs

Burn531
05-29-2006, 12:03 AM
I see Carmelo leaving his team more than Wade or Lebron. I mean there teams are going in the right direction compared to the Nugs.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2006, 12:38 AM
I can't think of anyone who turned down a max deal from his original team off his rookie deal under the last two CBAs, and I can't think of any franchise guy that didn't extend his rookie deal as soon as the extension was offered. Young guys care about winning, but not to the extent that they'll pass up the guaranteed $ for it.