PDA

View Full Version : wolves trying to trade pick 6 in draft

ducks
05-27-2006, 09:04 AM
) Pssst: The Timberwolves, desperate to win now and with Kevin Garnett about to enter his 12th season, are trying to trade their No. 6 overall pick in next month's NBA draft for a veteran player. But because the draft has no high-impact players, the Wolves are having trouble finding a team that wants to deal.http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/columnists/charley_walters/14669870.htm

JamStone
05-27-2006, 11:11 AM
If Rudy Gay is still around at no. 6 as expected, the Wolves would do well in keeping that pick and adding Gay to the KG and Ricky Davis core. They still have pieces to trade for another impact player.

Mavtek
05-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Finley and Barry for the 6th pick, or Rasho for the 6th.

ducks
05-27-2006, 11:20 AM
rasho for 6 pick not barry and finley

JMarkJohns
05-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Ben Gordon for the #6 overall pick?

I think it makes sense. Gordon is a bitch and a liability for a defensive-minded team like Chicago. He can start and get plenty of shots in Minnesota.

Chicago can draft a stud like Ronnie Brewer at #6 or even a player like Sheldon Williams and then hope a JJ Redick is still available around #16. Add these two players to either Bargnani or Aldridge and they have a good thing going. They can then focus on Hinrich's and Nocioni's contract extensions.

PG: Hinrich, Duhon, Pargo
SG: Deng, Redick
SF: Nocioni
PF: Aldridge, Sweetney
C: Chandler, Williams, Songaila

sickdsm
05-27-2006, 03:16 PM
We already have an undersized two in McCants. No thanks for Ben Gordon.

There trying to swing a deal for Iverson. I'm all for it if they can find a way to keep KG, McCants, #6 pick and resign banks.

Blount,KG,Gay (makes alot of sense if Ricky is gone) McCants/AI and Banks/AI would be a great start, both for young talant and vet's/drawing fans but i don't think any combo thats left would be enough.

Don't think they can trade the pick, only after they picked the player.

sickdsm
05-27-2006, 03:34 PM
I take that back, the pick is available to trade.

Leetonidas
05-27-2006, 04:00 PM
It would be great for us to get a #6 pick. Give them Scola. :lol