PDA

View Full Version : hoopsworld rasho wants out badly?

ducks
05-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Out In San Antonio?: The Spurs will be making some changes this off-season after getting bounced out by Dallas. Word is that Rasho Nesterovic wants out badly; he allegedly told sources that he wants a trade and would rather be anywhere he can get meaningful playing time, than in San Antonio. Nazr Mohammed is also expected to bolt the Spurs; he is a free agent and is expected to follow the money after falling out of favor with the Spurs coaching staff. Nick Van Exel said he will retire this off-season after a sub-par year by his standards. The Spurs have identified back-up point guard as one of their key areas of focus this off-season which begs the question, is Beno Udrih going to be made available in trade also? Don’t be surprised to see the Spurs active in the trade discussions this summer, and they are expected to be spenders on free agents.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_17520.shtml

Sway
05-27-2006, 10:47 AM
Word is that Rasho Nesterovic wants out badly; he allegedly told sources that he wants a trade and would rather be anywhere he can get meaningful playing time

Hope the Spurs make him happy and ship his ass off to anyone who is willing to take him.

and they are expected to be spenders on free agents

Yeah right! I will wait and see...big spender has never been used to describe Holt cat.

ducks
05-27-2006, 10:47 AM
angle if he does leave I hope he gets playing time
that is what he wants I guess
hoopsworld is not that crediably but I believe he would want playing time

ducks
05-27-2006, 10:48 AM
not sure how they can be spenders they can try but mle and vle to me do not make them spenders

ata
05-27-2006, 10:50 AM
I am not surprised.

manuginobili20
05-27-2006, 10:50 AM
I dont see anything wrong with Rasho or Nazr wanting to leave Popavich fucked up by not playing them especially against Dallas if i was in their position I'd be gone quick.

ducks
05-27-2006, 10:51 AM
if nazr and rasho do not want to be spurs GET RID OF THEM

do not want any one causing problems

Bruno
05-27-2006, 10:51 AM
First , hoopsworld : we can doubt about the truth of this.

Second, I can understand that Rasho is fed up. You can say that he sucks but this guy has been a starting center for almost 500 nba games. The truth is that he is a bad fit in San Antonio.
Rasho is a true center who plays good D with some offensive skills but isn't a great rebounder.
Pop ask him to defend PF because Duncan can't defend most of the PF, there aren't any sytem for him because Duncan is the low post scorer and we need rebounding from the C spot because bowen is a poor rebounder.

Rasho on the right team, that is to say with a real PF and a SF who can rebound, can be a good starting center. Just look at what he has done with Wolves and with Slovenian NT.

Free the Sho. :)

ducks
05-27-2006, 10:53 AM
I dont see anything wrong with Rasho or Nazr wanting to leave Popavich fucked up by not playing them against Dallas if i was in their position I'd be gone quick.

I would think nazr and rasho would want to win a ring and do what is best for the team

nazr might be ticked because he wanted to play well for his contract
but rasho has a contract

these poor nba players that get paid millions and are ticked because they have to set on the bench are a bunch of :baby

JamStone
05-27-2006, 10:55 AM
"hoopsworld.com"

boutons_
05-27-2006, 10:56 AM
In spite of their $Ms to play with outside of the game, they still want minutes??

Greedy bastards! :lol

When Rasho came, I had a vision of him playing out his career alongside Tim through Tim's prime years, avging 11 and 7. oh well ...

It was Rasho's opportunity to waste. He is capable of better basketball than what the Spurs saw. Very disappointed that he and Spurs couldn't figure out how to get Rasho to contribute to his max.

manuginobili20
05-27-2006, 10:58 AM
Knowing Popabitch and his newly found small ball scheme, I wouldnt dout that he doesnt intend to keep either Rasho or Nazr. That would definitely suck if was the case.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-27-2006, 11:03 AM
these poor nba players that get paid millions and are ticked because they have to set on the bench are a bunch of

More like they were pissed because they sat and watched the Spurs get killed in the paint for seven games while their dumbass coach thought Horry and Bowen could hold down the lane.

Pop never gave them a chance, when last year they were key role players in the Spurs title run and again in this team getting 63 wins this year in the regular season.

Pop dug his own grave on this one. Get ready for small ball and no more NBA titles. Yay for Pop.

ducks
05-27-2006, 11:20 AM
how many spurs players have asked to get out

ploto
05-27-2006, 11:28 AM
"They talk trades all the time in the NBA," Nesterovic said. "Until it happens, I'm not going to think about it. This is a championship team, and I'd rather be here than go to a team that's barely going to make the playoffs."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA101505.1C.BBK.spurs.rasho.22568196.html

ducks
05-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Future hangs in balance for Spurs' Nesterovic%^^^^

Web Posted: 10/15/2005 12:00 AM CDT

ploto
05-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Nesterovic did not get the least bit angry when Popovich held him out Friday. Rather, he looked at the decision as logical, especially knowing that Yao awaited the next night.

"Yeah, I understood," Nesterovic said. "Their (Suns') biggest guy was, what, 6-foot-something? Here, their biggest guy is 7-6. There's a need for big guys against the Rockets.

"It was huge for Rasho and for us," Duncan said. "He understood that role and understood tonight would be a lot more minutes for him than last night. That's the kind of guys we have, players who will allow themselves to be put in that position and be ready, no matter what."

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA031906.1C.BKNspurs.rockets.gamer.312b732.html

ploto
05-27-2006, 11:46 AM
I would think nazr and rasho would want to win a ring and do what is best for the team
That is why I am doubting this claim. In his career, Rasho has always been about what it best for the team. He comes from a culture and a basketball climate in which that is simply how you are supposed to be. He spent time helping Nazr all the while Nazr wanted his starting job and sometimes even got it. He has said nothing but good things about liking being in San Antonio. I could never ever imagine the words coming out of Rasho's mouth that he would rather be anywhere than here- just not believable.

This is a report from some hoopsworld guy that I have never even heard of and who thinks the Spurs can be spenders in free ageny- which they can't. Don't you think that someone in SA would have heard this-- reporters who even travel with the team. Has there been any inkling from any local media or Slovenian media that Rasho has said anything like this? Sure, the guy would llike to play, but the notion that he suddenly wants a trade so bad, especially when all indications are that Nazr is leaving, would make little sense right now.

Even last summer, Rasho was asked by a Slovenian reporter if he wanted to be traded after not hardly playing in the play-offs. Rasho told the reporter that this is not how it works. That in Rasho's view, the NBA team owns your contract and it does whatever it wants to do- whether keep you or trade you- deciding whatever they think is best for the team. The player does not have any say-so at all into what they do with you.

baseline bum
05-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Rasho gave us nothing in the title run last year. His injury late in the season was a pretty large comtributing factor to that title. He's a complete waste @ $7.3 million next season, but I can't see anyone taking him off our hands while giving up something usable.

boutons_
05-27-2006, 11:59 AM
"what is best for the team"

Too idealistic.

A player has to get enough playing time, feel he's making a contribution, doing his job AS WELL AS helping the team. Both the individual and group needs must be satisfied.

A player who doesn't play isn't a ... player. He's just practice meat. He feels useless, wasted, unappreciated.

Sean accepts being eternal IR/practice meat. Unlike Rasho, Sean's NEVER been an NBA player or starter. I personally would love to have Sean's role vs whatever else Sean could be doing (and NOT earning the kind of $$$ the Spurs pay him)

A ring for a suited up player not any playoff PT is a somewhat devalued ring.

Rasho's 30 and wants to play. He just can't play on the Spurs.

Slomo
05-27-2006, 12:02 PM
"hoopsworld.com"
Best post in this thread!

Actually that was the only post I expected to see.

ploto
05-27-2006, 12:06 PM
Best post in this thread!

Actually that was the only post I expected to see.
I've been curious Slomo. Anything in the Slovenian media about Rasho and Beno since the season ended? I know they report to the national team in July.

zeleni
05-27-2006, 12:06 PM
redundant topic.

Rasho will love to be with Spurs and would like to have a title with Slovenian NT.
He just feels he didn't impressed Pop enough. (all of this is just guessing..just like this hoopsworld character)

He would leave only if he was unwanted or felt to be unwanted. I feel a great world championship coming in Japan. Whole different than the World Cup we had in Korea.

Texas_Ranger
05-27-2006, 12:23 PM
I am not surprised.

Me too

Slomo
05-27-2006, 12:24 PM
I've been curious Slomo. Anything in the Slovenian media about Rasho and Beno since the season ended? I know they report to the national team in July.Not really, the hype will begin for the championship when they're at the NT training camp.

NBA coverage sucks - but not for lack of interest, more because the people who could make it better really don't care/know much about the NBA.

As far as breaking news about what one or the other wants, or what is happening to them I expect to hear about it first in here :) (and not from Hoopsworld!).

angel_luv
05-27-2006, 12:33 PM
Demanding a trade doesn't sound like Sho to me.

The Slogan is Keep the Sho.

Get it right. :)

velik_m
05-27-2006, 12:49 PM
That is why I am doubting this claim. In his career, Rasho has always been about what it best for the team. He comes from a culture and a basketball climate in which that is simply how you are supposed to be. He spent time helping Nazr all the while Nazr wanted his starting job and sometimes even got it. He has said nothing but good things about liking being in San Antonio. I could never ever imagine the words coming out of Rasho's mouth that he would rather be anywhere than here- just not believable.

This is a report from some hoopsworld guy that I have never even heard of and who thinks the Spurs can be spenders in free ageny- which they can't. Don't you think that someone in SA would have heard this-- reporters who even travel with the team. Has there been any inkling from any local media or Slovenian media that Rasho has said anything like this? Sure, the guy would llike to play, but the notion that he suddenly wants a trade so bad, especially when all indications are that Nazr is leaving, would make little sense right now.

Even last summer, Rasho was asked by a Slovenian reporter if he wanted to be traded after not hardly playing in the play-offs. Rasho told the reporter that this is not how it works. That in Rasho's view, the NBA team owns your contract and it does whatever it wants to do- whether keep you or trade you- deciding whatever they think is best for the team. The player does not have any say-so at all into what they do with you.

That and he's living a montenegrian dream: getting payed millions for sitting. ;)

I feel a great world championship coming in Japan. Whole different than the World Cup we had in Korea.

i blocked that out of my memory... why did you have to bring it up? :depressed

Winnipeg_Spur
05-27-2006, 01:19 PM
That definitely doesn't sound like something Rasho would say, but realistically it doesn't really matter. Spurs will be be trying pretty hard to move him this summer, regardless. The only factor really involved is if any team will be willing to take him (and his contract) and him demanding a trade isn't going to have any effect on that.

angel_luv
05-27-2006, 01:43 PM
i blocked that out of my memory... why did you have to bring it up? :depressed

This year's W.C. is going to be awesome.

BELIEVE. :)

Slovenia is :king

T Park
05-27-2006, 01:56 PM
:lol

I see now people want Pop fired.

Hey Pimpo, just curious, who would you like to coach instead?

Names, dont give me your candyass answers either.

Discuss and act like an adult or gtfo.

Kori Ellis
05-27-2006, 02:04 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Rasho wants out (but I doubt he'd say it to a hoopsworld reporter).

The most unbelievable thing to me in the post is:

Don’t be surprised to see the Spurs active in the trade discussions this summer, and they are expected to be spenders on free agents.

They don't even have much to spend.

T Park
05-27-2006, 02:05 PM
I guess they mean with the MLE and the LLE.

angel_luv
05-27-2006, 02:07 PM
If Rasho wants to go somewhere else, than I mostly want him to get to go there. I want him to be happy.

I just don't want to imagine Sho not being here- feels really, really wrong.

T Park
05-27-2006, 02:08 PM
I just don't want to imagine Sho not being here- feels really, really wrong

You must not have been a Spurs fan pre 2003 04.

angel_luv
05-27-2006, 02:10 PM
You must not have been a Spurs fan pre 2003 04.

If you would be sensitive to how much I love Sho, you would know that comments like that are neither helpful nor necessary.

Kori Ellis
05-27-2006, 02:12 PM
I guess they mean with the MLE and the LLE.

No, they are probably just stupid and think the Spurs have money to be considered "spenders" in free agency.

JUUOT
05-27-2006, 02:14 PM

Second, I can understand that Rasho is fed up. You can say that he sucks but this guy has been a starting center for almost 500 nba games. The truth is that he is a bad fit in San Antonio.
Rasho is a true center who plays good D with some offensive skills but isn't a great rebounder.
Pop ask him to defend PF because Duncan can't defend most of the PF, there aren't any sytem for him because Duncan is the low post scorer and we need rebounding from the C spot because bowen is a poor rebounder.

Rasho on the right team, that is to say with a real PF and a SF who can rebound, can be a good starting center. Just look at what he has done with Wolves and with Slovenian NT.

I would love to see him in Toronto. he would be a good mentor for bosh and villanueva and he would be a good anchor for this young team that needs a true center, Bosh is a PF and villanueva is SF/PF. They have a ton of capspace, and some assets: mo pete, bonner we could use.

timvp
05-27-2006, 03:00 PM
I like how Rasho played in the first couple games of the playoffs this year. If he can come off the bench and play like that, he's a useful player. Still not worth his contract but better than nothing.

ploto
05-27-2006, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Rasho wants out (but I doubt he'd say it to a hoopsworld reporter).

That was sort of my point. Even if Rasho were frustrated, how would this be the one reporter to know it! He isn't even the "regular" guy who covers the Spurs for hoopsworld or the guy who covers the international players for hoopsworld either.

I also noticed one major omission by this guy. I think most would agree that when it comes to possible trades, that Brent Barry would deserve a mention. He is after all the guy who almost got traded in February. The Spurs will keep Manu, Bruce, and Michael, so he is the fourth swingman and most "expendable." If Nazr is so surely gone, Rasho would not be as easy to "replace" if you want some true center with NBA experience on the team. To get rid of Beno, you have to have a back-up point guard in mind. It does not mean the Spurs won't explore trades involving any and all of these guys- and maybe even others- but any Spurs trade talks would probably start with Brent- as evidenced by the activities on the trade deadline.

Kori Ellis
05-27-2006, 04:13 PM
He isn't even the "regular" guy who covers the Spurs for hoopsworld or the guy who covers the international players for hoopsworld either.

He's the guy who runs Hoopsworld though.

ploto
05-27-2006, 04:16 PM
He's the guy who runs Hoopsworld though.
Oh- well that gives him even less credibility!! :lol

clubalien
05-27-2006, 04:31 PM
I think this might add credibility to those rumors that we go after ben wallace.
i think also it makes signing javkotes? more of a sure thing.
Not sure what places woudl want rasho though.

sickdsm
05-27-2006, 05:41 PM

This is probably the worst post i've EVER seen here. That says a lot.

First you say bullshit to the source, then you basically say, "well, duh. I knew that."

But worst of all, when did Rasho play with a rebounding SF?

Did Marion secretly replace Wally at some point in there careers?

As much as i kiss Pop's ass, that's one of the stupidest decisions ever not to use those two big guys.

T Park
05-27-2006, 05:43 PM
that's one of the stupidest decisions ever not to use those two big guys

Id love to know how Rasho or Nazr no hands Mohammed was gonna keep the Mavericks from making jump shots.

polandprzem
05-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Rasho?

Big deal :rolleyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Id love to know how Rasho or Nazr no hands Mohammed was gonna keep the Mavericks from making jump shots.

No one said anything about jump shots. They said plenty about offensive rebounds for the Mavs (+25 for them in the series) and points in the paint *cough Devin Harris cough*

Bruno
05-27-2006, 06:22 PM
This is probably the worst post i've EVER seen here. That says a lot.

Thanks.

First you say bullshit to the source, then you basically say, "well, duh. I knew that."

I don't say that, please re-read. I say that I can understand why a guy who has started 500 games with KG and TD is pissed about being benched. Rasho isn't a rookie and the way Pop has put him in and out since his injury last season isn't the more pleasant thing.

But worst of all, when did Rasho play with a rebounding SF?

Did Marion secretly replace Wally at some point in there careers?

Gary Trent and Joe Smith. During the 2002 and 2003 seasons (Rasho's best seasons as a wolve), Wally mainly played SG.

As much as i kiss Pop's ass, that's one of the stupidest decisions ever not to use those two big guys.

Playing with only one big against Dallas was the less worst thing to do.

veruca
05-27-2006, 11:16 PM

The frustrating thing about Pop in this series was he didn't even TRY to play Spurs ball (by that, I mean playing Spurs ball for more than one minute). He could have at least given it a chance for 1/2 quarter! The small ball Spurs played put so much damn pressure on Timmy not only offensively but defensively but what's done is done--we can still talk about it.

sickdsm
05-28-2006, 09:10 AM
Thanks.

I don't say that, please re-read. I say that I can understand why a guy who has started 500 games with KG and TD is pissed about being benched. Rasho isn't a rookie and the way Pop has put him in and out since his injury last season isn't the more pleasant thing.

Gary Trent and Joe Smith. During the 2002 and 2003 seasons (Rasho's best seasons as a wolve), Wally mainly played SG.

Playing with only one big against Dallas was the less worst thing to do.

Nice try, both backup PF's. If your going to call Trent a SF you might as well call Charles Barley a SG. Wally did play SG ONE YEAR and Kev SF ONE YEAR but you, I and the whole world knows that Wally is a SG, KG is a PF and Those two backups are PF's. Funny you mention Rasho's last year as a wolf. Wally played 2 guard on '01-02, NOT 02-03. It WAS his allstar year but the defense was so hoooorrrrribbbblleee that he had to stay at SF ('nother brialliant idea Flip) But you seem to think that in rasho's last year the lineup was Rasho, Joe Smith, KG, Wally, Hudson.

Laughable at best. I'm sure that combo hit the floor but it wasn't that much.

Joe Smith is 6'10. He isn't deceptively quick, nor a great range shooter. What makes you think he's a SF?

As for Trent? You've never seen him nor his game to say something like that.

Tell any wolves fan that you wish the spurs would have had some of our SF's in the past that can rebound and after theyre done laughing they'll ask if you'd like some of our brilliant slashing SG's and our NBA rings also.

Bruno
05-28-2006, 09:22 AM
Nice try, both backup PF's. If your going to call Trent a SF you might as well call Charles Barley a SG. Wally did play SG ONE YEAR and Kev SF ONE YEAR but you, I and the whole world knows that Wally is a SG, KG is a PF and Those two backups are PF's. Funny you mention Rasho's last year as a wolf. Wally played 2 guard on '01-02, NOT 02-03. It WAS his allstar year but the defense was so hoooorrrrribbbblleee that he had to stay at SF ('nother brialliant idea Flip) But you seem to think that in rasho's last year the lineup was Rasho, Joe Smith, KG, Wally, Hudson.

Laughable at best. I'm sure that combo hit the floor but it wasn't that much.

2002 : KG 81 GS and Rasho 82 GS.
Smith has started 63 games and Trent 10 games.
Wolves have started 72 games with a good rebounder at SF.

2003 : KG 82 GS and Rasho 77 GS
Smith has started 21 games, Woods 11 and Trent 22 games
Wolves have started 49 games with a good rebounder at SF.

It don't matter if Garnett or Smith/Trent was the SF : Rasho has played a lot of minutes with 2 good rebounders at SF and PF and it helps to hide his rebounding weakness. With SA he has never played with 2 good rebounders.

And you are a wolve fan. :lmao

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-28-2006, 11:35 AM
you rweak ass has a ring and we won the 05 title DESPITE of you

hope he's gone

The Spurs have tried VERY hard to get rid of him but every team knows how bad he is

BgT
05-28-2006, 01:59 PM
You read just the title, haven't you? And you failed even that, because it seems you missed the first word.

megamanu
05-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Rasho + pick

to Portland for

Brian Skinner + Travis Outlaw or Viktor Khryapa

????

sickdsm
05-29-2006, 12:21 PM
2002 : KG 81 GS and Rasho 82 GS.
Smith has started 63 games and Trent 10 games.
Wolves have started 72 games with a good rebounder at SF.

2003 : KG 82 GS and Rasho 77 GS
Smith has started 21 games, Woods 11 and Trent 22 games
Wolves have started 49 games with a good rebounder at SF.

It don't matter if Garnett or Smith/Trent was the SF : Rasho has played a lot of minutes with 2 good rebounders at SF and PF and it helps to hide his rebounding weakness. With SA he has never played with 2 good rebounders.

And you are a wolve fan. :lmao

He's still a FUCKING POWER FORWARD!!!!!!

You don't hear people talking about how many assists the lakers center got in Magic's rookie year in the finals, you hear how magic played out of position.

WTF do you think will happan if the wolves started Blount, KG, Griffen, Hassell and Jaric every game?

In other words Rasho is a good player.................

If you totally fuck your lineup up and throw a big man at the sf position to make up for it?????

And yes, i am a wolves fan that's smart enough to know that Kev was the SF, did well but didn't like playing out of position. You act as if i didn't know that Joe smith started a butt load of games in '02. Did you NOT see where i said wally played the 2 guard that year? Reread and figure out that that had to mean someone was being shifted to his spot. I love how you point to Joe starting 21 games like it means something. Fucking Loren wood's started ten less games and he should never have made it into this league.

Why don't you start Rasho, Nazr, and Duncan as your frontline players? Then we can call Timmy a SF. That's exactly what you are saying.....

Bruno
05-29-2006, 01:32 PM
He's still a FUCKING POWER FORWARD!!!!!!

You can call him like you want but when you play with Garnett and Smith one of them play at the SF spot. They can be both natural PF but that doesn't change the fact that Rasho played with a good rebounder at the PF spot and at the SF spot. The guy who played at the SF spot is the SF for the game, plain and simple.

In other words Rasho is a good player.................

If you totally fuck your lineup up and throw a big man at the sf position to make up for it?????

Did I say that ?
I've just said that Rasho is better with a good rebounding SF. Most of natural SFs are way better rebounder than Bowen and they aren't PFs.

Bowen average 5.5 rebounds/48 min.
Marion, Nocioni, Villanueva, Granger, Kirilenko, Howard, Smith, Deng, Williams, Jeffries, Harpring, Jones, Butler, Pierce are natural SFs who average more than 8 rebounds/48min.

And yes, i am a wolves fan that's smart enough to know that Kev was the SF, did well but didn't like playing out of position. You act as if i didn't know that Joe smith started a butt load of games in '02. Did you NOT see where i said wally played the 2 guard that year? Reread and figure out that that had to mean someone was being shifted to his spot. I love how you point to Joe starting 21 games like it means something. Fucking Loren wood's started ten less games and he should never have made it into this league.

You can think what you want and I agree for the most part with you (KG/Smith/Trent are PF and Woods isn't nba material..) but that doesn't change the fact that on his 2 best seasons Rasho has started 121 games with two good rebounders with him and only 38 with only one good rebounder with him.

Why don't you start Rasho, Nazr, and Duncan as your frontline players? Then we can call Timmy a SF. That's exactly what you are saying.....

Because this lineup is horrible.
I'm saying what I'm saying, please read and don't put words in my mouth.