PDA

View Full Version : Will SpursTalk lose Slomo and other posters if we trade Rasho?

Satan
05-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Think about it!

Why would they stay Spur fans if the #1 player they support moves to another team?

And would you blame them? I met about 4 posters that came from different countries just to see Spurs players like Beno and Rasho play,

These folks only became Spur fans after their favorite player started to play for San Antonio. After all , if Rasho or Beno get traded to Dallas or the Pistons, why should they still support the Spurs? So I ask this question to everyone.

Will SpursTalk lose Slomo and other posters if we trade Rasho or Beno?
And would you blame them if they left?

Thank you

angel_luv
05-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Get out of here :loser

I claimed this board first! :D :angel

PostsTotal Posts: 7,528 (13.08 posts per day)
Find all posts by angel_luv
Find all threads started by angel_luv

PostsTotal Posts: 36 (0.36 posts per day)
Find all posts by Satan
Find all threads started by Satan

ShoogarBear
05-27-2006, 02:22 PM
LMAO @ Satan "Believe."

DeeBo
05-27-2006, 02:29 PM
No matter what they do it will not be good. If they stay Spur fans? Then they turned their backs on their own county by not supporting the only person in the NBA from their home land.

If they leave to support their players? Spur fans will say they where never true San Antonio Spur fans to start with and they will feel bad. the bottom-line is..........

they are screwed :lmao

angel_luv
05-27-2006, 02:30 PM
I am going to root for whatever team Rasho is on and the Spurs. And I'm not going anywhere. :)

Kori Ellis
05-27-2006, 02:31 PM
I am going to root for whatever team Rasho is on and the Spurs. And I'm not going anywhere. :)

Umm.. I think he's talking about the Slovenians not you. :lmao

Jesus
05-27-2006, 02:32 PM
what ever they do I will forgive them

angel_luv
05-27-2006, 02:32 PM
Umm.. I think he's talking about the Slovenians not you. :lmao

Last I checked, I am an honorary. :angel

Kori Ellis
05-27-2006, 02:34 PM
Last I checked, I am an honorary. :angel

Yeah I get that.

But I think he is addressing the Slovenians that only became Spurs fans when Rasho arrived (Or maybe you just became a Spurs fan then too?) That's the point of the thread.

Everyone knows you'd follow Rasho wherever he went.

Happy Devil
05-27-2006, 02:35 PM
I wonder what freaks will be at Kori's GTGs if Pop trades for more players from other countries :lol

Gumby
05-27-2006, 02:37 PM

You need to not ride the fence and pick one team when the season starts.

Unless you marry Tpark :lmao

Suns Fan
05-27-2006, 02:41 PM

After we got Nash? I didn't see any Mav fans supporting him, why would you support Rasho?

angel_luv
05-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Yeah I get that.

But I think he is addressing the Slovenians that only became Spurs fans when Rasho arrived (Or maybe you just became a Spurs fan then too?) That's the point of the thread.

I thought it was fitting that I respond if only as an Angel addressing satan.

But I do see understand your point.:)

And in answer to your question, I was a Spurs fan before Sho came.

Slomo
05-27-2006, 02:45 PM
I was a fan before Rasho joined.

Of course when they acquired him I was a very happy fan :), he was the one Slovenian NBA player that I was really following (I just couldn't force myself to like the Wolves). But in retrospect Tony's drafting had more to do with me becoming a Spurs fan than Rasho.

I like the way the Spurs play ball, I like the fact that they are one of the few teams in the NBA that take pride in being a team - not just 5 individuals playing together. I like the intelligence of the organization and the respect they show foreigners.

In the last two years I have also learned to like the city of San Antonio and the crazy fans on this forum.

So as long as those factors are present so will I be.

Oh and just to clarify I will always be a fan of Rasho and a fan of my other countrymen in the NBA (yes there's more than one), but the team I will be rooting for are the Spurs.

On the negative side: I'm not too found of this new small ball style.

spurschick
05-27-2006, 02:49 PM
Two summers ago, there was a chance that Manu was going somewhere else. I was ready to buy League Pass to watch him play, but I was still going to remain a Spurs fan. If you've been a fan for a while, you know that players come and go. You can watch them play elsewhere, but you can still bleed silver and black.

SpursWoman
05-27-2006, 02:51 PM

A truly disturbing fact .... :drunk :lol

Tonto
05-27-2006, 02:51 PM
tonto not understand pale face spur fan
rasho not sho in playoffs him not have game
tonto not proud of big corn fed pale face
coach pop trade pale face rah sho for case of bud light
make tonto happy

mouse
05-27-2006, 02:54 PM
If what you all say is true?
then how come none of you tree huggers still support Avery Johnson?

Melmart1
05-27-2006, 02:58 PM
17 responses and only one by an actual Slovenian? :lol

I hope more respond, I am actually quite curious about this myself.

Winston Wolf
05-27-2006, 03:04 PM
If it's true fans support their favorite player no matter where they play?
Then Chucky Brown must have a shit load of fans :lmao

Chucky Brown has been on eleven teams from 1989-2001, the most of any player.

ata
05-27-2006, 03:26 PM
I admit.
I follow NBA for years, I just haven't had team I really routed for. I always liked Spurs, since I admired Admiral. I remember him from world championship in Spain back in 1986, and I liked team play and Twin towers. I will not be very happy if Pop turns to small ball, but I will stay on the board, and I will route for Spurs, unless they will play against Rasho.
I always liked Rasho, more than any Slovenian player playing in NBA (Milič - does not play any more in NBA, Brezec, Vujačič, Udrih and Nachbar), so...

BTW: 2nd team I like are Bobcats.

ShoogarBear
05-27-2006, 03:32 PM
A truly disturbing fact .... :drunk :lol
I was going to ask if the FBI knew this as well, but from me that would sound mean, so I'm glad you stepped up to the plate.

angel_luv
05-27-2006, 03:35 PM
I was going to ask if the FBI knew this as well, but from me that would sound mean, so I'm glad you stepped up to the plate.

SW surprised me, I must say.

But that is okay. I can take you all. :angel

ata
05-27-2006, 03:40 PM
SW surprised me, I must say.

But that is okay. I can take you all. :angel

Damn! Cute, smart and fearless!

angel_luv
05-27-2006, 03:42 PM
Damn! Cute, smart and fearless!

:D

Hvala
I blush.

SequSpur
05-27-2006, 03:49 PM
We can only hope :D

mouse
05-27-2006, 03:50 PM
I stay true to the Mavs and did not support

Van Exel

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2005/12/19/2002692459.jpg

and

Finley

http://www.gocontinental.com/photos/ocean_b.jpg

when they left.

MannyIsGod
05-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Just like you stayed true to the Spurs.... Oh wait....

admiral50
05-27-2006, 06:24 PM
I am a spurs fan for at least 15 years.

I never liked Rasho. He is soft.

I like Beno.

Better for Rasho to go somewhere else. It is obvious that Pop is not counting on him. It is not about Nazr. None of them played.

Pero
05-28-2006, 04:15 AM
I root for every Slovenian player in the NBA and usually for the teams they play. If Rasho and Beno were traded I think I`d still root for the Spurs, but I wouldn`t root against Rasho and Beno. I`d defenitly still stay on this board which I think is great.

zeleni
05-28-2006, 06:25 AM
I will drop by once in a while just to point out how you held Rasho back. ;)

No, I think I would become Bobcats fan then.

p.s.
Rasho won't get traded.

Slo spurs fan
05-28-2006, 05:51 PM
I root for every Slovenian player in the NBA and usually for the teams they play. If Rasho and Beno were traded I think I`d still root for the Spurs, but I wouldn`t root against Rasho and Beno. I`d defenitly still stay on this board which I think is great.
I second that.