PDA

View Full Version : OGT: Heat vs Pistons - Game 3

theMUHMEshow
05-27-2006, 06:06 PM
Pistons should roll as long as Sheed has his head screwed on.

Pistons 93
Heat 89

Darrin
05-27-2006, 06:11 PM
There's a Vbookie for this already.

mavsfan1000
05-27-2006, 06:13 PM
Heat will win. The Pistons have no answer for Wade. The only team in the league that could make the Pistons defense look weak.

theMUHMEshow
05-27-2006, 06:20 PM
Heat will win. The Pistons have no answer for Wade. The only team in the league that could make the Pistons defense look weak.

Right...

spurschick
05-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Go Pistons!

Pistons < Spurs
05-27-2006, 07:11 PM
GO PISTONS !!!!

jochhejaam
05-27-2006, 07:38 PM
Pistons should roll as long as Sheed has his head screwed on.

Pistons 93
Heat 89
It's not screwed on so far. Sheed stood at half court while the rest of the team huddled during a time out and when Flip took him out and patted him on the rump later Rasheed looked like he was upset about that too.

Nocioni
05-27-2006, 07:54 PM
waaaaaaaaaaaa

Leetonidas
05-27-2006, 07:59 PM
Not good.

ALVAREZ6
05-27-2006, 08:18 PM
Are the Wallaces playing tonight????

Spurologist
05-27-2006, 08:22 PM
Wade is a fucking beast

Bob Lanier
05-27-2006, 08:22 PM
The Wallaces are playing well tonight.

Billups has rediscovered his shot and seems to have forgotten about everyone else on the floor. If it's not one thing, it's another with that egotistical asshole.

ABDENOUR POWER
05-27-2006, 08:27 PM

Huh? What game are you watching?

Pistons blow.

jochhejaam
05-27-2006, 08:29 PM

Not well enough. They've combined for 2 points on 0-5 fg's and 2-8 ft's.

ABDENOUR POWER
05-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Not well enough. They've combined for 2 points on 0-5 fg's and 2-8 ft's.

:lol

Spurologist
05-27-2006, 08:38 PM

Billups has rediscovered his shot and seems to have forgotten about everyone else on the floor. If it's not one thing, it's another with that egotistical asshole.

:lol Are you watching the 04 championship re-runs.

Bob Lanier
05-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Their defense and rebounding is fine. They're not getting meaningful touches on the other end. That's Chauncey's fault. Sheed gets Jason Williams switched on him and dives into the lane - Chauncey jacks up a jumper. Sheed gets angry - Chauncey dribbles around, calls for a high pick, and maybe if Sheed's lucky he'll get a bad pass before he's set and is forced to jack up a 3 before he falls out of bounds. Dice hits one of his whirlygig turnaround jumpers - never sees the ball again. Chauncey penetrates, and if he can't get his own shot off he'll fire it at an unsuspecting teammate. I can't blame the big men for the way the offense is running.

Now, neither Ben nor Sheed is hitting free throws, but that doesn't really matter. The post and help defense is adequate enough for me to say they're having a good game - at least relative to the rest of the roster aside from Hamilton and Delk. But any offensive flow the Pistons might have picked up in Game 2 has been ruined by Chauncey the Chucker.

Shank
05-27-2006, 08:41 PM
38 points at the half? The rest of the NBA is quaking in their AF1's.

jochhejaam
05-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Now, neither Ben nor Sheed is hitting free throws, but that doesn't really matter. The post and help defense is adequate enough for me to say they're having a good game - at least relative to the rest of the roster aside from Hamilton and Delk. But any offensive flow the Pistons might have picked up in Game 2 has been ruined by Chauncey the Chucker.
And 1 for Sheed to start the half and a steal by Ben leading to a basket, they're trying to bail you out Bob.

Actually you had a good take on Chauncey's first half performance, they all need to pick it up in the 2nd half.

Spurologist
05-27-2006, 08:50 PM
:lol Ben Wallace with pass interference. no flag on the play

jochhejaam
05-27-2006, 08:55 PM
Heat's hittin' 60% of their shots, hard to beat a team shootin' like that.

RON ARTEST
05-27-2006, 09:00 PM
god jason williams sucks on defense. :lol

Spurologist
05-27-2006, 09:02 PM
Heat's hittin' 60% of their shots, hard to beat a team shootin' like that.

The mavs come to mind when they played us. Now they are shitting up the court against the suns. :pctoss

ALVAREZ6
05-27-2006, 09:04 PM
WTF is going on with the Pistons????

Man, that Mavs series ruined a possible 3-peat opportunity for the Spurs. (yes, that means they will win it next year)

RON ARTEST
05-27-2006, 09:04 PM
The mavs come to mind when they played us. Now they are shitting up the court against the suns. :pctoss
yeah if i was a spurs fan i would be pissed. because i know the spurs would have MURDERED the suns.

RON ARTEST
05-27-2006, 09:06 PM
WTF is going on with the Pistons????

Man, that Mavs series ruined a possible 3-peat opportunity for the Spurs. (yes, that means they will win it next year)
the spurs wont win it next year if they dont get rid of thier old bench. and get some quicker guards that can hang with jason terry and devin harris.

J.T.
05-27-2006, 09:19 PM
the spurs wont win it next year if they dont get rid of thier old bench. and get some quicker guards that can hang with jason terry and devin harris.

Um, we were a defensive lapse away from beating the Mavs this year. Don't make it sound like the Mavs are now the ultimate Spurs stoppers or some crap like that. Yes, we need some new backup talents and a long 3, but the Mavs won't be a problem. I feel sorry for the league next year. Spurs in revenge mode won't be a pretty sight for fans of other teams.

Budkin
05-27-2006, 09:21 PM
So true.

ABDENOUR POWER
05-27-2006, 09:21 PM
Pistons are drawing closer, but I'm still sure they'll lose.

Spurologist
05-27-2006, 09:22 PM
The pistons are showing signs. This series might be going seven.

Spurologist
05-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Pistons are drawing closer, but I'm still sure they'll lose.

That's what I thought about the mavericks in game one. Then they delivered another late game special

http://www.buzzmachine.com/pix/choke.gif

RON ARTEST
05-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Um, we were a defensive lapse away from beating the Mavs this year. Don't make it sound like the Mavs are now the ultimate Spurs stoppers or some crap like that. Yes, we need some new backup talents and a long 3, but the Mavs won't be a problem. I feel sorry for the league next year. Spurs in revenge mode won't be a pretty sight for fans of other teams.
defensive lapse? the spurs cant matchup with the mavs period. why did pop go to smallball? because the spurs couldnt matchup thats why. if the spurs dont figure out what backup point guard they are gonna get to replace that waste of space nick van exel, and find out what they are gonna do with rasho and nazr and somehow get horry in shape then they wont be able to beat the mavs.

Budkin
05-27-2006, 09:24 PM
Man it's sad knowing what a chance we squandered to win it all by losing that game. :depressed I guess the Pistons would have played with the fire of revenge against us in the Finals but right now it looks like they don't really want it. What happened to them? They looked unbeatable in the regular season.

jochhejaam
05-27-2006, 09:25 PM
11-0 run to start the 4th!!

Budkin
NM, Here they come! Go Pistons!

RON ARTEST
Billups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABDENOUR POWER
Omg Chauncey Billups Is The Shit

CharlieMac
05-27-2006, 09:26 PM
Back to back Billups.

RON ARTEST
05-27-2006, 09:26 PM
Go Pistons Go!

RON ARTEST
05-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Omg Chauncey Billups Is The Shit
he is so great in the fourth quarter of games.

RON ARTEST
05-27-2006, 09:29 PM
these refs fucking suck!

CharlieMac
05-27-2006, 09:30 PM
McDyess got robbed. Wade didn't. Shocking.

RON ARTEST
05-27-2006, 09:33 PM
what the fuck is hubie always talking about alleys for?

RON ARTEST
05-27-2006, 09:34 PM
if the pistons dont get some stops its over.

Bob Lanier
05-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Dribble dribble dribble chuck.

ABDENOUR POWER
05-27-2006, 09:35 PM
.....and the Pistons go back to sucking.

Bob Lanier
05-27-2006, 09:40 PM
:lol at Flipper going to Hack-a-Shaq.

Spurologist
05-27-2006, 09:40 PM
.....and the Pistons go back to sucking.

:lol

ALVAREZ6
05-27-2006, 09:42 PM
Wtf.....

Spurologist
05-27-2006, 09:47 PM
Hack. A. Ben.

Spurologist
05-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Flip Saunders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ABDENOUR POWER
05-27-2006, 09:52 PM
So frusturating.

spurster
05-27-2006, 09:53 PM
Big win for the Heat. Big pressure on the Pistons for Game 4.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-27-2006, 09:55 PM
it was easy to see the Pistons wouldn't be able to handle the Heat, they had trouble with LBJ and his scrubs and now they got Wade who is nearly on the same level and they also have to face a dominant center...........

spurs_in_7
05-27-2006, 09:58 PM
like i said it...

THE PISTONS GOT EXPOSED

bdubya
05-27-2006, 09:59 PM
it was easy to see the Pistons wouldn't be able to handle the Heat,.........

Pffft. Save that crap for when the series is over, if you're still around. Props to the Heat for a good win tonight; great defense, especially in the post. Big credit to Wade, but most of all to Riley. Let's see if Flip has an answer....

FreshPrince22
05-27-2006, 10:02 PM
First Ben, now Sheed gets in Flip's face.

Bye bye, Flip. Hope you enjoy coaching in the D-League.

Bob Lanier
05-27-2006, 10:03 PM
Let's see if Flip has an answer....
:vomit:

E20
05-27-2006, 10:06 PM
God dammit. WTF is wrong with Detroit?

Spurologist
05-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Trust me people. There is something wrong in that pistons locker room.

CharlieMac
05-27-2006, 10:18 PM
The NBA is going to give America the Suns-Heat Finals matchup everyone wanted to see.

Last year.

FreshPrince22
05-27-2006, 10:23 PM
Trust me people. There is something wrong in that pistons locker room.

Yes, everyone but Chauncey hates Flip.

Extra Stout
05-27-2006, 10:26 PM
Man it's sad knowing what a chance we squandered to win it all by losing that game. :depressed I guess the Pistons would have played with the fire of revenge against us in the Finals but right now it looks like they don't really want it. What happened to them? They looked unbeatable in the regular season.
The Pistons during the regular season had enough self-discipline and leadership to coach themselves, and at 64-18, they did a heck of a job.

Come playoff time, however, game-to-game adjustments matter. Schemes matter. Game plans matter. Teams need a coach. Flip Saunders simply is not up to the task.

Detroit would be better off selecting a player-coach than continuing with Saunders. If they come back to win, it is in spite of him rather than because of him, not unlike Byron Scott during the Nets' two conference title runs (Scott has since improved tremendously in N.O./OKC).

Spurologist
05-27-2006, 10:30 PM
Yes, everyone but Chauncey hates Flip.

Did anyone see Sheed sitting at the scorer's table when the team was huddled during the timeout.

Also when Sheed was subbed, he said something like "come on, man" to Flip.

Bob Lanier
05-27-2006, 10:34 PM
If by "come on, man", you mean "Get off me, bitch", yes.

And I applaud him for it.

I can't believe that a single player in the locker room except for Chauncey "MVP" Billups and maybe Maurice Evans has the slightest respect for him as a coach.

Dunc
05-27-2006, 10:36 PM
I didn't see the game cuz I had to work. I recorded it, but I don't think I want to watch it.

Man, what the fuck has happened to us??

mavsfan1000
05-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Pistons getting outcoached badly.

Dunc
05-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Pistons getting outcoached badly.

No question about that. But the meltdown of the players.... always thought their maturity was their biggest edge, but you just get this feeling about them that something is slipping away. Other than just coaching, because it doesn't seem to be the only factor. I dunno. Maybe I'm reading way too far into things.

Dunc
05-27-2006, 10:47 PM
That said, I still think we win this series if we win game 4.

spurs_in_7
05-27-2006, 11:06 PM
don't spin it anymore...they're not that "great" or that "dominant", is just that the weak estern conference maked them look like the best team ever.

JamStone
05-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Miami is playing better than Detroit so far in this series.

Riley is coaching better than Flip.

Ultimately, it's still on the players. And, Tayshaun, Ben, and Rasheed all played poorly tonight. And, about half-way through the fourth quarter, the Pistons were only down one point, 74-73.

This team can play better. Flip can coach better.

They have to do it starting game 4, or it will be near impossible to come back.

Dunc
05-27-2006, 11:10 PM
don't spin it anymore...they're not that "great" or that "dominant", is just that the weak estern conference maked them look like the best team ever.

This isn't spin. This isn't the same team we've watched all year. Pistons fans everywhere will tell you that right now.

This is not to take anything from Miami. They've played well enough to win, and I think that if Miami played as well as they possibly could, they would have destroyed us all three games. If Miami wins this series, they deserve all the credit in the world for going out and getting it done. But I can't shake this feeling of astonishment over the fact that when it matters most, these guys now seem to be shrinking from the challenge.

JamStone
05-27-2006, 11:15 PM

25-5 against the Western Conference.

If anything, the Western Conference made the Pistons look great and dominant.

spurs_in_7
05-27-2006, 11:19 PM
This isn't spin. This isn't the same team we've watched all year. Pistons fans everywhere will tell you that right now.

This is not to take anything from Miami. They've played well enough to win, and I think that if Miami played as well as they possibly could, they would have destroyed us all three games. If Miami wins this series, they deserve all the credit in the world for going out and getting it done. But I can't shake this feeling of astonishment over the fact that when it matters most, these guys now seem to be shrinking from the challenge.

all year or first half of the year?, that was just a 1st half seasson hot streak IMO.

Dunc
05-27-2006, 11:22 PM
all year or first half of the year?, that was just a 1st half seasson hot streak IMO.

All year. The way they're playing right now is completely unfamiliar to me.

spurs_in_7
05-27-2006, 11:23 PM
25-5 against the Western Conference.

If anything, the Western Conference made the Pistons look great and dominant.

you're right but, i don't buy it

Dunc
05-27-2006, 11:24 PM
you're right but, i don't buy it

The ball may lie, but the numbers don't.

ForestBrain
05-28-2006, 12:06 AM
Flip S-U-C-K-S

DDS4
05-28-2006, 12:41 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but what is Flip doing or not doing that is pissing off the players?

JamStone
05-28-2006, 01:26 AM
Flip is not coaching smart with his play calls, with his substitutions, and with his time-outs. He is struggling right now, and he's coaching scared.

I just think it's been a growing problem throughout the season, and losing just makes things worse. In general, it appears many of the players don't respect Flip, including both Wallaces. And, when there is little to no respect combined with losing, things come to a head.

Even if the players had big problems with Flip but they were winning, you wouldn't hear much about it. It's the nature of the game. When you win, things are at least seemingly fine. When you lose, things are bad.

DDS4
05-28-2006, 01:39 AM
I'm guessin' why Sheed was pouting outside the timeout huddle is because Flip wasn't calling enough plays for him in the low block?

Dice said as much during the post game interview. Pistons were settling for too many jumpers.

atxrocker
05-28-2006, 03:08 AM
oh well. ever since detroit almost let the queen advance to the ecf i was hoping they would go down, thinking they wouldnt. what a pathetic effort. fuck it- a heat/suns finals would be fun anyways.

RON ARTEST
05-28-2006, 03:13 AM
fuck it- a heat/suns finals would be fun anyways.
very fun. can you imagine shaqs slow ass chasing around the suns? :lol

jochhejaam
05-28-2006, 07:37 AM
The Pistons during the regular season had enough self-discipline and leadership to coach themselves, and at 64-18, they did a heck of a job.
Come playoff time, however, game-to-game adjustments matter. Schemes matter. Game plans matter. Teams need a coach. Flip Saunders simply is not up to the task.
Stout, I don't believe the team could win a francihise best 64 games "coaching themselves", thats 10 more wins than they had under the highly regarded coaching skills of Larry Brown. There are possibly some problems with the attitudes of the players that's affecting the teams overall performance. IMO I think Chauncey may think he's superior to his teammates because of the MVP talk and that's affecting his game which in turn affects the whole team.

These perceived coaching and playing problems will be readily dismissed with a series win over the Heat in which I still give them a 50% chance of winning.

sickdsm
05-28-2006, 09:23 AM
Flip is not coaching smart with his play calls, with his substitutions, and with his time-outs. He is struggling right now, and he's coaching scared.

I just think it's been a growing problem throughout the season, and losing just makes things worse. In general, it appears many of the players don't respect Flip, including both Wallaces. And, when there is little to no respect combined with losing, things come to a head.

Even if the players had big problems with Flip but they were winning, you wouldn't hear much about it. It's the nature of the game. When you win, things are at least seemingly fine. When you lose, things are bad.

No one really listens to what you think about coaches or coaching since you've been so wrong about Flip before.

You thought Flip was leading the Pistons to the promised land when its been the otherway around. And no, it is NOT the nature of the game. Wolves have won a good number of games for years and i was smart enough to know that flip wasn't a good coach. Matter of fact i was very vocal about flip's problems but you chose not to listen. Don't lie and say you don't hear about it.

mike detroit
05-28-2006, 10:57 AM
I have no idea what happened because i didn't watch the game, it's festival weekend and that's one weekend a year where even the pistons get put into second place on my priorities list. Sounds like the Heat just plain beat us though, hoping for a better performance tommorow(though I probably will miss seeing that one as well)

JamStone
05-28-2006, 12:09 PM
No one really listens to what you think about coaches or coaching since you've been so wrong about Flip before.

You thought Flip was leading the Pistons to the promised land when its been the otherway around. And no, it is NOT the nature of the game. Wolves have won a good number of games for years and i was smart enough to know that flip wasn't a good coach. Matter of fact i was very vocal about flip's problems but you chose not to listen. Don't lie and say you don't hear about it.

Oh how you love to remember facts so inaccurately.

1. This summer, I wanted Larry Brown to come back as coach of the Pistons.

2. This summer, if Larry Brown was to not come back, I wanted Joe Dumars to hire Terry Porter as the next head coach.

3. When Flip was hired, I was more than willing to give him a chance to prove himself as a head coach.

4. I even stated that when Flip showed his inabilities to coach properly, Pistons fans would get on him.

Check my previous posts. Go ahead and look them up.

You're just pissed off because your precious T-Pups finally got rid of the coach you hate, and they STILL GOT WORSE.

If you check most Pistons fans opinions, including my own, it wasn't that we were diehard supporters of Flip. It was that we were willing to give him a chance to succeed with a better team.

I've said this over and over again, but the players make coaches look good, and it's the players that ultimately make a coach look bad.

sickdsm, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE go look at my old posts. Prove me wrong.

You're a bitter Minnesota Timberwolves fan who will never experience even coming close to winning the NBA title. Deal with that in a better manner than to bash other teams who have accomplished that.