PDA

View Full Version : Generic Fantasy Basketball Thread

Guru of Nothing
10-12-2004, 09:40 PM
Okay, I got all geeked up on the FSP Fantasy Football money league, and between LJ and Kori whippings, things are going pretty good. My NASCAR fantasy leagues are starting to wane (translation, I am out of the money) so I should have some time to hone my fantasy basketball over the next week or so, but, work is becoming a huge time-sink (think Sarbanes-Oxley).

Anyway, by appearances, we don't all compete against one another in fantasy basketball (I assume the Eastern Conference Experiment has run its course), SO, if y'all could, act like the huge resource that you are and please get me up to speed.

Who is rising? Who is sinking? Sleepers? .... and most importantly, who should I be looking for in rounds 5 through 9?

Specifically:

Yao Ming: Is he second round material?

Allen Iverson: Will he ever fall to me in the 3rd round?

Will Jalen Rose ever fall to me in the 10th round?

Should I get the #1 overall: Do I go homer, punk or West Coast Offense?

Will Eddy Curry amount to anything? Tyson Chandler?

Is Shawn Marion still a fantasy basketball stud? I like him, but it's hard to pull the trigger on him in the first round.

Who gets the Nancy Reagan "just say no" award? Al Harrington, Richard Jefferson, Desmond whatshisname on Milwaukee? MASON! Jason Terry?

Does Jason Terry now play for Dallas? I have not kept up well.

Is Matt Harpring healthy? Pat Garrity?

Will Dalembert explode this year? I think he will, but where do I reasonably reach for him. 3rd round/4th round.

Who will be overrated this year? Zach Randolph, Artest.

So many questions, so little time.

Please help.

timvp
10-12-2004, 09:58 PM
Yao Ming: Is he second round material?

He'll go in the first round. Too many people are high on him. Me? I'd pass unless for some miracle you can get him in the second round.

Allen Iverson: Will he ever fall to me in the 3rd round?

No. If someone doesn't take him in the first round, he won't fall out of the second.

Will Jalen Rose ever fall to me in the 10th round?

Probably not. If healthy, he's a good all-around player.

Should I get the #1 overall: Do I go homer, punk or West Coast Offense?

Garnett will probably put up the best overall stats.

Will Eddy Curry amount to anything? Tyson Chandler?

If Eddy Curry doesn't sign his extension before the season, he'll have a monster year. He is in shape and he has an agent team around him telling him that if he plays well, the max is in his future.

Chandler's back is bad and the Bulls are trying to trade him. He's a later round risk.

Is Shawn Marion still a fantasy basketball stud? I like him, but it's hard to pull the trigger on him in the first round.

Good question. The addition of Q will probably hurt his stats a little bit. Still a solid second round pick.

Who gets the Nancy Reagan "just say no" award? Al Harrington, Richard Jefferson, Desmond whatshisname on Milwaukee? MASON! Jason Terry?

Harrington and Jefferson get a YES in my book. Mason and Terry a NO. Other NO's: anybody in the 2004 draft class.

Does Jason Terry now play for Dallas? I have not kept up well.

Good guess.

Is Matt Harpring healthy? Pat Garrity?

Good question. I think Harpring is healthy. I'm not sure about Garrity.

Will Dalembert explode this year? I think he will, but where do I reasonably reach for him. 3rd round/4th round.

He might. I wouldn't bet on it though.

Who will be overrated this year? Zach Randolph, Artest.

Zach Randolph will be a stud. Artest might be a risk if you pick him too early and he melts down.

:smokin