PDA

View Full Version : p.j brown

kobyz
05-28-2006, 10:02 AM
what about him? i think he can help us ' he say that he want to be on candidater team, and we can make a trade for him... we have barry, nazr and rasho that can be atrade for him

METALMiKE
05-28-2006, 10:05 AM
too ugly :lmao

boutons_
05-28-2006, 10:22 AM
The Spurs were interested in PJ a couple years ago, but, as a big, he shoots 80% FTs, not Spurs material.

His big advantage is that he's 37 years old, and Spurs love old, cheap, run-down, achy-breaky players, thinking that how they played 5 years ago is how they will play like that now for the Spurs. :lol

As a rebounder and defender, he WAS great. Maybe he's now still better than Rasho and Nazr.

polandprzem
05-28-2006, 10:28 AM
What about Allan Houston?

ducks
05-28-2006, 10:30 AM
the advantage of him is he has one year left on his contract
if pj demands he wants traded to a title contender o(which he said was 50-50)
it buys time for the spurs to bring their bigs over and if they do not work out they have pj to fall back on.
also it gets them out of rasho long term deal

TDMVPDPOY
05-28-2006, 11:10 AM
pj brown has expirin contract next season

strangeweather
05-28-2006, 12:57 PM
PJ for Rasho works under the cap and would potentially be a good way to get Rasho's salary off the books after a year. I'm not sure what we'd have to wrap the deal with to get the Hornets to take on Rasho, however.

Texas_Ranger
05-28-2006, 01:09 PM
P.J.?
Perhaps it would be good to have him in our team. I woul say trade Nazr for him.

loveforthegame
05-28-2006, 01:11 PM
PJ for Rasho works under the cap and would potentially be a good way to get Rasho's salary off the books after a year. I'm not sure what we'd have to wrap the deal with to get the Hornets to take on Rasho, however.

I've been fooling around with this on the realgm trade checker. I came up with Rasho/Barry/Udrih for Brown/Smith/Macijauskas. I started thinking more about it and I couldn't see why NO would do this.

I'm trying to get my off season plan down to post in the other thread. I think a more realistic scenerio is keeping Rasho (or not be included in this trade) and trading Barry/Oberto/Udrih for Brown/Smith.

ZStomp
05-28-2006, 02:40 PM
What the hell is a candidater?

RON ARTEST
05-28-2006, 03:43 PM
another old guy? :lmao

SenorSpur
05-28-2006, 04:06 PM

Another in a long line of older veterans. Enough already. No sense continuing down this road again. The Spurs need an infusion of quickness and athleticism.

exstatic
05-28-2006, 04:20 PM
PJ is the only player over 30 that I would entertain as a Spur next year. He's got good size, good rebounding and shotblocking ability, and a mean streak. He would knock Bonzi Wells or Ron Artest on their asses without a second thought. After all, he played on the Riley/'Zo/Bowen Heat, you know the REAL Heat teams.

If they'll take an existing contract, say Rasho, then I say OK. No sign and trade for Nazr bloating our payroll, though.

strangeweather
05-28-2006, 06:18 PM

As an expiring contract to clear cap, we could do worse -- heck, he can still play some, which beats a lot of deals like that.

Spurologist
05-28-2006, 06:41 PM
I would have loved this possibility five years ago. Brown is seriously declining. Bring in the youth movement.

ducks
05-28-2006, 06:49 PM
pj would be nice if spurs brought in scola and they guy that in the wreck in bike
just incase they do not work out

spurs would mostlikly trade rasho for him and not resign nazr

exstatic
05-28-2006, 06:59 PM
PJ needs his minutes managed. He was overused in NO/OKC last year. He's good for 20-25 per contest, probably off the bench. If you can deal Rasho for him, and pair him with Javtokas, you have VASTLY improved over the Nazr/Rasho tandem.

ChumpDumper
05-28-2006, 07:01 PM
Does anyone think Byron Scott would want Rasho?

Wu banga
05-28-2006, 07:02 PM
You guys don't need p.j., if pop plays duncan against centers like avery does dirk to keep them out of foul trouble, then you guys need a center who can play powerfowards. P.j. is gettin a little too old for that type of responsiblilty.

Wu banga
05-28-2006, 07:03 PM
How did that guy do that you all drafted in the first round last year? He was a center wasn't he.

ducks
05-28-2006, 07:04 PM
Does anyone think Byron Scott would want Rasho?

it alll might boiling down to pj demanding out
he said 50-50 he will demand out and go to a title contender

strangeweather
05-28-2006, 07:10 PM
How did that guy do that you all drafted in the first round last year? He was a center wasn't he.

Mahinmi is still a top center prospect -- but he's really young. He has a year or two ahead of him in Europe still.

exstatic
05-28-2006, 07:29 PM
Mahinmi is 19.

intlspurshk
05-28-2006, 09:37 PM
No one want Rasho and his contract and I doubted NO will take him even if we sweaten the deal with Scola.

But getting PJ will be great as it open cap room for the year after next season and then SPURS may be able to compete for Kristic or some other centers (I guess he will become FA then, correct me if I am wrong)

exstatic
05-28-2006, 09:47 PM
No one want Rasho and his contract and I doubted NO will take him even if we sweaten the deal with Scola.

But getting PJ will be great as it open cap room for the year after next season and then SPURS may be able to compete for Kristic or some other centers (I guess he will become FA then, correct me if I am wrong)

Uh, supposedly, they had offers for him last summer. If he wants out, perhaps he can reach an agreement with a potential suitor to invoke his player option for '08 and void the last year, which would make his contract only two years long. There are a LOT worse contracts out there.

timvp
05-29-2006, 12:10 AM
PJ would be a pretty good bench player but he's too slow and too old to start next year.

MannyIsGod
05-29-2006, 12:18 AM
It doesn't matter, no way to get him. Why don't we start a thread about getting other iposible players too!