PDA

View Full Version : Finley technical rescinded

ShoogarBear
05-28-2006, 02:11 PM
Hadn't seen this posted anywhere before. No, it doesn't mean the Spurs would have won Game 4, but it's still interesting.

Harm, but no foul
Fresh from the Too Little, Too Late Dept. comes word that the NBA rescinded the technical foul against San Antonio's Michael Finley in the second quarter of Game 4 in Dallas. Finley was called for a technical with 4:44 remaining in the half, and it appeared to be borderline at best. ``You can imagine what I wanted to say when I heard that," said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who found out about the decision Thursday. ``Does that mean we win the game by 1 point?" Game 4, which was played May 15, went into overtime, and the Mavericks prevailed, 123-118, so the technical was huge. (Dirk Nowitzki made the free throw.) For Finley, it means he won't have to fork over $1,000 to the league. For the Spurs, it means yet another tough break in a series they just as easily could have won.
Link (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2006/05/28/nowitzki_was_driving_force/?page=3)

FromWayDowntown
05-28-2006, 02:15 PM
Sweet!!

Next Thursday, the league will announce that Duncan was set and outside of the restricted area and that Nowitzki should have been called for a charge in that same game.

td4mvp21
05-28-2006, 02:31 PM
This league gets more stupid by the day.

MannyIsGod
05-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Man, why? WHY? I fucking hate the NBA.

ZStomp
05-28-2006, 02:39 PM
Yay.

Brutalis
05-28-2006, 02:42 PM
Set-up.

DDS4
05-28-2006, 03:39 PM
I hope this sad joke gives the Spurs a chip on their shoulder next year.

spurschick
05-28-2006, 04:06 PM
Wonderful. That makes me feel so much better. :shootme

exstatic
05-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Fuck you, David Stern.

J.T.
05-28-2006, 04:14 PM
They should announce that the Mavericks are disqualified and starting Tuesday the Spurs and Suns will begin a Best of 5 Western Conference Final.

Fuck you Stern.

J.T.
05-28-2006, 04:19 PM
They should announce that the Mavericks are disqualified and starting Tuesday the Spurs and Suns will begin a Best of 5 Western Conference Final.

Realistically that won't happen, so the League should call a bunch of shit in Phoenix's favor to stop the Mavs from advancing. This seriously pisses me off, if they're going to reverse that technical, reverse the outcome of the game as well.

If the Mavericks win the title this year, it gets a big fucking star next to it.

bonesinaz
05-28-2006, 04:24 PM
I hope Phoenix scores 140 and kills Dallas.

J.T.
05-28-2006, 04:26 PM
Phoenix should be +50 in FTM for every game throughout the rest of the series.

FromWayDowntown
05-28-2006, 04:33 PM
It happens. Bad calls happen. Even with what is now admittedly a bogus technical, the Spurs had a chance to win that game. They didn't. It's frustrating, but it happens. Build from it and move on.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-28-2006, 04:42 PM
Realistically that won't happen, so the League should call a bunch of shit in Phoenix's favor to stop the Mavs from advancing. This seriously pisses me off, if they're going to reverse that technical, reverse the outcome of the game as well.

If the Mavericks win the title this year, it gets a big fucking star next to it.
How is that remotely fair? The only reason this was disclosed is because technicals have an automatic fine that's associated with them, so rescinding the technical is a fair way of not fining the player. There would be dozens of fouls called and not called during the series, going both ways, that would be rescinded or reassessed if personal fouls had a similar fine attached to them, so to act like this was the only bad call that affected the game (or the series) is silly.

Drbio
05-28-2006, 04:47 PM
It's a shame that some in this thread don't realize how ridiculous they sound.

http://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/docs/2005/113-2/crybaby.jpg

exstatic
05-28-2006, 04:49 PM
It's a shame that some in this thread don't realize how ridiculous they sound.

http://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/docs/2005/113-2/crybaby.jpg
Feel free to leave this SPURS forum if it distresses you. One point was huge in 6 of 7 games, Mavtrash.

Drbio
05-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Cry me a river.....whining becomes you.

ChumpDumper
05-28-2006, 04:54 PM
It's a shame that some in this thread don't realize how ridiculous they sound.Yeah, they sound like Mav fans the last four seasons.

Drbio
05-28-2006, 04:55 PM
ba-zing!
:lol

But today they are whiny biotches.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2006, 05:16 PM
What's so whiny about pointing out a technical FT (one point) would have made all the difference in the world in a game that was tied at the end of regulation and won by the Mavs in OT?

Don't tell me you're that stupid.

picnroll
05-28-2006, 05:20 PM
It was the bogus delay of game call that screwed the Spurs.

DirkAB
05-28-2006, 05:23 PM
What's so whiny about pointing out a technical FT (one point) would have made all the difference in the world in a game that was tied at the end of regulation and won by the Mavs in OT?

Do you think that the Spurs may have benefitted from any bad calls in that game as well? Some of you fucking people act like the Spurs have never fucking benefitted from bad calls! Christ, the Spurs have probably benifitted from more bad calls in the past 3 years than any other team in the NBA, so fucking get over it already! You lost! Game over!

Drbio
05-28-2006, 05:26 PM

Don't tell me that you are so stupid that you do not realize that many of these morons are only whining like little girls because they lost. Please don't tell me that you are so stupid that you can't see this is yet another lame excuse. I am very impressed by the majority of posters here who understand the game and refuse to make lame excuses. I guess that will not include you.

FromWayDowntown
05-28-2006, 05:30 PM
Don't tell me that you are so stupid that you do not realize that many of these morons are only whining like little girls because they lost. Please don't tell me that you are so stupid that you can't see this is yet another lame excuse. I am very impressed by the majority of posters here who understand the game and refuse to make lame excuses. I guess that will not include you.

I don't think that lamenting what might have happened had the call been made correctly is necessarily whining. It gets cast that way as a simplistic way of dismissing posts, but it's something different, IMO. It's legitimate to say that the call was harmful to the Spurs -- it gave the Mavericks a chance to score an extra point in a series that was decided by a microscopic margin -- and the Spurs ended up losing the game in OT.

Would it have made a difference in the run of the game if Bavetta had actually paid attention to that play and not simply reacted to Dirk's flop? Maybe. Can Spurs fans be somewhat upset that our team's season could have turned on a call that the NBA has acknowledged was wrong? I think so. Does thinking that diminish what the Mavericks did in beating the Spurs? I don't think so.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2006, 05:36 PM
Do you think that the Spurs may have benefitted from any bad calls in that game as well? Some of you fucking people act like the Spurs have never fucking benefitted from bad calls!

Some of you fucking idiot Mavs fans in this thread are acting like that one point wouldn't have made a difference.

Fine, howabout Dirk running over Tim in the same game and getting the call, or Dirk throwing his shoulder into Bowen three times and getting a foul on Bruce the fourth time?

Kinda fun to play what if, huh?

No one's whining here that I see, just saying "damn, what if."

If that bothers you, frankly the only response I have to that is fuck off.

Drbio
05-28-2006, 05:36 PM
You make a good point if the intent is to talk about game changes (which was not the intent here imho). It would certainly have affected the game had that call not been made. I think you mischaracterize a Dirk flop but that is another point. My point above originally was that it was unfortunate that some Spurs fans didn't realize how silly they were sounding. I've encountered much better than that from most fans here.

FromWayDowntown
05-28-2006, 05:41 PM
You make a good point if the intent is to talk about game changes (which was not the intent here imho). It would certainly have affected the game had that call not been made. I think you mischaracterize a Dirk flop but that is another point. My point above originally was that it was unfortunate that some Spurs fans didn't realize how silly they were sounding. I've encountered much better than that from most fans here.

I think the original intent of the thread was to alert all to the fact that the NBA had admitted its official made a mistake and shouldn't have done what he did. Does that change the flow of that game? Probably -- at least in some way. Can we wonder what would have happened if that call had never been made? I think so; and I think we can without being whiners.

You and I can discuss the awards for which Dirk's performance in that instance made him eligible in another context.

And I'd agree with you that some here have been ridiculous in their reactions to this news.

But simply acknowledging the what ifs of Bavetta handling that situation correctly doesn't strike me as whining unless the listener comes in here to grind that ax and is looking for any reason to do so.

DirkAB
05-28-2006, 05:47 PM
Some of you fucking idiot Mavs fans in this thread are acting like that one point wouldn't have made a difference.

Fine, howabout Dirk running over Tim in the same game and getting the call, or Dirk throwing his shoulder into Bowen three times and getting a foul on Bruce the fourth time?

Kinda fun to play what if, huh?

No one's whining here that I see, just saying "damn, what if."

If that bothers you, frankly the only response I have to that is fuck off.

You just don't get. Here's a what if for you, what if you only picked out the bad calls against the Spurs? What if you weren't such a Homer and you realized that there were horrible calls on both ends of the court?

boutons_
05-28-2006, 05:50 PM
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when Ronny Nunn and his refs reviewed all tapes from the Spurs/Mavs series, because they would admit only among themselves how fuckedly poor the reffing was.

"What if" Tim had been hot from the line, rather than missing all 6 of the Spurs' missed FTs in a game tied in regulation.

But, the Spurs really, really didn't have their hearts pumped up and their shit together to play their best basketball all season.

Had they slipped past the Mavs, Manu making his Game7 drive and/or Tim making the putback and/or Manu not fouling Dirk, perhaps the Spurs would have focussed up enough to win all the way.

I'll never be made to believe that how they play in the season, esp the late season, has nothing to do with how they play in the playoffs. The fool's gold of 63W ignored, the Spurs just never impressed or overpowered last season. Failed so many tests, got blown out in so many big games.

It won't be any easier next year vs Mavs and Suns, will the Spurs play tougher?

Winnipeg_Spur
05-28-2006, 05:52 PM
I just want to know why Bavetta seems to be considered as one of the best officials in the league by the NBA. The guy is completely gutless, and his "performance" in game 7 (even though it benefitted the Spurs imo) just solidified that fact.

FromWayDowntown
05-28-2006, 05:54 PM
"What if" Tim had been hot from the line, rather than missing all 6 of the Spurs' missed FTs in a game tied in regulation.

But, the Spurs really, really didn't have their hearts pumped up and their shit together to play their best basketball all season.

And I think that's the point that most of us have made around here since at least Tuesday morning. Had Tim made FT's in Game 7, we're unconcerned with this issue. Had the Spurs been attentive to defensive rebounding or making smarter plays at various points in time, the issue is a footnote. The Mavericks did those things better and won.

I don't know that too many are discrediting the Mavericks win by pointing to this call. They're just venting some frustration. And it is frustrating to hear the league fess up to this mistake, coming on the heels of a series that was so extraordinarily tight.

I AM surprised, however, that so many Mavericks fans are hanging out here when the Mavericks are preparing to play Game 3 of the WCF. Were the tables reversed, I'm not sure there would be too many (though there surely would be some) Spurs fans taunting Mavericks fans.

Brutalis
05-28-2006, 05:57 PM
Mavs can't get over that they were handed a trip to the WCF by the officials.

Drbio
05-28-2006, 06:13 PM
I just want to know why Bavetta seems to be considered as one of the best officials in the league by the NBA. The guy is completely gutless, and his "performance" in game 7 (even though it benefitted the Spurs imo) just solidified that fact.
I don't know a lot of fans from any team that like Bavetta. He is awful personified.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2006, 06:32 PM
You just don't get. Here's a what if for you, what if you only picked out the bad calls against the Spurs? What if you weren't such a Homer and you realized that there were horrible calls on both ends of the court?

You just don't get it. This is a Spurs site. Hence, we're going to talk about situations where we got screwed. If you weren't such a dumbfuck, you'd get it.

By the way, I work in Plano at a company of over 200 people, where only myself and 3 other guys are Spurs fans.

There wasn't a person in that building that didn't admit (some begrudgingly) the two calls Dirk got at the end of game 4 were bullshit. My boss has 3rd row season tickets and his first comments to me were that we got screwed.

I guess he's a Spurs homer too, what with having season tickets for the last 11 seasons and all. :lol

If you can't deal with Spurs fans looking at what happened to the Spurs through silver and black glasses, then fucking scroll or go back to mavstalk.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-28-2006, 06:35 PM
I don't know a lot of fans from any team that like Bavetta. He is awful personified.
Yeah, that seems to be one of the few things that almost all fans can agree on, yet the NBA itself seems to disagree, I just don't get it. They supposedly do a really thorough job of evaluating the officials, but I can't imagine how you could watch a bunch of Dick's games and not come away thinking he's a terrible ref. Yet this guy is one of their "go-to-guys" for big game 7's. Mystifying.

CharlieMac
05-28-2006, 06:35 PM
Wow. Talk about adding insult.......

Spurologist
05-28-2006, 06:40 PM
Mark Cuban was later seen on reply by Stu Jackson and his understudies having a chat with the refs before and after games. Stern's fine = Celebrity Death Match with Mark Cuban and you guessed..... gang raping gorillas.

SA Gunslinger
05-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Ronnie Nunn was on NBATV before game seven against Dallas and admitted the blocking foul called on TD in game four was a charge.

BigBinBigD
05-28-2006, 07:22 PM
When I mentioned that the Mavs' 5's were getting called for a foul in game 1 in the first quarter every trip down even though they were just standing there with their arms straight up, I was told to STFU, it was in the first quarter. Big deal, they said. Funny how ONE point in the second quarter of a game turns the series. :rolleyes

ChumpDumper
05-28-2006, 07:27 PM
As losers, we must complain about the refs.

It is our job now.

Drbio
05-28-2006, 07:29 PM
As losers, we must complain about the refs.

It is our job now.
:lmao :lmao :lmao

J.T.
05-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Funny how ONE point in the second quarter of a game turns the series. :rolleyes

Funny how that ONE point would've changed who won that game too.

Doc Jerome
05-28-2006, 07:30 PM
Give me a break. The game and series are history. Time is better served preparing for next season.

Perhaps in the offseason the NBA will hire new refs that can see; or impliment yet a 4th ref to attemt correcting calls from the sidelines using video from the arena's cameras/video feed with a 30 sec. time limit. If not, just keep playing ball.

Stay tuned, . . . :fro

exstatic
05-28-2006, 07:32 PM
When I mentioned that the Mavs' 5's were getting called for a foul in game 1 in the first quarter every trip down even though they were just standing there with their arms straight up, I was told to STFU, it was in the first quarter. Big deal, they said. Funny how ONE point in the second quarter of a game turns the series. :rolleyes
The difference is that your centers are fucking scrubs, and it really makes little difference in your game plan if they foul out. Call me when the refs deprive you of an All Star down the stretch in consecutive games.

DirkAB
05-28-2006, 07:54 PM
You just don't get it. This is a Spurs site. Hence, we're going to talk about situations where we got screwed. If you weren't such a dumbfuck, you'd get it.

By the way, I work in Plano at a company of over 200 people, where only myself and 3 other guys are Spurs fans.

There wasn't a person in that building that didn't admit (some begrudgingly) the two calls Dirk got at the end of game 4 were bullshit. My boss has 3rd row season tickets and his first comments to me were that we got screwed.

I guess he's a Spurs homer too, what with having season tickets for the last 11 seasons and all. :lol

If you can't deal with Spurs fans looking at what happened to the Spurs through silver and black glasses, then fucking scroll or go back to mavstalk.

So what, you hear what you want to hear, so I really don't care what you took away from your selective hearing at work. Did the unfair reffing bother you in the previous 3 seasons when the Spurs were getting the calls? Do you take that into consideration when you still celebrate your 2003 and 2005 championships?

Your Spurs got more calls in the last 3 fucking years than any other team, so boo fucking hoo if they didn't get all the calls this series, it's about time that the Spurs got a little taste of that medicine. Christ, by way that the Spurs acted on the court you would have never known that the reffing was any worse than usual, they fucking bitch like their little pussies are hurting every game, it doesn't matter if the officiating is perfect.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2006, 07:59 PM
Did the unfair reffing bother you in the previous 3 seasons when the Spurs were getting the calls?

When did we get those, exactly? The Spurs are the team that Stern would least like to have in the Finals, yet we made it there.

Christ, by way that the Spurs acted on the court you would have never known that the reffing was any worse than usual, they fucking bitch like their little pussies are hurting every game, it doesn't matter if the officiating is perfect.

Hey fag, Pop wasn't the one crying to the refs after game 1 in the press and getting 50 FTs in game 2 out of it.

As for crying on the court, no one on the Spurs has anything on Air Deutschmark and his merry band of Pubans.

BigBinBigD
05-28-2006, 08:04 PM
The difference is that your centers are fucking scrubs, and it really makes little difference in your game plan if they foul out. Call me when the refs deprive you of an All Star down the stretch in consecutive games.

All those free throws TD got from those ridiculous calls may have made a difference. But do we hear anybody saying the refs gave you that game?

Tim Duncan has never committed a foul in his life. Nor has Bruce Bowen.

ChumpDumper
05-28-2006, 08:05 PM
All those free throws TD got from those ridiculous calls may have made a difference. But do we hear anybody saying the refs gave you that game?I just did.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-28-2006, 08:08 PM
I don't know why Mavs fans come in here, tell us to stop whining about the officiating, and then proceed to start talking about how the Spurs got all the calls for the last 3 years. So whining about recent horrible officiating is somehow worse than harping on (imaginary) stuff that happened years ago. Makes perfect sense. :lol

DirkAB
05-28-2006, 08:09 PM
When did we get those, exactly? The Spurs are the team that Stern would least like to have in the Finals, yet we made it there.

Hey fag, Pop wasn't the one crying to the refs after game 1 in the press and getting 50 FTs in game 2 out of it.

As for crying on the court, no one on the Spurs has anything on Air Deutschmark and his merry band of Pubans.

You must watch a lot of X-Files. Oh yeah the conspiracy is on to keep the Spurs out of the finals! You are pathetic! Are you trying to say that the Spurs won those titles in spite of the officiating?

BTW, where do you think that Avery learned his little crying about the refs to the press trick?

Hey, I won't disagree that Dirk complains a lot, not in the least. But as an overall team, the Spurs bitch way more, it isn't even close.

FromWayDowntown
05-28-2006, 08:10 PM
I can't believe that Mavs fans are posting in this thread after 7:30 p.m. CDT on Sunday.

I'd be watching my team and not trolling in another team's forum, but that's just me.

BigBinBigD
05-28-2006, 08:12 PM
I just did.

Wrong, Dumpster. I said it MAY have made a difference. People on here say that a call here and there would have won the game for SA (even in blowout game 2) and they should have won the series but the refs wouldn't let them.

ChumpDumper
05-28-2006, 08:13 PM
:lmao

Sore winners would rather bitch about the refs than watch their own team in the WCF.

These Mavfans are nutjobs.

BigBinBigD
05-28-2006, 08:26 PM
:lmao

Sore winners would rather bitch about the refs than watch their own team in the WCF.

These Mavfans are nutjobs.

Are you not smart enough to be able to sit at the computer and watch a game at the same time? I didn't think so.

It's just that the moaning and bitching and sense of entitlement on here is pretty entertaining. "We're such victims!" :lol

ChumpDumper
05-28-2006, 08:29 PM
It's just that the moaning and bitching and sense of entitlement on here is pretty entertaining. "We're such victims!"Yes, we've heard it from Mavfans for years.

Even when they win they bitch about the refs. They can't stop. They'll pass it down to their offspring now if they ever leave their keyboards.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2006, 08:29 PM
:lol Did you just see your golden boy Dirk crying for an entire Phoenix possession because mean little Tim Thomas roofed him?

It's just that the moaning and bitching and sense of entitlement on here is pretty entertaining. "We're such victims!"

Kinda like you crying about the Spurs getting all the calls for three years and then saying we shouldn't complain. How does it feel to argue with yourself like that? :lmao

FromWayDowntown
05-28-2006, 08:30 PM
Are you not smart enough to be able to sit at the computer and watch a game at the same time? I didn't think so.

It's just that the moaning and bitching and sense of entitlement on here is pretty entertaining. "We're such victims!" :lol

I'm glad you're here to castigate us -- how ever would our behavior improve if we didn't have you to preach to us?!?!?!?!

And while the Mavs are playing a playoff game, no less!! We are truly, truly blessed.

I still can't believe that you're watching the Mavs (allegedly) while trolling in a Spurs forum, but to each his own, I guess.

Winnipeg_Spur
05-28-2006, 08:31 PM
:lol Did you just see your golden boy Dirk crying for an entire Phoenix possession because mean little Tim Thomas roofed him?
Del Harris was crying too. I'm guessing no one has ever accused him of being too good a coach to complain all the time tho. :lol

ShoogarBear
05-28-2006, 08:35 PM
I can't believe that Mavs fans are posting in this thread after 7:30 p.m. CDT on Sunday.

I'd be watching my team and not trolling in another team's forum, but that's just me.
Mav Fan's inferiority complex transcends actual basketball being played.

Plus, Alpha Pussy Cuban has taught them that being a fan means whining incessantly.

picnroll
05-28-2006, 08:44 PM

Kinda like you crying about the Spurs getting all the calls for three years and then saying we shouldn't complain. How does it feel to argue with yourself like that? :lmao
Dirk actually tries to go to the paint, gets bodied and immediately goes into menstrual cramping for five minutes.

Spurologist
05-28-2006, 08:50 PM
Did you just see your golden boy Dirk crying for an entire Phoenix possession because mean little Tim Thomas roofed him?

:lol Dirk was yelling at the ref saying "Don't you remember our fucking contract" If that was Kenyon/Artest/Sheed yelling, they'd be ejected.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-28-2006, 09:02 PM

I can't remember the last time I watched a walking vagina cry that long at an official and not get Ted up.

MissAllThat
05-28-2006, 09:15 PM
We've been getting all the calls for the last 3 years? Excuse me, did you Mavs fans just not watch basketball in 2004 at all. I mean I know the Spurs are good and all, but you guys obviously don't watch anything but your Mavs play. So please, do us all a favor, and stop commenting on other teams as if you actually know basketball.

spurs=bling
05-28-2006, 09:19 PM
yippie yippie yay :rolleyes

intlspurshk
05-28-2006, 09:32 PM
If Dallas lost because of one bad call, you would just be same moron crying like a baby. Every fan is just the same. Good luck with your team.

~Sweetmelody~
05-28-2006, 10:21 PM
*sigh*

Well, I feel soooo much better-NOT!

Drbio
05-28-2006, 10:33 PM
If Dallas lost because of one bad call, you would just be same moron crying like a baby. Every fan is just the same. Good luck with your team.
That is where you are dead wrong. Many fans have class and can lose with dignity. I know this is a foreign concept to you but several here did just that and they are why this site is such a good place. They win and lose with class. You could learn a lot from them.

But thank you for the good luck wishes. The Mavs and I appreciate it.

DirkAB
05-28-2006, 10:40 PM
We've been getting all the calls for the last 3 years? Excuse me, did you Mavs fans just not watch basketball in 2004 at all. I mean I know the Spurs are good and all, but you guys obviously don't watch anything but your Mavs play. So please, do us all a favor, and stop commenting on other teams as if you actually know basketball.

Anybody that can't admit that the Spurs have gotten a lot of calls in the last 3 years doesn't have a clue about NBA basketball. I watch at least 200 NBA games each season, so I have pleanty of basis for my comments.

I'm a Kings fan and I realize and can admit that the Kings got calls for 2 seasons, actually more calls than any other team but the Lakers. That was just the way it was, nothing to be ashamed of, because it's not like they paid the refs off anything like that, it was an obvious sign of respect from the officials. And during those 2 years that the Kings were getting the calls they did more complaining to the refs than ever, that was something they should have been ashamed of. As a fan I was ashamed of all the bitching my team was doing when they were obviously getting calls, and you should be ashamed of your teams bitching too. Apparently, it is just how it works in the league, you give them an inch and they want a mile.

In short, quit being such a homer. Your team has obviously gotten calls in recent years, deal with it, actually be happy about it.

Drbio
05-28-2006, 10:41 PM
BAkrid- are you a Mavs fan in Kings clothing? I have seen another poster with a similar name on Mavs boards. It also goes to the point of the question that your name could be reasonably broken down into:
BA=Bad Ass
krid = Dirk spelled backwards.

I agree that Dirk is a badass if this is the case.

Just curious. If not, what is the meaning of your username?

DirkAB
05-28-2006, 10:44 PM
BAkrid- are you a Mavs fan in Kings clothing? I have seen another poster with a similar name on Mavs boards. It also goes to the point of the question that your name could be reasonably broken down into:
BA=Bad Ass
krid = Dirk spelled backwards.

I agree that Dirk is a badass if this is the case.

Just curious. If not, what is the meaning of your username?

Wow, I can't believe that you came up with that, pretty close. My screen name is my First name and middle and last initials spelled backwards. DirkAB.

Buddy Holly
05-28-2006, 10:45 PM
Dallas = hella boring

If there fans are on here arguing like little bitches. Should you lame fucks be at a Suns forum or something?

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-28-2006, 10:46 PM
Wow, I can't believe that you came up with that, pretty close. My screen name is my First name and middle and last initials spelled backwards. DirkAB.

And on the internet I'm a doctor.

DirkAB
05-28-2006, 10:47 PM

Seriously, I'm a Kings fan, I'm even rooting for the Suns to make the Finals. Is it that hard to believe that a non-Mavs fan would make these observations? Because to me they seem so painfully obvious.

Drbio
05-28-2006, 10:48 PM
And on the internet I'm a doctor.
Obviously in proctology. :lol

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-28-2006, 10:51 PM

That's just fucking weak man.

DirkAB
05-28-2006, 10:53 PM

Yup, he can't say no to a man's harry ass.

Drbio
05-28-2006, 10:54 PM
That's just fucking weak man.
Not really. It was weak to you since you got pwned. Lighten up man....it's all in fun.

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-28-2006, 10:55 PM
Not really. It was weak to you since you got pwned. Lighten up man....it's all in fun.

proctology? that was a funny word when I was like five.

MissAllThat
05-28-2006, 11:01 PM
In short, quit being such a homer. Your team has obviously gotten calls in recent years, deal with it, actually be happy about it.

Did I say we never got ANY calls? No. I've found myself watching the games before and saying "oh crap, we traveled" or "stupid foul" only to follow it up with "wow, we got away with one there." I know we've gotten some calls in the past, but to say we got ALL OF THE CALLS for the past 3 YEARS is ridiculous. Its as if you're implying that our succes in 2 out of those 3 years had to do with those calls and thats just not true at all. Now the Lakers for several years have gotten almost all of the calls. This year, so have the Mavs. Its a well known fact that all-star players get the Jordan treatment to an extent. The super stars just get away with a little more than the unknown guys. I'm fine with that. That's not whats happening in this years playoffs. And please don't call me a homer, cuz I'm willing to throw out the whole spurs-mavs series in this argument. Let's take the Suns-Lakers series. There were dozens of complete BS calls in favor of the Lakers in that series, and aside from Kobe, no one on that team really deserves the Jordan treatment. Yes Phoenix did win that series, but it took them 7 games to defeat a team that was nowhere near as good as they were. Pull that same one-sided officiating in a series with say 2 60 win teams, and the story is a little different. Those 2 teams would be about equal playing wise, and that little ref help would probably determine the outcome.

Drbio
05-28-2006, 11:09 PM
proctology? that was a funny word when I was like five.
It will begin to mean a lot more to you again when you hit 35.

Spurologist
05-28-2006, 11:11 PM

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-28-2006, 11:15 PM

No it won't I eat right, and drink plenty of Water, which is the best thing to avoid Kidney stones, that shits scary

Kidney Stones=scarrier that butt problems

Old School Chic
05-28-2006, 11:19 PM
No it won't I eat right, and drink plenty of Water, which is the best thing to avoid Kidney stones, that shits scary

Kidney Stones=scarrier that butt problems

DirkAB
05-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Did I say we never got ANY calls? No. I've found myself watching the games before and saying "oh crap, we traveled" or "stupid foul" only to follow it up with "wow, we got away with one there." I know we've gotten some calls in the past, but to say we got ALL OF THE CALLS for the past 3 YEARS is ridiculous. Its as if you're implying that our succes in 2 out of those 3 years had to do with those calls and thats just not true at all. Now the Lakers for several years have gotten almost all of the calls. This year, so have the Mavs. Its a well known fact that all-star players get the Jordan treatment to an extent. The super stars just get away with a little more than the unknown guys. I'm fine with that. That's not whats happening in this years playoffs. And please don't call me a homer, cuz I'm willing to throw out the whole spurs-mavs series in this argument.

Hold up, so you are saying that the Spurs only got some calls? Well, if you weren't so biased you would be able to see and admit that they have gotten more calls than any other team in the last three years.

You're too worried about it taking away from the titles that they won if you admit it, well every team that has won a title has had some help from the officials. Now, I'm not saying that the Spurs got as many calls as the Lakers did 2000-2002, but really what does that matter when you are getting more calls than any other team in the league, from 2003-2006? Too bad for you that those calls ran out before the second round of the playoffs.

Really I'm not trying to take away the Spurs rings or say that they don't deserve them, because if I did it to them I would have to do the same thing to all championship teams. Jordan's Bulls got a ton of calls, but that doesn't mean that they weren't great or deserve to be champions, I just think people need to get real and admit how things really are. Spurs have gotten a ton of calls in the last 3 years, just admit it.

MissAllThat
05-28-2006, 11:28 PM
you are getting more calls than any other team in the league, from 2003-2006?

Do you even watch Kobe and the Lakers play or Lebron and the Cavs? Lebron gets more calls than any other player in the league aside from maybe Kobe, and since he's gotten to Cleveland, i'd say the Cavs are getting more calls than any other team in the league. I admitted the Spurs get calls, but to say that they have gotten more calls than any other team in the league for the past 3 years is just bogus, especially if you're including this year (2006) in that mix. The only way this could be true is if the only reason they won their first 40 or so games this season was fully do to the refs and them getting more calls than every other team in the league. I'll admit i didn't watch most of first half maybe even 3/4 of the season. All in all, not including playoffs, I probably watched them play maybe 25 games, and that might be stretching it. However, the other 2 years in question, I watched most, if not every, game, and I just didn't see that happening. We're the same team that had .4 happen to us. How on earth could we have been getting more calls than any team in the league and have such an atrocity occur against our team? Do we get some calls? Yes. Do we get more calls in our favor than a team like the Grizzlies or the Bobcats? Yes. Have we gotten more calls than any other team in the past 3 years? No, unless of course the only reason we won so many games this year was because the games were given to us, and as far as I know, from replays and online stories, thats not the case.

DirkAB
05-28-2006, 11:44 PM
Do you even watch Kobe and the Lakers play or Lebron and the Cavs? Lebron gets more calls than any other player in the league aside from maybe Kobe, and since he's gotten to Cleveland, i'd say the Cavs are getting more calls than any other team in the league. I admitted the Spurs get calls, but to say that they have gotten more calls than any other team in the league for the past 3 years is just bogus, especially if you're including this year (2006) in that mix. The only way this could be true is if the only reason they won their first 40 or so games this season was fully do to the refs and them getting more calls than every other team in the league. I'll admit i didn't watch most of first half maybe even 3/4 of the season. All in all, not including playoffs, I probably watched them play maybe 25 games, and that might be stretching it. However, the other 2 years in question, I watched most, if not every, game, and I just didn't see that happening. We're the same team that had .4 happen to us. How on earth could we have been getting more calls than any team in the league and have such an atrocity occur against our team? Do we get some calls? Yes. Do we get more calls in our favor than a team like the Grizzlies or the Bobcats? Yes. Have we gotten more calls than any other team in the past 3 years? No, unless of course the only reason we won so many games this year was because the games were given to us, and as far as I know, from replays and online stories, thats not the case.

I'm not talking about what individual players get the most calls or get away with the most stuff, I'm talking about what team as a whole gets the most calls. Yes, Kobe and LeBron get a ton of calls, but the Lakers and the Cavs get nowhere near the calls that the Spurs do.

You're a Spurs fan and you didn't watch the first 3/4 of the season? I'm absolutely speechless, I don't even know what to say to you about that. I'm a Kings fan and I very well could have watched more Spurs games this year than you! That's kind of sad.

The Spurs got calls all regular season long and through the first round, but the 3 years of calls came to a halt in the second round against the Mavs. I don't think that all the calls went the Mavs way, but they probably did get the better of the officiating, especially considering that they were the road team. This is the first time the Mavs have ever had this advantage in the playoffs, the same advantage that your team has enjoyed for so many games.

MissAllThat
05-29-2006, 12:38 AM
You're a Spurs fan and you didn't watch the first 3/4 of the season? I'm absolutely speechless, I don't even know what to say to you about that. I'm a Kings fan and I very well could have watched more Spurs games this year than you! That's kind of sad.

I knew I was gonna hear it for that, and I watched every game I possibly could. It just so happens that I was busy with classes and school and other things several times during the season. I'm a huge UNC/Texas basketball fan, and despite going to the University of Texas, I wasn't able to go to many of the home games we had. It absolutely killed me all semester to be in a 3 hour history class and not at the game or not watching the games on TV. I would have loved to have gone, but I'm actually trying to graduate soon and then go to law school. Not to mention, despite what Mark Cuban says, we don't get a ton of Spurs games in Austin. I got the ones on FoxSports, TNT, ESPN, and ABC and maybe an occasional one on the WB, but those were random. I did watch the Spurs whenever possible, even post-poning going out when the Spurs played those lovely 9:30 games on Friday and Saturday nights. You probably did watch more games than I did. I wouldn't be surprised. This is the first year I've seen this few games, but I did try to keep track view ESPNews/Sportscenter highlights and online stats/articles. I still followed the team. I just couldn't watch the games. Oh and did I mention we had a nice little flood in our building in November and didn't have cable at all for like a month because the cable company couldn't figure out how to fix it? It just wasn't a good year for me and the spurs. I'm not one of those fans that just shows up around playoff time. It just so happens that this year that was around the time my semester was coming to a close and I was able to finally sit down and watch some games.

The Spurs got calls all regular season long and through the first round, but the 3 years of calls came to a halt in the second round against the Mavs. I don't think that all the calls went the Mavs way, but they probably did get the better of the officiating, especially considering that they were the road team. This is the first time the Mavs have ever had this advantage in the playoffs, the same advantage that your team has enjoyed for so many games.

This isn't the first time the Mavs have ever had an advantage in the playoffs. See 2003 game 1 vs. Spurs. They shot over 50 free throws. That game was crap too. The Spurs have gotten some calls in the past. I've admitted that, and yes they've probably gotten more calls than the crappy teams, but they're about even as far as calls go with all of the other elite teams over the past 5 years, except for maybe the Pistons because they hardly ever get calls in their favor. We haven't had an unfair advantage in terms of calls for the past 3 years. The only reason I can see for this argument is that we won 2 titles, and yet its not true at all. It just didn't happen.

ducks
05-29-2006, 10:12 AM
Harm, but no foul
Fresh from the Too Little, Too Late Dept. comes word that the NBA rescinded the technical foul against San Antonio's Michael Finley in the second quarter of Game 4 in Dallas. Finley was called for a technical with 4:44 remaining in the half, and it appeared to be borderline at best. ``You can imagine what I wanted to say when I heard that," said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, who found out about the decision Thursday. ``Does that mean we win the game by 1 point?" Game 4, which was played May 15, went into overtime, and the Mavericks prevailed, 123-118, so the technical was huge. (Dirk Nowitzki made the free throw.) For Finley, it means he won't have to fork over $1,000 to the league. For the Spurs, it means yet another tough break in a series they just as easily could have won.
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2006/05/28/nowitzki_was_driving_force/?page=3

leemajors
05-29-2006, 10:21 AM
I'm not talking about what individual players get the most calls or get away with the most stuff, I'm talking about what team as a whole gets the most calls. Yes, Kobe and LeBron get a ton of calls, but the Lakers and the Cavs get nowhere near the calls that the Spurs do.

you blow all this wind about the spurs getting calls "all year long" and for "the last 3 years" but avoid being specific. the spurs do not get all the calls, despite what you think. so quit bullshitting until you can provide some proof for what you are talking about. anyone can sit there and say another team gets every call, it doesn't make it true. the spurs had 1,714 personal fouls called on them this year. their opponents had 1,709. one would think if they got every call all season the numbers would point to that disparity.

DirkAB
05-29-2006, 10:59 AM
you blow all this wind about the spurs getting calls "all year long" and for "the last 3 years" but avoid being specific. the spurs do not get all the calls, despite what you think. so quit bullshitting until you can provide some proof for what you are talking about. anyone can sit there and say another team gets every call, it doesn't make it true. the spurs had 1,714 personal fouls called on them this year. their opponents had 1,709. one would think if they got every call all season the numbers would point to that disparity.

What do you think I keep a fucking video log and a journal to document the Spurs? My own two eyes and unbiased opinion are all I need to see the obvious. Like I said earlier I watch at least 200 games a season and that is plenty of basis and proof for me to draw the conclusion that the Spurs have gotten favortism from the refs in recent history. I've already admitted that my team has also benefitted from the same favoritism for 2 straight seasons, so why can't you just admit that yours has benefitted from it?

The number of foul calls really means shit, how about watching the games and seeing the context of those calls. I could give shit about foul called on the Spurs when the Spurs are up by 15 points, how about when the game is tight and they are allowed to get more physical and aggressive than their opponents? The Spurs play great defense, but they are given more rope when it comes to getting after a team physically, especially when the game is on the line.

leemajors
05-29-2006, 11:24 AM
your opinion is not unbiased, that in iteself is a contradiction in terms. i don't think you need a video log and a journal, but speaking in general terms with no basis is retarded. i just don't happen to think that the spurs have received an overwhelming amount of beneficial calls just because they have been successful recently, and your posts contain nothing overwhelming to the contrary.

picnroll
05-29-2006, 11:29 AM
BAkriD using this year as an example, where did the Spurs players rank in terms of taking it to the basket and scoring in the paint? Where did the Spurs rank in terms of drawing fouls and going to the line? Where did the Spurs rank in terms of FT differential? Where does your theory rank on a stupidity scale, 1 being stupidest and 10 being smartest?

DirkAB
05-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Alright, then answer a couple of other questions for me.

Has the NBA shown a history of giving favortism to the majority of championship teams? Did Bird's Celics, Magic's Lakers, Daly's Pistons, Dream's Rockets, Jordan's Bulls, and Shaq's Lakers all recieve favortism from the refs? I don't think there is any doubt to the answer of that question.

Do you believe that the Spurs are 3 time champs without any help from the refs? Better yet, did they do it in spite of the refs? Has the officiating been fair and balanced in all the Spurs playoffs series until the Mavs this year?

Please tell me what your opinion is of the officiating in the Spurs playoff runs of recent history. Are there any series that stick out as poorly officiated? In either direction, doesn't matter.

Please, I would love to know your opinions on the NBA officiating.

ShoogarBear
05-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Harm, but no foul
http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2006/05/28/nowitzki_was_driving_force/?page=3

Thanks, ducks.

:huh

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Do you believe that the Spurs are 3 time champs without any help from the refs? Better yet, did they do it in spite of the refs? Has the officiating been fair and balanced in all the Spurs playoffs series until the Mavs this year?

Tell you what, show us where it hasn't been fair.

The Spurs got no love from the refs in 2003, hell they had to play 5 on 8 in the Lakers series that year to pull it out.

As for '05, the Spurs never got the benefit of shooting 50 FTs in a road game like the Mavs, and they sure didn't get the benefit of the calls in the Finals when Ben and 'Sheed were beating the shit out of Nazr and Duncan without a single foul call.

Fuck, we couldn't even guard Bonzi or Artest in round 1 this year without getting saddled with foul trouble.

Again, enumerate where you think the Spurs got all the calls, or shut the fuck up.

exstatic
05-29-2006, 12:07 PM
2005-2006
Spurs shot 1892 FTs
Opponents 1912 FTs

2005 2006
Mavs shot 2322 FTs with no credible post threat
Opponents 2162 FTs

Who gets the favorable calls again?

DirkAB
05-29-2006, 12:10 PM
Tell you what, show us where it hasn't been fair.

The Spurs got no love from the refs in 2003, hell they had to play 5 on 8 in the Lakers series that year to pull it out.

As for '05, the Spurs never got the benefit of shooting 50 FTs in a road game like the Mavs, and they sure didn't get the benefit of the calls in the Finals when Ben and 'Sheed were beating the shit out of Nazr and Duncan without a single foul call.

Fuck, we couldn't even guard Bonzi or Artest in round 1 this year without getting saddled with foul trouble.

Again, enumerate where you think the Spurs got all the calls, or shut the fuck up.

Exactly what I thought, some fucking idiot would step up with some bullshit about how the Spurs have been getting screwed by the officials. Obviously not the popular opinion around here, but there are definitely a few retards out there that believe that the refs have been fucking the Spurs. If you think that the Spurs have been getting screwed in recent years, you are in for a really rough ride. Believe me I know what it is like when your team stops getting the calls they used to, it will be really frustrating to you homers who already think that they are getting the shitty end of the stick. It appears the Spurs are not going to get the calls against other elite teams anymore, you will have a lot more of these threads to bitch about the officiating. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DirkAB
05-29-2006, 12:22 PM
2005-2006
Spurs shot 1892 FTs
Opponents 1912 FTs

2005 2006
Mavs shot 2322 FTs with no credible post threat
Opponents 2162 FTs

Who gets the favorable calls again?

So what, the Spurs also shot like 250 more 3-pointers. They take it to the basket less than the Mavs. Why do you think that Wade and Iverson get the line more than any other superstars in the league? Because they don't settle for the outside shot, they take it hard to the rack.

exstatic
05-29-2006, 12:29 PM
So what, the Spurs also shot like 250 more 3-pointers. They take it to the basket less than the Mavs. Why do you think that Wade and Iverson get the line more than any other superstars in the league? Because they don't settle for the outside shot, they take it hard to the rack.

Yeah, Ginobili and Parker never go into the lane. Same with that Duncan dude.

Let's see, 250 3 pointers is roughly 3 per game. That's 3 times that we don't drive that you do. So, that explains a FT discrepancy of 410 FTAs? That's 5 FTAs per contest.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Exactly what I thought, some fucking idiot would step up with some bullshit about how the Spurs have been getting screwed by the officials.

How is that any different than your bullshit about the Spurs getting all the calls and the Mavs getting screwed by the stripes?

Look in the mirror asswipe.

v2freak
05-29-2006, 12:45 PM

Word. AHF, we may not agree on the Malik Rose situation but I'm with you on this 100%

DirkAB
05-29-2006, 12:50 PM
Yeah, Ginobili and Parker never go into the lane. Same with that Duncan dude.

Let's see, 250 3 pointers is roughly 3 per game. That's 3 times that we don't drive that you do. So, that explains a FT discrepancy of 410 FTAs? That's 5 FTAs per contest.

The Spurs play an inside-out game a lot of the time, with at least 3 shooters around the arch. They aren't taking the ball to the hoop near as hard as the Mavs. So it isn't just the 3 per game, it's them swarming out around the arch creating the constant threat of a 3-pointer to keep the defenses honest on Duncan.

Mavs play more of a penetrate and kick out game, where the player goes strong to the basket and kicks to the perimeter for a shot or another drive. The Mavs have much more athletic players that are slashers, the Spurs have set-up shooters, see the difference?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-29-2006, 12:52 PM
The Spurs play an inside-out game a lot of the time, with at least 3 shooters around the arch. They aren't taking the ball to the hoop near as hard as the Mavs.

Considering points in the paint in our series with you guys was a wash, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this.

see the difference?

Yeah, you apparently have the IQ of a two year old.

DirkAB
05-29-2006, 12:56 PM
How is that any different than your bullshit about the Spurs getting all the calls and the Mavs getting screwed by the stripes?

Look in the mirror asswipe.

Look you fuckin' moron, never once did I say that the Mavs got screwed by the officials. Can't handle that I'm breaking up your little "we lost because of the refs party," so you have start making up things that I never said.

exstatic
05-29-2006, 12:57 PM
i love getting basketball analysis from people who don't know basketball
You're gettin awfully pissy these days. Take a Pamprin or scroll, bitch.

DampierAmGod
05-29-2006, 01:00 PM

For a call in THE FIRST HALF? Are you joking you fucking crybaby? :lol

Jesus H. Christ. Dallas was the better team, get over it. Pray your front office decides to sign some real free agents this summer and not more washed up over the hill veterans or you'll be watching us win the WCF next year too.

DirkAB
05-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Considering points in the paint in our series with you guys was a wash, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this.

Yeah, you apparently have the IQ of a two year old.

I'm not a Mavs fan, so if you're refering to points in the paint against the Mavs being a wash then that means nothing because the Spurs shot more FTs than the Mavs. Besides, I was refering to difference of 410 FTs shot over the reguar season, not what happened in the Mavs series. How about you follow the thread a little closer you dumb fuck? Instead of jumping with random insults and stats that have nothing to do with the what is being discussed.

td4mvp21
05-29-2006, 01:12 PM
What I don't get is all these fans who come in here and tell us how to act. It's a Spurs forum, and you act like its the end of the world when there are biased opinions to the Spurs.

nbascribe
05-29-2006, 01:14 PM
:depressed

forgot Finley even got the foul called.

&%$#@@@* DAVID STERN!

dbestpro
05-29-2006, 03:15 PM
Maverick zodiac sign. The year of the zebra.

FromWayDowntown
05-29-2006, 03:20 PM
For a call in THE FIRST HALF? Are you joking you fucking crybaby? :lol

Jesus H. Christ. Dallas was the better team, get over it. Pray your front office decides to sign some real free agents this summer and not more washed up over the hill veterans or you'll be watching us win the WCF next year too.

Dallas was marginally the better team and, certainly, one point in most games of that series would have made a big difference.

With that said, I think those who are claiming the Spurs lost because of that call are in a pretty small minority. The Mavericks made plays and the Spurs didn't. Did it hurt the Spurs to have an unwarranted technical foul assessed against them? Sure. Did it decide the series? No.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-29-2006, 03:49 PM
. Besides, I was refering to difference of 410 FTs shot over the reguar season, not what happened in the Mavs series. How about you follow the thread a little closer you dumb fuck?

The only dumb fuck here is you. You insisted that the Mavs shot more in the paint, which is why they shot more FTs against the Spurs.

I pointed out the points in the paint were a wash, which contradicts your dumb fuck statement about how our offenses differed.

Maybe Artest donkey punched you one too many times in the head the other night for you to get it.

DirkAB
05-29-2006, 04:03 PM
The only dumb fuck here is you. You insisted that the Mavs shot more in the paint, which is why they shot more FTs against the Spurs.

I pointed out the points in the paint were a wash, which contradicts your dumb fuck statement about how our offenses differed.

Maybe Artest donkey punched you one too many times in the head the other night for you to get it.

You are a fucking retard, can you even read? Go back to the begining and read the thread, twice so you don't fuck this up, again.

Listen closely, I said that the reason that the Mavs shot more FTs in the regular season was because they attack the basket more than the Spurs, OK? Sit for a minute and let that sink in retard.

I wouldn't insist on any reason why the Mavs shot more FTs against the Spurs, because they didn't! The Spurs shot more FTs in the series you fuckin' moron! Do you get it now? Probably not.

milkyway21
05-29-2006, 08:22 PM
:wtf ?????

ok, I'll forgive Stern for the "a little bit too late" decision on this one:cuss I cross out 1 game.

I will make this one my sig to remind everyone that the 2006 WC Semis was actually a draw as of this time.

BTW, I don't about you but I never been so bored watching the WC finals :oops

I really miss the Spurs.

sribb43
05-29-2006, 10:32 PM
We handed you guys a Game 7 at home and couldnt finish the job, get over it. Spurs didnt come throught when it mattered the mavs did and thats why there still playing

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-29-2006, 11:06 PM
We handed you guys a Game 7 at home and couldnt finish the job, get over it. Spurs didnt come throught when it mattered the mavs did and thats why there still playing

Hey everyone let's thank the noob for his opinion.

Spurologist
05-29-2006, 11:09 PM

http://www.orlyowl.com/upload/files/noob.jpg

Let me introduce you to your room

http://jayis.net/images/noobsroom.jpg

Spurologist
05-29-2006, 11:11 PM
The spurs didn't bring it in GAME 7 and that was caused by tough shots by the mavs, pathetic coaching, and lack of execution. PERIOD.

Shank
05-29-2006, 11:23 PM
Technical Foul Butterfly Theory.

veronicamae
05-29-2006, 11:54 PM

Oh ok, so the Mavs lost games 5 & 6 on purpose to be nice to the Spurs and give them a Game 7 at home? Aww, what a bunch of effing sweethearts. :)

ChumpDumper
05-30-2006, 04:44 AM
I believe that by discussing the alternate timeline, we are influencing the alternate timeline.

It's Mavs in seven there,too.

LEONARD
05-30-2006, 07:26 AM

LMAO...unbelievable... :lol

I hope Phoenix scores 140 and kills Dallas.

Close... :lol

SPARKY
05-30-2006, 07:41 AM
A remorseful Stern? Hmmm...

Nah.

On a side note, Mavs fans must really have nothing else to do. And no sense of humor either ^.

1Parker1
05-30-2006, 08:04 AM
I know I'm a little late with this thread but:

Isn't this sort of like rubbing salt on a wound or something? Now fans will always be thinking WHAT IF......:pctoss

blaze89
05-30-2006, 08:14 AM
wow....I can feel better now. :rolleyes

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 08:32 AM
The NBA realizes their mistake for knocking the Spurs out to soon.

Even they know a Mavs/Heat Finals will suck.

:angel

Taco
05-30-2006, 08:46 AM
Fix

DirkAB
05-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Fix

Yeah, just like last years finals.

FromWayDowntown
05-30-2006, 11:06 AM
I do wonder, if the situation had somehow been reversed -- if there had been a phantom technical foul assessed against a Maverick in that situation and the Spurs had won the game -- whether Mavericks fans would still be as self-righteous as they've chosen to be with their newfound "no whining" policy.

It's purely hypothetical, but it's something to ponder.

ChumpDumper
05-30-2006, 11:06 AM
Mavfans have been whining about Stern and the refs and conspiracies ever since the bandwagon got its wheels. Now that they are actually winning, all of the sudden there never was anyone on the grassy knoll.

I am impressed by their shameless flip-flopping.

ShoogarBear
05-30-2006, 11:12 AM
I do wonder, if the situation had somehow been reversed -- if there had been a phantom technical foul assessed against a Maverick in that situation and the Spurs had won the game -- whether Mavericks fans would still be as self-righteous as they've chosen to be with their newfound "no whining" policy.

You're kidding, right?

The only thing to ponder is how none of the termites would be posting in here.

DirkAB
05-30-2006, 11:22 AM

Hypothetically, there would be some whinny Dallas bitches. So does that make it acceptable,respectable, and/or dignified for some of the Spurs fans to act like bleeding cunts? Seems to me that you would want to act like a fan of a champion, by accepting your defeat with grace and humility. Instead, look at all the undignified bitching and complaining going on in a number of these threads. I have seen a lot of credit given to the Mavs, for being the better team and beating you fair and square, but there is a pathetic minority around here that is very vocal and bitter in defeat.

FromWayDowntown
05-30-2006, 11:34 AM
Hypothetically, there would be some whinny Dallas bitches. So does that make it acceptable,respectable, and/or dignified for some of the Spurs fans to act like bleeding cunts? Seems to me that you would want to act like a fan of a champion, by accepting your defeat with grace and humility. Instead, look at all the undignified bitching and complaining going on in a number of these threads. I have seen a lot of credit given to the Mavs, for being the better team and beating you fair and square, but there is a pathetic minority around here that is very vocal and bitter in defeat.

And I've been among those giving the Mavs credit. They deserve it.

But, with the sudden spread of sanctimonious preaching about how fans should deal with complaints about officiating from the group of posters formerly known as whiny Dallas bitches, I think the question is a fair one, even if posed sarcastically.

Were the tables reversed, I'm sure that there would be a "very vocal and bitter" cadre of Mavericks fans who would be resorting to the old tricks like labelling championships with asterisks and other such nonsense -- in the past, a prevalent effort among many Mavericks fans who've bothered to post here.

It all depends, after all, on whose ox is being gored, right? It always has in the past. (or after Game 1 or Game 6).

picnroll
05-30-2006, 11:37 AM
How many bleeding cunt Sacramento fans were there in 2002? Or should I ask how many bleeding cunt Sacramento fans weren't there?

ambchang
05-30-2006, 11:37 AM
Have they rescinded that phantom foul on Bowen too?

DirkAB
05-30-2006, 11:42 AM
And I've been among those giving the Mavs credit. They deserve it.

But, with the sudden spread of sanctimonious preaching about how fans should deal with complaints about officiating from the group of posters formerly known as whiny Dallas bitches, I think the question is a fair one, even if posed sarcastically.

Were the tables reversed, I'm sure that there would be a "very vocal and bitter" cadre of Mavericks fans who would be resorting to the old tricks like labelling championships with asterisks and other such nonsense -- in the past, a prevalent effort among many Mavericks fans who've bothered to post here.

It all depends, after all, on whose ox is being gored, right? It always has in the past. (or after Game 1 or Game 6).

If you see how despicable it is to make excuses for losing when the Mavs fans have done it in the past, then why are you condoning that behavior from your fellow Spurs fans? Even if you aren't taking part in that behavior, by you making a post that basically says the "Mavs fans would have blamed the loss on the refs, so it is alright for Spurs fans to do the same," you are just ecouraging that type of crap. Really, who cares what the Mavs fans would have done, some Spurs fans need to start acting like they know what the playoffs are all about, because they should, they've been there too many times not to know.

DirkAB
05-30-2006, 11:43 AM
How many bleeding cunt Sacramento fans were there in 2002? Or should I ask how many bleeding cunt Sacramento fans weren't there?

A lot, but I wasn't one of them, I accepted that the Kings lost that series, but there was a lot of blaming of the refs going around.

LEONARD
05-30-2006, 11:43 AM

The same Mavs fans that were whining would still be...

...but I also know that Spurs fans would still be spewing the "No Whining" policy that many of them are violating now... :lol

Vingianx
05-30-2006, 11:46 AM
Next season's matchup Mavs vs Spurs should be interesting, probably now stern wants to capitalize on that rivalry n give them more prime time.....

Trainwreck2100
05-30-2006, 11:46 AM

...but I also know that Spurs fans would still be spewing the "No Whining" policy that many of them are violating now... :lol

I don't recall there ever being a "no whining" policy here, this place goes into full bitch mode after a spurs loss.

Jimcs50
05-30-2006, 11:47 AM

I never signed on to said policy.

Vingianx
05-30-2006, 11:47 AM

look at you, whinying about Spurs fans

Trainwreck2100
05-30-2006, 11:49 AM

Yes, but the Mavs fans feel they have years of verbal abuse from spurs fans to make up for in one year, so to make their experience more enjoyable, thhey feel they should tell us how to act on our own board.

DarrinS
05-30-2006, 11:49 AM

I haven't whined like this since ".4".

But, there haven't always been good reasons to complain. This year is different. I've witnessed the Spurs get beaten in the playoffs before, but never were the games so close and never were there so many questionable foul calls.

My favorite was Dirk stepping on Tim's foot. :rolleyes

FromWayDowntown
05-30-2006, 11:50 AM
If you see how despicable it is to make excuses for losing when the Mavs fans have done it in the past, then why are you condoning that behavior from your fellow Spurs fans? Even if you aren't taking part in that behavior, by you making a post that basically says the "Mavs fans would have blamed the loss on the refs, so it is alright for Spurs fans to do the same," you are just ecouraging that type of crap. Really, who cares what the Mavs fans would have done, some Spurs fans need to start acting like they know what the playoffs are all about, because they should, they've been there too many times not to know.

I'm not trying to rationalize any behavior here. What I am trying to point out is that there is a significant degree of hypocrisy in some Mavs fans calling out Spurs fans for being upset by this turn of events. My evidence of that is past behavior when the tables were turned and a credible assumption from that past about how the other side would have responded had they been turned this year.

And I think, in the end, it just goes to show that fans are fans. Fans support a team and don't always act rationally in doing that. It would take a lot of the joy away from watching professional sports if only rational thought were a permitted form of discourse.

LEONARD
05-30-2006, 12:04 PM
I haven't whined like this since ".4".

But, there haven't always been good reasons to complain. This year is different. I've witnessed the Spurs get beaten in the playoffs before, but never were the games so close and never were there so many questionable foul calls.

My favorite was Dirk stepping on Tim's foot. :rolleyes

I loved that one too... :fro :lol

ChumpDumper
05-30-2006, 01:59 PM
Why do these bitches insist on whining when their team won? You can't stop, can you? Whining is your crack. Keep it on the Mavboard.

Holmes_Fans
05-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Look at it from our perspective:

1) The Mavs were the only team with a convincing win (game 2).

2) The Mavs had one of their top 2-3 healthy players taken away for one of their home games (Terry suspension), likely costing them that game.

3) The call on Ginobili near the end of game 7 HAD to be made. It wasn't a last-second play and Dirk was clearly fouled.

4) Bowen likely fouled Dirk on the final plays of regulation in games 1 and 4. Referees called one of them.

5) Like Duncan on the last play of regulation in game 7 when Dirk probably fouled him from behind, Dirk was fouled by Parker on the last play of regulation in game 5. Both rightly went uncalled.

6) All series long, Duncan got away with his hand-swipe on Mavs' defenders. The league told Cuban during the series that, he was right, that should be an automatic offensive foul and that it would be called. It was never called. Duncan was allowed to continue to do it. It continued to knock Mavs' defenders off balance, even falling into him at times, all while those should have been calls on Duncan (the league admitted). Cuban did some tracking during one of the games and found that when Duncan did the hand-swipe, he shot 70% from the field, when he didn't, he didn't have near the same success and even had his shot blocked by Dampier two times. Many of the fouls Duncan drew were partially a result of his illegal hand-swipe.

You didn't get screwed, you just got outplayed. With all of their healthy players available, the Mavs had 6 games, 4 in SA, and 2 in DAL. The Mavs managed to win 4 of those 6 including a blowout on the Spurs' home court. Without the Terry suspension (which while kind of iffy and weak, but was his fault no doubt), the Spurs probably would have been eliminated in 6. They got a gift from the league and Terry which is all that allowed it to go to 7.

Trainwreck2100
05-30-2006, 02:10 PM
So you can play the "probably" card, but we can't, way to kill the entire basis of your argument.

boutons_
05-30-2006, 02:14 PM
why do Spurs fans continue engaging with and commenting about these motherfucking Mavs trolls? IGNORE them.

td4mvp21
05-30-2006, 02:14 PM

1) The Mavs were the only team with a convincing win (game 2).

2) The Mavs had one of their top 2-3 healthy players taken away for one of their home games (Terry suspension), likely costing them that game.

3) The call on Ginobili near the end of game 7 HAD to be made. It wasn't a last-second play and Dirk was clearly fouled.

4) Bowen likely fouled Dirk on the final plays of regulation in games 1 and 4. Referees called one of them.

5) Like Duncan on the last play of regulation in game 7 when Dirk probably fouled him from behind, Dirk was fouled by Parker on the last play of regulation in game 5. Both rightly went uncalled.

6) All series long, Duncan got away with his hand-swipe on Mavs' defenders. The league told Cuban during the series that, he was right, that should be an automatic offensive foul and that it would be called. It was never called. Duncan was allowed to continue to do it. It continued to knock Mavs' defenders off balance, even falling into him at times, all while those should have been calls on Duncan (the league admitted). Cuban did some tracking during one of the games and found that when Duncan did the hand-swipe, he shot 70% from the field, when he didn't, he didn't have near the same success and even had his shot blocked by Dampier two times. Many of the fouls Duncan drew were partially a result of his illegal hand-swipe.

You didn't get screwed, you just got outplayed. With all of their healthy players available, the Mavs had 6 games, 4 in SA, and 2 in DAL. The Mavs managed to win 4 of those 6 including a blowout on the Spurs' home court. Without the Terry suspension (which while kind of iffy and weak, but was his fault no doubt), the Spurs probably would have been eliminated in 6. They got a gift from the league and Terry which is all that allowed it to go to 7.

:blah :blah :blah :blah

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-30-2006, 02:20 PM
why do Spurs fans continue engaging with and commenting about these motherfucking Mavs trolls? IGNORE them.

The problem is the they won't go away, it's like masturbating to them, they come here, blow their wad and then wait a couple hours, repeat process. Leaving this place STD infected like themselves.

ChumpDumper
05-30-2006, 02:24 PM
Look at it from our perspective:Ok, I will.

Let's see. My team won he series so I would congratulate the Spurs on making it one of the more exciting matches in awhile. Then I'd go back to posting on my Mav board.

austinfan
05-30-2006, 02:25 PM
The problem is the they won't go away, it's like masturbating to them, they come here, blow their wad and then wait a couple hours, repeat process. Leaving this place STD infected like themselves.

I think boutons meant to try using the Ignore feature. If you go to "Control Panel" in the black bar above, look down the menu and click on Buddy/Ignore lists, you can add the username of any particularly obnoxious Mav fan and their posts won't show up anymore when you read through the threads. I've already got clambake, jamezyjamez, the oh-so-erudite Shank and the clever ponky all on there and it makes for much better reading on Spurs Talk without them.

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 02:38 PM

Look at it from our pespective:

Add one point to Spurs total at end of regulation in Game 4 = Spurs Win.

That's the only shit worth debating, because it's the only thing the NBA officially recognized as a bad call. When the Terry suspension is acknowledged by the NBA as a blown call, then you can come back and talk.

Til then, STFU.

StanleyKubrick
05-30-2006, 03:39 PM
Spurs fans are SUCH FREAKING CRYBABIES. So now you're blaming the season on one call? Good god.

You lost 2 home games. You got blown out at home. Tim Duncan was babied by the refs all series. At the end of game 5 Dirk was fouled by Bowen with no call (Mouse posted the images that 100% show that it was a foul). The Mavs dont even have Terry for game 6. Ginobili completely costs the Spurs game 3 and 7 with 2 bonehead plays.

Yet you all sit here and say one technical against Michael Finley is the reason the Spurs lost the series. Can you be a bigger baby than that? Seriously, can you? How about next year you get your Spurs to learn how to play defense and rebound instead of crying about the officiating. Learn how to stop Bonzi Wells while you're at it.

The Spurs got beat. The end. They got destroyed. They lost 2 home games and should have been eliminated in 5.

ChumpDumper
05-30-2006, 03:43 PM
Can you be a bigger baby than that? Seriously, can you?Yes. You can whine about refs after you won.

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 03:45 PM
The Spurs got beat. The end. They got destroyed. They lost 2 home games and should have been eliminated in 5.

No, they didn't. They were 30 seconds away from winning it all.

I have to wonder, would Mavs be praising the Spurs then? Fuck no. They would be crying like little babies about Terry's suspension, and how it cost them a title.

Spurs should have won. They didn't. That's the way it goes, but it's not like the Mavs destroyed the Spurs. As I said on another thread, the Mavs deserved to win, and they are the better team. But the missed call pisses me off, and Mavs fans coming here and bitching about valid complaints really pisses me off, especially since I know they would be bitching if the same thing happened to them... (ie, if the Mavs lost, and the NBA comes back and says "Oops, the Terry suspension was wrong. Looks like the Mavs should have won after all.")

td4mvp21
05-30-2006, 03:47 PM
So now you're blaming the season on one call? Yes.

Can you be a bigger baby than that? Yes, more like winning and still complaining?

Seriously, can you? YES.

How about next year you get your Spurs to learn how to play defense and rebound instead of crying about the officiating. Learn how to stop Bonzi Wells while you're at it.Bitch, our ex-player taught you guys how to play defense, we know how.

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-30-2006, 03:47 PM

Look at it from our perspective so far Mavs fans have done nothing but flame our boards and even though they won and the series is over still don't go away. They have all been assholes and they bring nothing of substance to this board.

picnroll
05-30-2006, 03:52 PM
All these Mavs trolls must have a guilty conciense about how the series was won to be here begging Spurs' fans for validation.

leemajors
05-30-2006, 03:56 PM
Spurs fans are SUCH FREAKING CRYBABIES. So now you're blaming the season on one call? Good god.

You lost 2 home games. You got blown out at home. Tim Duncan was babied by the refs all series. At the end of game 5 Dirk was fouled by Bowen with no call (Mouse posted the images that 100% show that it was a foul). The Mavs dont even have Terry for game 6. Ginobili completely costs the Spurs game 3 and 7 with 2 bonehead plays.

Yet you all sit here and say one technical against Michael Finley is the reason the Spurs lost the series. Can you be a bigger baby than that? Seriously, can you? How about next year you get your Spurs to learn how to play defense and rebound instead of crying about the officiating. Learn how to stop Bonzi Wells while you're at it.

they got destroyed in one game. 6 games decided by a few points that could have gone either way is not destroying anyone. the spurs could have won the series in 5 games with a few different bounces. you won the series, don't act like the mavs beat the spurs into the ground.

Holmes_Fans
05-30-2006, 04:20 PM
Look at it from our pespective:

Add one point to Spurs total at end of regulation in Game 4 = Spurs Win.

That's the only shit worth debating, because it's the only thing the NBA officially recognized as a bad call. When the Terry suspension is acknowledged by the NBA as a blown call, then you can come back and talk.

Til then, STFU.
The technical happened with 4:44 left in the game. Had it not happened the next possesion we could of easily gone down and made a 3.

LEONARD
05-30-2006, 04:36 PM
All these Mavs trolls must have a guilty conciense about how the series was won to be here begging Spurs' fans for validation.

You have NO IDEA how funny and enjoyable it is to see the whining here...prodding a little to keep it going is fun too... :lol

DirkAB
05-30-2006, 05:36 PM
Look at it from our perspective so far Mavs fans have done nothing but flame our boards and even though they won and the series is over still don't go away. They have all been assholes and they bring nothing of substance to this board.

You are calling out the Mav fans for bringing no substance? Seriously, from what I have gathered the Mav fans on this board have offered up more substance than you. All I've seen you do is piss and moan about how those Mavs fans are here on your board, do you ever actually talk basketball? As far as I can tell if those Mav fans left you wouldn't have anything to post about, so why do you want them to leave? They give you a purpose, as pathetic as that purpose is, you might need it.

DuncanInYourFace
05-30-2006, 05:41 PM
You are calling out the Mav fans for bringing no substance? Seriously, from what I have gathered the Mav fans on this board have offered up more substance than you. All I've seen you do is piss and moan about how those Mavs fans are here on your board, do you ever actually talk basketball? As far as I can tell if those Mav fans left you wouldn't have anything to post about, so why do you want them to leave? They give you a purpose, as pathetic as that purpose is, you might need it.

This is one of the stupidest posts I've seen on this board.

Drbio
05-30-2006, 06:14 PM
I find this terribly off base and inaccurate on so many levels. First, I personally was invited here and have found it enjoyable or I would have been gone immediately. Secondly, outside of some good natured ribbing, I have not flamed anyone but rather been fairly respectful of the Spurs and their fans. I doubt that I have done anything here to be labelled an asshole and I am certain that I have engaged in meaningful conversation with several members. I find this kind of blanket statement unfortunate even though I can see what inspired it. I certainly hope you can find anew perspective because if that is the one that you really have it is wrong.

gameFACE
05-30-2006, 06:27 PM

LakerHater0823
05-30-2006, 06:43 PM

I can't believe that our season is over and we still have fans from other teams on here talking shit. Hey mavs you won now go away!!!! Hey kings you lost now go away!!!!! I guess it means more to them to try and rip our team then to support their own team. All I know is since the game was tied at the end of regulation ONE POINT IS HUGE!!!! Oh well we can't do anything about it now. I just hope the nba is planning to hire new refs because Dick "looks like death" Bavetta, Joey "turtle wax head" crawford and Steve "COCKSUCKER" Javie have made the nba look fixed b/c of the disgusting calls they have made. ON BOTH SIDES OF THE TABLE!

DirkAB
05-30-2006, 07:21 PM
This is one of the stupidest posts I've seen on this board.
Care to explain? I think I have a valid point about a guy whose screen name is "I H8 Mavs Fans," and all his posts consist of is bitching about the Mav fans. I've seen some very insightful posts from some Mav fans on this board, but I have yet to read anything insightful from that j/o.

texas84
05-30-2006, 07:25 PM
I can't believe that our season is over and we still have fans from other teams on here talking shit. Hey mavs you won now go away!!!! Hey kings you lost now go away!!!!!

Not all of us are a-holes. Some of us do like good conversation.

And you know if the Spurs won and all the Mavs fans went away, every Spurs fan would be asking "Where are all the Mavs fans now?"

ShoogarBear
05-30-2006, 07:38 PM
And you know if the Spurs won and all the Mavs fans went away, every Spurs fan would be asking "Where are all the Mavs fans now?"If the Spurs had won, that's EXACTLY what would have happened.

That's why Piston fans get props. They lost, still they stayed and continued to contribute LIKE THEY DID ALL DURING THE FINALS.

ChumpDumper
05-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Either way I wouldn't want most of them back.

I'm about to go John Nada on these twerps.

Parker 09
05-31-2006, 05:28 AM
Well thats is like being beaten in a fight and then while lying on the ground being kicked in the nads.
But in the end it's too late.
But what would of happened if the game was tied with less than a second to go when the tech was called what would happen then?

LEONARD
05-31-2006, 07:50 AM
Well thats is like being beaten in a fight and then while lying on the ground being kicked in the nads.
But in the end it's too late.
But what would of happened if the game was tied with less than a second to go when the tech was called what would happen then?

Interesting...very interesting... :drunk

Spurs probably would've missed the FT :lol

chinaorange
05-31-2006, 07:51 AM
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo~~~~~~~~!
whywhywhywhywhy??????????????????????????

ambchang
06-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Haven't thought of that. Good one!

Trainwreck2100
06-14-2006, 09:35 PM
The following statement was issued by Stu Jackson, NBA Senior Vice President, Basketball Operations, in regard to a timing malfunction during Game 3 of the 2006 NBA Finals: “Upon review of Game 3 of the NBA Finals between Miami and Dallas, the NBA League Office has determined that the game timing system malfunctioned on two separate occasions in the fourth period. With 45.3 seconds remaining in the game, the clock continued to run for 2.5 seconds after a foul was called on Jason Terry of the Mavericks, and with 4.3 seconds remaining in the game, the clock continued to run for 0.9 seconds after a foul was called on Udonis Haslem of the Heat. In both cases, the cause of the problem was a malfunction in the electronic device worn by one of the game officials, which is designed to automatically stop the clock when the referee's whistle is blown. “The NBA will replace the defective equipment for subsequent games of the Finals.”

Karma's a bitch ain't it.

Shank
06-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Actually, no. Things are fine.

Kawhitstorm
05-11-2016, 10:24 PM
:wakeup