PDA

View Full Version : Damn! #1 pick in my fantasy league, help

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-13-2004, 02:32 AM
So my fantasy hoops league has cursed me with the #1. Hmm, what to do...

Be a homer and go with Tim, even though I know night in and night out he won't put up monster numbers.

Go with KG, as much as I hate him, he is ranked the #1 overall fantasy player

Go with a rejuvenated Shaq, knowing he's in shape and has no one to go against in the lEast.

Go with the rapist, now that he's got no Shaq, knowing he'll put up 35 every night (FG% is not one of the scoring components).

What to do, what to do...

Kori Ellis
10-13-2004, 02:33 AM
You have to go with Garnett. He'll give you the best all-around numbers.

Brodels
10-13-2004, 06:22 AM
If FG% isn't a factor, Kobe wouldn't be a bad choice. I'd probably go that way. Garnett would also be solid.

CosmicCowboy
10-13-2004, 12:24 PM
Like Kori said, you gotta go with KG on the #1 pick...he helps you across the board and won't kill your free throw percentages like Shaq and Tim do...as for taking Kobe, there are just too many good 2's and 3's out there to waste a first round pick on Kobe...I grab bigs and point guards in the first 4-5 rounds and fill out the center of the roster with later rounds...

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-13-2004, 02:25 PM
I agree with everything said. My head said KG, with all those double figure rebounding games.

Just looking for vindication for not picking up my boy Tim number one.

mysterious_elf26
10-13-2004, 02:54 PM
:fro Dude, go with Shaq. He's lost weight and is in the East, he's sure to dominate ever night. Rebounds, blocks, scoring. He could do it all especially when he's the only true monster player in the Heat.

KG has help, so he may not put up the same MVP numbers, Kobe will find how hard it is without shaq, Duncan is in the same situation as KG.

timvp
10-13-2004, 02:57 PM
The only reason I wouldn't draft Shaq number one is because he never stays healthy. If you think he's going to play all 82 games for the first time in his career then yeah, draft him.

CosmicCowboy
10-13-2004, 04:15 PM
I've had Shaq on a fantasy league...and he is an absolute category killer on FT%...he shoots SO MANY FREE THROWS and will go on those streaks where he will miss 10-15 in a row before geting his rhythm back...he can (and will) kill your week in one game...

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-13-2004, 04:18 PM
this league is on yahoo, and the categories are:

assists
steals
blocks
3 pointers

We play one opponent for an entire week, cumulative stats, and each category counts as a game (so up to 6 wins per week).

totalspurshomer
10-13-2004, 05:00 PM
Considering the categories you listed, I would go with KG or Kobe. Kobe would give you better overall numbers across that whole board than KG, but I'm guessing Yahoo will let you play KG at either of the F's and probably at C,too, while I suspect Kobe can only be played at SG, not SF or PG. Plus, as mentioned there are certainly more guard types who can give you decent production later on, while big guys are scarce.

Another consideration. Can you trade or work an agreement where you pick for each other and make the trade afterward. I always preferred to pick in the middle to end of the first round myself.

KG

JsnSA
10-13-2004, 05:45 PM
It has to be KG. Remember...its Fantasy...not real life NBA.

I expect Shaq to have a huge year...but he will still have a health risk even with the weight loss.

That being said....he should put up enough stats out east to make up for the games he is sure to miss.

Man In Black
10-13-2004, 06:04 PM
For some reason, I'd go with Dirk Nowitzki.
points-Dirk is good
rebounds-Dirk is good
assists-Dirk average
steals-Dirk surprisingly good
blocks-Dirk sux
3 pointers-Dirk is excellent

Plus the fact that he plays in a high temp offense gives him an excellent chance to provide points for your team.

Man Mountain
10-13-2004, 06:40 PM
Pick KOBE! Research what he has done without O'neal on the court he doesn't win but the stats are unbelievale. 35 points 7 rebounds and 7 assists is what i'm talking about brother.

sickdsm
10-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Blocks and centers are much, much more valuable than the other stats since they are so hard to get. The only question is if it should be TD or KG. Tim will definatly be center elgible, i don't remember if Kev was last year or not. If the past is any help KG will be more durable. DNP-injured's certainly don't help.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-14-2004, 12:46 AM
KG is listed as a F only for Yahoo. You've gotta go with a big at the top of the draft though, so it will probably be Kid Punk.

sickdsm
10-14-2004, 10:23 AM
That changes throughout the year. Other positions will always be added on and never taken away.