PDA

View Full Version : formula1 racing?

chode_regulator
05-29-2006, 10:22 AM
are all their races simillar to the monaco grand prix that was on yesterday. i didnt watch all of it but damn was that shit cool. ive never been into irl bc that shit just looks boring and nascar is losing my interest as it quickly becomes mroe and more corporate/gay. maybe f1 is my next interest. but are they all "road races" with lots of turns and shit or are they usually like irl races?

velik_m
05-29-2006, 10:45 AM
What kind of idiot would watch bunch of cars going into endless turn?

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/f1/circuits/index.html
or
http://www.f1interactive.com/circuits.shtml

The monaco circuit is by war the narrowest and slowest in F1, not a lot of chances for overtaking.

T Park
05-29-2006, 02:50 PM
ive never been into irl bc that shit just looks boring

Miss the indy 500 yesterday genius?

T Park
05-29-2006, 02:52 PM
also, if you think its boring,

for open wheel cars to race side by side at 220 miles an hour, on the high banks at Texas Motor Speedway, at the high and low road course of Watkins Glen this weekend?

Go to the race at Texas on the 9th of June.

And come back and tell me that its "boring".

mookie2001
05-29-2006, 02:58 PM
theyre just not southern enough for my tastes

nbascribe
05-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Used to think like all the other non-racing morons till I was invited to a couple of races this year.

Formula I is the elite of the elite becuase it is Euro and they have a very suscint classism about it. Tickets are outrageously high for 'commoners'. I've seen CART/Indycar and I've now been to a NASCAR event.

Unless you go in person, you can't say what's boring on tv. Felt the same way about hockey till I SAW IT IN PERSON.

T Park
05-29-2006, 04:37 PM
Formula I is the elite of the elite becuase it is Euro and they have a very suscint classism about it

IMO

they are only elite, because THEY think they are.

And Euros as usual, think everything they do is BETTER than how we do it.

nbascribe
05-29-2006, 04:59 PM
F1 is high tech....much more advanced than what we have over here. A lot of the technology that goes into their cars end up in the consumer rides we drive today. they are more about testing and development than we are over here in our racing.

Think about it: Audi, Porsche, VW, BMW, Mercedes, Ferrari and other Euro badges implement what they learn on the track into the cars they sell to the public. Unless Americans are testing and developing overseas, a lot of that technology is coming from across the pond to us.

chode_regulator
05-29-2006, 05:54 PM
also, if you think its boring,

for open wheel cars to race side by side at 220 miles an hour, on the high banks at Texas Motor Speedway, at the high and low road course of Watkins Glen this weekend?

Go to the race at Texas on the 9th of June.

And come back and tell me that its "boring".
damn man chill out. and yeah i missed the 500 bc like i said in the original post, i think its boring. from my perspective its like nascar, but open wheel, and the drivers arent as relatable. and ok, i guess ill take leave, buy an airline ticket, buy a race ticket and fly to texas motor spdwy so i can see a race bc some guy on the internet told me i would like it. :lol :lol :elephant :angel :smokin :king :blah :spin

and yeah nascar is kinda boring too bc all they do is turn one way, but its fun bc the pit stopd make the race and the characters of the drivers and the tension of running so fast so close to each other. plus theres like waht 20 cars in an irl race? try 43, on a half mile. again irl is gay. f1 owns irl, and damn man those cars turn ridiculously fast/hard. and irl is gay bc its alot easier than nascar as far as the controls the driver has at his hands compared to stock car racing

actually though tpark, if you want to paypal me about 450 bucks, ill meet you at the race on the 9th.

chode_regulator
05-29-2006, 05:55 PM
and damn ive never seen someone get so disconcerted over an offhand remark made in a post. this wasnt evenabout irl and tpark is trying to make it that way. :rolleyes

edit:looks like, from the few tracks i scoped out, that michael schumacer is like the dale earnhardt of nascar

chode_regulator
05-29-2006, 07:12 PM
and yes i've been to indy
damn eliteist

T Park
05-29-2006, 11:01 PM
from my perspective its like nascar, but open wheel, and the drivers arent as relatable.

Yeah Helio Castroneves seems like such a snob.

and ok, i guess ill take leave, buy an airline ticket, buy a race ticket and fly to texas motor spdwy so i can see a race bc some guy on the internet told me i would like it

No, I said don't judge something unless you've gone and watched a race.

Don't even have to go to Texas.

The races at Michigan, Milwaukee, and others are fantastic.

and yeah nascar is kinda boring too bc all they do is turn one way

yeah cause its a cinch to turn "one way"

plus theres like waht 20 cars in an irl race? try 43, on a half mile. again irl is gay. f1 owns irl, and damn man those cars turn ridiculously fast/hard. and irl is gay bc its alot easier than nascar as far as the controls the driver has at his hands compared to stock car racing

F1 owns the IRL?

How so, cause they race all road courses?

The IRL is way more interesting, there is damn near a different winner damn near every race.

F1 is consistent in that, if you pay the most money, you get the championship.

Plus, if you happened to design your own chassis and its good, like Alonso's team has, then you dominate.

Yeah thats fun racing to watch, you go to the race, and the winner is already known.

Hi Tech? yeah, fun racing? not really...

Plus, they are even worse than the IRL, they only run 18 a week.

Also, if those drivers want to impress me?

Run the Indy 500, and run 230 against guys like Hornish, Andretti, Castroneves, and Kannan.

Then you can brag.
Prob because Nascar has promoted itself better and it selects more appealable drivers like Kasey Kahne and JJ Yeley as opposed to the IRL who takes great drivers but people don't lik them just cause they are Brazilian like Vitor Meira, or Scott Dixon.

T Park
05-29-2006, 11:02 PM
and damn ive never seen someone get so disconcerted over an offhand remark made in a post. this wasnt evenabout irl and tpark is trying to make it that way

ive never been into irl bc that shit just looks boring

Thats not an offhand remark, thats a straight stupid remark.

You don't judge racing by on TV, cause you don't see ALL the racing.

You judge it by how it is in person.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-29-2006, 11:04 PM
Monaco Grand Prix was so far, the best race of the season, which is a strange event in the F1 calendar, since it's the track with the less chances of overtakings. The race is usually decided by qualification and pit stop strategy, but last Sunday it was a strange turn of events.

All the F1 races are "road races" as you call them, circuits with different turns, enviroments and weather challenges. So far this season is being one of the most interesting in the last 10 years, because there are many overtakings. In the years of Schumacher's dinasty, there were very few overtakings, and the races were decided in the pit stops. But that trend seems to be gone now.

Some of the remaining events in the season that I'd recommend watching:

- Canada Grand Prix
- The European tour (British, French, Italian and German GPs)
- Japan and Brazil.

The US event hasn't produced a classic race yet, the Chinese and Turkish don't have too much tradition so far, and the Hungarian GP is boring from my point of view as a fan.

I just hope that someone is ready to give Alonso some problems, but the rest of the drivers and teams seem to have problems finding consistency and the right set-ups for their cars.

T Park
05-29-2006, 11:55 PM
The US event hasn't produced a classic race yet

It would be nice this year, if they ALL would race, as opposed to 6.

That debacle last year, showed me how horribly run F1 is.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-31-2006, 07:18 AM
It would be nice this year, if they ALL would race, as opposed to 6.

That debacle last year, showed me how horribly run F1 is.

Indeed, it was an embarrasment. Hopefully this year's event is a normal race, because in the U.S. circuit the cars reach very good top speeds.

pache100
05-31-2006, 10:00 AM
Miss the indy 500 yesterday?

I watched the Indy this time...don't usually watch that type of racing, but I do like Dario Franchitti and am very interested in Danica Patrick's progress.

yes anything is better than watching nascars turn left
(but once a year they run the race backwards :wow)

all forms of nascar are gay

Ignorant forum.

CubanMustGo
05-31-2006, 12:00 PM
F1 usually has very few passes for position compared to the other forms of racing discussed here, and is usually dominated by a very small number of drivers (basically Schu until the last year or two). It is also very political and Bernie runs things with an iron fist. Last year's Indy was a perfect example.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-31-2006, 12:48 PM
F1 usually has very few passes for position compared to the other forms of racing discussed here, and is usually dominated by a very small number of drivers (basically Schu until the last year or two). It is also very political and Bernie runs things with an iron fist. Last year's Indy was a perfect example.

Actually, the 1994 season -full of crashes in which many drivers died or got injuried badly- that was the end of an era for F1. From 1996 to 2004 (roughly), security was the main issue over power, speed and aceleration. In the rest of the years the category was very entertaining, full of overtakings or upsets. I just hope that now F1 is heading back to those days.

T Park
05-31-2006, 07:29 PM
I watched the Indy this time...don't usually watch that type of racing, but I do like Dario Franchitti and am very interested in Danica Patrick's progress.

good to hear of a new watcher!

If you miss the GP this weekend dont worry, im not watchin either, i hate road courses.

Now the 10th of June, is Saturday night at Texas Motor speedway, and that, is where the greatest racing in INDY CAR history has ever been raced.

2000 was a FANTASTIC example of that, with Robby Mcghee Scott Sharp and other great drivers duking it out.

Watch the 10th of June and watch GREAT racing.

pache100
06-01-2006, 08:27 AM
Now the 10th of June, is Saturday night at Texas Motor speedway, and that, is where the greatest racing in INDY CAR history has ever been raced.

Watch the 10th of June and watch GREAT racing.

I'll be watching!