PDA

View Full Version : What Spurs players would you most want to hang out with?

pussyface
05-29-2006, 04:01 PM
I have a friend whose a Miami Heat fan, and he talks about how cool he thinks some of his guys are. He said he likes it that they seem like they'd be cool to hang out with, citing guys like Dwayne Wade, Shaq, and even Antoine Walker with his goofy disposition.

It got me thinking...who do you think would be a cool/interesting/charismatic Spur to mix it up with a bit? For the life of me I couldn't think of a single guy on the squad that would seem to make good company. While Duncan would be awquard and stiff, Tony Parker would be insufferably arrogant and dim, at least from what I could gather from his less than tantalizing "Oprah" appearance.

Maybe Robert Horry could be considered cool? He looks like the Fresh Prince.

At least these guys are good at playing basketball.

Chris
05-29-2006, 04:04 PM
I'd have to go with Sean Marks or Brent Berry as far as likeability is concerned.

ShoogarBear
05-29-2006, 04:05 PM
What Spurs player would you most want to shower with?
Proving once and for all pussy is a Mav Fan, probably Mark Cuban himself.

nbascribe
05-29-2006, 04:08 PM
I've actually already done this.

Hung out with Malik Rose and Speedy Claxton (along with Tony's dad) one night down at Sunset station during the 2003 title run.

Also hung out with Tony's dad watching I think it was game 4 of the first round (Suns??) at Reggiano's along with Jaren Jackson, his wife and about six other couples.

Cool points goes to Malik and Speedy. Speedy and I hung out upstairs that night watching peeps and tripping.

Kori Ellis
05-29-2006, 04:08 PM
It got me thinking...who do you think would be a cool/interesting/charismatic Spur to mix it up with a bit? For the life of me I couldn't think of a single guy on the squad that would seem to make good company. While Duncan would be awquard and stiff, Tony Parker would be insufferably arrogant and dim, at least from what I could gather from his less than tantalizing "Oprah" appearance.

Tim is actually very funny and not stiff at all.

Tony is actually very personable and not even slightly arrogant.

Robert Horry is cool.

It probably depends on your age as to who you'd like to hang out with and talk to. But don't confuse things, just because the Spurs aren't "gangsta" doesn't mean they aren't cool.

pussyface
05-29-2006, 04:09 PM
shoogarbear, are you a proffesional comedian? You have a way with humor that is nothing short of transcendent.

the way you changed "hang out with" to "shower" in your quote was f'ing awesome. Me and all my sons' friends in the 7th grade agreed that that was a good one.

nbascribe
05-29-2006, 04:12 PM
shoogarbear, are you a proffesional comedian? You have a way with humor that is nothing short of transcendent.

the way you changed "hang out with" to "shower" in your quote was f'ing awesome. Me and all my sons' friends in the 7th grade agreed that that was a good one.

:vomit:

Okay that's not good hanging out with your sons' friends. Michael Jackson tried that once and you see he went to Belize!!!! :rolleyes

NZHayden
05-29-2006, 04:14 PM
sean, manu and beno

pussyface
05-29-2006, 04:14 PM
hehhe... Kori, your latent racism really shines threw in that "gangsta" comment.

If thinking guys like LeBron James would be more fun to hang out with than "Big Handsome" Bruce Bowen, than I guess I'm guilty of chasing the jock of "gangstas."

You say "gangsta"...maybe you meant hiphop. either way, you might agree that was a pretty regretable comment

Kori Ellis
05-29-2006, 04:16 PM
hehhe... Kori, your latent racism really shines threw in that "gangsta" comment.

If thinking guys like LeBron James would be more fun to hang out with than "Big Handsome" Bruce Bowen, than I guess I'm guilty of chasing the jock of "gangstas."

You say "gangsta"...maybe you meant hiphop. either way, you might agree that was a pretty regretable comment

No, I meant Gangsta. Because some of the Spurs players are actually Hiphop.

By the way my husband is part black and into hiphop, but not gangsta. So I don't think you can throw racist at me.

And I agree that LeBron would probably be more fun to hang with than Bruce.

FromWayDowntown
I like hanging out with intelligent and respectful people.

Just about all of the Spurs would fit that bill.

nbascribe
racism?

The gangsta reference isn't racist; it's a perception of urban culture.

pussyface
05-29-2006, 04:19 PM
where in my comments did you get that I was into the "gangsta" thing? Is Dwayne Wade "gangsta"? He's well spoken, likeable, articuate. Shaq??? He is a lovable, huggable teddy bear who makes me giggle like a school girl.

The only obvious these guys really even have in common is that the color of their skin is all conducive to Kori writing them off as "gangsta" with smug superiority.

Kori Ellis
05-29-2006, 04:19 PM
where in my comments did you get that I was into the "gangsta" thing? Is Dwayne Wade "gangsta"? He's well spoken, likeable, articuate. Shaq??? He is a lovable, huggable teddy bear who makes me giggle like a school girl.

These only obvious these guys really even have in common is that the color of their skin is all conducive to Kori writing them off as "gangsta" with smug superiority.

No Wade isn't Gangsta.

Iverson is Gangsta.

I didn't say that you were into Gangsta. You didn't even say who you wanted to hang out with. I just said a statement that just because the Spurs aren't gangsta, in the news with trouble, etc doesn't mean they aren't cool.

spur219
05-29-2006, 04:21 PM
I would like to hang out with Manu. I think he would be awesome to hang out with.

ShoogarBear
05-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Okay that's not good hanging out with your sons' friends.
Ah, you beat me to it.

Anyway, back to watching him hang himself . . .

pussyface
05-29-2006, 04:22 PM
This was the content of my first post: "I have a friend whose a Miami Heat fan, and he talks about how cool he thinks some of his guys are. He said he likes it that they seem like they'd be cool to hang out with, citing guys like Dwayne Wade, Shaq, and even Antoine Walker with his goofy disposition. "

You responded that you were "sorry if the Spurs weren't 'gangsta' enough for me.

Will you at least agree that this comment had no place in this thread based on what was being put forth? Once again, I suspect it reveals something about your innermost thoughts that this is the response you thought of out of the blue.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2006, 04:23 PM
I didn't say that you were into Gangsta.Doucheta, more like

pussyface
05-29-2006, 04:24 PM
the reference to hanging out with 7th graders was intended to drive home the point that that shoogerbear guy isnt funny and has a childish sense of humor.

ShoogarBear
05-29-2006, 04:25 PM
I think it was more a reflection of your innermost thoughts.

SpursWoman
05-29-2006, 04:26 PM
While Duncan would be awquard and stiff, Tony Parker would be insufferably arrogant and dim, at least from what I could gather from his less than tantalizing "Oprah" appearance.

If there was any question at all that you were never a Spurs fan to begin with, that cleared that up as well as anything could have. Anyone who follows the Spurs regularly knows that Tim Duncan is one cool mofo and has a fantastic sense of humor.

And that Tony Parker is pretty much the same way.

Although, if by hanging out you mean comparing notes on the best way to beat your spouse or pass a drug test, then no, they probably wouldn't be that cool. :spin

nbascribe
05-29-2006, 04:27 PM
pussyface:

The Spurs have guys who are good role models and model citizens in the community. DWade isn't 'gangsta' as far as attitude but I've seen him dress in the trendy urban gear.

As Kori refers, gansta these days in the press refers to getting your ass arrested because you are tying to prove something. Example, even though Gilbert Arenas isn't gangsta, the fact that his dumb ass got arrested for disorderly conduct fits his action into the gangsta profile.

Gangsta can also be referred to lifestyle. Oftentimes those who decide to 'pimp' their rides live this lifestyle.

In today's venacular, the word gangsta has little to do with race but has more to do with the socio-economic trends of how younger generations are 'living'.

pussyface
05-29-2006, 04:28 PM
"I just said a statement that just because the Spurs aren't gangsta, in the news with trouble, etc doesn't mean they aren't cool." Kori Ellis

I didn't realize that I had implied that I picked the athletes I liked based on whose getting busted on the news and getting tagged with that "badass" outlaw image.

You are coming at me with some really absurd defences.

It says VERY MUCH about you and VERY LITTLE about this discussion that the only reason you can imagine to yourself why someone might not find the Spurs' players personally appealing is that they have a fetish for the gangsta image.

Kori Ellis
05-29-2006, 04:29 PM
This was the content of my first post: "I have a friend whose a Miami Heat fan, and he talks about how cool he thinks some of his guys are. He said he likes it that they seem like they'd be cool to hang out with, citing guys like Dwayne Wade, Shaq, and even Antoine Walker with his goofy disposition. "

You responded that you were "sorry if the Spurs weren't 'gangsta' enough for me.

Will you at least agree that this comment had no place in this thread based on what was being put forth? Once again, I suspect it reveals something about your innermost thoughts that this is the response you thought of out of the blue.

You named players that your friend hung out with. You didn't even indicate that you wanted to hang out with those players. By the way, I've hung out with Shaq when I lived in L.A. along with a lot of other NBA players. And I don't think he's gangsta ... just an ass.

You proceeded to trash the Spurs as boring, stuffy, and conceited (under your fake guise of being a Spurs fan) which a lot of people do.

In case you didn't know, a lot of the Spurs dress "urban" depending on the occasion. So obviously "gangsta" to me doesn't have anything to do with how they dress.

I just made a statement about not confusing cool with gangsta. If you don't like the gangsta players, then you should have just said, "I'm not. The players that I think cool are ..." and named them.

pussyface
05-29-2006, 04:33 PM
"The Spurs have guys who are good role models and model citizens in the community. DWade isn't 'gangsta' as far as attitude but I've seen him dress in the trendy urban gear."

Wow...what is your point here? ...points off for a young guy wearing trendy, age appropraite clothing? Great...so im supposed to like these SA guys because they represent a bastion of conservatism? For the record, i dont even think this is true as Wade is a married guy with a pension for preppy clothes, although this obviously is not relevent.

The racism in this thread is so evident its startling.

nbascribe
05-29-2006, 04:34 PM
the reference to hanging out with 7th graders was intended to drive home the point that that shoogerbear guy isnt funny and has a childish sense of humor.

Then you should have left that 7th grade reference alone....It was way too easy to snipe you with my comeback..... :lol

As for the defenses? Dude get a grip. Those of us who've been to more than six NBA games will tell you that everything the league is doing AT THE game is geared towards the urban culture.

All most of us said is that we're glad that none of us are picking up a sports page and reading about our favorite players as if we were reading a police blotter.

Kori Ellis
05-29-2006, 04:35 PM
"The Spurs have guys who are good role models and model citizens in the community. DWade isn't 'gangsta' as far as attitude but I've seen him dress in the trendy urban gear."

Wow...what is your point here? ...points off for a young guy wearing trendy, age appropraite clothing? Great...so im supposed to like these SA guys because they represent a bastion of conservatism? For the record, i dont even think this is true as Wade is a married guy with a pension for preppy clothes, although this obviously is not relevent.

So now, Greg Moore is racist? He's black and wears urban clothes all the time himself.
:wtf

Dre_7
05-29-2006, 04:35 PM
I think it was more a reflection of your innermost thoughts.

:lmao

timvp
05-29-2006, 04:37 PM
Looking at the history of this pussyface character, it's obviously a Mavs fan trying to pretend to be a Spurs fan. Either that or one dumb biotch.

Either way, time to put an end to this charade . . .

:devil

pussyface
05-29-2006, 04:37 PM
hehe...another really funny thing was when you said tony parker has a hilarious sense of humor. oh my god...that guy on oprah...talk about a guy who has nothing going on in his life if it weren't for basketball...he epitomizes it.

anyone hear when howard stern played those clips from it on his radio show? him ripping on tony parker as eva's lap dog was too funny.

Oh Qua Tangin Wan

ShoogarBear
05-29-2006, 04:39 PM
Looking at the history of this pussyface character, it's obviously a Mavs fan trying to pretend to be a Spurs fan. Either that or one dumb biotch.
Why is this an "either/or"?

Kori Ellis
05-29-2006, 04:39 PM
hehe...another really funny thing was when you said tony parker has a hilarious sense of humor. oh my god...that guy on oprah...talk about a guy who has nothing going on in his life if it weren't for basketball...he epitomizes it.

Jealous much?

:lol

FromWayDowntown
05-29-2006, 04:41 PM
Hmmm, dude doesn't have them rolling in the aisles while speaking his second language.

What a lame ass he must be!!

Kori Ellis
05-29-2006, 04:45 PM
it's obviously a Mavs fan trying to pretend to be a Spurs fan.

He's the Mavs poster, bowenuglyduncanuncool or whatever.

nbascribe
05-29-2006, 04:46 PM

Evidently a candidate for "I left my brain up my girlfriend's ass" award.

Next thing you gonna say that guys like Timvp who listen to rap music aren't successful in life. :rolleyes

Look smart guy, and before Shoogabear and I show up at your door step with our Dashikis and Gargoyle sunglasses on, my point was that the Spurs were good guys.

Read my earlier post of hanging out with Malik Rose. When we went clubbing, Malik decided to wear a Fubu jean suit and Speedy wore a similar style. Because I was hanging with Tony's dad, I decided to wear a Jones New York suit because that's what I wear when i step with friends like TP, Sr. That's how I roll.

But as Kori said, I've worn urban attire. And like her, I've hung with Shaq and other ball players. Depending on where we going and what the activity is, it's either dress up or dress down.

Don't be an ass and try to flip the script up in here.

I'm smelling a troll!!!

timvp
05-29-2006, 04:46 PM
Let's see if pv$$yface comes clean.

theroc5
05-29-2006, 04:47 PM
easy, parker. i get to see sexy eva and rap with parker and of course not to mention hoop with him. hes closer to my age then most of them as well.(5 yrs or so)

boutons_
05-29-2006, 04:47 PM
"rolling in the aisles while speaking his second language."

At the Spurs Tip-off Lunchean that Tony did a couple seasons ago, he was extremely relaxed and confident and funny as hell. Very professional job .... in his second language.

He mumbles a bit, but if you can get past that, he's very cool in English.

Old School Chic
05-29-2006, 04:49 PM

Either way, time to put an end to this charade . . .

:devil

:lol

nbascribe
05-29-2006, 04:54 PM
Okay getting back on the topic at hand…

I would love to hang out with Pop though. To be able to discuss basketball strategies over a bottle of 1996 Robert Mondavi Merlot wouldn't be a bad idea.

He can be quite personable if you get him away from basketball and the jackass media that ask dumb questions from dallas.!! :lol

MannyIsGod
05-29-2006, 04:57 PM
I don't get celebrity worship. I honestly don't understand why people are so eager to hang out with people who are famous. I've met tons of famous people but I've never felt the need to bug them. Well, there was that one time I bugged Beno when LJ was with me but that was just to get in a shot at Rasho.

I don't know if I'd want to hang out with any of the Spurs. But if they're into poker, I'd love to take their money playing them. :)

Old School Chic
05-29-2006, 04:58 PM
:makeout

http://www.nba.com/media/espanol/manu_retrato_200_150.jpg

spurschick
05-29-2006, 05:00 PM
I've met tons of famous people but I've never felt the need to bug them.

Unless, of course, they don't tip you. :lol

ShoogarBear
05-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Unless, of course, they don't tip you. :lol
Dammit, that's the second time I've been scooped in this thread! :madrun

ShoogarBear
05-29-2006, 05:03 PM
I don't know if I'd want to hang out with any of the Spurs. But if they're into poker, I'd love to take their money playing them. :)
I was wondering how come you didn't get into that action at TP's house?

nbascribe
05-29-2006, 05:06 PM
It's the chance to hang with an 'untouchable' MIG.

Ask Kori and LJ and I'll think they'll back me up on this. People will do almost anything to just to 'hob nob' with the rich and famous.

I've stood in line at Whataburger with Eva and we just talked. there was security around us and her friends but it was just like what we do at Kori's house. To me it's no big deal. but to the person behind the counter, it was like "what were you two talking about? is she marrying tony?" Like I'm Ms. Cleo's illegitimate nephew or something. :lol

Some folk just get into the idol worship thing.

MannyIsGod
05-29-2006, 05:07 PM
Unless, of course, they don't tip you. :lol:lol

Hey man, you know how bill collectors are.

nbascribe
05-29-2006, 05:12 PM
I was wondering how come you didn't get into that action at TP's house?

Are you kidding? did you read the buy in? I don't think Manny could have gotten enough quarters even for that one!!! :lol

MannyIsGod
05-29-2006, 05:14 PM
It's the chance to hang with an 'untouchable' MIG.

Ask Kori and LJ and I'll think they'll back me up on this. People will do almost anything to just to 'hob nob' with the rich and famous.

I've stood in line at Whataburger with Eva and we just talked. there was security around us and her friends but it was just like what we do at Kori's house. To me it's no big deal. but to the person behind the counter, it was like "what were you two talking about? is she marrying tony?" Like I'm Ms. Cleo's illegitimate nephew or something. :lol

Some folk just get into the idol worship thing.Yeah I completely agree. I always see the Spurs when out. And I never feel the need to interupt their dinner or whatever they are doing to ask for an autograph or get a picture etc etc. It just is weird to me.

leemajors
Okay getting back on the topic at hand…

I would love to hang out with Pop though. To be able to discuss basketball strategies over a bottle of 1996 Robert Mondavi Merlot wouldn't be a bad idea.

He can be quite personable if you get him away from basketball and the jackass media that ask dumb questions from dallas.!! :lol

well, hopefully pop, with what i would assume is a refined palate, could propose a better vintage than a 96 mondavi merlot... :elephant

MannyIsGod
Are you kidding? did you read the buy in? I don't think Manny could have gotten enough quarters even for that one!!! :lolYou do realize that 300 is much smaller than some buyins I am going to be playing in this summer? (not that I sould have been invited, just saying)

ShoogarBear
05-29-2006, 05:15 PM
We coulda taken up a collection to stake him.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2006, 05:16 PM
Let's see if pv$$yface comes clean.*crickets*

nbascribe
05-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Dammit, that's the second time I've been scooped in this thread! :madrun

Could be that pussyface may have stole ur sugar bear cereal to give to his sons' and the seventh grade class and replaced it with Malt-O-Meal or Bag-O-Cereal from the generic aisle. :nutkick:

MannyIsGod
05-29-2006, 05:18 PM
We coulda taken up a collection to stake him.I like this idea though. :D

BgT
05-29-2006, 05:20 PM
I don't get celebrity worship. I honestly don't understand why people are so eager to hang out with people who are famous. I've met tons of famous people but I've never felt the need to bug them. Well, there was that one time I bugged Beno when LJ was with me but that was just to get in a shot at Rasho.

I agree with you 100%

nbascribe
05-29-2006, 05:20 PM
Sorry....my girlfriend would have kicked my ass contributing to Manny's cause.....:lol

When it comes to money, the future Mrs. Nbascribe don't play dat!!

I would have had to give Manny some of my she-money in secrecy = that's MONEY that SHE don't know about......:lol

ShoogarBear
05-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Malt-O-Meal? :vomit:

I like this idea though. :D

Of course, we like the idea of a positive return on investment . . .

nbascribe
05-29-2006, 05:30 PM
Malt-O-Meal? :vomit:

:rollin

Could have been worse.....I could have said that he actually had his son cook u something.

"Daddy why is the dog licking his balls?"
"Because he is trying to get the taste of Pussyface's cooking out his mouth."

nbascribe
05-29-2006, 05:50 PM
dayum it's quiet in here.

Somebody take their marbles and go home or something?

spurs=bling
05-29-2006, 05:55 PM
Timmay

nbascribe
05-29-2006, 05:57 PM
this thread sucks so unbelieveably much it's unbelieveable

the amazingly interspective of one who quotes the frigging obvious is surreal sometimes.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2006, 06:00 PM
All the black people here should just admit they don't like black people. Maybe Mavfan would come back then.

nbascribe
05-29-2006, 06:02 PM
Hell if that happened then we wouldn't have the NBA....duh

NIKOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kori Ellis
05-29-2006, 06:05 PM
this thread sucks so unbelieveably much it's unbelieveable

Yeah we get it. You don't like any thread. :rolleyes

nbascribe
05-29-2006, 06:08 PM
All the black people here should just admit they don't like black people. Maybe Mavfan would come back then.

Okay let's say it all together....WTF??? :rollin

ChumpDumper
05-29-2006, 06:10 PM
It made as much sense as a pussyfan post.

charmie21
05-29-2006, 06:25 PM
Timmy and Manu.. :)

angel_luv
05-29-2006, 06:26 PM
If I could, I would hang out with Rasho, Beno, and Gino all the time.

I really like and admire Timmy, Brent, Bruce and Sean as well so I would like to get to know them and their families too.

Also, I want Tony to rap for me someday. :)

pussyface
05-29-2006, 07:11 PM
Okay, I think you guys totally missed the point of what I was saying here.

I didn't want to hear about how you and Malik Rose went "clubbing" and he's a "chill" guy. Kori, I don't think that you are a cooler person now that you namedropped hanging out with Shaq O'Neal. This was a hypothetical dealing with perception, and how these guys come across in games and interviews.

My point is that at the end of the day Malik Rose isn't cool (Dude, we have Malik Rose on our team!) This is not a tangible thing, you either just get it or you don't. I've never met anyone who wasn't from SA, for instance, who liked Tony Parker or considered him cool. The consensus is, "I hate this guy", and its pretty unanimous. Not that he isn't good at basketball, he just doesn't come across as cool like an LBJ or a Wade or a Nash before he was so overrated...I don't know that i'm being controversial in saying that. go youtube his oprah appearance and tell me you think this guy is mr. personality.

Generally, the Spurs players are not overly appealing personalities. They are guys who conduct themselves in a businesslike manor. Thats probably why you tell yourself they are cool, right?

Does anyone understand where I'm coming from or do you guys pretty much figure that the only explanation for someone not finding this collection of players personally intruiging is that they only like players who are "gangsta"?

As for being a "Mav fan in disguise," the truth is that I registered as a Mavs fan. After about 20 posts and coincidentally with the Spurs trailing in their series to Dallas, I was banned on some pretty shakey ground. When I was forced to register again, I exercised common sense and selected the Spurs as my team to avoid heat.

So....if the crime is having allegiance to a team still eligable to win the 2006 NBA Title...I am guilty.

pussyface
05-29-2006, 07:20 PM
By the way...Kori
I didn't realize you were married to a man of partially black ethnic heritage, who likes hip hop. I agree with you that this exempts you from ever potentially saying something that has racially offensive overtones.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2006, 07:32 PM
As for being a "Mav fan in disguise," the truth is that I registered as a Mavs fan. After about 20 posts and coincidentally with the Spurs trailing in their series to Dallas, I was banned on some pretty shakey ground. When I was forced to register again, I exercised common sense and selected the Spurs as my team to avoid heat.It took you two hours to come up with that lame story?

pussyface
05-29-2006, 07:35 PM
...lame story? its only the truth. does it not seem plausable?
as kori said, i registered as bowenuglyduncanuncool.

Im sure you can look up that name being banned. Look at how innocuous my posts were too...good natured ribbing without profanity...its as if the writing was already on the wall and you good folks of SA felt an ill wind blowing this series from the beginning ( don't worry, I know this isn't true as you guys all pretty much thought the only other team eligible to win the NBA title was Detroit due to the popular San Antonio the past=the present hypothesis).

It didn't take me 2 hours to come up with an excuse...it took me 2 hours to get done playing basketball so I could reply. Have you ever played basketball before?

ChumpDumper
05-29-2006, 07:40 PM
Yes, I could think of a better story while I was playing too. Or walking from the court. Or taking a wizz before I sat at the keyboard again.

picnroll
05-29-2006, 07:47 PM
pussyface if banning occurs for incoherent babbling I'd say you're in real trouble again.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2006, 07:52 PM
"I'm a Spurs fan so I joined a Spurs forum as a Mavfan just at the time Spurs were playing the Mavs. I was banned because I was talking shit and putting down Spurfans. Now I'm back as a Spurfan who talks shit and puts down Spurfans. I just played basketball."

ShoogarBear
05-29-2006, 07:53 PM
Bet you whipped up on those 7th graders but good.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2006, 07:55 PM
Bet you whipped up on those 7th graders but good.Is "whipped up" a euphamism for something?

greens
05-29-2006, 08:08 PM
I love the personalities of all the Spurs players...They are all classy and respectful. They are a bunch of truly nice guys. I'd choose to hang out with them rather than "i'm all that superstars" like some other players on the other teams are...I don't like arrogance and bitchiness...I will take kindness and a sense of humour over anything any day...

My first choice would be Bruce Bowen, hands down. Not only is he just a very nice and likeable guy...He's also very funny...I've read the reports from the people who were lucky enough to meet him, and they've all said that he is hilarious...I also watched how he interacts with others on the 2005 Championship DVD...and he's just easy going, laid back, very calm, and humourous person. He'd be able to keep a conversation going for a long time. Plus he's very smart. So yeah, I'd choose Brucie...When Bruce guarded Rip, Rip was getting frustrated with him, but then Rip said that Bruce is a "cool-ass dude" off the court...Ray Allen who suddenly became his enemy number one even admitted that he used to hang out with Bruce and was his friend...No one has a problem with Bruce's true personality...it's just that when Bruce guards people, he is so incredibly good at his defense that it makes all the big superstars really mad when they cannot score...What I love about Bruce is that he loves and appreciates his life. He's a very optimistic person. He's full of life.

I also would love to meet Timmy, Tony, Horry, and Manu...These four guys and Bruce are my all time favorites...

Timmy is actually very funny outside of the court...I saw this special where Horry and Bruce talked about how truly funny and easy going Timmy really is and how the fans have never been able to truly see that...and how the fans/media/etc have Tim Duncan all wrong. Plus Tim is also a nice guy. He's polite and repsectful. He looks like a big papa bear...LOL...

Tony is actually not arrogant or over confident or selfish...He's very mature for his age...And he's actually a friendly guy. I watched his appearance on the Best Damn Sports Show...and he was very amiable with others and just an all around nice guy. He would be a blast to hang out with.

Robert is also a relaxed guy. Not to mention that he is also very handsome...He also seems like a nice person who loves to have fun and to go out and enjoy his life. He would be fun to be around. He came into the Spurs organization and fit in so well because of his classy attitude...

Then there is Manu who is just a very passionate guy. He seems like an exciting person. And I would love to meet him...He also is easy to talk to. I also speak a little bit of Spanish and can practice it with him...LOL...But yeah, Manu is awesome...

So yeah, I would love to meet the main 5 players...just cuz I'm a huge fan of their talent and their personalities on and off the court...But if I had to put these 5 in ranking of who I'd love to meet...It would be...

1.)Brucie
2.)Timmy/Tony-it's a tie...lol...
3.)Robert
4.)Manu

Budkin
05-29-2006, 09:12 PM
I'd hang with Timmy for sure. He's a videogame junkie (like me) and seems to have a wicked sense of humor when the cameras aren't on him. Plus we're about the same age so we could get all nostalgic n' shit.

pussyface
05-30-2006, 12:41 AM
"I'd hang with Timmy for sure. He's a videogame junkie (like me)" hehe

For the record...even though a lot of people like to run me down for posting on this board, I have great love for spurstalk.com . This is by far the best forum of its kind I could imagine.

By the way, you guys have convinced me: i now believe bruce bowen is the mvp of cool in the nba.

nbascribe
05-30-2006, 11:22 AM
I knew my troll radar was working......:lol

Timvp's sniffer sniffed him out and made him come clean.....

It's all good pussyface......consider it an initiation of sorts around here.

kimberly_spursfan
05-30-2006, 09:45 PM
I have a friend whose a Miami Heat fan, and he talks about how cool he thinks some of his guys are. He said he likes it that they seem like they'd be cool to hang out with, citing guys like Dwayne Wade, Shaq, and even Antoine Walker with his goofy disposition.

actually tony isnt arrogant at all, hes quite nice to be around, i watch his interviews all the time, and hes pretty cool, sometimes even funny, hes a good guy. thats who i would want to hang out with

Crookshanks
05-30-2006, 11:43 PM
I'd love to hang out with Bruce - he's seems like such a hoot. And it would be great to hang with him and Sean Elliott - I bet they have a lot of fun.

I'd like to meet the real Tim Duncan. I hear he's really laid back and quite different in person than what you see portrayed by the media.