PDA

View Full Version : Would this have been our....

Tek_XX
05-29-2006, 08:19 PM
easiest championship?

Suns and then maybe Miami?

Oh well, wasn't meant to be

Amuseddaysleeper
05-29-2006, 08:20 PM
maybe if we didnt' dick around with small ball and play the mavs style of play this could have been our easiest route to the title

instead we are at home watching the playoffs instead of being there on TV

exstatic
05-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Is this going to be you people's Karma? To bitch about this series in perpetuity?

ALVAREZ6
05-29-2006, 08:56 PM
easiest championship?

That's what makes it suck so bad losing like we did....

greens
05-29-2006, 08:59 PM
In my opinion, there is nothing sweeter than winning a "hard earned" championship rather than an "easy" championship. The harder the games are, the sweeter the glory is...

ALVAREZ6
05-29-2006, 09:01 PM
In my opinion, there is nothing sweeter than winning a "hard earned" championship rather than an "easy" championship. The harder the games are, the sweeter the glory is...
True, but this could have been the Spurs' first repeat.

Mugshot
05-29-2006, 09:04 PM

Yep.

Brutalis
05-29-2006, 09:08 PM
Dallas was our only real concern on both sides of the ball. Mentality no other team is there right now in basketball other than Dallas. They get the calls, make the plays and will probably take this title to our disapproval.

T Park
05-29-2006, 09:10 PM
maybe if we didnt' dick around with small ball and play the mavs style of play this could have been our easiest route to the title

Too bad we didn't have a bigman worth a shit.

strangeweather
05-29-2006, 09:11 PM

"You step in the stream, but the water has moved on."

What's over is over. Time to start building a team to see if we can make it 3 of 5.

greens
05-29-2006, 09:16 PM

I don't really see the glory in "repeating"...I mean look at the Lakers, they won three in a row, and then disappeared....

I prefer longevity...Spurs winning every other year...Just to show that they are here to stay...I like how the Spurs have won their three rings so far...one in 1999, the other a few years later in 2003, then another one in 2005...It shows that they have what it takes to keep coming back and winning...When you think of the past seven years, you think of the Spurs...I prefer we win lots of rings at different times rather repeating and then disappearing all together...The Spurs have showed their dominance in the last couple of years. To me, that's what matters the most...

caŽlo
05-29-2006, 09:18 PM
drop the joint peeps.

we lost. get over it.

v2freak
05-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Nope. Scary Mavs and Kings rounds

Amuseddaysleeper
05-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Too bad we didn't have a bigman worth a shit.

i know T park, i just wish we coulda played spurs ball not suns ball in that series :depressed

T Park
05-29-2006, 09:57 PM
If we had had a bigman that could matchup with Dirk, yeah we could've played Spurs ball.

If Horry had been in shape, that too would've helped.

raspsa
05-30-2006, 12:03 AM
With TD healthy and motivated,he would have been even more dominant in the paint against the Suns. I'd have loved seeing him battle Shaq in the finals.

Kori Ellis
05-30-2006, 01:16 AM
I don't understand why people are saying this.

The Spurs lost. So obviously it wasn't the easiest road to the Championship.

They lost.

Slinkyman
05-30-2006, 01:19 AM
how was playing the 8 seed knicks after destroying the west not the easiest? we only lost 2 games that year!

Tek_XX
05-30-2006, 01:51 PM
I don't understand why people are saying this.

The Spurs lost. So obviously it wasn't the easiest road to the Championship.

They lost.

I'm talking about if we managed not to foul Dirk and moved on. It probably would have been cake

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 01:58 PM
I don't know, Heat looks fired up right now.

Would have been a good series. Would have been fun to play against Shaq and Payton again.

Oh, well, should've, could've...

GoSpurs21
05-30-2006, 02:28 PM
maybe if we would have kept Devin Brown and never gotten HITA (the remake) NVE
we would have beaten dallas

ChumpDumper
05-30-2006, 02:32 PM
Seeing as we lost, it was pretty hard.

kimberly_spursfan
05-30-2006, 09:43 PM

i agree
we dont want to win the easiest championship, what do we really have to brag about if its just an easy win, its better to play the best, THEN if u beat the best you have something to brag about... its nothing to say HEY GUYS I WON AN EASY GAME.. nothing to brag about..

JamStone
05-30-2006, 09:48 PM
After a grueling 7 game series with Dallas, the Phoenix Suns would have run all over the Spurs and their style of play would make for a difficult series. And, if the Spurs got past the Suns, either the Pistons or the Heat would have made for a very tough Finals for the Spurs. Pistons balanced attack has proven to be a good test, despite them playing pretty poorly so far in the playoffs. And, Shaquille O'Neal and Dwyane Wade would cause nightmares for the Spurs as well.

Shaq and Wade does not seem "easy" for any team.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-30-2006, 10:04 PM
i agree
we dont want to win the easiest championship, what do we really have to brag about if its just an easy win, its better to play the best, THEN if u beat the best you have something to brag about... its nothing to say HEY GUYS I WON AN EASY GAME.. nothing to brag about..

I'd MUCH MUCH rather have an "easy" championship than NO championship

not a hard decision

boutons_
05-30-2006, 10:31 PM
The "hard part" for these Spurs was not the opponents, but the Spurs internalties, desire, focus, intensity, etc which all lead to less errors and better execution.

Pop is so right. Spurs come back from 20 down and tie the 7th game in regulation, but lose, there they now are hopelessly old and unathletic?

Spurs had enough talent to win in 04, but not the toughness. Spurs had the about same talent this year as last year, but not the same toughness.

strangeweather
05-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Spurs had enough talent to win in 04, but not the toughness. Spurs had the about same talent this year as last year, but not the same toughness.
I'm not sure it was toughness that separated this team from last year. Last year, the Spurs looked nothing like a title team until the Denver series, then something fell into place and they righted the ship.

This year, they looked okay winning 63, but rarely looked like a dominant team at their peak. When they got to the playoffs, something was missing, but I'm not sure it was toughness. They fought like champions to stay in the Mavs series -- they mounted a ton of late comebacks, even in the games they didn't win. But they never quite gelled into a great team, and the Mavs were better over seven games.

Maybe it was personnel, some people obviously think it was coaching, maybe it was just bad fortune that they didn't gel at the right time. But whatever it was, I'm just not seeing that it was toughness.

dknights411
05-30-2006, 11:27 PM
Maybe its just me, but I'm under the impression that 1999 was the easiest title. Two sweeps, an 8 seed in the Finals, and only two losses total.

Louie Vega
05-31-2006, 03:03 AM
drop the joint peeps.

we lost. get over it.

You see this is a forum right? To discuss everything and anything Spurs right?
If you don't like certain threads don't enter them !