PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Radio.

Zombie
05-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Can anyone suggest a good Sirius radio? I currently have XM but looking to change to Sirius. I'm looking for a car model nothing for the house. I am not wanting to spend over $100.

T Park
05-29-2006, 09:41 PM
:lol good luck.

Sirius blows though, I just switched over.

Their music channels are overrated, and XM has much better talk radio. Especially Sports.

But I don't know of any Sirius radios under a C note.

Zombie
05-29-2006, 09:43 PM
:lol good luck.

Sirius blows though, I just switched over.

Their music channels are overrated, and XM has much better talk radio. Especially Sports.

But I don't know of any Sirius radios under a C note.
maybe i'll just buy me a better xm radio then.

T Park
05-29-2006, 09:58 PM
If you want to spend a little money, get the Inno.

I just bought one, its an honest to goodness MP3 player, and portable XM Radio.

No extra antenna needed, it has a nice built in one.

Pioneer Inno XM Radio.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-29-2006, 10:04 PM
I'm not sure about in-dash car units, but you can find the very basic Sirius unit for under $50 at pretty much anywhere.

Zombie
05-29-2006, 10:08 PM
If you want to spend a little money, get the Inno.

I just bought one, its an honest to goodness MP3 player, and portable XM Radio.

No extra antenna needed, it has a nice built in one.

Pioneer Inno XM Radio.
All i'm lookin for is a good radio for my big truck so I don't have to search for an fm station every hour. I have XM, wondering if Sirius might be better for me.
My current Xm is 2 years old and some of the buttons don't work so some of my favorites are hard to get to.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-29-2006, 10:10 PM
From what everybody I know says (and the little I've listened to it), the music seems to be better on XM.

I enjoy the comedy on Sirius. I'm not going to say one's better than the other, I would try the online trial to see if XM has what you like.

Zombie
05-29-2006, 10:13 PM
From what everybody I know says (and the little I've listened to it), the music seems to be better on XM.

I enjoy the comedy on Sirius. I'm not going to say one's better than the other, I would try the online trial to see if XM has what you like.
I'm on the comedy station about 95% of the time with my xm.
I'll go check out the online trial.

leemajors
05-29-2006, 10:47 PM
xm has zero sports besides MLB. it was a no brainer for me... sirius has the NFL and the NBA. i have the sportster replay, i paid $150 for it around a year ago. i mainly flip between ESPN, NBA radio, reggae, backspin, pure jazz, stones radio, first wave, big 80s and the classic rock station. i haven't tried any of the comedy stations.

Zombie
05-29-2006, 10:50 PM
not lookin for sports! :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

leemajors
05-29-2006, 10:54 PM
check out the online trial then, really the best way to see if it has what you like. i was just telling you why i chose sirius. neither service has what i really want musically, but i have cds for when i want to listen to something specific. sirius is good for when me and the woman are in the car together.

T Park
05-30-2006, 12:15 AM
ah, if your lookin for a well built unit for a truck, then check out Sirius or XM's websites for their units, see wich one you like, then do a search on it.

DJREN37
05-30-2006, 07:43 AM
I just got the Inno, hate it going back to Worste Buy. Reception is only a bit better than my old Delphi MyFi, and the 1gig memory when divided is really only 512 for my own MP3's. Nice idea, but it has too many problems, battery dies when not in use, if u want to connect it to the car you have to dish out another $80 on top of the $399, andearbuda are a piece of shyt. Only my 2 cents, I think I'll wait for the next generation to see if anything improves.