PDA

View Full Version : A conundrum

Jimcs50
05-29-2006, 10:05 PM
Looks like Dallas and Miami in Finals.

Do we want Cuban to win the trophy in Finals or do we want Shaq to pass up Timmy with 4 championships and MVPs?

I am torn here. I hate Cuban, but I do not want Shaq to pass TD up.

King
05-29-2006, 10:06 PM
TD has plenty of years to get it back from Shaq. I don't ever want Cuban to get one.

But, since you just called Dallas and Miami - it will be Phoenix and Detroit, and we don't have to worry about either.

picnroll
05-29-2006, 10:07 PM
Fuck Cuban

dknights411
05-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Phoenix isn't out of the series yet. And neither is Detroit. Anything can still happen.

Please_dont_ban_me
05-29-2006, 10:09 PM
No conundrum for me, go Heat!

Leetonidas
05-29-2006, 10:11 PM
If the Heat go to the Finals and win, I think Wade will be the MVP.

SpursInvasion
05-29-2006, 10:16 PM
I want Shaq to win. Anything but the Mavs. Besides Wade would get the MVP if they win. And not to mention a nice slap in the face to the Laker organization for letting the Big Fella go.

ShoogarBear
05-29-2006, 10:17 PM
ABC.

Anybody But Cuban.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-29-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm just glad I'll be out of the country so I won't have to see it...

Aggie Hoopsfan
Root for the Heat, Wade will get the Finals MVP so four for Shaq is a moot point.

E20
I still have hope for the Pistons.

Phoneix for sure I know will win Game 4. Phoneix in 6 I say.

Jimcs50
05-29-2006, 10:23 PM
But, since you just called Dallas and Miami - it will be Phoenix and Detroit, and we don't have to worry about either.

Detroit is toast. Phoenix is still on life support though.

DubMcDub
05-29-2006, 10:24 PM
Phoneix for sure I know will win Game 4.

I hope you are betting every single penny you own on the outcome, then.

After all, it's not too often someone knows "for sure" that a team WILL win a game. You must have quite the gift. :lol :lol :lol :lol

E20
05-29-2006, 10:33 PM
I hope you are betting every single penny you own on the outcome, then.

After all, it's not too often someone knows "for sure" that a team WILL win a game. You must have quite the gift. :lol :lol :lol :lol
It's called a guransheed, it works like 4 out of 6 times and I can't bet, I'm not old enough.

T Park
05-29-2006, 10:38 PM
:lol

Mavs fan gettin cocky again...

I still say itll be Heat and Suns

and Suns in 6.

SAGambler
05-29-2006, 10:41 PM
If the Mavs win, you will never stop hearing Cuban grandstanding.

So, go Heat... I would much rather see Shaq and DWade take it than to give Cuban something to crow about..

SAGambler
05-29-2006, 10:42 PM
It's called a guransheed, it works like 4 out of 6 times and I can't bet, I'm not old enough.

Well, I guaransheed this...Detroit has no answers for Shaq and DWade...

Put a fork in em... The Pistons are done.

Spurologist
05-29-2006, 10:44 PM
The only thing Mark Cuban will be successful in is getting gang raped by gorillas. There hasn't been a team in nba hisyory that has won the title with a gorilla gang raped owner. Plain and simple.

SequSpur
05-29-2006, 10:47 PM
Mavs are going to win 4 to 1.

adidas11
05-29-2006, 10:50 PM
Let's wait and see what teams actually make it to the NBA Finals first. Nothing is set in stone yet.

loveforthegame
05-29-2006, 10:53 PM
I'll be happy as long as Dallas doesn't win. I don't want to see Cuban holding that trophy ever. :madrun

And I'm sick of Terry's face smirking all over the court.

Go Heat.

Spurologist
05-29-2006, 10:53 PM
Phoenix can be a legit conteder if Amare and Thomas are magically healthy. Amare would have domesticated Dirk with facials and Thomas would have negated Diop. We could be looking at a heat - suns final.

E20
05-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Well, I guaransheed this...Detroit has no answers for Shaq and DWade...

Put a fork in em... The Pistons are done.
I'm still gonna say Pistons in 7. I'd rather have Pistons win, so the 'ships can be exclusively kept between Spurs and Pistons.

E20
05-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Phoenix can be a legit conteder if Amare and Thomas are magically healthy. Amare would have domesticated Dirk with facials and Thomas would have negated Diop. We could be looking at a heat - suns final.
I agree 100%. I mean Kurt Thomas has handed at least one facial to Dirk in every game. Imagine what Amare would do!! Plus, Amare is much more athletic and with some hustle and determination he could probably guard Dirk.

Mavs_man_41
05-29-2006, 11:16 PM
damn u guys are all bitter....mavs and heat mavs win in 6

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-29-2006, 11:20 PM
FuCK THE MAVS!!!!

boutons_
05-29-2006, 11:21 PM
ABC

Anybody But Cuban

Detroit is in a much deeper 1-3 hole than the Spurs were, because the Spurs didn't have their heads up their asses and chemistry problems, nor did they have an asshole like Rasheed dragging his butt.

judaspriestess
05-29-2006, 11:24 PM
FUCK and I mean with all the power in the world FUCK Mark Cuban, he's already going to be the father of the next anti-christ do we need this asshole to get a trophy? Hell fukcing no

Go Shaq, I never thought I'd say that. I called it, nobody read it :lol a couple of weeks ago that Miami was gonna take it.

See ABC wants the "sexy" team to win a la Miami, the Hollywood on the East coast......

I just find this incredibly "ironic" the two best teams hands down, an expected rematch, are going down.... Bullshit...........

Shank
05-29-2006, 11:25 PM
If they were the "best teams hands down", then why is one team on vacation and the other looking at brochures?

judaspriestess
05-29-2006, 11:27 PM
If they were the "best teams hands down", then why is one team on vacation and the other looking at brochures?

reread the post shithead. its called ABC

Dallas fans = The Dumbing Down of America

you'll NEVER experience the joy of your team winning a ring, bitches

Shank
05-29-2006, 11:33 PM
reread the post shithead. its called ABC

Dallas fans = The Dumbing Down of America

you'll NEVER experience the joy of your team winning a ring, bitches

Do all the women in your trailer park use the same language you do? You call out Dallas fans for being dumb, yet you can't construct 2 sentences without resorting to some inane profanity.

And calling me a shithead while you rant on about some crap TV ratings conspiracy? Where's your proof of that? Because it's true in your little mind doesn't make it true in the real world. You're delusional.

Why am I even wasting my time with you? It's obvious you have little to offer aside from nonsensical ramblings.

ponky
05-29-2006, 11:57 PM
HAHAHAHAHA, everyone has gone from all this feel good brotherly love with the Pistons to rooting for the Heat. Hilarious, I'm sure Pistons fans appreciate your fickleness.

ponky
05-30-2006, 12:00 AM
I agree 100%. I mean Kurt Thomas has handed at least one facial to Dirk in every game. Imagine what Amare would do!! Plus, Amare is much more athletic and with some hustle and determination he could probably guard Dirk.

Ummm, I know it's hard for Spurs fans to follow anything outside of Spurland but I'm pretty certain the *if he were healthy* Thomas would be K-U-R-T Thomas, not the other T-I-M Thomas already playing in the playoffs. *Shakes head*

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-30-2006, 12:02 AM
HAHAHAHAHA, everyone has gone from all this feel good brotherly love with the Pistons to rooting for the Heat. Hilarious, I'm sure Pistons fans appreciate your fickleness.

Just wait till you go tell everyone at Mavstalk, it will be a good times for all.

ponky
05-30-2006, 12:03 AM
Do all the women in your trailer park use the same language you do? You call out Dallas fans for being dumb, yet you can't construct 2 sentences without resorting to some inane profanity.

And calling me a shithead while you rant on about some crap TV ratings conspiracy? Where's your proof of that? Because it's true in your little mind doesn't make it true in the real world. You're delusional.

Why am I even wasting my time with you? It's obvious you have little to offer aside from nonsensical ramblings.

ROFLMAO!!!! Well put my Mavs man, well put.

ponky
05-30-2006, 12:04 AM
Just wait till you go tell everyone at Mavstalk, it will be a good times for all.

Nah, we don't talk too much about what goes on here on Spurstalk too much, maybe a post here and there during the series but I think there's only one thread which contains the word *Spurs* in it.

I H8 Mavs Fans
05-30-2006, 12:06 AM
Nah, we don't talk too much about what goes on here on Spurstalk too much, maybe a post here and there during the series but I think there's only one thread which contains the word *Spurs* in it.

Yeah, my ass.

ponky
05-30-2006, 12:08 AM
Yeah, my ass.

Seriously, the Mavtalk forum is not nearly as active as this forum, why do you think we're on here? During the games it's fine and fun but very little goes on outside of this, except for the occasional troll or pessimist. There are so many more threads about stuff other than the Spurs on Spurstalk, it's more entertaining at times.

greens
05-30-2006, 12:11 AM
I want Miami to win...I just don't have any respect for the Mavs players (especially Jason Terry), Avery(a coach complaining about "bear hug defense" and "bad calls"...lol), and MARK CUBAN (it would be too long to list all of his faults, believe me...but him saying a two-letter curse word at Bruce Bowen, my favorite player, just tops it for me...as well as his comments about "the dirty river"...)

And I still think that the officiating in the Dallas games was the worst I've EVER seen...Tim Duncan getting fouled out over "zero contact" with Dirk...It's like no one can even "breathe" on Dirk...not to mention the ridiculous foul on Bowen that tied Dallas to Spurs and went into overtime...Sorry to the Mavs fans, but IF the Mavs even win, it would be in the most unfair and cheating way...Now I know that there are plenty of bad calls in basketball but what was happening in Dallas was just ridiculous...Even the media reporters could not stop talking about those terrible calls...

So therefore, I want Miami to win. So what if Shaq will be the MVP...It has nothing to do with Tim Duncan, who by the way only cares about his team winning rather than winning 'individual' spotlight...TD is a team player. It makes no different if Shaq will have more MVP trophies, at least not to TD.

I don't think that neither Pistons nor Suns should win...Don't get me wrong. I have a LOT of respect for both of these teams. I love these teams. I don't even like or know much about Miami...BUT Pistons are not in the same shape as they were last season...they've been playing badly recently..and the Suns just don't have that "it" to win, yet that is...They still need to grow...Also if Suns did win, it would be like Spurs just opened the door for them when they were defeated by the Mavs...And if the Pistons won, it would be 2 trophies in three years...too dominationg for my taste...because I am a Spurs fan, first and foremost....

So I'd say Miami would be my ideal winner at this point...

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2006, 12:17 AM
Best I can tell the Mavs are the team Stern wants to win it. Hence, ABC. Anyone But Cuban.

ponky
05-30-2006, 12:21 AM
HAHAHAHA, yeah Stern wants the Mavs. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Anyway these last two posts bring a great big smile to my face. Spoiled Spurs fans being sore losers. Not every Spurs fan is like this but the ones who are, pathetic. I like how some Spurs fans at the game were calling Dirk, Michael Jordan, hahahahahahahahaha.

Shank
05-30-2006, 12:22 AM
Best I can tell the Mavs are the team Stern wants to win it.

And you can tell that how?

Spurologist
05-30-2006, 12:23 AM
HAHAHAHA, yeah Stern wants the Mavs. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Anyway these last two posts bring a great big smile to my face. Spoiled Spurs fans being sore losers. Not every Spurs fan is like this but the ones who are, pathetic. I like how some Spurs fans at the game were calling Dirk, Michael Jordan, hahahahahahahahaha.

http://www.thethirteenthstep.com/stfu/syntax.jpg

http://www.thethirteenthstep.com/stfu/fortune_stfu.jpg

ponky
05-30-2006, 12:26 AM
http://www.thethirteenthstep.com/stfu/syntax.jpg

http://www.thethirteenthstep.com/stfu/fortune_stfu.jpg

Oh c'mon, no crude joke about the raping gorillas? Pfffffft.

Spurologist
05-30-2006, 12:27 AM
Oh c'mon, no crude joke about the raping gorillas? Pfffffft.

http://www.thethirteenthstep.com/stfu/niceobservation0vq.jpg

LakerHater
05-30-2006, 12:46 AM
Fuck Cuban http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/clap.gif http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies2/smitu.gif

greens
05-30-2006, 12:55 AM

um, okay...No offense to Dirk, at all, he IS a good player...BUT comparing him to Michael Jordan, a 6 time MVP of the NBA Finals...WELL...that's just a big stretch...No comparison at all....Michael is one of a kind...

and as for the "sore looser" comment, we're just being honest. The foul calls were the worst ever...I don't know how YOU, the Mavs fans, can deny that...And gee, how is winning games through foul shots fair exactly? As I recall, Dirk made a bunch of crucial foul shots that tied the Mavs and the Spurs in a COUPLE of games...not one game..but a bunch of them...Hmmm...interesting...Anyway, I'm just being honest. I'm not whining. I'm pointing out the OBVIOUS...In my book, there is no way that the Mavs have beat the Spurs fairly...heck no...Read some articles and watch a bunch of sports shows, and you will HEAR about those "terrible/embarassing" calls...If you're not satisfied yet, check out the below thread that talks about a certain technical that NOW has been taken back...

Amuseddaysleeper
05-30-2006, 01:03 AM
hey ponky

congrats on beating the spurs

you guys earned it

good luck in the finals!

pussyface
05-30-2006, 01:07 AM
This message is for the guy who keeps posting about mark cuban being raped by gorillas.

that shit is sooooo funny.
where do you come up with your material?
you should become a writer for the tv show "mad tv."

Kori Ellis
05-30-2006, 01:08 AM
This message is for the guy who keeps posting about mark cuban being raped by gorillas.

Yeah, I am sick of the gorilla rape comments too. What does that even stem from? I was going to ask earlier today but then I forgot about it and went to the movies.

ponky
05-30-2006, 02:21 AM
um, okay...No offense to Dirk, at all, he IS a good player...BUT comparing him to Michael Jordan, a 6 time MVP of the NBA Finals...WELL...that's just a big stretch...No comparison at all....Michael is one of a kind...

and as for the "sore looser" comment, we're just being honest. The foul calls were the worst ever...I don't know how YOU, the Mavs fans, can deny that...And gee, how is winning games through foul shots fair exactly? As I recall, Dirk made a bunch of crucial foul shots that tied the Mavs and the Spurs in a COUPLE of games...not one game..but a bunch of them...Hmmm...interesting...Anyway, I'm just being honest. I'm not whining. I'm pointing out the OBVIOUS...In my book, there is no way that the Mavs have beat the Spurs fairly...heck no...Read some articles and watch a bunch of sports shows, and you will HEAR about those "terrible/embarassing" calls...If you're not satisfied yet, check out the below thread that talks about a certain technical that NOW has been taken back...

I certainly did not make that comparison to Jordan, it was three guys sitting behind me at Game 5 in San Antonio, three Spurs fans. They were stupidly trying to say that Jordan got as man AND1s as he wanted and so Dirk must be Jordan. I thought it was kind of silly because it just sounded like they were calling Dirk the next Michael Jordan so other fans were confused as well. Anyway, Jordan and Dirk are apples and oranges and I would never compare the two.

Dingle Barry
05-30-2006, 04:13 AM
I for one appreciate and fully support the gorilla rape comments

ChumpDumper
05-30-2006, 04:18 AM
I have accepted Shaq as champion in the past. There is no reason for me to do the same for Keith Van Horn now.

shelshor
05-30-2006, 06:37 AM
Miami or Dallas?
Snaq & Riley & Walker or Cuban & Terry & Nitwitski?
Would I rather step in cowshit or pigshit?

whottt
05-30-2006, 06:50 AM
I never thought anything could make me root for Shaq...I was wrong.

Go Heat Go.

whottt
05-30-2006, 06:54 AM
Let's wait and see what teams actually make it to the NBA Finals first. Nothing is set in stone yet.

Let's not...the only time you worry about that kind of crap is when it is your team and you don't want to jinx them or sound like a cocky fool....

Who cares if we jinx either of these teams?

One of the only joys of being out of the playoffs early is being able to count your chickens before they are hatched with regards to other teams...I am surprised you need this explained.

Slomo
05-30-2006, 07:11 AM
ABC!

Silently hoping for Suns/Pistons though.

Slomo
05-30-2006, 07:11 AM

Go Heat Go.:lmao

So true!

:depressed

Parker 09
05-30-2006, 07:12 AM
ABC
Lets go Heat

1Parker1
05-30-2006, 08:10 AM
:pctoss :pctoss :pctoss Out of ALL the teams in the NBA, what are the chances of the TWO teams I despise making it? :pctoss

GO MAVS! The idea of Shaq + ZO + Walker hoisting the freaking NBA championship trophy in June makes me want to take a break from the NBA next season. :depressed

strangeweather
05-30-2006, 08:29 AM
It would be hilarious to see Cuban win a title -- he'd probably be so convinced that it was all due to him that he would install himself as the starting point guard next season. :lol

Sigh. What an asswipe. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't have any problems with the Mavs winning. :depressed

strangeweather
05-30-2006, 08:30 AM
I have accepted Shaq as champion in the past. There is no reason for me to do the same for Keith Van Horn now.

Antoine Walker is better?

Jimcs50
05-30-2006, 08:39 AM
I think Miami is the choice here.

Alas, I can not root for Shaq, Walker and Zo celebrating with the Spurs' trophy.

I will let Dallas borrow the trophy for 1 year, and then it will be returned to TD and the rightful owners, the San Antonio Spurs.

I think this whole thing is Tim Duncan's fault. That stupid Trophy coveting commercial that the NBA put on every year, where TD is on the shrink's couch and he says: " She is mine, then she leaves me, and then she is mine......" Well, that right there jinxed him because the little bitch only stays with TD one year at a time.

:cuss

ShoogarBear
05-30-2006, 09:00 AM

Go Heat Go.

Where is the "falling out of chair" smilie?

Welcome to my world, buddy.

ShoogarBear
05-30-2006, 09:01 AM
GO MAVS! The idea of Shaq + ZO + Walker hoisting the freaking NBA championship trophy in June makes me want to take a break from the NBA next season. :depressed

Just wait. Another week of Cuban will have you changing your tune.

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 09:07 AM
The Mavs look good, and so do the Heat. What I want is irrelevent.

I must say though, I won't be too disappointed if the Pistons don't win. I don't want them getting 4 Trophies before the Spurs.

Shaq getting 4 Rings will only make next years Spurs/Heat Final more exciting.

Dirk getting his first Ring will make the Spurs/Mavs WCF next year unmissable.

No downside against the Suns winning, except that it's very unlikely, and embarassing that they could beat the Mavs when the Spurs couldn't.

1Parker1
05-30-2006, 09:23 AM
Just wait. Another week of Cuban will have you changing your tune.

Cuban's an idiot. He says those things just to get his team on the map. Besides, he's the owner. I hate Miami PLAYERS even more than Cuban.

ShoogarBear
05-30-2006, 09:30 AM
Juuuuust wait.

Texas_Ranger
05-30-2006, 09:32 AM
It is not over yet.

1Parker1
05-30-2006, 09:36 AM
Juuuuust wait.

I'm not waiting for anything. I refuse to watch a Finals match between Miami and Dallas. I despise both teams and to see them fighting for a TITLE? I may have to ban the NBA next season. :pctoss

td4mvp21
05-30-2006, 09:37 AM
I think this whole thing is Tim Duncan's fault. That stupid Trophy coveting commercial that the NBA put on every year, where TD is on the shrink's couch and he says: " She is mine, then she leaves me, and then she is mine......" Well, that right there jinxed him because the little bitch only stays with TD one year at a time.

:cuss

That trophy is a little bitch! I hate her.

Shank
05-30-2006, 09:39 AM
I thought you guys were all Pistons fans now. What happened to that?

Jimcs50
05-30-2006, 10:25 AM
I thought you guys were all Pistons fans now. What happened to that?

duh!

The Pistons are toast.

Dallas keeps getting lucky by having injuries to Phoenix' Bell, so they have no chance.....so we have the two teams that we hate in the Finals....What a horrible NBA Finals for Spurs' fans.

Maybe both teams contract a raging case of Herpes and be unable to perform and the NBA will call off the Finals....we can only hope.

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 10:45 AM
duh!

The Pistons are toast.

Dallas keeps getting lucky by having injuries to Phoenix' Bell, so they have no chance.....so we have the two teams that we hate in the Finals....What a horrible NBA Finals for Spurs' fans.

Maybe both teams contract a raging case of Herpes and be unable to perform and the NBA will call off the Finals....we can only hope.

OK, I understand the hate for the Mavs, but the Heat? Just because of Shaq?

The Heat have won nothing, done nothing to SA.

VinnyTestesVerde
05-30-2006, 10:54 AM
Fuck Cuban

Seriously. :worthy:

angel_luv
05-30-2006, 11:05 AM
I still have faith for Phoenix.

I don't want to count out Detroit but if they are going to lose, I want them to do it next game.

There is no reason to unecessarily wear out Miami. They are my back up beat the Mavs plan. Actually Miami is the back up for my back up, since my first choice was for our guys to elimated Dallas.

This is how it breaks down for me:

Mavs:
I want Dallas to lose most of all. When he is not playing us, I like Dirk Nowitski. And I have always had a soft spot for Keith Van Horn.
But Avery was just too full of it in our series for me to be able to sincerely wish him well. I don't like Devin Harris or Jason Terry.
And the only "Larry" Cuban belongs with is the one who was pals with Moe and Curly.
I am trying to forget the Dallas fans that plagued us all, so I won't elaborate on them.

Detroit:

Aside from Delfino, I don't care for the Piston players. I just rooted for the team because of their fans here on the board who were so nice to us.

Miami:
Shaq is much more likeable to me now that he is away from Kobe.
Since Shaq is not playing us for the crown, I don't care if he takes it.

I don't like Gary Payton but even he is less of a whiner than Cuban and Avery.

I don't care for Doleac ( although I don't really have a reason why) but again...
Anybody> Cuban etc.

I am indifferent to Alonzo and Walker so no harm there.

To review: :)

I want Phoenix to win the West.

But if ( shudder! gag!) Dallas progresses, I will root for whomever comes out of the East.

clambake
05-30-2006, 11:05 AM
ABC, ok. Refs, ok, I'm getting it. Stern, of course. The real reason the mavs have done so well has nothing to do with superior basketball. Just ask a spurs fan.

Ask yourself this question.........What will the spurs do about an even more improved mavs team next year? Harris, Howard, Daniels and Diop are only NOW learning how to fly.

Jimcs50
05-30-2006, 11:28 AM
The problem with Phoenix is....if they get Finals experience, and they get a healthy Amare next year....they will be the team to beat next year, not SA.

angel_luv
05-30-2006, 11:32 AM
The problem with Phoenix is....if they get Finals experience, and they get a healthy Amare next year....they will be the team to beat next year, not SA.

It may not be a walk in the park, but I am confident our squad can take Phoenix.
And it isn't like we have ever been widely acknowledged as the team to beat. :)

Jimcs50
05-30-2006, 11:54 AM
It may not be a walk in the park, but I am confident our squad can take Phoenix.
And it isn't like we have ever been widely acknowledged as the team to beat. :)

I think the Spurs have had their time in the sun under TD and now the Spurs will be no better than 4th seeds from now on. Pop can not coach but one way, and that is with two 7 footers dominating the paint, and we no longer have that luxury. This was SA's last roundup, and it is ironic that a team called Mavericks ruined their roundup. Every dominant team has to accept the fact that they can not win forever, and the Spurs have now come to that point. The NBA will be Lebron's, Wade's, Dirk's and Amare's playground for the next decade........

Spurminator
05-30-2006, 11:57 AM
If that's the scenario, I'll be rooting for the Mavs.

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 11:58 AM
I think the Spurs have had their time in the sun under TD and now the Spurs will be no better than 4th seeds from now on. Pop can not coach but one way, and that is with two 7 footers dominating the paint, and we no longer have that luxury. This was SA's last roundup, and it is ironic that a team called Mavericks ruined their roundup. Every dominant team has to accept the fact that they can not win forever, and the Spurs have now come to that point. The NBA will be Lebron's, Wade's, Dirk's and Amare's playground for the next decade........

I think you're wrong. Tony, Manu and Tim aren't finished yet.

strangeweather
05-30-2006, 12:02 PM
Yeah, all our stars are over the hill, and we don't have anyone who can penetrate into the paint or run the pick and roll, so we might as well blow it up and see if we can start accumulating some lottery picks. :rolleyes

angel_luv
05-30-2006, 12:02 PM

You need to BELIEVE.

How does this type of thinking benefit you?

Re watch game 7 against Dallas. Our guys don't look done to me.

Come on Jim! Let me hear you roar! Go Spurs Go! :cheer

Jules
05-30-2006, 12:03 PM

Do we want Cuban to win the trophy in Finals or do we want Shaq to pass up Timmy with 4 championships and MVPs?

Does anyone find it a bit curious that the two teams with the best regular season records are not going to the Finals? Yet, the two teams that have never been to the Finals stand the greatest chance to get there?

I don't want to talk conspiracy trash… but, could the 2006 Finals be a historic ratings ploy?

jamezyjamez
05-30-2006, 12:05 PM
Does anyone find it a bit curious that the two teams with the best regular season records are not going to the Finals? Yet, the two teams that have never been to the Finals stand the greatest chance to get there?

I don't want to talk conspiracy trash… but, could the 2006 Finals be a historic ratings ploy?

Interesting theory...would be tough to prove, but it is definitely fishy.

Until proven, I will just count myself lucky that we are guaranteed the two most boring teams in basketball will not be playing the NBA finals.

Jimcs50
05-30-2006, 12:07 PM

It is all a big conspiracy...the NBA has bad ratings, and they are going to make sure that they can improve them, the best teams be damned.

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 12:08 PM
Interesting theory...would be tough to prove, but it is definitely fishy.

Until proven, I will just count myself lucky that we are guaranteed the two most boring teams in basketball will not be playing the NBA finals.

Boring is watching the Mavs and Suns trade shots...

jamezyjamez
05-30-2006, 12:11 PM
That's cool you are still watching. Just to get a glimpse of Tony Parker playing poker during the AT&T commercial?

angel_luv
05-30-2006, 12:16 PM
You can only conspire so much. A lot of it is going to come down to how the ball bounces.

For example, refs can call bogus fouls but if the players don't step up and make the two shots, the refs haven't affected the immediate score.

Of course calling fouls is a great way to take key players out of the game. which will have it's consequences.

That said, I really don't believe that the refs or even Stern is the final authority when it comes to which team wins or loses the play offs.

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 12:17 PM
That's cool you are still watching. Just to get a glimpse of Tony Parker playing poker during the AT&T commercial?

Are you kidding? Of course I'm not watching. It's boring. :spin

That said, I am enjoying watching the Heat/Piston series.

angel_luv
05-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Are you kidding? Of course I'm not watching. It's boring. :spin

That said, I am enjoying watching the Heat/Piston series.

I am watching so I don't miss it when karma kicks in. :)

clubalien
05-30-2006, 12:20 PM
Anyone think that if shaq can win the title with two differnt teams he might be considered the best big man ever. I know horry won with lots of differnt teams, but he wasn;t the main guy like shaq is. Also shaq oudl win again while kobe hasn't.

I thik wade would be the mvp too if he made it the the finals and won. I also think lebron woudl get it too.

jamezyjamez
05-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Yes, that Detroit-Miami series is quality stuff. Detroit is going to break 85 soon...I just know it! And the Hack-a-Shaq vs the Hack-a-Ben is vintage ESPN Classic material. Too bad SA didn't win, then we could have added the Hack-a-Duncan and watch 12-hour NBA Finals games where SA wins by TD making 15% vs Shaq's 14%.

Karma just got swatted by Drop trying to take it to the hole...

fonzy16
05-30-2006, 12:29 PM
fuck nowitzki. Lets go Heat. Cause of Wade, I like him.

J.T.
05-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Abc

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 12:33 PM
Anyone think that if shaq can win the title with two differnt teams he might be considered the best big man ever.

I think Shaq is already considered one of the best big men ever.

I mean, 3 Finals MVPs and 3 Championships in-a-row. That's some hard shit.

Of course, Wade should get MVP this year is they win. But Shaq will just add to his claim of best big man ever... which is one reason I'm thinking of rooting for the Mavs! :depressed

George Gervin's Afro
05-30-2006, 12:40 PM
I hate Mark Cuban.. I hope the finals ends in a draw.. I would rather Snaq win his fourth than cuban his first..

ponky
05-30-2006, 01:11 PM

There's always a first time for teams and a lot of people were giving the Heat as much of a chance of getting to the Finals as the Pistons. When the Spurs won the championship last year the Suns had the best record in the West and Miami had the best record in the East and yet the matchup was between the Pistons/Spurs in the Finals. In 2004, the best records were held by Indiana and Minnesota, clearly we know what happened to those two teams by the time the Finals rolled around. Clearly, best record has not been a clear indicator of who gets to play in the Finals, the SPURS AND THE PISTONS have prevailed regardless of not having the best records the two season prior to this one.

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 01:24 PM
There's always a first time for teams and a lot of people were giving the Heat as much of a chance of getting to the Finals as the Pistons. When the Spurs won the championship last year the Suns had the best record in the West and Miami had the best record in the East and yet the matchup was between the Pistons/Spurs in the Finals. In 2004, the best records were held by Indiana and Minnesota, clearly we know what happened to those two teams by the time the Finals rolled around. Clearly, best record has not been a clear indicator of who gets to play in the Finals, the SPURS AND THE PISTONS have prevailed regardless of not having the best records the two season prior to this one.

Exactly. How may times did the Lakers have the best record, and then go on and win the Championship?

The team to beat next year will be the new NBA Champions...

Jimcs50
05-30-2006, 02:20 PM
I think Shaq is already considered one of the best big men ever.

I mean, 3 Finals MVPs and 3 Championships in-a-row. That's some hard shit.

Of course, Wade should get MVP this year is they win. But Shaq will just add to his claim of best big man ever... which is one reason I'm thinking of rooting for the Mavs! :depressed

Bill Russell - 11 championships

If you want to gage upon championships, then you lose with that argument.

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 02:40 PM
Bill Russell - 11 championships

If you want to gage upon championships, then you lose with that argument.

Sorry, I should have been more clear: By "his claim", I meant Shaq's, not mine.

It doesn't really matter anyway, what will happen will happen, despite how I feel about it.

polandprzem
05-30-2006, 02:49 PM
Hmm fuck Cuban, but it won't be his trophy so Go Dallas Go! Even if I will throw up seeing Cuban with LOB :pctoss

SpursWoman
05-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Let's not...the only time you worry about that kind of crap is when it is your team and you don't want to jinx them or sound like a cocky fool....

Who cares if we jinx either of these teams?

One of the only joys of being out of the playoffs early is being able to count your chickens before they are hatched with regards to other teams...I am surprised you need this explained.

:tu :lol

polandprzem
05-30-2006, 03:04 PM
btw
Russell
Wilt
Kareem
Hakeem
Mikan
Shaq
Moses
Dave

SpursWoman
05-30-2006, 03:11 PM

Boring is watching the Mavs and Suns trade shots...

NBA for ADD. :lol :lol

Trainwreck2100
05-30-2006, 03:12 PM
NBA for ADD. :lol :lol

a fucking men

Spurologist
05-30-2006, 04:49 PM

a mad tv gig is in the works. Your comments are appreciated.

I for one appreciate and fully support the gorilla rape comments

:tu I see great marketability in your future. Your vested interest in great sponsorship will guarantee you success.

zeleni
05-30-2006, 05:00 PM
I hope Shaq is better than Dirk.

jamezyjamez
05-30-2006, 05:34 PM
I hope Shaq is better than Dirk.

I hope your "hope" works as well as it did when you "hoped" the Spurs would beat the Mavericks...

Spurologist
05-30-2006, 05:41 PM
I hope your "hope" works as well as it did when you "hoped" the Spurs would beat the Mavericks...

We didn't hope. We knew. Mark Cuban minding his own business and shutting his face is what I was hoping for. At least his gorillas will be waiting for him when he gets home. The gorillas will have the "do not disturb" sign waiting for him in their room..

jamezyjamez
05-30-2006, 06:58 PM
We didn't hope. We knew. Mark Cuban minding his own business and shutting his face is what I was hoping for. At least his gorillas will be waiting for him when he gets home. The gorillas will have the "do not disturb" sign waiting for him in their room..

Oh you knew? That makes sense.

ponky
05-30-2006, 07:00 PM

Is TP one of those gorillas?

Spurologist
05-30-2006, 07:19 PM
Oh you knew? That makes sense.

how many rings does dallas have and how many times have they beaten the spurs in a series. Get the total please. Ownage and yeah, I knew.

Is TP one of those gorillas?

A gorilla is an animal idiot. How many times am I going to ask you to get a dictionary.

J.T.
05-30-2006, 07:27 PM
Mav fan have nothing better to do than keep posting here and looking like idiots. Go find your own board.

Jimcs50
05-31-2006, 12:05 PM
Perhaps, I buried the Suns too prematurely?

The Suns show life afterall. I did not think Bell would be back til game 5 at the earliest. This is a horse of a different color.

GO SUNS!!!!

1Parker1
05-31-2006, 12:07 PM
^Great, Mavs in 6 is all but guaranteed now. :lol

Jimcs50
05-31-2006, 12:08 PM
Dallas is going to kill Phoenix in game 5...take it to the bank.

angel_luv
05-31-2006, 12:17 PM

SilverSpur
05-31-2006, 12:28 PM

I would go with Dallas/Cuban winning the Championship for a couple of reasons.
First I would like the team that beat us to win it, that way I can justify the loss.
Second I would like to see Avery Johnson win it all
Third, Mark Cuban even though he is what he is I believe he is a big plus to the NBA and he has put up alot of money to make his team better.
Fourth, I think Dirk deserves a championship ring, I hate to play against him but I will admit he is good.
I agree with you not wanting Shaq passing TD up on the ring count. I would also not want Gary Payton and Pat Riley to when rings. I feel bad for Alonzo Mourning but maybe he can come over next year and win one with us.

1Parker1
05-31-2006, 12:56 PM
^If Alonzo Mourning ever came to play for the Spurs, I would ban myself from watching them the entire season.

Jimcs50
06-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Hmm, perhaps I am a jinx.

Imagine the possibilities.

CharlieMac
06-01-2006, 09:11 AM
I'll be "Shaq Fan #1!" if it's Dallas and the Heat in the Finals. I never thought this day would come.

CosmicCowboy
06-01-2006, 09:18 AM
I would definitely root for Miami in that matchup. First, it would be the ultimate snub to Kobe that Shaq could take a new team to the championship and Kobe as "the MAN in LA" couldn't...Jerry Buss eat your heart out you dumbass.

I'm not worried about Shaq getting more rings than Tim because Duncan still has a lot of years left to pass him...

The main reason is that I don't EVER want Cuban to win a ring. EVER. Fucking asshole.

Hook Dem
06-01-2006, 09:43 AM
I would definitely root for Miami in that matchup. First, it would be the ultimate snub to Kobe that Shaq could take a new team to the championship and Kobe as "the MAN in LA" couldn't...Jerry Buss eat your heart out you dumbass.

I'm not worried about Shaq getting more rings than Tim because Duncan still has a lot of years left to pass him...

The main reason is that I don't EVER want Cuban to win a ring. EVER. Fucking asshole.
And that right there is how true Spurs fans feel. Fuck the Mavs!!!!! Why would we pull for them? Would they pull for us? Hell no!!!!

Jimcs50
06-03-2006, 10:17 PM
OK, I have decided to root for Miami.

I hate Dallas withn a passion.

ChumpDumper
06-03-2006, 10:17 PM
I await the press release.