PDA

View Full Version : Pat Riley > Greg Popovich + Coyote

SequSpur
05-29-2006, 10:09 PM
Well, looks like Miami is rollin into the Finals against Dallas.

I guess Pat will sit Shaq and Alonso because they don't match up with Dallas.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pctoss

:flipoff Off Greg Popovich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horry For 3!
05-29-2006, 10:10 PM
:wtf

dknights411
05-29-2006, 10:11 PM
Geez, I've gotten over it and moved on by now. Give it up already and look forward to next year.

T Park
05-29-2006, 10:12 PM
Yeah Sequ,

cause Pop had Shaq and Alonzo on the bench in Nazr and Rasho...

:lmao

moron

strangeweather
05-29-2006, 10:13 PM
So just for the record, is it Rasho > Shaq and Nazr > Alonzo, or is it Nazr > Shaq and Rasho > Alonzo?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-29-2006, 10:20 PM
The greater irony is that the Heat are using the same defensive system of forcing the wings baseline as what Pop used to get his team to the Finals and three titles.

Guess we'll find out how that woulda worked out against the Mavs seeings Pop never tried. :spin

Slinkyman
05-30-2006, 12:30 AM
Riley will use a small line up with haslem and posey at the 4, shaq and zo don't play at the same time very often. You don't think Riley will put zo on dirk do you? :lol

LakerHater
05-30-2006, 12:53 AM
i would love to see the mavs try to guard shaq with some puss like diop yeah but thats what WE thought about TIM

dieman8686
05-30-2006, 02:02 AM
i would love to see the mavs try to guard shaq with some puss like diop
The funny part is that Damp always does a good job(better than most, since no one can stop him) on him every time the Mavs and Heat have played. Plus we can always throw in Diop like you said. Don't forget about DJ Mbenga(too bad you guys didn't get to see him play).

ChumpDumper
05-30-2006, 04:29 AM
The greater irony is that the Heat are using the same defensive system of forcing the wings baseline as what Pop used to get his team to the Finals and three titles.

Guess we'll find out how that woulda worked out against the Mavs seeings Pop never tried.Yeah.

Shaq/Zo = Rasho/Nazr any day of the week. It's just common sense.

polandprzem
05-30-2006, 05:25 AM
Honestly to me it is unfair that Coyote has to be on Pop's side.

strangeweather
05-30-2006, 07:50 AM
Yeah.

You don't have to have actual players to defend. Just a system. Everyone knows that.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2006, 08:00 AM

Common sense would dictate that you would include Duncan in there, as last I checked he still played for us.

Shaq/Zo = Rasho/Nazr seems to be the common retort to my observation, it's kinda cute how you guys omit Duncan from the analysis.

blaze89
05-30-2006, 08:09 AM
Common sense would dictate that you would include Duncan in there, as last I checked he still played for us.

Shaq/Zo = Rasho/Nazr seems to be the common retort to my observation, it's kinda cute how you guys omit Duncan from the analysis.

Since when did Duncan play for the Heat?

Jimcs50
05-30-2006, 08:44 AM
Pop can not carry Pat Riley's jock to the laundry.

strangeweather
05-30-2006, 08:51 AM

OK, well, if you want a serious response, Zo played 8 minutes last night, and Udonis Haslem is 6'8" 235 and played 33 minutes at PF. Haslem has pretty nice range and mobility for a PF, and he spaces the floor to give Shaq room to operate.

Which of our centers do you envision playing that role?

strangeweather
05-30-2006, 08:53 AM
Pop can not carry Pat Riley's jock to the laundry.

What with all those championships he's won after leaving the Lakers, he's pretty much closed the door on any comparisons with lesser coaches that have only won a few titles. :rolleyes

Texas_Ranger
05-30-2006, 08:53 AM
Funny thread :)

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 08:54 AM
The Hate for Pop is incredible...

Mavs/Heat should be a good series. Mavs have a lot of big men that can cycle through and just Hack-a-Shaq.

Dwayne Wade will get his, and Dirk will get his. But Antoine Walker and Jason Williams vs Jason Terry and Josh Howard?!? Dallas has the advantage, IMO.

Jimcs50
05-30-2006, 09:10 AM
The Hate for Pop is incredible...

Mavs/Heat should be a good series. Mavs have a lot of big men that can cycle through and just Hack-a-Shaq.

Dwayne Wade will get his, and Dirk will get his. But Antoine Walker and Jason Williams vs Jason Terry and Josh Howard?!? Dallas has the advantage, IMO.

I was Pop's biggest supporter, but he gave our chance at a trophy away with his stupidity and stubborness against Dallas. He will have to earn my respect all over again. I am back to 1996 with Pop.

ducks
05-30-2006, 09:12 AM
suns were down 3-1 came back 2-1 is quite possible

ducks
05-30-2006, 09:13 AM
especially if the mavs take the suns as little as the spur fans here not and have already given in to the fact mavs will go to finals

Jimcs50
05-30-2006, 09:14 AM
suns were down 3-1 came back 2-1 is quite possible

Not w/o Raja Bell.

1Parker1
05-30-2006, 09:21 AM
:pctoss The more I watch these conference finals, the madder I get about the Spurs loss.

DarrinS
05-30-2006, 10:28 AM
Well, looks like Miami is rollin into the Finals against Dallas.

I guess Pat will sit Shaq and Alonso because they don't match up with Dallas.

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pctoss

:flipoff Off Greg Popovich!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude! I know you're not comparing Shaq and Zoe to Frankenstein and Nazr! WTF? And, I guess Sean Marks is Hakeem Olajuwon?

Jimcs50
05-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Dude! I know you're not comparing Shaq and Zoe to Frankenstein and Nazr! WTF? And, I guess Sean Marks is Hakeem Olajuwon?

Dude, we are comparing Shaq and Zo to TD and Rasho or Nazr.

DarrinS
05-30-2006, 10:35 AM

If Nazr played like he played like he did in '05, I might agree with this thread.

Also, you can't make this comparison, because Shaq and Zo don't play at the same time.

strangeweather
05-30-2006, 10:57 AM

Looking over last night's box, Haslem and Walker got all the minutes at PF. So if we're comparing Shaq to TD, we're comparing Rasho and Nazr to Haslem and Walker.

I'm not sure I see many similarities.

DirkAB
05-30-2006, 11:07 AM
What with all those championships he's won after leaving the Lakers, he's pretty much closed the door on any comparisons with lesser coaches that have only won a few titles. :rolleyes

Yeah great point, especially with all that talent he had in New York, and in Miami before he retired. [sarcasm]

strangeweather
05-30-2006, 11:15 AM
Yeah great point, especially with all that talent he had in New York, and in Miami before he retired. [sarcasm]

I never said I thought he was a shitty coach, but if he is so incredible that other coaches with multiple titles can't even be mentioned in the same sentence, shouldn't he have something more to show for it?

DirkAB
05-30-2006, 11:32 AM
I never said I thought he was a shitty coach, but if he is so incredible that other coaches with multiple titles can't even be mentioned in the same sentence, shouldn't he have something more to show for it?

He does have something to show for it. I thought that 4 NBA titles, 8 finals appearances with 2 teams (about to make it 9 with 3 teams), and 12 conference final appearances with 3 different teams was something, it is isn't it?

Yeah, he better work on his resume.

DarrinS
05-30-2006, 11:38 AM
He does have something to show for it. I thought that 4 NBA titles, 8 finals appearances with 2 teams (about to make it 9 with 3 teams), and 12 conference final appearances with 3 different teams was something, it is isn't it?

Yeah, he better work on his resume.

He wasn't putting down Riley. He was defending Pop. It's called sarcasm.

LEONARD
05-30-2006, 11:48 AM
LMAO...this thread is proof that the Spurs losing was just too much for SequSpur to handle...

strangeweather
05-30-2006, 11:49 AM
And from '95-03 with the Heat, he won a total of 3 playoff series, which is why he retired from coaching until this year.

Riley is a terrific coach, but he's not a miracle worker.

Pop is also a terrific coach, who has done an awful lot of things in a lot less years than Riley.

DirkAB
05-30-2006, 11:49 AM
He wasn't putting down Riley. He was defending Pop. It's called sarcasm.

Bullshit, if he was defending Pop he would have posted something in Pop's defense, like his accomplishments and reasons why he believes he is a great coach, but instead he took a shot at Pat Riley for not getting any rings in New York or Miami. That is a strange way to stick up for somebody, by cutting somebody else down, don't you think?

DirkAB
05-30-2006, 11:53 AM
And from '95-03 with the Heat, he won a total of 3 playoff series, which is why he retired from coaching until this year.

Yeah, it's too bad he didn't have Tim Duncan and David Robinson on his team. Coaches aren't miracle workers you know, they can only be as good as the players on their roster. So do you think that Popavich is as good as Riley? Is that your point?

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 11:57 AM
I love it. When a team loses, it's the coaches fault. (ie, see Pistons and Flip).

But when they win, it's all the Players.

strangeweather
05-30-2006, 11:58 AM
Yeah, it's too bad he didn't have Tim Duncan and David Robinson on his team. Coaches aren't miracle workers you know, they can only be as good as the players on their roster. So do you think that Popavich is as good as Riley? Is that your point?

I think it's too early to say equal, because Riley started coaching back in the 80s and has a much longer resume.

But I think that he could end up being equal or even better by the time all is said and done, and I think he's already proven he's in the same ballpark.

leemajors
05-30-2006, 11:58 AM
riles is a great coach, and has enjoyed success with markedly varied styles. up tempo in LA, defensive minded in NY and Miami. he may have got a ring if he wasn't so (un)fortunate as to have michael jordan in the same conference in the latter part of his career.

leemajors
05-30-2006, 12:04 PM
LMAO...this thread is proof that the Spurs losing was just too much for SequSpur to handle...

yeah, this being the first time the spurs have ever lost in the playoffs the year after a title made it even worse.

DirkAB
05-30-2006, 12:10 PM
I think it's too early to say equal, because Riley started coaching back in the 80s and has a much longer resume.

But I think that he could end up being equal or even better by the time all is said and done, and I think he's already proven he's in the same ballpark.

Well, he better pick up the pace because Riley is about to get number 5. I don't know if you are fully appreciating what Riley has accomplished. Otherwise you probably wouldn't say that you think Popavich may end up being better than Riley by the time it is all said and done.

Wow, 9 Finals appearances, 9 out of 23 seasons, that's pretty amazing. Hell he's made the playoffs 21 out of 23 seasons, Popavich has already missed 2 out of 10 seasons.

I don't think that Popavich is in the same ballpark, yet. He probably will be if he continues to coach another 10 years, but I wouldn't say he is there yet.

GoSpurs21
05-30-2006, 02:31 PM

Guess we'll find out how that woulda worked out against the Mavs seeings Pop never tried. :spinI thought that it worked real well against the mavs especially in game 2

DarkReign
05-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Well, he better pick up the pace because Riley is about to get number 5. I don't know if you are fully appreciating what Riley has accomplished. Otherwise you probably wouldn't say that you think Popavich may end up being better than Riley by the time it is all said and done.

Wow, 9 Finals appearances, 9 out of 23 seasons, that's pretty amazing. Hell he's made the playoffs 21 out of 23 seasons, Popavich has already missed 2 out of 10 seasons.

I don't think that Popavich is in the same ballpark, yet. He probably will be if he continues to coach another 10 years, but I wouldn't say he is there yet.

How many teams were in the league when Riley started coaching? Yet 16 teams still made the playoffs, I think right?

Thats like the early NHL streaks, theyre garbage.

strangeweather
05-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Well, he better pick up the pace because Riley is about to get number 5.
Don't engrave his name on the trophy yet. There's a lot of basketball left to be played.

9 finals appearances out of 23 seasons is incredibly impressive -- no question. Pop's 3 titles in 9 full seasons is pretty impressive as well -- it's just over a smaller sample at this stage.

The only season that Popovich missed the playoffs, he was a midseason replacement. He has never missed the playoffs on a full season.

I may not mean "in the same ballpark" the same way you do. I mean that he's not there yet, but he's one of a few active coaches who has amassed a potential hall-of-fame resume. Three titles in 9 years is a lot. He's at a fairly elite level already, right?

If he retires after 20 years without advancing past the second round again, then he's still a coach with three titles, but he's fallen short of Riley's level. If he retires after 20 years with 6 or 7 titles, then you could potentially make a case he's better.

Slinkyman
05-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Looking over last night's box, Haslem and Walker got all the minutes at PF. So if we're comparing Shaq to TD, we're comparing Rasho and Nazr to Haslem and Walker.

I'm not sure I see many similarities.

You're right there is no comparison. Zo is getting 10 minutes a game in the playoffs, no way can you compare him to what people wanted pop to do and start rasho or nazr. Zo will never guard dirk, ever! Haslem, Walker and Posey will match up with Dirk in the finals where we used Fin and Bruce and that's why they will have success where we had problems. Those guys will do a decent job guarding Dirk but more importantly they will box him out and keep him off the glass.

tlongII
05-30-2006, 02:54 PM
I was Pop's biggest supporter, but he gave our chance at a trophy away with his stupidity and stubborness against Dallas. He will have to earn my respect all over again. I am back to 1996 with Pop.

You are absolutely correct. Teams should never be tricked into "matching up" with another team. To win championships you need to impose your will on the other team. San Antonio should have won that series and with Detroit going down I think they would beat Miami in the Finals.

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 02:57 PM
You are absolutely correct. Teams should never be tricked into "matching up" with another team. To win championships you need to impose your will on the other team. San Antonio should have won that series and with Detroit going down I think they would beat Miami in the Finals.

Rasho and Nazr are supposed to impose "their will" on the Mavs?!? :lol

It's a coaches job to put the players in a position to win games. Pop did that in Spades: Spurs had a chance to win every game of this series, except for game 2, which coincidentally starred the most minutes played by Nazr.

In other words, you try to get Rasho and Nazr to impose anything on the Mavs, and the Spurs are down and out in Five.

DirkAB
05-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Don't engrave his name on the trophy yet. There's a lot of basketball left to be played.

9 finals appearances out of 23 seasons is incredibly impressive -- no question. Pop's 3 titles in 9 full seasons is pretty impressive as well -- it's just over a smaller sample at this stage.

The only season that Popovich missed the playoffs, he was a midseason replacement. He has never missed the playoffs on a full season.

I may not mean "in the same ballpark" the same way you do. I mean that he's not there yet, but he's one of a few active coaches who has amassed a potential hall-of-fame resume. Three titles in 9 years is a lot. He's at a fairly elite level already, right?

If he retires after 20 years without advancing past the second round again, then he's still a coach with three titles, but he's fallen short of Riley's level. If he retires after 20 years with 6 or 7 titles, then you could potentially make a case he's better.

I can agree with most of that, but I seriously doubt that he will get to 6 or 7. He had Robinson and Duncan, when will his next superstar come along? A team like the Spurs doesn't look like they will get a top 5 pick anytime soon. Unless he leaves the Spurs and goes to another team, which is a distinct possibility.

BTW, I posted some bad info on him missing the playoffs 2 times, you're right it was only his first season as a replacement.

strangeweather
05-30-2006, 03:05 PM
I can agree with most of that, but I seriously doubt that he will get to 6 or 7. He had Robinson and Duncan, when will his next superstar come along? A team like the Spurs doesn't look like they will get a top 5 pick anytime soon. Unless he leaves the Spurs and goes to another team, which is a distinct possibility.
We may not have anyone to follow Tim -- no question. And 6 or 7 titles is pretty damn hard to get under any conditions.

I just mean that he's on a pretty impressive pace at this point, and that has to be respected. The rest of his career will define his legacy.

DirkAB
05-30-2006, 03:13 PM
How many teams were in the league when Riley started coaching? Yet 16 teams still made the playoffs, I think right?

Thats like the early NHL streaks, theyre garbage.

Are you fuckin' kidding me? What Riley did in his first 8 seasons as a coach is amazing. Because there were like what? 6-7 less teams you are going to call what he accomplished garbage?

82- Champs
83- Finals
84- Finals
85- Champs
86- Conference Finals
87- Champs
88- Champs
89- Finals

^^^^^^^^ You still think that is garbage? The next season he coached was in '92 with the Knicks, which is the first year he didn't make it to the conference finals, he lost in the semis. Well there were only 2-3 less teams in the league at that time. Then he got back to the conference finals again in '93, and to the Finals again in '94.

So do you think that having less teams in the NBA made it easier or harder to make it to the Finals all them times? One could make a pretty convincing arguement that adding more teams just watered down the league and destroyed the competition, making it easier for established teams to go far.

tlongII
05-30-2006, 03:16 PM
Rasho and Nazr are supposed to impose "their will" on the Mavs?!? :lol

It's a coaches job to put the players in a position to win games. Pop did that in Spades: Spurs had a chance to win every game of this series, except for game 2, which coincidentally starred the most minutes played by Nazr.

In other words, you try to get Rasho and Nazr to impose anything on the Mavs, and the Spurs are down and out in Five.

It's not just about Nazr and Rasho. It's about playing a certain style and having the belief that your style will be dominant and successful.

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 03:22 PM
It's not just about Nazr and Rasho. It's about playing a certain style and having the belief that your style will be dominant and successful.

OK, maybe I'm just an idiot, but what the Hell are you talking about?

How exactly was Pop supposed to impose his "style" of play on a deeper Mavs team?

tlongII
05-30-2006, 03:52 PM
OK, maybe I'm just an idiot, but what the Hell are you talking about?

How exactly was Pop supposed to impose his "style" of play on a deeper Mavs team?

By sticking to his guns and instilling his team with the belief that they would eventually prevail using the same system that they built a 63-19 regular season record with.

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 03:55 PM
By sticking to his guns and instilling his team with the belief that they would eventually prevail using the same system that they built a 63-19 regular season record with.

This is such a bullshit excuse.

Tlong, I know it's been awhile since the blazers have been in the playoffs, so I can excuse this point, but allow me to remind you that the playoffs aren't the same as the regular season.

A coaches job is to get his players in a position to win every game. Pop failed in ONE game against the Mavs, and it cost us the Championship.

So, yeah, maybe he should adjust after that game 2 blowout, just a thought.

tlongII
05-30-2006, 04:02 PM
This is such a bullshit excuse.

Tlong, I know it's been awhile since the blazers have been in the playoffs, so I can excuse this point, but allow me to remind you that the playoffs aren't the same as the regular season.

A coaches job is to get his players in a position to win every game. Pop failed in ONE game against the Mavs, and it cost us the Championship.

So, yeah, maybe he should adjust after that game 2 blowout, just a thought.

He adjusted before the game 2 blowout.

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 04:05 PM
He adjusted before the game 2 blowout.

When did he "adjust"? Before game 1?

SpursWoman
05-30-2006, 04:54 PM
When did he "adjust"? Before game 1?

Between games 1 & 2 ... when the Spurs went from a victory to an ass-whoppin'. You don't see the correlation?

nbascribe
05-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Spurs jsut got their asses beat in game 2. They were drained from the previous series and the first game of the second round.

pop couldn't have made a big adjustment to cause taht outcome. There was no fuel for the boys that nite.

texas84
05-30-2006, 05:14 PM
This is all still funny to me. Miami has centers that can punish you, whether offensively or defensively. What were Rasho and Nazr going to do against Dallas? Spurs fans seem to think that they'd make a huge contribution defensivley, but it would've created matchup problems with either Duncan or the center on Dirk or Howard. The same thing is happening with Damp in the Suns series. We want to play Damp/Diop, but Damp simply can't assert his will on the offensive end enough to overcome the severe mismatch it would cause on the defensive end. So he hasn't played since Game 1.

If Miami makes it to the Finals against Dallas or Phoenix, Shaq will definitely play because he will dominate the middle and it will offset any defensive liability it causes. Mourning may or may not, because he is not a great defender anymore nor is he an offensive presence anymore.

Detroit could play the Wallace boys against us because it would match-up against the Damp/Diop and Dirk frontline. Duncan is a great post defender, he is not a perimeter defender.

As said previously, yall need a long, quick 3 with some offensive skill but a good defender as well (someone like Tayshaun Prince).

strangeweather
05-30-2006, 05:32 PM
This is all still funny to me. Miami has centers that can punish you, whether offensively or defensively. What were Rasho and Nazr going to do against Dallas? Spurs fans seem to think that they'd make a huge contribution defensivley, but it would've created matchup problems with either Duncan or the center on Dirk or Howard. The same thing is happening with Damp in the Suns series. We want to play Damp/Diop, but Damp simply can't assert his will on the offensive end enough to overcome the severe mismatch it would cause on the defensive end. So he hasn't played since Game 1.

And see? You're being CRUSHED because you adjusted your lineup and you should never, ever... oh wait. You're up 2-1. Nevermind.

texas84
05-30-2006, 05:43 PM
And see? You're being CRUSHED because you adjusted your lineup and you should never, ever... oh wait. You're up 2-1. Nevermind.

You weren't 'being crushed' in games 3-6, nor in the second half of Game 7 for that matter. If the Mavs end up losing in 7 against the Suns, it would be complete BS for Mavs fans to say we should have played Damp and that Avery is an idiot. Damp simply cannot help in this series, just like Nazr or Rasho.

Why weren't Spurs fans complaining last year when the team abandoned there tempo and style of play to beat the Suns with scores between 110 and 130?? Because they won.

Honestly, the Spurs were this close to advancing playing small ball BECAUSE THEY HAD TO. If yall had someone in the mold of Josh Howard or Tayshaun Prince on your team, you would have won. And this whole "Popovich sucks" "we can't play small ball and win" crap would be moot.

strangeweather
05-30-2006, 05:49 PM
You weren't 'being crushed' in games 3-6, nor in the second half of Game 7 for that matter. If the Mavs end up losing in 7 against the Suns, it would be complete BS for Mavs fans to say we should have played Damp and that Avery is an idiot. Damp simply cannot help in this series, just like Nazr or Rasho.

Why weren't Spurs fans complaining last year when the team abandoned there tempo and style of play to beat the Suns with scores between 110 and 130?? Because they won.

Honestly, the Spurs were this close to advancing playing small ball BECAUSE THEY HAD TO. If yall had someone in the mold of Josh Howard or Tayshaun Prince on your team, you would have won. And this whole "Popovich sucks" "we can't play small ball and win" crap would be moot.

:tu

tlongII
05-30-2006, 06:26 PM

The problem with your argument is that the Spurs don't have someone in the mold of Josh Howard or Tayshaun Prince. Why play small-ball when you don't have the personnel to succeed at it? The Spurs best chance at winning that series was to make Dallas adjust to them, not the other way around.

texas84
05-30-2006, 07:20 PM
The problem with your argument is that the Spurs don't have someone in the mold of Josh Howard or Tayshaun Prince.

Exactly, and thus the reason that they lost.

Playing Rasho or Nazr... the Mavs would have won in 5 or 6. Sometimes the other team just has the pieces to win no matter what you do.

Because you lost in Game 7 in OT makes you believe that the Spurs couldn't win with small ball? Looks like it worked in Games 5 and 6 (with a little help in 6 i must admit).

Once again, if the Mavs lose to the Suns, I'm not going to sit here and complain about not playing Dampier or Diop (assuming the Suns figure out how to beat us with Diop in the lineup). We simply don't have an extremely mobile, shot blocking, perimeter defending big, like a Shawn Marion or Kevin Garnett. If we did, this series would be over tonight, but we don't.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Since when did Duncan play for the Heat?

Since when did Rasho and Nazr?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Back to the original thrust of the discussion...

You don't build your team's identity for six years and an entire regular season in the seventh, throw it all out because you felt the need to panic about the opposition making a lineup change, and have good things happen.

The whole point about having Rasho or Nazr in there is that it shuts down the lane and turns guys like Devin Harris into jump shooters.

Damn, I can't remember the last time teams were scoring 60-70 points a night on us in the paint, but it happened damn near every game in the Dallas series with Bowen and Horry playing "power forward."

Dance with what brung ya.

SequSpur
05-30-2006, 07:49 PM
Playing Rasho or Nazr... the Mavs would have won in 5 or 6. Sometimes the other team just has the pieces to win no matter what you do.

Bullfukkinshit.

SequSpur
05-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Spurs jsut got their asses beat in game 2. They were drained from the previous series and the first game of the second round.

pop couldn't have made a big adjustment to cause taht outcome. There was no fuel for the boys that nite.

Are you pop's agent or something? WTF? You have more Pop excuses than Pop himself.

Do you always walk around with a big L on your forehead? WTF?

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2006, 08:42 PM
How many of you think Diop is more athletic than Nazr or Rasho? Because Avery looks pretty damn smart right now playing him against the Suns to hold down the paint.

Slinkyman
05-30-2006, 09:10 PM
How many of you think Diop is more athletic than Nazr or Rasho? Because Avery looks pretty damn smart right now playing him against the Suns to hold down the paint.

Diop played 7 minutes and dampier none, ummm what's your point? Dallas is going with small ball like in the past couple games.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2006, 09:14 PM
Diop played 7 minutes and dampier none, ummm what's your point? Dallas is going with small ball like in the past couple games.

Dallas has played Diop 30+ minutes in each of the last two games, and tonight's not over.

strangeweather
05-30-2006, 09:18 PM
I think even Ostertag is more athletic than Rasho.

Nazr got benched due to his cripping mistakes.

blaze89
05-30-2006, 09:19 PM

The Suns don't have a frontcourt presence currently, he's sitting on the stands recovering from injury.

spurs_in_7
05-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Back to the original thrust of the discussion...

You don't build your team's identity for six years and an entire regular season in the seventh, throw it all out because you felt the need to panic about the opposition making a lineup change, and have good things happen.

The whole point about having Rasho or Nazr in there is that it shuts down the lane and turns guys like Devin Harris into jump shooters.

Damn, I can't remember the last time teams were scoring 60-70 points a night on us in the paint, but it happened damn near every game in the Dallas series with Bowen and Horry playing "power forward."

Dance with what brung ya.

this is the truth.

plus with rasho and nazr on the flor you add rebound power.