PDA

View Full Version : special msg to pistons fans

Cant_Be_Faded
05-29-2006, 10:45 PM
If you guys go down, you seriously have to look at it this way:

Making it to the NBA Finals three years in a row? With flip saunders as your coach for the attempted 3rd year? It's practically impossible. Especially now since it is obvious the league wants Pussy Ball to be the new norm.

Our defensive reign was short but great. We'll always have 2004-2005. All we gotta do is somehow get the Multimedia Spur or timvp to share his full-length-dvd-versions of each of those games.

Just remember. Three years in a row? Even if Pussy Ball weren't the new norm, it would be highly improbable.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-29-2006, 10:52 PM
They have played alot of games in those three years and logged lots of court time. Were not out yet as bad as it looks they can still win three staight two are at home.

JamStone
05-29-2006, 10:55 PM
Pistons have disappointed most of these playoffs. But, I can only give credit to the Miami Heat. I don't want to hear about excuses. The Heat are playing better basketball and they've hit their stride at the right time. Very disappointing for Pistons fan after such a strong season.

But, you're right in the regard that making it to the NBA Finals three years in a row is extremely hard to do, regardless of the different factors of the team. It just takes a really special team to do that.

I've always thought that this Pistons team was too tough and too strong-willed to go out the way they are going out. But, right now, they do not have the heart and passion they need to outplay a very hungry Miami Heat team.

Shaq and Wade are very, very special. And, their team deserves to be up 3-1.

I'm a diehard fan, so I'm not quitting on the Pistons. I believe the Pistons can still win this. I know it will be extremely tough and the odds are against them. But, I refuse to quit on this team, even if some of the players have essentially done so with their play.

At least the Spurs went down fighting in each of their elimination games. If the Pistons do go down to the Miami Heat, I hope they go down fighting with every bit of their power.

I have been so proud of them as a fan over the last two seasons and most of this season. I haven't been proud of the way they've played for much of the last nine games.

I can accept losing. But, if they lose, put up a fight. Lose playing balls out.

Vinnie_Johnson
05-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Pistons have disappointed most of these playoffs. But, I can only give credit to the Miami Heat. I don't want to hear about excuses. The Heat are playing better basketball and they've hit their stride at the right time. Very disappointing for Pistons fan after such a strong season.

But, you're right in the regard that making it to the NBA Finals three years in a row is extremely hard to do, regardless of the different factors of the team. It just takes a really special team to do that.

I've always thought that this Pistons team was too tough and too strong-willed to go out the way they are going out. But, right now, they do not have the heart and passion they need to outplay a very hungry Miami Heat team.

I'm a diehard fan, so I'm not quitting on the Pistons. I believe the Pistons can still win this. I know it will be extremely tough and the odds are against them. But, I refuse to quit on this team, even if some of the players have essentially done so with their play.

At least the Spurs went down fighting in each of their elimination games. If the Pistons do go down to the Miami Heat, I hope they go down fighting with every bit of their power.

I have been so proud of them as a fan over the last two seasons and most of this season. I haven't been proud of the way they've played for much of the last nine games.

Credit to Shaq and Wade they are killing us the rest of the heat suck.

DirkAB
05-30-2006, 12:47 AM

Making it to the NBA Finals three years in a row? With flip saunders as your coach for the attempted 3rd year? It's practically impossible. Especially now since it is obvious the league wants Pussy Ball to be the new norm.

Our defensive reign was short but great. We'll always have 2004-2005. All we gotta do is somehow get the Multimedia Spur or timvp to share his full-length-dvd-versions of each of those games.

Just remember. Three years in a row? Even if Pussy Ball weren't the new norm, it would be highly improbable.

WTF is pussy ball? Is that where they call fouls for people actually fouling? You know, illegal physical contact.

pussyface
05-30-2006, 12:49 AM
"Especially now since it is obvious the league wants Pussy Ball to be the new norm." cantbegaded

hehe...man you really hit it on the head with that pussy ball comment.
do you write for a major metropolitan newspaper?
with nuanced insight like that someone should hire you.

i'm not sure if you've seen any games in the MIA/DET series, but im pretty sure Miami has been pushing them around.

SA was not as physical as DAL in their series.

...only a blind, partisan fan could make such a crazy assertion. this is certainly the post of a man who believed all year that sa/det were locks to win their conferences and cant come to grips with the reality that both squads (esp Detroit) have shown to be overrated.

deep down in side, do you really think the reason Detroit can't hang within 10 points of a mediocre Miami squad and SA couldn't hold a 3 pt lead with 20 seconds left in game 7 is because the league made a decision to open up the era of "pussy ball'? in what specific ways has the league acted to indicate to you that it "obviously" wants "pussy ball" to be the norm? kill yourself.

NuGGeTs-FaN
05-30-2006, 01:23 AM
Spurs are the champs at pussy ball. They bitch and whine at any contact :smokin

1Parker1
05-30-2006, 08:26 AM
I'm simply amazed that this is the same Detroit Pistons team, who three weeks ago, I was questioning whether or not the Spurs can beat IF they meet in the Finals. Now look? No more Spurs...and soon to be no more Pistons. :depressed

I seriously wanted the Pistons to win it all, after the Spurs lost. :flipoff NBA.

Darrin
05-30-2006, 08:36 AM

The Bad Boys did it, and the attempt to do it this season was a way to get the bitter taste of game 5 and 7 from last year out of our system. Now, it will probably be the last Finals memory for awhile. I suddenly know how Kings fans felt after Webber went down.

mabber
05-30-2006, 09:04 AM

Great post! I agree, that the Heat look like the hungrier team right now and are peaking. Props to you for giving credit to the Heat. Series ain't over yet though...keep the hope.

baseline bum
05-30-2006, 11:48 AM
The Bad Boys did it, and the attempt to do it this season was a way to get the bitter taste of game 5 and 7 from last year out of our system. Now, it will probably be the last Finals memory for awhile. I suddenly know how Kings fans felt after Webber went down.

You guys have a ring in one of the most memorable Finals ever. That was probably the greatest upset in NBA Playoff history. All the Kings fans have to look back to are airballs in game 7. :lol