PDA

View Full Version : How Long Did It Take You Guys..

Hassdabballman
05-29-2006, 11:32 PM
To recover after losing the series to the Mavs. I no our series isnt over yet, but im pissed as hell. Just wonderin if you guys are still in recovery mode?

Trainwreck2100
05-29-2006, 11:33 PM
A game 7 OT loss is very hard to recover from.

Shank
05-29-2006, 11:34 PM
Batman! Look out!

Amuseddaysleeper
05-29-2006, 11:45 PM
it's gonna honestly be all summer

most fns will disagree but we were THIS close to winning the toughest series of the franchise's history. But as a pistons I'm sure you went through the same thing with game 7 in 2005. so this shouldn't be as bad for you guys

Winnipeg_Spur
05-29-2006, 11:54 PM
It's still going to be a while for me...

Especially if the Pistons lose, cause all season long I was expecting the Spurs to lose in the finals to the Pistons. If the Pistons don't make it I think we would've had a really good shot at winning the whole damn thing, if only we could've held on against the Mavs...:depressed

(then again, perhaps I'm seriously underestimating the Heat. They do look really good right now, so maybe they would've given the Spurs a better fight then I would've guessed)

kobyz
05-29-2006, 11:57 PM
our loss is very hard to recover and i still recover, our loss is be decided by a one bad play that give me trauma. your loss it's not so hard you just loss to a more good team.

T Park
05-29-2006, 11:59 PM
Not at all.

Dallas was a great opponent and deserved it.

Its basketball, if you let an entertainment diversion affect your life like that, well I don't know.

koopa
05-30-2006, 01:48 AM
well i'm pretty much over it now, but if the mavs win it all i'm gonna be pissed as hell. go shaq and wade, come on stern f'k over the mavs like you did us

caŽlo
05-30-2006, 02:35 AM
seeing t.p. at the suns game really helped me get over it.

heck if tps over it.. why shouldnt i

TDMVPDPOY
05-30-2006, 02:42 AM
i stop checkin the scores or lookn at news of the other series when spurs went out

German_Spursfan
05-30-2006, 03:13 AM
For me it's easy.
I think the Spurs were the better team, from my point of view, they deseserved to win. But there were some really bad calls and there were some very unlucky plays in the crunchtime. And some very stupid individual mistakes ends the dream of another Championship. But I don't like to say "the refs, Stern or little green men" are guilty. The Mavs are a strong team and perhaps they were a little bit more aggressive and without doubt, they have a little bit more luck. After contracting AJ, they're playing good basketball and were designed to beat the Spurs. And for the next years, the Spurs were the team to beat. They set the norm, who wants to be the champion, have to beat the Spurs first.

On the other hand, I'am a great fan of Dirk Nowitzki, he's the best german player ever and I don't think there will be another "superstar" in the next 500 years. In the US, you have every year at least ten players with similar talent, in germany for sure nothing, we're not serbia, croatia or slovenia. He's also private a good guy, a sympathic, hard working role model for everyone who live for his dream. His success got something of a fairy story. Thats the reason why I'am not frustrated of this avoidable loss.

ChumpDumper
05-30-2006, 04:03 AM
I may recover if we beat the Mavs next year and/or win it all. Pistonfan had to think there might be trouble if the Heat were full strength.

polandprzem
05-30-2006, 05:19 AM
I will never recover.

But there is a slight chance the spurs win 3 in a row then ask me if I recovered

MannyIsGod
05-30-2006, 06:13 AM
It sucks man. It sucks that I have to read the Maverick's fans posts. It sucks that we were within seconds of the WCFs against the Suns again. It just sucks that I have a month to go before the offseaon really starts, but I can't stand to watch basketball right now.

Meh, I don't wake up crying about it, but I'm like GIG. I haven't so much as watched ESPN since that night. It just sucks to see the Mavericks playing. I don't even read many threads in this particular forum.

I think I'll have a something to keep my sports mind occupied come June 9th. Also, after .4 losses are a bit easier to deal with. The Spurs have given us training with some of their post season loses. But man, not being able to plan a river parade come June really sucks ass. This is my Christmas. This is my annual event that gets me riled up. The playoffs are incredible. I'll get over it next year when the playoffs are back. :)

TOP_MODEL_M
05-30-2006, 06:27 AM
It's difficult, I haven't followed anything about NBA since then, other than this forum, but I've been a Spurs fan for over a decade, I've seen good and bad, great moments and tough times like this one, so I realize I should be very happy and satisfied with what this franchise has done for me as a hardcore fan.
I know Pop and the FO will do whatever it takes to bring back the trophy next year. When that happens I'll be recovered. Just like the prev time after the Lakers loss and then beating the Pistons the following year.
One thing I'd love to see from the Spurs next year is the hunger for wins, which they didn't really show in the past months.I think that's the main reason we lost to Dallas. We're better. Still, give credit to the Mavs, they deserved it. Great teams lose with their heads up, next year will be ours! I just want to see them mad, angry and hungry for wins.Again.

Go Spurs Go!!!

exstatic
05-30-2006, 07:31 AM
Heat/Pistons go to game 7. Book it. That would be DRAMA.

td4mvp21
05-30-2006, 08:44 AM
I'm already over it, and I was fine by that Wednesday (Game 7 was Monday).

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 08:59 AM
I was over it, until I heard that shit about the blown call in Game 4.

Now it's just "What if", "What if", running through my mind.

The dream of a Spurs/Heat Final doesn't help either...

The current WCF SUCKS!!!

angel_luv
05-30-2006, 09:03 AM
I was in a very unhappy state for about four days straight after game seven and I still have sad moments now.

I miss seeing our guys play, of course. But they fought hard and for as long as they could.
I don't see the use in either the Spurs or me having a miserable off season. We all need to stay strong and upbeat and prepare for next season.

Along those lines, I have found it fun/theraputic to root for the Suns against the Mavs. Now if only Nash and company would be more cooperative.

Trifecta
05-30-2006, 09:06 AM
lets put it this way....i watched EVERY playoff game (both conferences) that was on TV. When the spurs lost, i havent watched one full game since

Exactly my point!!!!

I will recover much quicker if Dallas' loses a series!!!!

Phoenix looking vulnerable right now!

Its looking like a MAVS/HEAT finals! Boy, do I hope I am wrong on this forecast!!!

angel_luv
05-30-2006, 09:09 AM
If God forbid, the Mavs advance ( ewwwwwwwwww!) I am so rooting for the Heat or Pistons.

Jimcs50
05-30-2006, 09:13 AM
Still have not recovered. I have yet to watch a bball game since Spurs were ousted.

I really have lost all interest in the NBA, to be honest. The refs and the league have way too much power and influence, and the calling of the infractions are way too arbitrary and inconsistant IMO. I am bitter and it will take months to recover.

Old School Chic
05-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Not at all.

Dallas was a great opponent and deserved it.

Its basketball, if you let an entertainment diversion affect your life like that, well I don't know.

True.

I work for the Spurs and it only took me 24 beautiful hours to snap out of it!

samikeyp
05-30-2006, 09:19 AM
I was miserable until I saw OSC's avatar...now life is pretty good. :)

MoSpur
05-30-2006, 09:22 AM
As long as the Mavs are still in it, I will not be over it.

angel_luv
05-30-2006, 09:25 AM
This really helped me.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42549

I'm doing OK. Better. Not feeling as hurt about this elimination. I've already started to relax. And I don't intend to carry this feeling around with me during the off-season either. It hurts because we had such high expectations for ourselves, a great dream of becoming champions again. But you have to accept that we faced one of the top two teams in the West and it only slipped from our grasp in the final seconds. This series was a roll of the dice, either of us could have won, and it fell to us to be on the losing end...What's done is done. Only one can be the winner. There will certainly be more opportunities in the future.

BigVee
05-30-2006, 09:45 AM
Not until the Spurs win another championship. Still feel like they got screwed in the last series, still think they are a better team...and the one team I feared in the finals, who had HC is looking shakey. This year could have set up perfectly, but......

SenorSpur
05-30-2006, 09:47 AM
I was mad as hell for about a week. I'm still not completely over it now, as I have flashbacks to what might have been. It's hard to remain interested in the playoffs when you don't have a "dog in the fight".

To make matters worse, seeing the Mavs move through the next round is further insult to injury. Of course, it now looks as though they are going to "glide" into the NBA Finals.

With Detroit now having been exposed by Miami and on the verge of summer vacation, there's no doubt in my mind had the Spurs taken out the Mavs they would have surely repeated as NBA champions.

I'll feel better if the Heat can take the Mavs out.

1Parker1
05-30-2006, 10:14 AM
To be honest, I can't stand watching basketball right now. I haven't turned on ESPN either since the last game :lol

Obviously, I know it's just basketball, and seeing as TP is over it already, I guess we should be too. But I'm not. It's hard because the basketball season itself is so long and to see the team come up short and so close after 95 games played is hard, very hard. Especially when it was winnable :pctoss

angel_luv
05-30-2006, 10:22 AM
At least we gave ourselves the chance to make an historical comeback. I am really too proud of the guys to feel much else.

Jimcs50
05-30-2006, 10:29 AM
At least we gave ourselves the chance to make an historical comeback. I am really too proud of the guys to feel much else.

Screw that proud crap. I am not that mature. Pop screwed the Spurs, he wanted AJ to win it, that is what I think. There is no other explanation for his madness.

angel_luv
05-30-2006, 10:40 AM
Screw that proud crap. I am not that mature. Pop screwed the Spurs, he wanted AJ to win it, that is what I think. There is no other explanation for his madness.

Being proud is not about Pop - although I believe he did what he honestly felt was best for OUR team.

My pride is about our guys and how they stuck together and admirably handled all the situations/ adversity thrown at them.

This may not have been our year, but with our guys' good attitudes and work ethics, I have every reason to hope the next year will be.

I am not going to let Mark Cuban, Avery, David Stern or any other stooge kill my inner cheer leader or ruin my summer.
And you shouldn't either. :)

dknights411
05-30-2006, 11:25 AM
I've gotten over it mostly, however there shall be no more NBA in my house until October.

I've actually been spending my time watching the Stanley Cup Playoffs in the meantime (thank god I'm part Canadian or else this would be driving me crazy!!!)

GO OILERS!!!

dknights411
05-30-2006, 11:31 AM

We did come back from 1-3 to force a Game 7 AND almost won said Game 7, using the dreaded smallball no less. Pop and the Spurs actually impressed me so much with this series, not going down without a fight, that I am immensly proud of them, ALL OF THEM (Yes, even Manu)!

Jimcs50
05-30-2006, 11:45 AM
I am not going to let Mark Cuban, Avery, David Stern or any other stooge kill my inner cheer leader or ruin my summer.
And you shouldn't either. :)

It will not ruin my Summer, but it sure is fucking up my late May-early June NBA playoff watching.

:)

MadDog73
05-30-2006, 11:49 AM

This coming from a man who thinks it's Pop's fault Manu fouled Dirk... :rolleyes

SpursWoman
05-30-2006, 01:16 PM
There is still basketball going on? :wtf

dknights411
05-30-2006, 01:35 PM
There is still basketball going on? :wtf

Yeah. The And1 Mixtape tour starts this weekend. :lol :lol :lol

SpursWoman
05-30-2006, 01:37 PM
Awesome! :lol

ShoogarBear
05-30-2006, 03:22 PM
I didn't watch for a couple of days, but now I'm back into it. The games have been compelling. The only think that I keep perseverating over are Manu's foul and Tim's missed putback.

Hassdabballman
05-30-2006, 06:08 PM
Thanks guys. If the heat do end up beating us, im sorry to say but im rooting for the mavs or suns.

SpursWoman
05-30-2006, 06:09 PM
Thanks guys. If the heat do end up beating us, im sorry to say but im rooting for the mavs or suns.

We wouldn't blame you. But it ain't over 'til it's over. :fro

Cant_Be_Faded
05-30-2006, 06:09 PM
I am in no way recovered from what happened, in fact it still seems like we're all in a pussy-alter-dimension watching the two pussiest teams in the west play for the WC title.

For the first time in ages, I am cheering for Shaq.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-30-2006, 06:13 PM
BTW, what further proof would we need that the devil has taken over the world and we are on a path to the apocalypse than watching Mark Cuban and the Dallas Mavericks win an NBA title?

eek.

gameFACE
05-30-2006, 06:20 PM
I got over it pretty fast. Couple of days, maybe. At least they weren't eliminated like in '04 after .04 and then having to play Game 6 totally deflated. This year they went down fighting. It took a Game 7 and OT. Mostly it was losing to the Mavs that upset me more. Having to eat crow and shit. But you know what happened to the last team that knocked out the Spurs in the 2nd round..................

Cant_Be_Faded
05-30-2006, 06:21 PM
I could never get over it that fast cuz there is no doubt in my mind that the Spurs were a better team than this dallas team is.

PistonsFan
05-30-2006, 06:21 PM
i was disappointed that spurs lost and i still am. if the mavs make it to the finals i'll be..MAD.

v2freak
05-30-2006, 06:57 PM
It's gonna take until this time next year

Mavs_man_41
05-30-2006, 07:06 PM
I am in no way recovered from what happened, in fact it still seems like we're all in a pussy-alter-dimension watching the two pussiest teams in the west play for the WC title.

For the first time in ages, I am cheering for Shaq.

That "pussy team" knocked u guys out of the playoffs

Jules
05-30-2006, 07:29 PM
The disappointment has subsided and I'm all spurred up about next season!

The preseason is less than 5 months away... Go Spurs Go!

Leetonidas
05-30-2006, 07:34 PM
The only thing I'm disappointed about is that the free agent signings and trades haven't started.

Murphy
05-30-2006, 07:47 PM
its just a game, I was over it when I woke up the next day, there are worse things in life to be pissed about

kimberly_spursfan
05-30-2006, 09:38 PM
it takes quite a while to recover, every b-ball game that comes on and u realize the spurs arent in ne more is painful, but ya get over it. ill be completly over it when the mavs are out of the series

SPARKY
05-30-2006, 11:47 PM
It was a fitting end to the season. They couldn't put it all together at the same time. Just as TD was finding his forum TP and MG get banged up.

From the 3rd title on is gravy time for Spurs fans. I guess I'd take it harder if they'd never been up that mountain.

RON ARTEST
05-31-2006, 12:06 AM
A game 7 OT loss is very hard to recover from.
im still recovering from the exact same loss in 2002. ot loss in overtime at home.